Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #346  

Height: 5'3"

Good Sunday everyone! It is a cool cloudy day was a little breezy when we left church this morning and now it is raining. I guess our brief summer is over. Well, it was nice while it lasted! My weight has been stable for three days now and I am still OP. My weight software was saying slow down, well guess I have and that's ok as long as I keep losing even slowly. I think I will because with this diet it is so easy to keep OP. You know I was was thinking that for years I felt hungry esp in the evenings and my dh and some of my kids said I just needed more discipline, and my other kids would say I needed to exercise harder, and I'm sure some of it was just mental hunger but I think this diet proves that much of it was real hunger! On Sundays we have traditionally had our main meal right after church, so that is now my L&G. Today we had Boston Chicken and salad (tomatoes from our garden but I forgot to put in cukes!). LOL when I thought of Boston I immediately thought of Boston Rob! (for you Survivor fans!). I didn't like the chicken that much (I'm not a big chicken eater) so I weighed what I didn't eat and then scrambled five egg whites and added some Splenda..to me it's like dessert and I got all my protein ounces. I actually think in grams the chicken alone might have been enough but they say 6 oz so that way I got it. I cheated just a little with the chicken as it had honey in the sauce that I drizzled over but it wasn't much to begin with and as I didn't eat it all, I don't think I got much. To stay in ketosis you have to keep your carbs no more than 100 but I only have 34.9 now after lunch so think I'm fine.

Donna - glad you got your computer person to take of things for you. You've struggled with it long enough!

Rosey - It's always something isn't it?!! I understand...we are facing a lot of expenses coming up with our son's house, and I am wondering how we will manage but I know with God's help we will. I am still not sure we should be taking this trip in Oct to MO though with all that could be ahead. It really shouldn't cost us that much but it is still extra expense. I found out I can buy insurance on the rental car booking and cancel if necessary and everything else is either covered by insurance or is easy to cancel but we just can't decide. Glad the moose meat is tasty! I've had elk but not sure if it's the same taste. Oh, Rosey, what is the name of the muscle relaxant you take...sometimes I need one for my back and the one the doctor gives me doesn't help much.

Rie - Thanks for reminding me of a mocha! Think I'll have one for my next mini-meal..now that I know how to fix it up to meet the requirements. Another one from the Old Days - Don't wash your hair or take a bath when you have your period. Can you imagine!

Slmn1 - How long does the library allow you to read them the books?

Marie - Yep, I do like chocolate! ;-) I have some chocolate chip pancakes I haven't tried yet too!

Hi to everyone I missed! Hope you all are having a good day!

Last edited by maryea; 09-25-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #347  

Hi everyone. we are shopping for a new washer and dryer,does anyone have a suggestion as to what brand is the best? maryea i take flexeral 10mg but meds usually knock me for loop so i cut them in half.the gloomy day turned into a sunny beautiful fall day. i sat out on the deck and soaked up the sun.its good for you. when i was in the hosp so long part of the dr orders where to go outside sunny or rainy for 1/2 hr every day and i did with dh help! suppers in the oven and im starving ttfn rosey
Old 09-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Good Morning Goldens!

Well the 3fc site is quiet this morning but I guess maybe there was trouble and some folks couldn't log in. I was up early and got in 75 mins of Walkitout. Had a good and light Bfast and now I am off to manage my day.

One of my employees called me in the middle of the night for help as she is facing a domestic violence situation. GRRRRR. I am going to court with her today to help her get a restraining order and get as safe as she can be.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and I will check in later!

Rie
Old 09-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #349  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

G’morning, GG’s – sunny here…wowza! Kinda like a summer day, supposed to hit 80. Strange weather, hot & muggy one day, chilly the next. Well, I won’t start actively complaining until I start to see swirls of white coming down…..

Oh, Rie/Val….I swear! I just wish we could herd these abusers together onto a big old island and let them keep busy growing their own food and doing some honest labor to keep themselves alive and healthy. There has got to be a better way, you know? Too many of our sisters are unsafe and at risk. Even restraining orders don’t always protect them. I’ve been removed from that sort of thing for awhile now – years, really. I write about it, but don’t encounter it in my own day-to-day experience. I think I’ve reached the end of my tether with some of these perps – as twisted and abusive as their own childhoods may have been, they can’t be allowed to keep those dysfunctional cycles going on and on into new generations. I’m afraid my response at this point would be to beat the daylights out of them…or have somebody do it…I guess I’d be pretty ineffectual on my own, what with my poor exercise habits and all.
Well, I won’t beat this dead horse, but I hope your employee gets some relief from her abuser. I know you’ll do what you can.

Hey Rosey…we bought one of the units with the washer on the bottom and the dryer on top a couple of years back. It’s a GE, I think. Fits right into my kitchen broom closet, and washes huge loads with no problem. We’ve never had a speck of trouble with it, and I love the convenience of having it right nearby without having to traipse up or downstairs to do laundry.

Wow, Mary! You’re really going to have to post some “after” pictures pretty soon! It looks like you’ve found the perfect plan for yourself! Yay!

Oh, goody, PT!!!! I’ve been missing your smiling face around here…I’m glad your technology woes are behind us!

Oh, Marie! Hmmm. Well, I’m sure that you’ll be just fine seeing your dh more often, but if I’d had “me” time the way you have recently, I don’t know if I could ever go back to my old routine. It sounds like pure nirvana! I’m like you about the phone….I have long conversations with my sister every couple of weeks, mostly with her talking and me saying “uh-huh”…and I talk, at least briefly, with my youngest dd every day, but I’m no good at prolonged phone chatting. Dislike it intensely, in fact.

Carol Sue, my attitude towards the doctor is that I am paying them, not the other way around. Therefore, I am in control of what I will and will not divulge. My weight is my business, and if they can’t work around that, there are plenty of health care providers who will. Besides, my weight is ALWAYS rising and falling….it depends on whether I’m on plan or off plan. Blah. Yes, yes, I am scale-phobic…VERY scale-phobic!

Gayle, that sort of drama with your offspring, along with your job and everything else, must be exhausting. I hope things get resolved in a way that’s best for all concerned, including YOU.

Bobbi, I think that even when I do retire, I’ll probably confine my gardening to big pots and urns. I’d like it if my kids did some gardening, though – I’d be glad to freeze and/or cook with anything that they might manage to grow.

How’s your back, Freda? I hope you haven’t been out sitting on any more bleachers in the rain! Being a good grandparent is ONE thing – ruining your health is something altogether different. After my recent bout with bronchitis, I have resolved to take MUCH better care of myself!

K3!!!!! I meant to congratulate you/your son on publishing TWO new books!!!!!!! Wowza!!!!! You certainly taught that child well, Ma’am! I’m sure he owes it all to you! (At least that’s what I’d figure if one of my kids wrote a book)

Well, back to the salt mines for this chick…have a good day, y’all!
Z
Old 09-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #350  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Default second try!

Good Morning, GGDs!
Oh, it is LOVELY here today… so fresh and crisp and green and…. well, Fall! I love it.

I guess I haven’t posted in a couple of days. Wowsers, those pages fill up fast!

Freda – it’s always good to read your posts. I like your wisdom, your calm serenity, and the fact that you also hate summer! It’s been a while since anyone has mentioned our Crone Community; I think that anyone who wants to live off the land should be able to do that. Oh, fresh veggies… what a good idea! Did you ever find out exactly which diet your bro and his wife are using? It sounds like it’s working well for them! And, Freda – what’s the deal with Advil vs Tylenol after surgery?

Mary – is your MF diet still working well for you? The first week of any diet seems to be fairly easy; it’s the next week, and the next week…. I know you’ll persevere and will have strong won’t-power. Good thoughts for you!

Gayle – I had a fine time with my girlfriend and her new beau on Saturday. We have b’days within a few days of each other, so it’s a good excuse to get together for a meal! Her new love is someone she met online (from Indiana). I guess it’s never too late… for some people, anyway. He just moved here within the last month, and they’re very cute… holding hands and cuddling. They don’t get too carried away with the PDA, because I find that gross, repulsive, and inappropriate and have no hesitation in saying so!

Your arthritis sounds much worse than mine! Do you have RA or lupus or just plain old OA? I hope your doc can get something for you that works. It’s never whining to say “I feel like ca-ca!”

CarolSue – glad you’re posting often! It’s nice to get to know new folks.

Marie – I NEVER let them weigh me at the doctor’s (well, the one time I went in the last 15 years I didn’t let them weigh me). I gave them a good faith estimate, and it was okay. When I worked for the cardiologist, he always said it was okay if they estimated, if it was a fair estimate; sometimes the meds are adjusted depending on weight. After all, they’re after your money, so they won’t send you away if you dig in your heels and refuse to be weighed.

“I’m opening a can of worms, but if both your computers are on the same network, you can search by the ip address and just transfer the files…” I read "blah, blah, blah, and blah…" …….

Rie – I remember the “no white shoes after Labor Day” rule… it also included white pants and white dresses (unless you were a virgin bride, of course! I wonder if I can SAY that?). I still find myself going into a clutch when I try to don a pair of white pants early in September!

Yes, I did an acceptable amount of gorking this weekend, Rie, but I also managed to do some domestic drudgery! It just plain wore me out and so will have to abstain for a while. I knew he wouldn’t care, but I didn’t want the ComputerGod to see the pit in which I live!

Rosey – are you feeling better? I’m sure you do look forward to the funds Alaska gives to their people every year! What a boon! Is this per family or per person?

PT/Zoe – love your new format! It’s easy to read (and, of course, always so interesting!). Are you well and healthy again?

This site is irritating me! I'll try it once more and then forget it!

I had a good weekend, basking in the glow of the working computer! Laundry, domestic drudgery, that sort of thing... nothing exciting!!

Everyone, hope your day is going well... Newbies - welcome!!

Old 09-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #351  

Morning everyone here i am cuddeled up to my puter and gizmo,coffee in hand,dh still sleeping.. i love my mornings. my back is some better,its always better in the morning. we are going shopping today for new appliances ridiculous to get excited about a washer and dryer but the set i have is 26 yrs old time for new dont u think? the alaska permfund is a great boost and each person thats aleagal alaskan gets one ,the amount fluctuates with the stock market. we each get 1,174$ this yr.it pays out property taxes and a new washer and dryer we are lucky to have this program from the oil revenues. I sent pictures of the kitten to jess and caddykaren,maybe they can post them for me as im a computer dummy. hes doing well.well here comes my dh so end of quiet time oh i moved my ticker again hope your days awsome rosey ps if they cant post pics message me your e-mail and i will send them to you
Old 09-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #352  

Still not feeling 100% well. Not sure if it's the diet or not. The diet sickness is only suppose to last three days and Wed it will be two weeks for me. I'm wondering if I could be getting too much soy. There is soy in almost all the meals and I also take two supplements which contain it for my hot flashes. Or maybe it's something else entirely. I continue to be kind of headachy, tired and dizzy or nauseous...the headaches and nausea come and go and I was feeling more energy but today not so much. Went to the gym and after biking and walking 15 min each, keeping it at only 3 speed, I felt very sick. Wasn't able to use weight machines...tried one and thought I was going to lose it. I did my own mini-meal this am and maybe it just wasn't enough before exercising. Sure hope it is not the diet as it is working. Well, actually I've been the same weight for 4 days now but if I don't gain, I should show a loss for the week..weigh-in is Wed. So far all I've done here at home is my daily housework...I hope to feel better soon so I can do my weekly cleaning. Didn't even feel like eating but I'm choking down my 2nd mini-meal of the day as I'm not suppose to miss a meal. Who knows, maybe it will help.

Rosey - New appliances how exciting! It is fun to get something new esp something one doesn't buy often. Sounds like Alaska has a good program there! We have nothing like that. Congrats on the weight loss! You are sure looking good! Thanks, I have used Flexoril but it's been a long time...I think it did help me. Wonder why my current doctor doesn't prescribe it? Next time (hope here will be no next time!) I'll ask for it.

Donna - Except for feeling kind of sick, I'm still OP. It really isn't hard as I'm not hungry. I do think about "real" food now and then...was trying to figure out a way to make my regular oatmeal work but I just can't seem to do it without increasing calories. Also have to make enough to keep me full. I did have soy milk (1 cup) for breakfast this am and then added fiber to my water. But as I said above I felt worse later so maybe that was why..either too much soy or maybe just not enough substance in my breakfast to exercise on. I only did the soy milk because I'm going to have to throw it out and waste a LOT if I don't start drinking it. Yes, I know the true test of a diet is the ongoing days...will let you know.

Zoe - had to laugh about how your weight is always flucuating cause I think I'm the queen of weight flucuation! I see my doc every 4 mo and one time I'll have lost and the next time I'll have gained just depending on how I've been eating. I hope to stop that with this diet but again, we will see..and Zoe I have to lose at least 20 lbs before people start noticing any difference..

Rie - Sorry about your employee! It's sad that people...esp spouses who should love and cherish one another feel the need to beat on one another! I'm glad you are able to help her.

Well, I think I do feel better after eating so maybe I just hadn't eaten enough.
Thanks for listening. You all have a good day!!
Old 09-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #353  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Today is the last day of the course. I will be grading papers tomorrow & be able to read everyone's posts on Wednesday.

My sister and I saw Moneyball on Sunday. I REALLY liked it.

Barium swallow study results - Normal. OK, time to take this into my own hands. Maybe it is the Celebrex. I have cut it out. Will see if the chest pains go away.

Lynn
Old 09-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #354  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Would you believe I cleaned/vacumned most of the day? Dang, I wasn't going to lift a finger while DH is Antelope hunting.
Rosie...where's your guys going hunting in Minnesota?
Quote:
also dh is going deer hunting in minnesota with sil and grson
As for the brand of washer/dryer...just google your question to see which one is rated best for the money.

Marie...I wrote a note to allergy people asking what I can take the week before, haven't heard from the famous Mayo clinic people yet> I wanted to know about taking vitamins, pain pills, etc. I think I'll stop taking everything tomorrow and try to get by until the test. I don't scratch or itch or have watery eyes, nothing...just those darn headaches.
I'm sorry but I only had time to catch up on everyones post, my tummy is hungry. Dr. Oz is on too, gotta go get smart. I'm making this recipe tomorrow, it had lots of 4.5 or 5 star reviews.
Later Gator
Turkey Veggie Meatloaf Cups

2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions
1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 pound extra lean ground turkey
1/2 cup uncooked couscous
2 cloves garlic
1 egg
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, or as needed

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray 20 muffin cups with cooking spray.
Place zucchini, onions, garlic and red bell pepper into a food processor, and pulse several times until finely chopped but not liquefied. Place the vegetables into a bowl, and mix in ground turkey, couscous, egg, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard until thoroughly combined. Fill each prepared muffin cup about 3/4 full. Top each cup with about 1 teaspoon of barbecue sauce.
Bake in the preheated oven until juices run clear, about 25 minutes. Internal temperature of a muffin measured by an instant-read meat thermometer should be at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Let stand 5 minutes before serving
Old 09-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all GG's.....I tried all day to get on and finally they let me only to immediately eat my post. Arrrrrrrrgh!

Email from DS and it is offical the publishers put out the announcement of his 2 book deal. Funny how reading it makes it realer????? Books sound even weirder than the first one.

Forgot my meds last night and took them this am...forgot that been taking them at night because they make me dizzy. Blah Been a miserable day. Had enough rain to refill the pool and now so sunny and steamy hot you could saute vegies on the patio cement. k3

Last edited by Karen3; 09-29-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Well, I somehow managed to stay here long enough to read all the posts. But, I sure can’t keep up with all that’s going on! And, with all you wonderful new people (I know I’m a stranger to you all, because I just haven’t been here much lately!).

Maybe I can get back into the swing of things, sometime soon, but tonight (once again) my mind just wants to zone out. My mom thinks maybe it has something to do with the cooler weather, because she’s been feeling a little “off” too. But, surely I’m not going into “hibernation mode” already!!! It’s just fall! I have been wanting to just hang out in my bedroom & read, though. And, I keep wanting to EAT! Noooooo! (So far I’ve managed to resist that urge, but it’s getting harder.)

Anyway, just wanted y’all to know I was here, & to say Hi! Sorry I’m not being more sociable.
NCNancy
Old 09-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

We made it to Colorado Springs this afternoon. Got all set up at the campsite and I was able to get everything done with out hurting myslelf tonight!! But I'm finding I'm stiff, sore and bruised in places that I didn't even know I had! Just wanted to check in. I'm so tired after traveling the last 2 days but feels good to be set up!!

I'll try to catch everyone tomorrow
Old 09-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #358  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Val, I hope you got some satisfaction from the car wash owner. Definitely fight them. It would be cool if you did the Koman half marathon.

Rosey, I hope your back and shoulder start to feel better. Darn doggies. Don’t they know we’re fragile??? And I so understand about the never ending expenses. You are definitely not alone.

Donna, very cool your computer setup is working again. ROFL at the “I read blah…”

Mary, OMG on the no washing for the monthly cycle. EEKS! I’ve never heard of that one. I’m thinking staying uninformed would have been good.

Zoe, I’d love to herd the abusers into a corral then ship them off to some remote island, then burn their boat. My friend/co-worker that I’ve been spending lots of time with it about 5 months into the process Val is starting with her co-worker. They’re now in the midst of a nasty divorce and the jacka$$ did “rehab” and believed he’s now an angel. And LOL at the “me” time nirvana. DH has today off so he’s home, watching a show streamed from Netflix while I type here. Really, he’s a sweetheart and knows I like my “me” time whether he’s home or not.

Lynn, feel better and enjoy the end of the class.

Bobbi, call the allergist for the med list. I only had to stop antihistamines and was told to stay on all my asthma meds. I can’t imagine pain relievers would be banned.

KarenFL, how cool for your son and his book deal. I loved reading the link and his success.

Hey Nancy, I have faith you’ll persevere in the munchies war!

Work remains a thorn in my derriere these days but the rest of life is good. I told the doggies I must go back to the horrible work place and they were the reason. I must keep them in food, biscuits and vet appointments. Not only am I their devoted housekeeper, I work for their expenses. Not surprisingly, I don’t mind spending my money on my babies. Enough for now. Chat with you all later.
Marie
Old 09-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #359  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Off to work soon. One day down ~ three to go. Off Friday, then have to come in early on Sat. am.

My knees are feeling somewhat better ~ hope it continues. Donna ~ you helped me there. When you mentioned that ibuprofen helped you ~ I thought I'd try that again. I had taken a dose ~ one tablet here and there, but I guess that wasn't enough to help. Then I remembered that one time the dentist had given me a bigger dose. So, I tried that and took it as often as I could, and maybe that relieved the inflamation enough to where I could start feeling better. Thank you Donna.

Donna ~ I don't think my arthritis (I just have the regular kind ~ osteo) is worse than yours. I think I was having a sort of flare up from my dr fiddling with my celebrex. Your hip pain sounds lots worse.

Well, I'd better go do some more getting ready for work. Hello to everyone else.

Take care ~ hope you all have a good day.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #360  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Eureka, GGDs!
The ComputerGod was here... I have a router... I have IE 8 again, which should take care of the system freeze problem (I hope!)... I have all my files... AND the wireless mouse works! He took the PC with him, to strip it down and reinstall. Eureka, eureka, eureka.... Hope you're all having a lovely day. I AM!
OH, I really hate to ask questions like this....how much does it run to have something like this done? We got a router for my e-reader and we would like to use our laptop with it too, but it is several years old and we haven't used it for so long it appears that it needs some updates in order to use it. It has the capabilities for WIFI but we get so far with the installation then we get error messages that we don't understand. I have considered having someone get it up and going, but sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper to just buy a new laptop.
Closed Thread