Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #46  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Gayle - I'm so sorry! But... you might very much like the receptionist job! There will be a lot less stress and strain... good luck, good luck!

No news. Onward and upward!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #47  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I quickly scanned the post this morning, too busy to stay awhile.
Prayers for Donna/Jonathan, Gayle and a new job, KarenMo's sweet dog Ginger and her new meds.
Donna... Think on the positive side Donna, before we sold our house in the country, we put in a new sewer system that cost us $14,000 ....ouch!

Mary...congrats on the 1.5 pound loss.

Lynn...hope you're down your pound at weigh in.

:Welcome: Calavera and Sassy. (Sassy, good luck on your move. We just moved and what a lot of work that is)

Cajun...I'm thinking yummy fish frying in the pan.

I'm tackling the other end of my loft today. Removing all the roof insulation that was falling down and replacing it. I have to wear a mask, it's 67 years worth of dust and old insulation.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 08-06-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #48  
Sassy

S/C/G: 220/188/150

Height: 5'2"

I started a post yesterday, but got a call that I could go get the keys to my new home. I spent a couple of hours there, doing a little cleaning and putting away the things I had loaded in my car. I think I'm going to LOVE it! I have the car repacked, waiting for a call from the company delivering the appliances and will go spend a little more time. I have lots of packed boxes and furniture awaiting the moving van tomorrow. I really think this is going to be a positive life change.

I have been so thinking about you, Donna. There is nothing worse than worry about your child's health.

Gayle, I really thought everything would work out with the job -- seems like that type of thing normally does, but, hopefully, you will end up with a position you like even better and things could still turn around for that one. I know it is stressful and hope it doesn't cause too much of a turmoil in your life.

Thanks to all for making me feel welcome here and good luck in all your journeys -- weight loss and life in general.

Sassy
Old 08-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

My class ended yesterday, so today and tomorrow I am grading papers.

Hugs & prayers for all.

Lynn PS - I lost .4 lb today. I'll take it. Started at 151 two months ago & down to 144 today. 7 pounds in 8 weeks. My goal was 1 pound/month so I am close.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #50  

Height: 5'3"

I am so lazy these days, I really need to get myself to do something. Since coming home from the gym and shopping, I've been online....let's see, almost three hours!! Seems like that time just flew by!! But of course, I had to stop in here.

I did not get my hair cut...so still thinking about that. Crazy how I cannot decide on something so silly. But today it didn't look too bad. Another thing about my hair...I think it is thinning! I've always had so much hair and still do but I feel like I have been seeing more and more of my scalp for quite a while now. Finally mentioned it yesterday to dh and he agreed. My scalp looks so pink next to my white hair and I wasn't sure whether it was just that or not esp as I didn't want to face it but I think it's true..I'm losing hair. There was a time in my life when my hair was falling out a lot..but I actually don't notice that anymore. Still I think it is thinning. I wonder whether that OTC stuff men buy would work...it didn't for my dh but maybe his was too far gone? If there is anything I can do, I think I'd better act fast. Also will longer hair cause more loss because of the weight? I am not very vain, but I have to admit I really do not want to go bald on top. It's the front and back top areas, the rest is fine.

Sassy - How exciting moving into a new home! I'm one of the rare breeds that actually always enjoyed moving. We moved 21 times but have been in our current home for 36 years. I enjoyed all our moves (except for seeing my poor dh doing so much of the lifting...we always did it ourselves), but now I'm so settled and guess I don't care as much for change in my old age. Still I dream of a newer, better house sometimes. I think it is the adventure I always loved...a new house, new neighborhood, new people etc.

Glynne - I'm so sorry about your job. I agree with Karen though, a receptionist position doesn't sound bad. Praying for Gods best.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....Phew! I had a yearly derm appt today and had developed at hot nasty looking spot on my chest 2 weeks ago. I was sure it was basil cell until the top fell off and it immediately started to clear. Checked out and it was an old fashion boil. She took off a mole and froze a dozen spots. Yes, I remember laying out for hours to get the perfect tan.

Gee, watched Food network show last night where a guy made bourbon/bacon ice cream chilling with nitroxide. Every time she squirted me I keep waiting for the bacon/bourbon smell......not.

Gayle....so sorry about the job. Hope you get the receptionist job that sounds heck of a lot less stressful.

Karen.....How old is Ginger? How is she? Dash is saying doggy prayers.

Mary....How are DH's eyes?

Cajun....hmmmm do you mean you now have enough self control I can retire?

Bobbi....Did a double take at your pictures ! I have the exact same server cabinet in the living room with a large framed picture that has dark green mat.

Donna...House/plumbing done? What happened with GM's helper?

Lynn....congrats on the loss. Boy girl you sure got out of Fl because the heat and humidity are bad this week.

Sassy....I'd send you a loaf of bread and salt shaker for a house warming/good luck but can't find a send on my cp!

Made DH that meatloaf again where you add a package of ranch dressing(dry) 1/2 cup of ketcup and then the usual stuff. OMG it was fabulous and I could eat it. I usually gag on meatloaf. I know TMI but my mother was NOT a good cook. I shiver now think about trying to swallow her meatloaf. blahhhhhhh....and I make excellent ones....

Got my new glasses and even thro it's been years since I had bifocals I walked out with them with no problem. Except when I look in the mirror and see the spitting image of my father. Spooks me and Dh, too. k3
Old 08-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! Gosh I've been busy the past few days. My brother took his two sons and they went to St. Kitts in the Caribbean for 10 days and I told him I would clean his house for him while they were gone for $150. Well, after working over there for the past 3 days and putting in 12 hours so far......I way undercharged him!!! I told him that once I got it clean I would come every two weeks for $50---going to have to do some rethinking on the charges!! I can't believe 3 adult men can't at least pick up after them selves!! I probably have at least another 4 or 5 hours to work over there and I pick them up at the airport on Thursday afternoon.

Gayle, I hope that job comes through for you if you want it. If not there will be something I'm sure. Just keep your head up and know we are sending good thoughts

Karen, Ginger will be 11 in January. At least that as near as we can figure it, she was an owner surrender at an animal shelter, so we just had to go by their dates, but pretty sure we are pretty close. The hydrocodone and Theophylline seem to be helping, but not a cure. I have started weaning her off the Temaril-P, which is the prednisone. The water pills she was taking did absolutely nothing for her except make her pee!!! We are going to have to see what happens when she is totally off the prednisone. I really try not to think about her future too much and the decisions we might have to face. It just makes me sad.

Donna how are things going with you and the house? What about the new person at the job? Sending good thoughts your way

Sassy-- we moved here a little over a year ago and we are still getting "settled" Best of luck to you and I know you are going to love your new place.

Well, kind of tired so think I'm going to kick back and gork and watch TV!

Everyone have a good evening and I'll catch up later
Old 08-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Still breathing

Still breathing here in TN.

In the middle of a nightmare. I pop in from time to time to check messages. But life has once again thrown me a curve ball. We are dealing, but it is taking all the strength I have.

Weight is dropping because I simply cannot eat. This is not a good way to lose it.

Pray for wisdom for us. And understanding for my son.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #54  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

So sorry Donna/Change for what you and your son are having to go through ~ thoughts, prayers and for you and your family.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #55  
Donna

Gayle - what is going on with you??? Any news?

Donna2 - good thoughts!

Nothing much to report. The new potential hire is interviewing today. I am NOT recommending anything, since that blew up in my face the last time! I do, however, have high hopes!

Everyone, be well! Later, lovelies....
Old 08-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change4Life View Post
Still breathing here in TN.

In the middle of a nightmare. I pop in from time to time to check messages. But life has once again thrown me a curve ball. We are dealing, but it is taking all the strength I have.

Weight is dropping because I simply cannot eat. This is not a good way to lose it.

Pray for wisdom for us. And understanding for my son.
Hi Donna,

Sending you & your family some group hugs.

Lynn
Old 08-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #57  

Height: 5'3"

We didn't go to the gym today as dh had another post-op appt. He is doing very well...PTL!...his pressure was only 7 today! The doctor stopped one eye drop and decreased the other one a little. He no longer is restricted in his activities too! The doc numbed his eye and gave him a shot of a scar preventor. Not sure what it is called. Looked really wierd watching him do it, but dh didn't feel anything except a little stinging afterwards. He didn't even realize what the doctor did as his eyes were closed until the doc opened the one just enough to shoot it in. ewww..

Dh's been talking about his bucket list recently. He wants to go to the International Kite Festival next year ...we got on the waitlist and yesterday we did get reservations. The other thing he wanted right now was a bike. Said he'd never had a bike of his own..only ones given him that really didn't "fit" right. So today we got him a bike. I want him to wait to ride until Doctor approves due to his osteoporosis, but it was on sale at Costco and the only one left (it was a floor display) and it fits him, so hope he gets to keep it. His leg with the steel rod is strong but I'm concerned about his spine and other leg. He has worse osteoporosis than I ever did and doctor told me to be careful stepping down from a curb! I think I was on Fosamax about four or five years before I had a completely good bone density test. He's only been on the Fosamax about two years but buying the bike him made him so happy and I'm really really hoping it's ok.

We also went to VA to get help with the online account they wanted us to set up only to learn that the reason we can't access the account is because he has not seen the audiologist yet! Why don't they explain these things?!! Govt websites (and instructions!) are the most difficult sites on the internet...it's almost like they TRY to make them difficult!

Change/Donna - Continuing to pray for you and your family. Hope things get better soon.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #58  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

G' Morning...so what is Fosamax Mary? I haven't had bone density test done, scared to. (I know I've gone down hill in that department.) Yay for DH getting his own bike, about time.

Gayle...how's the job hunting going?

Good thoughts to everyone else

K3...do you also have the matching dining room table? We lucked out when we purchased this set, it was on clearance back in the early 70's. We have 4 leafs with our dining room table. Is that how you spell it? Liefs? duh, I'm brain dead this morning.

As Donna says, be well lovelies.

P.S. My project for today is stripping another table from MIL's basement. It looks like Maple, both side go down to form a rectangle table. I'm going to use it up in the loft for a sewing table.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1592.jpg (26.6 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 08-08-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Grrr typed a post and lost it. Be back later.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #60  
Donna

Quick hola... I'm at work.

Gayle - I'm wondering about your job situation? Anything on the receptionist job? I'm TOTALLY irate on your behalf that you were given the new job at the hospital and then had it unceremoniously ripped away from you. Tacky, tacky, tacky!

Nothing new... same ol' same ol'.... I'm just fretting today that the new sewer line goes in without a hassle, that the sprinkler system isn't destroyed, that the house doesn't fall in... blah, blah, blah. Won't you all be GLAD when this is all finished?? I know I will be!

Gotta run. Be well.... later, lovelies!
Closed Thread