Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I have came back home while he is up there in the hospital. Right now he needs the rest (and so do I) And they are just giving him IV antibiotics for now. If they can they will do the ERCP on Monday and see what they find. I'll be going back up (my brother will go with me" when they do the ERCP and bring either me or us back home. And either my brother or sister will go with me to bring him home if he isn't able to be released Monday. They did a CT scan and chest Xrays last night and they did find an obstruction but can't be sure what it is until they get the infection cleared up and then do the ERCP. So the best thing right now is for him to rest. We are only about 2 hours away so if need be we can get there. Thanks for all the good thoughts.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Karen...Be sure to take care of yourself so you have the strength to help Tim. Many many hugs and prayers. k3
Old 08-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #33  

Okay ladies....I don't know if any of you are Outlander fans. But 2 weeks ago Starz announced they were releasing 2 series based on the books. And today they released a free first episode of the show. Omg I can't wait to see the rest. It is fabulous. You can find it on YouTube....outlander free first episode. Enjoy! It starts 8/6.

Clare is beautiful and Jamie is so young.....hmmmmm and I still hate Frank. Now if your not into the books sorry but I have my moments of sheer madness. The 2nd series will be next year.

Last edited by Karen3; 08-02-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:52 PM   #34  

Height: 5'3"

Just got home a short while ago after a shopping trip for the sheets and I also picked up a couple underbed storage containers... Sat down to rest and started watching Highlander Karen3. I'm already hooked and nothing much as really happened. Wish I could take the day off and watch it, but I've got lost to finish today. Hope to get back to it later tonight.

Last night we watched the movie I won, it's called Ragamuffin and is a faith based movie about Rich Mullins. I didn't know anything about him before this but have since read some online. He died in 1997. The acting wasn't very good, and to me it was very slow in the beginning, in fact til about 1/2 way through and the music wasn't much until toward the end..strange but even the acting seemed better toward the end. I enjoyed it because I could see where he was coming from and could relate. Great yet simple truths in it, that are often not understood by both believers and nonbelievers and I was glad I was patient and watched it all.

Well break time is over...back to work.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #35  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

What a nice day today. It wasn't as hot today and not humid ~ a little overcast, a little bit of a breeze. You could actually enjoy being outside.

We worked on putting together a glider we had bought. We had an old swing, but it was about 25 years old and getting kind of rickety, so we treated ourselves to the glider.

Then DS Jason stopped by. Hardly ever get to see him because of his long work hours and schedule. I enjoyed that so much. Wish it happened more often.

I got to talk to my mom on the phone. She was really sharp today. She has memory problems, but she has never lost her sense of humor. I paused in our conversation to think of something and she said “you're breathing”. I said ~ well that's a good thing I guess. We had a good long laugh over that one. If laughter is the best medicine ~ I got a good big dose today.

Running out of steam ~ personals will have to wait ~ forgive me.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #36  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

My Chatty- never catty Golden girls ,
Thanks for sharing and thanks for caring
We show love and support and every sort
of Emotion to each other, sister and mother..

I have let too many days pass without catching up with you all..
Karen3..You have really stepped up to the plate and got this thread up and active. Outlanders? I think I've seen my daughters' friends with copies of the series..it is popular among the teen agers , yes? ( Not an insult these private school kids are smart as whips and precocious)
Gayle..I have had a bout of sciatica after a nasty herpes infection( I got herpes from a hospital before gloving was mandatory)
Gayle what helped me was a B-12 injection to help the nerve heal..
oops I got to go ZUMBA is calling I'll finish up later.. I am taking the class barefoot cause I still can not wear shoes.. BLISTER!
Old 08-03-2014, 10:49 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Gayle, Have a Great Birthday today and have some fun!
Old 08-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #38  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISSY GAYLE (GLYNNE)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Birthday Cake8.jpg (28.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Happy Birthday Gayle!
Old 08-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #40  

Height: 5'3"

Gayle, Happy Birthday!! Sounds like it has started well with a good talk with your mom and hopefully will only get better.

I've been decluttering like mad for two days now and got another huge bag ready to give away. Two rooms have gotten much less crowded but two have gotten more so. So guess I have a lot more to go through. My office is loaded with stuff and most of it is stuff I don't want to give away and don't know what to do with. Pictures, books ..

More good new is that I lost 2# this week! I gained a total of 6.5# when I started this med..in slightly over one week. So I am now down to 169. Only 9 more to go (sigh) to be down where i was before I started gaining, first with the carb craving and then with the new med.

Need to get ready for church now...you all have a lovely Sunday!
Old 08-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #41  

Happy Birthday Gayle

For some reason I can't use the extra smilies It locks my pc down. So just hugs instead of a cake.....
Old 08-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #42  

Howdy...Took a ride out to the beach. The scalloopers are parked 6 deep. The sky has huge clouds rolling in from the East and it's 91. Do any of you remember during WWII they had a HUGE cannon called "Big Bertha"? Well the latest Big Bertha is heading up the East coast on her way to Europe. I hope. So Deelou batten down the hatches! Everyone take a dee[ breathe and blow her away. I just love mouthy GG's.

Dash is not well and at 10 and his size...I'm afraid. I had DH talked into a 2nd dog from the pound. Little Dude or Scampy. We were going in the am...wrong they are closed on Mondays. Now he's getting cold feet. He and dash are together 24/7. Makes me worry for sure. BBL k3
Old 08-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #43  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, Goldens…

About ready to call it a night…

Gayle – hope you had a very, very happy birthday!! What did you do to celebrate? Did you let yourself have a bit of cake, I hope?

And, no, we aren’t “supposed” to post and do personals every day!! If we can, we do; if we can’t, we can’t. You just do them so well and so faithfully! And it seems to help, especially with the newbies, to have words directed at each of us... makes it more of a conversation. But, we do what we can do!

Oh, I hope the gadget from Amazon will help with your sciatica. Will your insurance pay for any PT or chiro to help with that? It’s so stubborn, and everyday movements seem to aggravate it. That exercise Mary suggested might really help… you might have to research it, but it’s a yoga move, called “leg over”… it’s easy and puts a nice stretch through the outer thigh.

I had no idea your kids are adopted, Gayle! And how long have we known each other????? That is so way cool! So glad you can still have fun conversations with your mom. You’ll have good memories of her!

Rosey – glad you’re computer is fixed!! I’ll bet you felt lost without it… or did you just enjoy the “silence”? So glad your DGD is doing so well… kids are so resilient! I wish your Mr. CrankyPants was a bit more so!

Cherry – your grilled swordfish sounded really good, and I don’t even like fish! I’m sure your pound was water… sodium is so sneaky, and it really absorbs, doesn’t it?

Mary – I’m still fighting (digging in my heels) to NOT go back to work. If anything, I’m willing to help out occasionally (very occasionally) just for a couple of hours. I am not interested in doing anything on a set schedule, though. I just don’t have time for such nonsense, dontcha know?

Deelou – I’m not sure I get the concept of “gotcha” day… is that the day you adopted your daughter, as in the day you “got” her? Sounds like you have a very busy month ahead… and I love the idea of a “gotcha” day, if that’s the reason behind it! How neat to make it special for her, so she knows she was wanted and is so loved. Thanks for talking about the adoption. I’m filled with admiration!

CarolSue – I’m with you about dress shoes. Heels have been out for years, because the balls of my feet would just scream in pain; then I had the hip problems and couldn’t take the pressure of any kind of heel increment… and now, I’m retired and just don’t have to care anymore! And I do not!

Cajun – was your weekend ruined because of the rain?

Tam – good luck with Leslie! Using a DVD on your tv sounds WAY TOO COMPLICATED and so not worth it!

KarenFL – how long would it take to make up a list of “loanable” books on your Kindle? I think it would take me a long, long time to do the same… I have three books going right now, two series on Netflix, and about 100 hours of DVR taped. I don’t have time for all this! And, I have 3 crochet projects going. Do you realize I haven’t had time for a nap in over a WEEK?????????? This is NOT acceptable!

“Outlander” lust is not sheer madness… I loved, loved, loved the free episode! And I like Frank… what is it that you dislike about him so much?

Keep us posted on Dash… oh, that’s rough.

Bobbi – are you getting the dressing changed on Monday? I hope you finally start to heal in leaps and bounds (the healing, not you!)…

CK – good thoughts for you and Tim. I’m so sorry you both have to go through this!

Lucinda – nice poem! Thanks.

There’s nothing much to report. I had a nice weekend, went to a family BBQ last night (the ex-family… No one ever leaves. We have in-laws and out-laws), and I had lunch with another ex-SIL today. I always put at least ˝ to 2/3 of the food into a take home container before I even start eating, so I’m not gaining any weight. I also have meals for another day! If I don’t do that, I’ll shovel it all into my face without even thinking about it.

Everything is good here. I hope tomorrow is a good one for everybody! Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 08-03-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:08 AM   #44  
Jacksonville, FL

Donna, yes gotcha day is adoption day, some don't like the concept of gotcha, but for us it has been a special day for 13 years now this next Sunday.....
Old 08-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Karen 31, thoughts and prayers for you and Tim. You have been through so much.

Gayle, I have never had sciatica but it sounds painful and debilitating. I have a tendency toward tendonitis from repetitive motion. This time it's in my hands from the way I hold a paperback book when reading. As soon as I pick up a book the pains start shooting. I guess I will have to read from my e-reader for a while...but I have so many paperbacks I received from a friend. I hope the gadget from Amazon or the exercise Mary suggested help you.

Donna, I still sometimes wish I was still working. It's been 4 years since I left and for the first couple years I had dreams that I was still working. After 47 years of working, not working was so foreign to me. The thing is, I wanted to work when I felt like it and stay home when I felt like it. It doesn't work that way. LOL

Mary
, I'm glad to hear your weight is starting to go back down and your blood sugar is improving. Good job on the decluttering. I need to do that too.....I keep saying that!

Karen3
, my son and his family are vacationing at Virginia Beach and all they have had so far is storms. I hope they get a little sunshine while they're there but it doesn't look good.

Lucinda, Hope your blisters heal soon! I hate to be barefoot. When I have toe problems I wear flip flops until they heal. I guess you can't do Zumba in flip flops.
Closed Thread