Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #76  

I did, and it was a shock to see all that hair on the floor! I really liked the stylist. I took in a picture of me at age 19 and asked her to get as close to the color my hair was way back in the day. She took a lot of time and care with it and with the cut. I have made an appointment in advance for October 1. I'll upload a picture of the haircut and color too if I ever figure out this picture thing,
Old 08-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #77  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Sorry I don't have time to get all my personals out there... I am at work
Bobbi--- My strongest best wishes for the intervention. I am an alcoholic too. Your grandson will have to look at the reality of his life and face up to his truths... He may choose to do something other than what you all know is best for him.. but atleast no one will be offering him a place to continue his downward spiral of addiction.
And here's to your continues good health.. may healing come your way.
Which now brings me to sweet Karen 31 and my heartfelt wishes that Our Heavenly Father be a source of inspiration and a Comfort to lean on. You are braving a storm ...
Old 08-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Karen31, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Tim during this difficult time. I hope they can keep him comfortable.

Bobbi, it seems with the way the young people get involved with alcohol at such a young age sets them up for addiction. I pray that this intervention is able to turn your grandson's life around. I was concerned about my stepson but once he became a family man he really cleaned up his act, knowing he was responsible for other people.

Cherry Tomato, can't believe you did it and can't wait to see pictures. This must be a big change for you.

Mary, I think locking up the snacks is a good idea. Hope you win it.

Gayle
, hope the stuff DH has lined up is fun stuff, not work! Enjoy your day.

Donna, good for you for holding off on going back to work. At some point you might feel that you're interested in that, but then again, maybe not! LOL Take it easy with the yoga. It does sound like a good idea for gentle movement.

Cajun, for a long time after retirement I still got up at 5 every morning. That was my quiet time to read a bit while having a cup of coffee. Now I still wake up early, but I'm learning to roll over and go back to sleep. Today it was 8AM, yesterday was 9:30.

Deelou, good deal on the 16 lbs!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:47 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

It's still morning and so many of you were typing over my head. I did something so confusing and senile....Put a small turkey roast in last night that would be done at 7pm (Dash food). This morning DH found the roast still in the oven(off). It was shoe leather but not burnt. I don't remember going in and shutting off the oven. I never went back to the kitchen after dinner.....think DH is letting me stew because he did it! How's that for confabulating!

Cherry....hair picture asap!

Cajun....All we've ever owned were hunting, pointing and retrieving dogs. They are so smart and so dumb at the same time.

Mary...You and Cajun are so lucky to have family near by.

Rosey...Have you gotten hooked on Breaking Bad yet?

Deelou....Love the "Gotcha". How special it must make her feel. So nice,

Bobbi....Now you understand why I did both at once. Going back again takes a h*llva of a lot of courage. Now YOU can do it! My prayers for the intervention. The sobriety is his but the work getting there takes the whole family. Years of being an EOTH nurse with the VA just popped out.

Karen....I find me singing "One Day at a Time" off and on all day thinking of you. Hospice will give him a peaceful and dignified passing.

Gayle....I am waiting to hear all about today's outing. I want a Maddie!

Donna.... Can you come once a week and cook for me?

New roast is in the oven and due out in 10 minutes. I am going to sit in front of the oven ......anyone I missed hugs k3

Last edited by Karen3; 08-07-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #80  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Another beautiful day! Dh went fishing very early this am so I'm on my own and this is my weekly cleaning day meaning I quickly clean every room. Before I even had gotten into the kitchen for breakfast I had cleaned both baths, stripped the bed and brought out the laundry and got the trash and garbage together, but much yet to do. Having breakfast now finally. Not sure I'll get to much decluttering today but I did quite a lot yesterday...I tackled the pantry and some kitchen cupboards, not cleaning but throwing out old staples and rearranging everything. Still haven't gotten to my office, dreading it cause it's the worst.

Last night I was going to fix ribs but have quite a lot and our son couldn't join us so dh went out for Subway. It was good! I always get the same sub...turkey and ham with almost all the veggies.

Breakfast was a light version what I think they call a chunky cow milk, 1/3 sm banana, 1/2 t. pb and chocolate liquid stevia blended with a few ice cubes. It was ok, but I still miss my mocha frappe. My inner child does not give in easily...

Karen3 - Yes I feel very fortunate to have two kids not far from me, now after years having no one, esp our son who is right in our city. How soon the other one can get here depends on the traffic...20 min - over an hour sometimes, can be even longer at times.
Glad you didn't burn the house down with the roast at least. My short-term memory is getting pretty bad. This morning when I went to tell you what we had for dinner last night, for a while I couldn't remember.

Lucinda - So proud of your progress overcoming the alcohol demon. So many people seem to struggle with it and it is not easy to overcome. As addictive and sorta OCD I am in some ways, I'm glad I never grew up around alcohol or cigarettes, as I'm think they both would have been a struggle for me if I had.

Cherry - Glad you got a hairbut you like. Look forward to seeing your picture!
Good deal on your ins. I used to have something similar with TriCare. The problem now is only with people on Medicare and a supplement or gap ins. I have wondered how that WW scale would be. Right now I have a cheap little scale $19 and it works fine. All it does is weigh me, nothing fancy and may not last long at that price but is good for now.

Karen31 - Glad they have found a place for Tim that is not so far away. It will still be tiring for you because it is not only the hour journey but the emotional stress, but at least you'll know he's comfortable and cared for and within reasonably easy reach. So glad he's not in pain.

Cajun - BS still high at times but I think my evening eating is still the main culprit. If I eat right it is mostly good now. I wish you didn't have to get up so early...makes my head ache to think of getting up that early. I did that for quite a while and hated it even then. Later I switched to swing ..much better for me...and later day shift but late office hours...I'd get there at 10 am and work until 6. That was perfect for me.

Well, need to get busy so talk later..

Last edited by maryea; 08-07-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #81  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello All!

Just wondering if anyone can join. I have been a member of 3fc for many years and been through several threads/groups that have broken up and have been looking for one to join for a while now, just hadn't realized I hadn't checked in since December of last year, YIKES!

I have been quite the lazy person although I have stuck with my walking. I am getting back on track and came to the one place that has helped me in the past!

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies, if I can join that is, lol
Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #82  

Hi Christina....just pull up a chair and pour a cuupa and join in. We are always stirring something up. Tell us about yourself. We are all Goldens and glory in our cronehood. We listen well and someone always has an answer because we've been there or done that. First is Land of Oz Kansas? Seeing Judy flying away in her red slippers. K3
Old 08-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #83  

Default Happy Friday!

It's a beautiful day here today and I'm hoping to get a short walk in at lunchtime. Got on the scale and I dropped a bit of weight (or that darn scale is lying to me). I have discovered RealFoods Corn Thins - gluten free at 44 calories per two thins, and I spread them with Laughing Cow Light cheese spread. A satisfying snack for less than 100 calories. That's what I had for my snack yesterday and today.

Hubby thought I made a weird breakfast for myself, but I can't figure out what he thought was weird. A veggie sausage patty, an egg, and leftover grilled fingerling potatoes that I warmed in the same large skillet that I cooked the egg and sausage in. When I got to work, someone had brought in their excess zucchini, so I gladly took two of those, which I will grill tonight alongside our peppers and eggplants that are coming out of our garden in droves. We never did get any summer squash planted, so they were welcome. I brought in tomatoes and cucumbers to share.

Blessings to all of you who have troubles at this time. Both my Dad and my Stepmother have had health issues this year, but both are recovering or at least getting as well as they can be at 83 (my Dad) and 73 (my Stepmother). She had breast cancer surgery followed by radiation and is now on the medication and watchful waiting. He had serious prostate issues that affected his life in a very negative way, but he was able to come with us to Baltimore for the baby's Christening on Sunday, which is much more than he could do a year ago (he had to miss my son's wedding in Cleveland, which broke all our hearts). He did get to see the newlyweds on Sunday, though. The only ones from the family missing were my daughter and her family from Seattle, and they were very much missed.

Have a wonderful weekend, all!
Old 08-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #84  

OKAY Goldens we have to what we do best RIGHT now. We have to put a chain wall of prayers/blessings for Karen31 and Tim. She needs our strength right now. k3
Old 08-08-2014, 02:23 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Tim called just a bit ago. It is so hard for him to talk. He said he has hoped I would be coming up today. I told him I was planning on tomorrow. He said he had a palliative nurse assigned to him now. So I called her.
I just talked to the palliative nurse for Tim. I called her. She said the Drs. were in with him now and she would call me back after she talked to them. I told her I wanted to come up tomorrow unless she thought I needed to come up today. She will let me know.

Thanks for all the prayers!
Old 08-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #86  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

A group prayer for Tim and Karen.
Quote:
Heavenly Father...
Thank you for the comfort we find in Your presence. Through the Holy Spirit we know Your presence is with us. Send us Your peace Lord; the peace that passes all understanding. Don’t let us waiver and doubt. Give us a faith that is everlasting. We release our lives into Your hands. As we wait and watch, we know Lord that none of us will escape this journey through death. Teach us how to embrace it with faith. Give us strength to hold up those who are stepping closer to seeing You face to face. Take away the fear in the heart of our loved one who will soon see You; let them find peace in Your grace, comfort in Your love, and strength in Your mighty power over death. Comfort us as our grief seems to over power us.
In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:48 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi all. I'm packing. Getting ready to leave at 4 for our weekend. I'll be back on board Sunday afternoon or Monday. I'll do personal then.
K3 thanks.
Karen31 just want you to know I'm thinking about y'all and saying prayers for you both. I would love to give you a great big tight hug right now. I know I can't but I know someone who can: Lord please put your arms around karen31 and help carry her through as she needs your help right now. Lord please hold Tims hand and help him walk in his journey as painless as possible. Thank you.

Hugs
Cajun.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:48 PM   #88  
Jacksonville, FL

Bobbi, you speak for me as well....praying for Karen and Tim....
Old 08-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #89  

Height: 5'3"

Dh went fishing again. He caught two steelheads yesterday but had to throw them back as they were wild. I thought I'd never get all my housework done yesterday but I finally did and even fixed the ribs I'd been promising my son. I served it with grilled "baked" potatoes and zucchini. We are SO sick of zucchini so couldn't eat it all but did eat some of it. I ate more potato than I should have ...usually dh and I share one but I ate almost a whole one. Our son did get here to enjoy it too.

Karen3 - I agree with the praying. I am praying for her throughout the day and when dh and I pray together. They need God's peace, comfort and strength.

Karen31 - I have not met you in person, but I care greatly for you and am praying for you and Tim. I've already told you, but I think it is good to be reminded that people are praying for you. I also am praying that you two have some private time (if not already) to share your feelings, love and say the things you may still need to say with one another. I also continue to pray for healing however God chooses to do it, it's in His hand. May God give you strength Karen for what you are and will have to go through, and also for your boys and other family.

Cherry - I'll have to check out the corn things. Do they taste kind of like corn chips? I don't think your breakfast is wierd at all. I haven't tried veggie sausage but I love potatoes for breakfast...actually I love potatoes about anytime! Wish I could give you some of our zucchini. We have given most of it away and still have too much. I think it's almost done now though. Also green beans. I'm sick of both and I usually really like them! Sorry to hear of all the health problems in your family. Glad you got to see most of them.

Christina - Of course you can join us! Glad to have you! Welcome!!

Last edited by maryea; 08-08-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

That was a beautiful prayer, Bobbi. Karen, I pray that the time you have with Tim is fulfilling and that God's peace carries you both through this difficult time.
Closed Thread