Old 07-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #106  
Empress/Queen

Wow, after all the time I've been on and off 3FC I didn't realize I WAS an Alternachick.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #107  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

I want in on this too!

31 y/o career-shifting, regularly depressed, potentially bipolar, girly looking geeky introvert with a passion for rock music and gaming, Final Fantasy nut. And a childless by choice agnostic.

Oh, and I'm Scottish. That HAS to do it

I will freely admit that a large motivating factor for wanting to lose 100lbs is to dress up as Lightning from Final Fantasy 13 next Halloween...

So... Hi *waves*
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #108  
ADL

S/C/G: 175/169/140

Height: 5"7

Hi The Shiv. I totally get you...I want to lose weight so I can dress up as Belle (my favorite disney princess) for halloween. Good luck on your weight loss, Lightnings' costume kicks ***!
ADL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:47 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 183/180.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Hi The Shiv! The Halloween before last I actually thought I lost enough weight to fit into my Storm (x-men) costume and I thought that would be the beginning of something great but no. I wore it anyway. It wasn't even close to what I thought I'd look like. Ah well. I'm already working on next year's costume as Calypso from Pirates of the Caribbean and it involves a corset!!

The Shiv, my fav fav fav FF character is Lulu. I like her FFX costume with the long dress with the belts and the cute Moogle (did I type that right) that she carries around with her. Yuna is also one of my favs but I like Lulu's darker side. If I can pull off Calypso, I might attempt Lulu.
iadrahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #110  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadrahs View Post
Hi The Shiv! The Halloween before last I actually thought I lost enough weight to fit into my Storm (x-men) costume and I thought that would be the beginning of something great but no. I wore it anyway. It wasn't even close to what I thought I'd look like. Ah well. I'm already working on next year's costume as Calypso from Pirates of the Caribbean and it involves a corset!!

The Shiv, my fav fav fav FF character is Lulu. I like her FFX costume with the long dress with the belts and the cute Moogle (did I type that right) that she carries around with her. Yuna is also one of my favs but I like Lulu's darker side. If I can pull off Calypso, I might attempt Lulu.
You have great costume choices! I'm working my way back from FF13 (never had a ps2, but I've googled and Yuna's costume looks cool! Reminds me a bit of Fang's, clearly the long skirt aspect is appealing to me
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #111  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I was always the girl with the dyed hair, band t-shirts, and black nails in high school. I've always been a bit of a loner and quiet. I enjoy the side of life that most people either don't notice or choose to ignore.

I have varying tastes in music, literature, and art. I like everything from hard rock to classical. I read everything, but I particularly love books about fairies and vampires. As far as art goes, I just like what I like. I do enjoy anime and videogames as well.

I like comfort and peace. I'm a very laid-back person. I'm perfectly content to sit in a chair with a blanket, a book and a cup of hot tea. I think everyone should just slow down and relax sometimes.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #112  
Empress/Queen

I have always been an alternachick, have never posted that I remember on this section of the forum but have been all over the 3FC block trying to fit in for decades lol. I define alternachick as an eclectic person seeking a fitness & weight management place to roost.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #113  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

I am so totally an alternachick! I just seem to naturally gravitate towards everything outside of the mainstream - music, books, movies, hobbies, fashion, food, etc. If almost no one has heard of it, I love it. If it's popular, I hate it. I've come to love this about myself. It's totally groovy being the odd one.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #114  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey!

I drop into the alternachicks now and then, just to see what's up!

After some checking out the thread, I could be an alternachick.

Not like some, but still, I figured and alterna is someone who follows their own path, whatever that may be.

In my neck of the woods, I'm a bit of the odd girl out. I live on a farm, I raise an organic garden, I lift heavy weights for exercise, my best friend is a gay guy, who is a great cook, I work for a veterinarian. I have a tattoo! Looking for another one.

I'm also currently doing lots of learning about natural/holistic/herbal remedies for good health and healing.

I'm not a girly girl, although I can pull that off when the situation calls for it.

I can drive a tractor, run a loader and backhoe, deliver animal babies, don't mind getting dirty.

Basically, I like my lifestyle and don't really care what anyone thinks about it!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 228.8/187.2/120

Height: 5'

I'm pretty much an alternachick wannabe...I am a theatre geek and I love steampunk and I really want to dye my hair either a blue/teal or purple/pink ombre, and I love zombies and basically anything supernatural. The only reason I haven't dyed my hair or bought more steampunk clothing is because I kind of want to lose the weight before I spend money on stuff.
fitmama84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 166/166/124

Height: 5'3"

I am new here and suppose that this will be the place for me!!! I see a lot of "chicks" here that I have things in common with: Anne Rice (the dark stuff), video games, Tool, not fitting in with "soccer moms" (and good grief I live in soccer mom mecca!!!), LGBT lifestyle, etc. Yay!!!!

Nice to meet you all!!!
50pounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 243/seeticker/170

Height: 5'11

I love this thread so far. I have read all of it and I think I may have a little bit in common with all of you!
paigeinabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:32 PM   #118  
Princess Fat Bum

S/C/G: 302/302/200

Height: 5'3"

'Old school' goth, checking in!

I'm almost 40, have pink and fuschia hair, love punk and industrial music, covered in tattoos and pretty much wear black every day. I think I fit in, here.
SebbysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #119  
jessie

S/C/G: 274.6 / see ticker / 190

Height: 5'7"

So glad to have found this!!! im at work so I only have a sec, could someone tell me how you get the little scale things at the bottom of your post?
please and thank you!!! oh yea and HELLO !!
jessiegreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:18 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 173/168.8

Height: 5ft 2in

nodding my head at all your bios, I'm the same, a fan of rock and alternative since my teens but alternative in a lot of other ways. I've been an atheist, vegetarian with a liberal outlook on life for a long time, was living my boyfriend and kids before we were married at a time it wasn't the done thing. I always feel I was born about 20/30 years too early.
aryastark is offline   Reply With Quote