Old 12-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #346  

I certainly haven't read all 23 pages of posts, but I'll be 60 this year, and I'm still fighting the good fight too!

This is a wonderful website, and I'm finally doing a plan that works for me, and I hope this thread continues!
lotsofmarigolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #347  
Happy Member

Hi, lotsofmarigolds - Thanks for stopping in. We are always happy to have people join in our conversations. We are hoping that this thread will continue, too, and the more people who post here, the better.

PP - We're having soup tonight too. It's an end-of-the-week, clean-out-the =fridge soup, and mostly veggies. It's smelling good. Hope you enjoyed your Christmas brunch today, I certainly enjoyed mine.

Gail - Hope you are feeling better.

Amarantha2 - Actually the breakfast cookies were a rather healthy option at the brunch, although there were also apple slices available. So I ate a couple of apple slices plus a couple of my breakfast cookies. Other foods were entirelytoo full of sugar for me, but they sure looked good.

The brunch was very nice, and I did enjoy myself. We sang Christmas carols, which is always great fun for me. Those old Christmas carols that we all know by heart always sound so sweet and new each year.

So we are progressing through the Christmas season, full of tasty and tempting culinary treats. So let's be careful, let's be very careful.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Marigolds Welcome.

Jo Yes my brunch was very enjoyable. I also love Christmas Carols.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:36 AM   #349  
Empress/Queen

Greetings, Marigolds! And hello, all!

I am wide awake & watching cooking shows & thought of this thread because Mary Ann Esposito is doing a show about cauliflower. She showed how it grows in the garden & made an elegant molded soufflé like cauliflower dish & a dish with cauliflower & broccoli cooked with pasta. Both looked delicious.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 12-09-2012 at 05:37 AM.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #350  

Good Morning!

Amarantha Both DH and I love cooking shows. His favourite is "Diners Drive Ins and Dives". I like Nigella Bites or any show with Nigella Lawson and
I cannot remember the name of the other one??? It is a female host she is brunette, chubby and her husband is Jeffrey. I used to like "The Two Fat Ladies" and Emeril Lagasse.

Off for coffee and my show.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Ina Garten! I really enjoy her, too. She uses a lot of oil and salt, but I have found the recipes to be very good with less oil and salt.

I have had a really terrible cold. Feel sick, no voice, nasty cough, sleeping with the vaporizer. I have eaten all kinds of high calorie items to comfort myself. I think sucking on cough drops makes me want to eat more sweets. I had to get up in the night last night and brush my teeth again because my mouth was so yucky from cough drops.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #352  
Empress/Queen

Plucky, I haven't seen any of those shows but would like to. I wonder if I could get them here.

Gail, feel better.

Actually I don't feel well myself, blood pressure shot up suddenly from the frozen entree I ate for lunch as part of my little foray into The Simple Diet. I began to realize yesterday that if I wanted to do this kind of a plan, I was going to have to pitch the frozen entrees and cook something without sodium in it lol.

So I tossed all of them but the guy next door was out in his yard and I asked him if he wanted them so he fished them out of the trash (they'd only been in the trash ... in a clean area ... for one minute). So I feel better. He seems to be a bodybuilder and said he would eat them but they had too much sodium lol.

Lol, I know ... I still like the structure of The Simple Diet but best cook my own frozen entrees. The shakes I have are okay.

Tomorrow ... groceries ... real food.

Today, get blood pressure down and get rid of cobwebs in brain!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #353  

Gail
Ina Garten!!!! The Barefoot Contessa. Amarantha I am not even sure these shows are still on other then in repeats.
Thanks Gail my memory failed me so.
I hope you feel better soon. My Mom is also quite sick. I was talking to her today and her voice is very rough.

Amarantha
I am on medication for high blood pressure. I love my salt though. I should take readings and see if it spikes when I eat salt. Is this how you know it is directly related to the salt? I read that sodium does not effect everyone in the same way.

Going to have a skinless boneless chicken breast for dinner on top of spinach. I will also make quinoa. I will put some vindaloo sauce on the chicken.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:24 AM   #354  
banned

Read the book "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch.

You're not fighting the good fight. Fighting your body is not good. You can lose weight without fighting yourself, in fact it's the only way you can lose weight permanently, and your experience is a testimony to that. You can go on dieting the rest of your life if you really think dieting and self-loathing is fun, or you can throw in the towel and let your body fix itself while you enjoy your life.
refreshrefresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #355  
Happy Member

Hello, Refreshrefresh:

Always happy to have a new voice chime in, even when it is a voice that is making wild accusations and insulting us all.

Thank you.

I am not fighting my body, I am very happy with the body God gave me, and I thank Him every day for it.

I have lost over 65 lbs. and currently am keeping it off. There is no self-loathing in my lifestyle, and I am enjoying my life.

Evidently you enjoy trolling weight-loss support boards, and that is sad. You give the book "Intuitive Eating" a bad name. And, yes, I have read it in the past, it contains some very good points. But it isn't the solution to all of our difficulties.

I will continue to "Fight the good fight" with my friends here.

Last edited by JoJoJo2; 12-10-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #356  

Jo What a great response. I cheered and laughed at the same time.

I see the good fight as a fight not with self but my urges to use food as a balm. It does not work. I love food I will always love food I always want to love food. I love it for the nutrition, the energy, the smells, the sight, the taste and the celebration of it.

I love my body.

I fight for a healthier relationship with food and with my body.

That is all.

WI tonight
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Let's not anyone mess with Jo! The phrase about the good fight is actually from the bible. 1Timothy 6:12. I borrowed it. Regardless of your religious persuasion, there are lots of good things to read in the bible. I just had to hop on here and see what was happening. I think I have just about picked my jaw up off the floor...

I am still feeling awful. Jerry has it now.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #358  

WI gained 3.2

Back at it though. Fighting the good fight.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #359  
Happy Member

PP - These things happen, and they can happen so easily this time of year. Just stick to doing what you know you should be doing. That is the solution for all of us.

Gail - I'm sorry you are still sick, and you had to go and share it with your DH. Sharing is a good thing to do, but please cease sharing those germs and virus'.

Yeah, don't mess with me. I get riled up when trolls insult me and my friends.But there are always unpleasant people in the world, and we just need to learn to deal with them and/or ignore them.

It's cold and windy in Casper these days, but I'm hoping to get to the mall tomorrow to finish up the Christmas shopping.

Let's keep smiling -

Last edited by JoJoJo2; 12-10-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #360  

My eating was fine today. I did some walking.

For dinner I had kale, yves just like ground and veggie gravy.

I also made a lentil tomato soup for lunches.