Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #181  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Carol Sue, you don't need to fill all jar spaces in your yogurt maker. And you can make the whole batch and use some of the jars for veggie dips, add to soups, use for a fruit salad base, all kinds of options. My yogurts keep for a long time and I'm the only one that eats it at my house. Bruce eats it too but doesn't know he's eating it when I sneak it into recipes. You can even add a jar to your fruit smoothies at lunch time. Use your imagination and you'll find lots of ways to use it up.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #182  

Height: 5'3"

Good Sunday everyone! After church we went to Costco for couple items and lunch.I did ok on my eating plan yesterday and my weight shows it. My bs not so much.

breakfast
cereal with 1/3 cup milk - carb and protein
1 oz cheese - fat

lunch
1/2 lg slice pizza, combo - protein, carb and fat

dinner will be:
Sesame chicken and veggies
rice
Didn't get this made last night so will have it tonight.

Wannabe - The haystacks sound good...I love chocolate and pb! I have to only make a few so I don't start binging on them though. Freezing doesn't even work for me...ETA: Just looked up the recipe..only 9 gm carb and 3 gm fiber per cookie! Not bad...I'll try them sometime when I really need a sweet treat! thanks!

Lucinda - I can do that more now but not always enough to keep me from eating something I shouldn't. However I do not have the physical issues with food. I'm sure it would be easier if I did!

Last edited by maryea; 04-27-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:21 PM   #183  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

It has been a pretty nice weekend. A group of coworkers (from the unit I worked on) got together for a house warming for one of the ladies. It is kind of nice to get together like that. Our unit shut down. Some of the ladies still work at the hospital, but are all spread around to different units now, so these little gatherings give us a nice chance to see each other again.

It was interesting. The lady is Phillipino (don't know if I spelled that right or not) and when they have a party, they always have a roasted pig. The whole pig. I had seen pictures from some of their gatherings, but had never been at one.

After that party, I got to visit my son. I don't get to see him very often, so that was a treat. We had a nice visit.

Mary ~ Daisy sounds so sweet ~ glad you are enjoying her.

Bobbi ~ hope your head is feeling better. Hope your computer is behaving.

Lynn ~ how are those 20 rule things going. Hope that is helping. Glad you had a nice visit with your daughter and her husband.

Deelou ~ hope that the simple start weight watchers works out well for you.

Liana ~ sorry you had such a long wait at the lab with your mom.

Lucinda ~ glad your husband is feeling better. Your family gathering sounds nice ~ enjoy

Carol Sue ~ hope the weather is starting to get a little warmer for you. Glad that your husband is doing better.

Karen MO ~ way to go on the two pound weight loss. Prayers continue for you guys.

Cajun ~ I imagine you have had a fun weekend. You always seem to have fun things to tell about.

Rosey ~ glad you and your fur babies got to enjoy some time in the sun, and also that you got to enjoy your lady cave.

Donna ~ how are you doing? June is getting closer ~ so glad for you that an end is sight for your hip pain ~ and so happy for you that retirement is coming up soon too.

Karen FL ~ hope your knees are coming along and that the PT is helping and not kicking your butt.

Hope it has been a nice weekend for you all.

Last edited by glynne; 04-27-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:39 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Glynne: Roast Pig = Lechon! Waaaay yummy and I'm not even a huge pork fan, lol. Sounds like an awesome get-together. I have Filipina friends and my husband & I did our 20th anniversary on a self guided 3 week hiking & caving tour of Northern Philippines. That was 12 years ago & we haven't been able to get back for a visit since, but it's on our list...

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 04-28-2014 at 12:40 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #185  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Went to Zumba class on Sunday morning. Had fun and today I do not ache, which is a NSV,(non-scale victory). I also sweated. I have not allowed myself to work up to a sweat in years b/c I was afraid of passing out due to blood sugar instability. But since getting my diet/my sugar addiction/ my binge eating under control I no longer fear heart palpitations and passing out.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Mary, I have a recipe that makes only 9 at a time, which works for me.

1/4 C chocolate morsels
1/4 c peanut butter
1 Cup of Fiber One Original cereal

Mix and divide into 9 portions on parchment or wax paper on a small baking tray. Freeze 30 min until firm. Store refrigerated.

It's a nice treat for us chocolate lovers and adds some good fiber to our diet.

Our weather is getting warmer but there's going to be rain showers off and on all week. I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch reading my book, but neither of our porches are covered, so it can't be done in the rain.

Gayle, our local fire hall has a pig roast once in a while. I've never gone, but I'd sure like to try it. I think I would like it. I like most everything.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 04-28-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:54 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

I hope I can join this thread. My name is Donna. I'm a 56 year old mom with two 15 year old girls, one my natural daughter and the other I adopted last year after her mother passed away. I've always been over weight. I had a gastric bypass about 20 years ago which was a good thing. I lost from 330 lbs to 160 lbs. Well the thing with a gastric bypass is your stomach is a stretchable muscle and if you don't eat right and exercise, you begin gaining weight after a time. So last year I found myself at 250 lbs, getting older, beginning to see some health problems and decided that I needed to do some changing. I've lost 53.4 pounds since March 2013, but I want to continue and would love to get back to 160 lbs or even to 146 lbs which would put me out of the obese range. I've started watching what I eat, being aware of calories and started walking and looking at doing some at home cardio to increase the calorie burn. I been on this site off and on through the years and love all the ladies and gentlemen on here and all the support that is available. Hope to get to know you ladies better. Everyone have a great day. It's raining here in Memphis, TN today, but I hope to get a walk in before the end of the day. I lost 0.8 lbs this past week. Take care and talk to everyone later.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:51 PM   #188  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Carol Sue ~ about that recipe ~ do you melt the chocolate and peanut butter first before mixing in the Fiber one?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:02 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Lucinda: GOOD GOIN'!! I'm proud of you; once you are building more muscle with the workouts, that will help with blood sugars as well as improving moods. I find I have a much more positive outlook on life when I'm sweating regularly .

Hi everybody!....

And a big to exquisitern! It was sunny and warm in my neck of the woods (south central BC Canada (westernmost province)). Wandering around in Tshirts & tights today. It was 17C today (around 64F).

Liana
Old 04-29-2014, 07:28 AM   #190  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the shout outs of support!
I am now juicing for my family in the morning and we all seem to be enjoying the flavor of carrots, apples, cucumber for breakfast.
I have already roasted canned beans, celery, ginger, broccoli, onion and a turnip in the oven and I have divided it into 3 containers to be added to salads over the next few days.
I eat a salad loaded with fresh veggies and the serving of roasted beans with the veggies is my dressing. I have lost weight and gained control by eating like this.
I am now under my goal weight!

Last edited by lucindaarrowspark; 04-29-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:03 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Carol Sue ~ about that recipe ~ do you melt the chocolate and peanut butter first before mixing in the Fiber one?
I forgot to say that! Yes, I just melt them together quickly in a sauce pan then pour in the Fiber One into the pan and mix until it's all covered. I think the recipe with directions is on the side of the Fiber One box, but it's for a larger quantity.

The original Haystack recipe was made with chow mein noodles, but the Fiber One cereal is healthier.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 04-29-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:14 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Good morning ladies. I posted yesterday and did personals. I had to stop for a minute and it went poof. Gone. That's very aggravating.
Last night and today are not good days for me. Don't feel good at all. I'm going to be 53 on the 10th of May. I thought I would be over this monthly stuff by now.
My heart goes out to those that are getting the tornadoes in arkansas, miss, Alabama and tenn. Saying prayers for those people.
My weekend was not so good diet wise. I feel like a big fast bloated pig. If you stuck me with a knife I would explode. I'm doing better this week. I very rarely get up at night to go to the bathroom. I got up twice last night. I knew I had a lot of fluid.
We finished ds's shed for his lawn mower this weekend and he invited us to supper Sunday afternoon. It was very good.
We have to finish another set of steps for other ds before the weekend and our chores for our sons are done. Yay!!
We are planning to go to the summer camp and spend the weekend. We haven't been since September. We have a pipe busted in the bathroom that we will fix and cut grass and spray. May even do a little fishing out on the lake. We haven't camped since the last week of February at the winter/ hunting camp. So it's time. I've been home on weekends long enough. Lol.

I'm going to send this before it disappears. I'll try to get to personals later.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 04-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Lucinda~ awesome. I need your will power!!! Congrats.

Liana~ it's getting warm over here too. Going to be a long hot summer.

Donna ex~ welcome! Hope you are safe in tenn.

Gayle glad you got to visit with your son. When the children move out the visits become more special. Yes you are right our weekends are always busy. There is nothing more I hate than being coupes up in the house on the weekend with nothing to do. I hate tv.

Mary it sounds like your 1-1-1 is going ok. I'm trying to stay on plan. I do well during the week but weekends are terrible. I've done it before I know I can do it again.

Bobbi how's your plan going?

Rosey I can picture you sitting in the sun on your deck.

Out of time. K31 still sending prayers for you and Tim. K3 miss you. You always seemed to make a difference on my plan. Hope your knees are healing.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 04-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #194  

Height: 5'3"

Its another beautiful day in the NW...it is a little breezy but the sun is shining and no rain. I slept in way late...my legs stll ache and I think that keeps me feeling tired. One of my granddaughters called this morning. It was good to talk to her. She's finishing up her freshman year at college.

Cajun - When I get off a diet it is usually extremely hard for me to get back to it, so I understand. This 1-1-1 plan is easier for me though. I like the balance..it is just my tendency to overeat that I have to adjust. I don't do it perectly yet though. I had an evening snack last night but it was salad and a handful of nuts. Sundays are usually when I get off track because I don't cook in the evenings and seem to think I can just snack all evening. Be thankful your kidneys are working well, Cajun! It's one way to get rid of the sodium and also remeber as long as we keep trying we are doing something for our health at least.

Wannabe - I got the recipe from the Fiberone website but it's for more and yes nine would be much better for me. So thank you for making it easier!! I have your recipe in my computer cookbook now.

Lucinda - GFY getting the fam to drink the healthy juice! I love salads with beans. Or sometimes I add a little chicken or tuna. I'm glad I love veggies because they really help keep me on plan. Of course sometimes I get off but when I'm on it's mainly because of veggies. They are the key I do believe. My problem has always been inconsistency with my eating habits. I do hope I can stay OP now due to wanting my bs under control. Under your weight goal...congrats!!! Thats amazing!! I know you must feel so much better. I really want that feeling again.

exquisiternDonna - Welcome! Of course you can join us...glad to have you! Just jump right in...I look forward to getting to know you better! We now have two Donnas (at least?).

Glynne/Cana - My dh is Filipino (they also use Pilipino) and yes, they love their roasted pig. Hawaiians do too but they do it differently. I like the taste but other than bacon and the occasional (like every year or two) honey baked ham or BBQ ribs which I can't seem to drop completely...I normally don't eat pork either. LOL I like to say, I don't eat pork but I eat bacon. We make adobo with only chicken and when we make pinacbet we use Tilapia instead of pork. Cana, much has changed in the Philippines in recent years...much cleaner and better in many ways like better toilets, yet many problems still. We get the Filipino TV channels and also try to get back there at least every ten years or so. Used to be only my dh going back but now we both go and even took our son and his gf the last time (2009).After ten years you see a lot of changes. Dh still has lots of family there. Hope you enjoyed your cave trip. We had a bad experience in a cave there once, not sure I'd go in a cave outside in US now but I do love traveling and we do plan to return to PI before long. I can tell dh is getting antsy to go again.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:23 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Good Afternoon everyone! Thanks everyone for the welcome.
I knew this would be a good group.
Congratulations Lucinda!
Carol Sue: The recipe with the Fiber one and chocolate and peanut butter sounds awesome! I'd have to share immediately after making, otherwise I would want to gobble it all down.
Well, I did get an hour walk last night and even slow jogged part of the way. Walked twice today. I wish it was a little warmer, but when I walk I warm up.
I have a very simple diet that I do. I eat fruit 2-3 servings during the day while I'm at work and then when I get home I eat a reasonable portion of whatever I'm cooking or serving the girls for dinner that night. I work 8-4:30 during the day, so I'm usually pretty hungry when I get home, so I will eat some baked tostitos and salsa or some yogurt with fresh blueberries thrown in until I get dinner ready. I live in a two story house so I try not to take anything with me upstairs to bed except a diet coke, which has helped alot because I love to snack on stuff. So far it has worked, so I'm going with it.

I hope everyone is doing well and safe. At least we were bypassed by the tornado's in my town, though it's terrible about Arkansas and Mississippi.
Closed Thread