Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #91  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Rosey - I'm having a hard time typing, because MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #92  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

G 'Morning...Rosey...I'm crossing my fingers and my legs! August 30th will be here before you know it. Will you be able to cook and get around after the surgery? Otherwise you could make up some soups and stews and freeze for future use.

Donna...Good job, well done. I hope you're paying yourself out of the estate. MIL's lawyer told Bruce 8 years ago that anytime he/we spend time managing her estate, we should pay ourselves $10.00 per hour. Maybe it's more now? I've been balancing her checkbook for years and Bruce pays all her bills out of her account. I'm surprised she's still with us. She turned 93 end of July. She's too cantankerous to die.

PHP Code:
It's just been three months since she died, so I think I did a pretty darn good job of it all! 

On that ugly note, think I'll go get ready for the day.

KarenMo...I checked out the facebook hot rod site, where do you post a car for sale? All I saw was people showing off their cars.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Rosey....My eyes are crossed for you....oh no they are stuck! k3
Old 08-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bobbi just post some pictures and that you have it for sale. That is what a lot of them do. People travel a lot of miles to buy what they want. Just a thought , next year the Hot Rod Power tour starts in S. Carolina and ends up at the Dells in Wisconsin. Lots of miles traveled in 7 days
Old 08-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone again Lynn congrats on the loss and hope you heal fast from the eye surg. Just popped in to share that i have atenative surg date of Aug 30th,just waiting for final approval. keep your fingers crossed for me. rosey
Hi Rosey,

Lynn
Old 08-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #96  

Height: 5'3"

Just stopped in for a quick "hello" as much to do and off to a late start. Went to gym but not just else done so far. Hoping your surgery goes as planned, Rosey.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #97  
Sassy

S/C/G: 220/188/150

Height: 5'2"

Will have the results of Monday's tests tomorrow, when I see the oncologist. I really feel that everything will be good and I can get on with my life. I know I won't relax about it all too much for another few years, but, assuming everything looks good now, I probably won't dwell on it between rechecks and will get a little nervous again each time I go back to have another look-see.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #98  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

It was overcast here today ~ and this afternoon poured down rain. Good for the dry grass and now we don’t have to run the sprinklers.

Did some little puttery fix things here today. I like getting to take care of those little things that have been bugging me, but I haven’t had time to get around to. So, as you can tell, no job yet. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings if DH could figure out some way that we could work it so I didn’t have to go back to work at all. There is no lack of stuff around here to keep me busy for quite some time.

The search goes on then, for some kind of affordable health insurance.

I did come across a job that sounded like it might be something I would like and could do. It is for a receptionist at a Veterinary Clinic. I revised my cover letter, then called and asked if it would be ok to drop it and the resume off. They said ok. So, I did that this afternoon and filled out the job application. If it is meant to be……..

Been trying to follow the way of eating in that Eat to Live book that my BIL recommended. Some of the time it has gone ok, sometimes, I struggle with it. I find that when my stomach is upset, I don’t have the patience to eat any more stuff that is gonna fill me up with gas. And I have been having headaches (not horrible ones, but annoying ones), but bothersome enough that I also don’t have the patience for fixing the right kinds of things. I think they are probably from withdrawal from sugary stuff. But, even if I am doing like it says more of the time, that is better than not at all.

Rosey ~ glad you had a nice time at your family gathering. So excited for you with the impending surgery ~ keeping everything crossed

Lynn ~ congratulations on the weight loss ~ you’re doing great. How is your eye doing? Glad you are getting to spend some time with your niece.

Donna ~ how did things go with the house yesterday? You’re almost there. You have done a fantastic job.

K31 ~ glad Ginger is doing better.

Bobbi ~ do you have much more fixing up to do to your house, or is it getting almost done?

Sassy ~ glad the unpacking is coming along and that you are loving your new place. Good thoughts and prayers for good results from your tests.

K3 ~ your apple cobbler description had my mouth watering.

Mary ~ glad Joe’s bone density was good and that he will be able to ride his bike. Sorry for your sugar troubles and the constant struggles to stay on track.

Cajun ~ did you get recuperated from your busy weekend?

Hello Rytre and Netters

Hope you all rest well tonight

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 08-14-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #99  

Dh has had to return the bike. There is something in the bike that continually punctures one of the tires as simply replacing the tire does not work. Interestingly just before he discovered this flaw, a friend gave him two bikes! They are not as light or fast as the one he bought, but they fit him (he is short and most don't even with adjusting seats) and will work until he finds something he likes better again, plus we will now have one for our grandson to ride when he is here. So once again, God has provided! And when the time is right and still needed/wanted I'm sure another will be provided. It always amazes me how these things happen. In the past we have been given a very good dishwasher, kitchen range, a washer and dryer set and a pressure washer in the past, all without us even mentioning our needs! The dishwasher and range were new (still in box from manufacturer) and the washer and dishwasher were like new and we are still using them. God has always provided far beyond our expectations.

Otherwise not much happening here.

Glynne - Hope that job opens up for you. I love puttering around my house...I'm sure it's nice to have the time now. I hope you can retire soon.

Sass -Really hoping for good results to those tests!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #100  

Hi everyone my surg has been approved im soooo happy and excited. rosey
Old 08-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

WOW!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #102  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Congrats, Rosey!! So, tell us, is this as involved as the original surgery, as in major surgery? How long in the hospital? What kind of rehab afterwards? I'm excited that you're so excited!!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #103  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Awesome news Rosey ~ so excited for you
Old 08-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #104  
Sassy

S/C/G: 220/188/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy for you, Rosey! No news yet regarding my tests. Got up at 5:30 and left the house at 7:30 for my appt. When I got there, I was told the appt. is Monday at 2:15. I didn't schedule the appt. -- they scheduled it for me. I think they must have called to change it last week -- caller ID showed a call from them, but my voice mail didn't get turned on with my move, so they couldn't leave a msg. I thought they were just calling to confirm my Monday appt. for the tests, so didn't try calling back.. Before my move, I was only about 4 miles away, but am not about 20 miles away, so it was kind of a pain, but they have mostly been very efficient, kind and helpful thru my journey, so I can get over this inconvenience. I guess I will know on Monday how everything went and will let you all know the results.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #105  

Most of you know about my beloved mocha frappe that I just cannot give up but it is too high in calories and carbs? Well tonight I figured out a way to make it for less of both! It also keeps to my nutritional requirements. I used only 2/3 scoop of the mocha mix, 1/2 cup almond milk (I've been using almond milk about 1/2 the time recently anyway), the usual tablespoon of peanut butter (unsweetened) and 1/5 scoop of protein powder (vanilla, unsweetened). I tasted it and it was not quite chocolatey enough. My usual frappe is not really chocolatey but is a little. I happened to have some samples of Ovaltine, so put in about 2 t. That gave it a bit more chocolate taste. I thought it would be sweeter then too but it wasn't. My usual mocha is only slightly sweet but this wasn't even that sweet so I added in a little Truvia. I got it a bit sweeter than I really wanted it but it was still really good! I figured the calories at 257. I'd like them lower but the regular mocha with NF milk is about 310 and made with almond milk it is 280. So at least I cut back and the carbs cut from 34 (with NF milk) and 30 (with almond milk) to only 24 gms! I could cut back a little more by reducing the pb to only 2 t too. This was the best I've tasted with less calories.

Another thing I wanted to share. I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but it might be a new idea and helpful to some of you. I don't like using liquid fabric softener and for a long time I had a stockpile of the dryer sheets. I used those up a few months ago, so I started experimenting with other ways of softening. I decided to start making my own softener again, but I don't like using liquid fabric softener in my washer not even vinegar as my washer doesn't reliably put it it when it should and I forget. I also don't like putting it on a cloth and throwing it in the dryer because I either have to keep cloths in the garage where my dryer is and keeping them clean out there can be a problem...lots of dust comes in or bring one out with me and I'd forget. SO, instead of pouring the homemade softener on a cloth, I put it in a spray bottle and I just spray the clothes in the dryer. I make sure it goes on the clothes and not on the dryer interior. I don't like a lot of softener and so far I love this method. I can spray on how much I want..more or less for any load. As the clothes tumble dry it is distributed through the load and I get a mild pleasant smell. Just thought I'd share.

Here's the recipe I'm currently using but I have used other recipes in the past.
I just used this one because I always use up my shampoo and am left with lots of conditioner! I have several bottles of different brands on hand right now. I really like it.

This comes from Hillbilly Housewife originally but I found it somewhere else.
Here's what you'll need:

* 3 cups of vinegar

* 2 cups of cheap hair conditioner (whatever smell you like)

* 6 cups of water

She recommends making up it up in a jug and either using in your washing machine or pouring on old T-shirt rags each time. But I like my method better.

Last edited by maryea; 08-15-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Closed Thread