Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 230/230/175

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to say hello. 50+ rocks for many reasons.

I added my bio and hope to get to know you. I've been trying to eat healthier for a while now and have had to go gluten-free for my health but I'm going to get a bit more organized about it starting tomorrow (modified SBD) so I could use the support and some new friends.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #77  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Annette ~ I see you found us already. Enjoy ~ looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #78  

Height: 5'3"

No sunshine today! It was supposed to get to 81 but I am doubtful. At least no rain. The son of Louis Palau spoke in our church this morning. Think his name is Kevin. It was interesting and inspiring to hear of all the ways the local churches are working to help in the secular community (public schools etc). I did not realize that organizing things like that was a part of his ministry. We have attended one of his festivals in the past. After church went out to eat with our son's gf. I lost .6# this week but I still have 1.2# to go to get back down to my sig weight. I did well yesterday, but my bs was still really high this morning. I remembered it was only when I consistently did well last month that it came down.

Welcome Netters & Ryte!! Glad to have you with us! I LOVED my 50s and 60s...70s so far not quite so much far but I'm adjusting. I tell myself I don't FEEL 70 so the number doesn't really matter. I think it is very important to stay active and engaged in life. I'm one of the oldest on this forum I think and we are a pretty active bunch doing things we enjoy.

Glynne - This may be a great new beginning for you...I'm hoping you will find your direction/spot that is just right for you soon!

Donna - Glad you got a good sleep. I sleep better when it's cooler too. Glad they got the sewer in and you approve their work. What about the house? Did it ever sell?

Karen31 - Have fun at the car show! Dh has been saying he's ready to travel again now that his surgery is over except for (I think) one more post-op appt but he has doc's permission to do anything he wants.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Last edited by maryea; 08-11-2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: typos!
Old 08-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Have had some kind of sleeping issue. My nap keeps getting longer & longer. My DD thinks it is the low-calorie eating. Problem is that to lose, I need to keep daily menu to below 1000.

Tues is laser-surgery on my eye to get rid of scar tissue from the cataract surgery!

Have a great Sunday,

Lynn
Old 08-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #80  
Sassy

S/C/G: 220/188/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm getting pretty well moved in -- only one kitchen box left and a few bedroom/bathroom boxes. Then, there is the stuff that has just been stashed away for a long time that I need to make some decisions regarding organize and restash or get rid of. Anyway, my new house is looking good in most places and I LOVE it.

Tomorrow, I will spend most of the day at MD Anderson Cancer Center having tests to make sure there is no sign of returning cancer. I feel pretty confident. Tuesday, I get my hair done. Wednesday, an appointment to get all set up in the clubhouse of my new community, Thursday, my oncologist with the results of the tests and Friday, my dentist (think I will get the new obturator (prosthesis for the hole in my palate from the cancer surgery. In the fitting stages, it was way better then the current one, so I am excited about that. Life seems to be great.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Good morning goldies,
Had a very busy weekend. Dh pressure washed the house Friday. Saturday I prepared for a birthday supper we did for her. Had company over Saturday night for that. Diet went out the window. Sunday morning dh and I went to mass at 9 and then to ds and bil. We took another road trip. This time we went ride to the coast to see a community that we had camped at every year dragging and fishing. It was wiped off the map by a hurricane about 4years ago and they are rebuilding. before it was all rental trailers, small houses and apartments packed on top of each other. There was nothing left but a few pilings. I guessing there were about 300 buildings that washed away. I was amazed how huge the homes they are building back. I'm guessing innthe 700 to million dollar homes. And they are building them higher off the ground. That's not going to save them from the hurricanes that hit our coast. I thinks its crazy myself. We didn't get back until 9 last night. Very tired today. Dh is coming home this afternoon with more fish to clean. Should be the last of them. Freezers are full for the winter.

Sass I'm glad you are settling into your new home. I'm sending you a prayer for good test results.

Lynn good luck with your surgery.

Mary sorry to hear about your sugar struggles. Is your sugar more normal or high on a regular basis. Would medicine help keep it at a more normal contineous level.

Hi Nette,Rytre,calavera

Gayle I love my dishwasher. I never had one in my old house but I use the one in my new house daily.

Donna hang in there it's almost over. Glad you are finally getting rid of the extra stuff.

Karen31 did you enjoy your car show?

Change Donna how are you doing? Is it going ok for your little son in school?

Karen 3. I need you to start yelling again. Didn't hear you this weekend.

Bobbi I wish I could send you some fish. How's the house coming along?

Carol sue it was good to hear from you. You've been Mia for awhile. That's why I'm overweight. Southern food is downright most delicious and fattening. I cook jambalaya crawfish pie and gumbo all the time. plus more.

Rosy how are you? How was your barbecue for grandson?

Our of time for today!
Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #82  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

G' Morning....we have the garage up but no siding on it. The contractor forgot to order it so it'll be a week before they can finish it and our vehicles moved in. I don't remember if I told you what the bratty spoiled kid I live with bought? Another Harley Davidson. I'm still burning about that. I told him after the '32 Chevy sold he could get one. He got one and the Chevy is still with us. I listed it on carsoup a couple of weeks age, no interest in it yet. I think we'll be sitting with it for awhile. When it does sell, the money is all mine. The spoiled brat agreed.

I only have to put a light sealer on the oak table I refinished, turned out nice. I'll post a before and after picture when it's done.

On Monday the floor guy will laid the new hardwood floor upstairs and we can check that off the list of things to be done.

Sassy...I just threw stuff in my cupboards when we moved and have yet to rearrange them to my satisfaction. I only have 1/2 the cabinet space so many items I have to store downstairs on some shelving. Anyone else have to do this or am I the only person who has to have all the newest gadgets. Mary...I'll bet you've won lots of kitchen items, you'll have to teach us all how to do it.

Welcome Netters & Ryte

Gayle...I'm thinking good thoughts about you. You've put in so many years at your job, why haven't they found a place for you?

Donna...I got down right cold last night sleeping and you like it? Geesh, I've got ice running in my veins.

Cajun...We didn't have a dishwasher in our old house, there was one in our new house. When Bruce gutted the kitchen, I decided using the space for one wasn't worth it. But then it's just us two and we don't have lots of dishes to do. You seems to have lots of company.

Lynn...good luck on your surgery. Keep those calories under 1000, the results are amazing.

KarenMo...isn't it fun looking at all those old cars, Bruce had a 1954 chevy when I met him. He's kicked himself many times for selling it. Hey, does Tim want to buy a '32 Chevy?

I'm getting a brain freeze, don't remember who else I wanted to talk to.
Hi K3.

Welcome Netters & Ryte!!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #83  
Sassy

S/C/G: 220/188/150

Talking

I haven't done any unpacking since my last post -- need to make myself get busy again, but seems harder when I have appointments and am gone part of the day. I was really exhausted yesterday, but feeling better today.

Bobbi - My old house was almost twice as large (but there were three of us and I'm here alone). I really love kitchen gadgets, small appliances, varied pots and pans, etc., and my old kitchen had a HUGE walk in pantry, so storage wasn't a problem. My new kitchen is reasonably large and has a pantry, but not walk in style. I left some of my kitchen stuff with my daughter (including my heavy duty Kitchenaid stand mixer) but told her I may change my mind and ask for some of it back. We did a lot of entertaining in the old house and expect my daughter to continue holding events there, so she will need some of the items we used. I have no other floors or basement, so everything I keep needs to go in here and I kind of want to go for a sleek and sophisticated look, rather than more homey and somewhat cluttered -- not sure why as I am more "homey" than sleek and sophisticated. I will post some pictures when I finish unpacking. I am still really loving it and am down another pound or two.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hey Bobbi! Go to the "Hot Rod Power Tour" page On Facebook and advertise your '32 Chevy there! Lots of people are interested there and all are interested in the oldies and classics. I'll bet you get a bite there fast!!

Hello to all... Ginger seems to be doing better with this medicine combination. And thank goodness the "pee pills" are just about out of her system and messes are getting so much less! WHEW!!!

I have a ton of stuff that I want to do today but doubt I get it all done. I'll try to get back later.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #85  

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick one this morning as I got up late...we didn't go to the gym as dh had an important call to make and we have other things to do. I didn't do anything yesterday except attempt to plan a trip. I was trying to fulfill another item on his bucket list but couldn't get it to come together. So today I have a lot to do here at home plus need to go out for groceries.

Bobbi - No, the only kitchen item I remember winning was a wine bottle opener. That was my very first win many years ago, and it is a fine one, however we hardly ever have any use for it. Yesterday a nice small (value) win came...a large case of a beverage called Sparkling Ice. I never heard of it before but they are pretty large bottles and are zero everything...calories, carbs, everything. They have green tea extract in them. They actually taste pretty good. A pretty blue tumbler was included. Its a fun hobby because you just never know what you will get.

Cajun - The doc wants to put me on an injectable med for my bs. I was hoping to get my A1C down or at least my weight down by my next appt (Oct) and was doing pretty well for a few days but not so well right now. I hope I can get back to it. We get a Filipino channel..they were hit by a typhoon in northwestern Luzon...the flooding is terrible! Even worse than I've seen in the US.

Sass - How did your appt go? I hope well.

Lynn - Good luck with the laser surgery! Dh has had that done.

Karen31 - Thanks for the tips on posting pics. After all these years, I never knew that. I can't even get my profile picture changed!

Well, this didn't turn out to be so quick. LOL

Last edited by maryea; 08-13-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #86  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, Goldens!

I'm at work, so this will be quick, just a hello!

Got EVERYTHING cleared out of Barb's house on Monday, all of it, everything! Theoretically, that should have been my last trip there. If the appraisal goes well today, closing will be the 21st, and then it's finally finished! It's just been three months since she died, so I think I did a pretty darn good job of it all!

Cloudy here; we're still in the monsoon season, I guess. I'm happy to have it!

Nothing new. Status quo is good, I think.

Hope you're all doing well! Later, lovelies!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #87  

Hi everyone. im still recovering from my awesome weekend. seems these big get togethers poop me out more than they used to. ive been gorking and napping yesterday and today it was wonderful to spend time with my grson. hes still my Tim but i can see the that he has matured into a fine man. he leaves alaska for scott airforce base in Ill on the 19th,and wont see him for a yr or more. so proud of him and im happy-sad. we had nice weather and the bq was fun,steves brothers and sister where here visiting from calif. and way to much yummy food. jess,you should be proud of your labor of love it getting your sisters affairs taken care of we are still trying to sell my moms house,and its been 5 yrs since she passed.Bobbie so sorry for your dh new toy,i know just how you feel.Lynn good luck on the surg for all and esp those i missed,this old lady needs a nap. ttfn rosey
Old 08-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Went to JC this morning - lost another pound - 8 pounds in 8 weeks.

This afternoon had the laser eye surgery to get rid of scar tissue - no discomfort, but now it feels like a film on my eye.

My niece is supposed to come stay with me for a couple of days. I am looking forward to this. Since my sister died, I have been concerned about losing touch with my nieces.

Lynn
Old 08-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #89  

Hi everyone again Lynn congrats on the loss and hope you heal fast from the eye surg. Just popped in to share that i have atenative surg date of Aug 30th,just waiting for final approval. keep your fingers crossed for me. rosey
Old 08-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Oh Rosey!! I'm so excited for you!! I could almost hear the excitement in your post!!!
Closed Thread