Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

About weight - I lost 30 lbs in about 1 year. Then, I hung out at around 155 for the next 3 years. In October of 2010, I changed my exercise routine. After that, I got down to 147 lbs. I have been at 147 for the last 3 weeks. I would REALLY love to lose this next 2 lbs - make my total loss an even 40 lbs. As I do not seem to be able to change my eating more than I already have, I guess my only hope is to up my exercise again.

This week I plan to get to the gym and exercise for at least 1 hour every day. Let's see if I can get to 145 by next Sunday.

Lynn
Old 02-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #377  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good luck on this Lynn...I was just thinking this morning I'd have to do something different too. I took my 1st Freebie on my Blue team today. I can't get off this plateau and I haven't cheated on my food at all. The only difference between you and me is that you're diligent about exercising and I hate it. I wish we lived in town, then I'd go to Curves. I went one summer and loved it but dropped out when the roads got icy.
Quote:
I would REALLY love to lose this next 2 lbs
I'm going to have DH get our ski's down from the garage wafters, maybe I'll get back to that. I've just gotten so lazy.
I missed church again today, last Sunday we had a white-out blizzard and today we're snowed in after much snow yesterday. DH is out with the snow blower now.....we have to make an attempt to visit his mom, haven't been there for two weeks.
More snow tonight, is spring really around the corner?
To all the Golden Girls, have a great day.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hang on Bobbi--- Spring is coming!! We're getting ready to go to church this morning then my nephew has his first birthday party this afternoon. If we go--I am refusing a piece of cake or any goodies!! Just give me some coffeee and I'll be fine!!

Be back later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg feb 27.jpg (22.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #379  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Quick check in....
Glad you've returned to us, KarenMO. Computers suck, basically... but, then, you know that! Congrats on your continuing weight loss! And to you, too, Lynn!

Lyn, I've gone through all the Jan Karon Dr. Tim books. I buy them for Granny/Mom and have to read them before I give them to her! She swears there are more, but I haven't found them.

My friend just called me to say that the first Stephanie Plum movie will be released in July.... and they've cast Katherine Heigl as Stephanie! Eiuuuuuuu, I just can't see that. Should be interesting! Should we plan a Golden Girls gathering to watch it???

No news. Hope you're all having a warm, dry, and safe day! Spring is coming!!!

Last edited by jess1; 02-27-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #380  

Height: 5'3"

Huh...I posted last night but don't see it. My internet is very poor in this area I think because the RVs are so close together where we are parked. I get tired of waiting for it to process, so guess that post just never got through.

My dh went over the clubhouse last night and I stayed home and read and watched tv a little. I go to bed about 9 in the RV as I get bored watching TV.

My weight was up .2 lbs this morning. I consider Sunday my weekly weigh-in so was disappointed but not surprised. I have gotten badly off-plan last few days. Hope I can get back on-track before I gain more.

At least it doesn't look (or sound!) so windy today and the sun is shining. We are going to church this am, so will be going for our walk soon.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:28 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hello all....This is my horoscope for today. sighhhhhhhh.

"How hard you must work to achieve your purpose, dear Leo! It's as though you are carrying around an overstuffed sandbag and each step costs you a hugh effort! This would be a good day to identify the source of the trouble. Ask yourself whether or not you are sabotaging yourself because your unconscious is resisting the goals you've set so deliberately, You have a deep inner mystery to solve."

After reading that I wanted to go back to bed and stay under the covers. The truth hurts!

karen3
Old 02-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
Darn internet connections! Like KarenMO on Friday, I was unable to get online on Saturday! I have one of those wireless devices you plug in to the USB port on your computer (probably the same kind of thing Mary uses when traveling). It connects like a cell phone, & uses the same towers for signal. It’s my only option, other than dial-up, where I live. You’d think I live out in the middle of nowhere, but that’s not it. I think it’s just because there are only 10 residences on this little dirt road, it’s not worth it to the cable company to run the lines, or the phone company to provide DSL. Anyway, for the last two weeks, I’ve been using a new “pay-as-you-go” one (cheaper, by $40 a month, than what I had before, & no long term commitment). It started out working ok, but now….!!! I might have to go back to the old one, & it wasn’t that great.

That’s enough ranting! I’m not even going to try to catch up with everyone, hope the ones I miss will forgive me, but who knows how long this thing will let me stay online! Except for the internet thing, I’m in a really good mood today. Yesterday, we were out getting some things we needed, & I convinced SO to stop at one of the thrift stores I like. I even got him to park a couple of blocks away, so we could get a little walking in. They were having a half price sale on clothes, so I got 2 pairs of jeans - size 12’s & they fit! (& both for $4.00). That made me happy. Today I’m happy because we’re going to the Chinese buffet place for dinner! It’s a fine line we walk, between loving to eat, & loving being able to wear smaller sizes! Oh, & it’s really pretty here today - sunny & in the 70’s! I’m so sorry so many of you are still having cold, wintery weather, but, SPRING IS COMING!

Bobbi & KarenFL, Olestra doesn’t seem to have any effect on me (sometimes I wish it would!). Chinese food used to get me, & I sort of welcomed the “cleaning-out”, but even it doesn’t do that anymore. TMI?!

Zoe, don’t worry, I’m not about to let myself get “too comfortable”. I’ve also been down that road way too many times! But, as I think others here have mentioned, maintaining seems to require as much, if not more, effort, as losing. I might just focus on that for awhile, then see if I can push myself a little farther (sort of like what Lynn has done). Right now I’m just not willing to up my exercise, or eat less, but re-gaining is not an option! Oh, yesterday I was down half a pound, not up, yay! I have to keep reminding myself that during the week, when I get up & weigh at 4:30AM, I weigh 2 or 3 lbs. more than on Saturday morning, when I sleep in and weigh at around 9:30AM. I knew that! That’s why I made Saturday my official weigh-in day!

KarenFL, I LOVE that you called curling up with your book “doing a NancyNC”. you really know me, huh! Speaking of books, Lyn, I love Jan Karon’s Mitford books. I think I’ve read all of them, except maybe the most recent one - I’ll have to check. Did you know she’s from this area, & lives in Blowing Rock, NC? That’s about 50 miles from here.

KarenMO, congrats on the 1.8 lbs., you’re just really hanging in there! Yay!

Seems I was quite long-winded today. I’d better try & post this now, if I can. I’ve already been knocked off-line twice while typing this. Good thing you ladies taught me to do it on my word processor!
NCNancy
Old 02-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

This morning my friend and I went to a sculpture garden to take photos of “organic with geometric.” She is taking the photography course with me. Took LOTS of great photos.

It is a BEAUTIFUL day here today – sunny and around 50 – makes me believe Spring might actually come this year!

About TV – I stopped watching American Idol when Simon left. He was my favorite part of the show. I was sorry to see Jess go from Biggest Loser. I REALLY liked him. I am watching Amazing Race – so far, I do not have a favorite.
Has anyone seen “An Idiot Abroad?” It tickles my weird funny bone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good luck on this Lynn...I was just thinking this morning I'd have to do something different too. I took my 1st Freebie on my Blue team today. I can't get off this plateau and I haven't cheated on my food at all. The only difference between you and me is that you're diligent about exercising and I hate it. I wish we lived in town, then I'd go to Curves. I went one summer and loved it but dropped out when the roads got icy.
Hi Bobbi,
I actually have not been doing as well with my exercising as I had been. Training for this ½ marathon has messed me up. This week, I will get back on track. I just know that I cannot eat any less than I have been. I think that I am below 1,000 calories on most days. If I am to lose, it will have to be with upping my exercise.
When I was young, I could go on semi-starvation diets. I can’t do this anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Spring is coming!! We're getting ready to go to church this morning then my nephew has his first birthday party this afternoon. If we go--I am refusing a piece of cake or any goodies!! Just give me some coffeee and I'll be fine!!
Hi Karen,
Good luck avoiding those goodies. Let us know how you do. Hopefully, they will have stuff that you don’t like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post

I've gone through all the Jan Karon Dr. Tim books. I buy them for Granny/Mom and have to read them before I give them to her! She swears there are more, but I haven't found them.
My friend just called me to say that the first Stephanie Plum movie will be released in July.... and they've cast Katherine Heigl as Stephanie! Eiuuuuuuu, I just can't see that. Should be interesting! Should we plan a Golden Girls gathering to watch it???
Hi Donna,
My new favorite mystery writer – Tana French – did an interesting thing with her “series.” It is about police officers in Dublin. Each of the 3 books in the series has a different officer as the main character. I REALLY like her writing. Good characters as well as good stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
My weight was up .2 lbs this morning. I consider Sunday my weekly weigh-in so was disappointed but not surprised. I have gotten badly off-plan last few days. Hope I can get back on-track before I gain more.
Hi Mary,
I don’t even keep track of the tenths of pounds any more. I focus on whole numbers and don’t really trust those unless they are the same for a week or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Hello all....This is my horoscope for today. sighhhhhhhh.
"How hard you must work to achieve your purpose, dear Leo! It's as though you are carrying around an overstuffed sandbag and each step costs you a hugh effort! This would be a good day to identify the source of the trouble. Ask yourself whether or not you are sabotaging yourself because your unconscious is resisting the goals you've set so deliberately, You have a deep inner mystery to solve."
After reading that I wanted to go back to bed and stay under the covers. The truth hurts!
karen3
Hi Karen,
I found a different horoscope for you for today –
Sunday, Feb 27, 2011
Feelings of tenderness and love, especially for family or children, are very strong at this time. You want to shower loved ones with affection, to invite friends into your home, and to be pampered and cared for. Your relationships with women are very harmonious and positive now

http://www.homepagers.com/daily/leo.html
I like this one better.

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 02-27-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #384  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Donna, you posted while was typing. (And Mary & KarenFL) Boy I type slow! And, I did stop a few times to do other things. And I got knocked off-line a THIRD TIME, while trying to post! (Mary, you probably know what I’m dealing with here!) Katherine Heigl as Stephanie Plum?!! She seems way too “sweet”, & sort of clueless. She’s going to have to be an awful good actress to be at all convincing. I do look forward to seeing who they cast in the male roles, & as Lula!! I found a list of Jan Karon’s Father Tim books on Wikipedia. Here it is. I was right, I haven’t read the latest, I’ll have to check the library.

The Mitford Years Series: In publication order
At Home in Mitford, published 1994
A Light in the Window, published 1995
These High, Green Hills, published 1996
Out to Canaan, published 1997
A New Song (novel), published 1999
A Common Life: the Wedding Story, published 2001
In This Mountain, published 2002
Shepherds Abiding, published 2003
Light from Heaven, published 2005. This is the
last of the nine books in this series.

The Father Tim Novels:
Home to Holly Springs, published October 30, 2007.
In the Company of Others, release date October 2010.

Her Christmas gift books are:
The Mitford Snowmen, published 2001
Esther's Gift: a Mitford Christmas Story, published 2002.

KarenFL, you get back out of that bed! We all know you can do anything you set your mind to! And who pays attention to horoscopes, anyway?

Gotta go get ready for the Chinese restaurant. Yay!
JUST GOT KNOCKED OFF-LINE FOR THE FOURTH TIME!!!!!!
Hey Lynn! Much better horoscope for KarenFL! Now I've really got to go!
NCNancy
Old 02-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #385  

Height: 5'3"

Here I am again. Not much else to do today. We did get our walk in....think we walked about 28 min. We try for 30.

Dh had to work on the water filter and it is plugged so we are going to Walmart this afternoon to get another one. It will be good to go somewhere at least. A few days ago we planned to stay out one more week to be sure about the weather going over the mountains, but now my dh said he wants to go home. Hopefully the weather will be ok. We have so much on our minds that we have to take care of taxes, possibly selling RV (still not sure) and this new financial issue we have been left with with...it is a house we either have to sell quickly (at a loss!) or rent. The house is in AZ so it will not be easy doing all this long-distance but I am hoping to be able to at least get somethings done from home and then we will have to make another trip down to finalize things.

Having a hard time understanding my bs. It's been so high recently...higher than ever. Most of the time it's either my timing of my test (I forget sometimes and do at wrong time) or what I eat, other times I eat right, test at right time and still high so I figure my diabetes is getting worse. But this am I had oatmeal with cooked 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/4 xlarge apple, and 1/2 cup FF milk, plus 1 slice bacon, and 2 T unsweetened applesauce. I had 1/2 t. cinnamon on the oatmeal. When I added it all up I realized I had gone over 10 g carbs. My rising bs was high 169 but 2 hrs after my breakfast my bs was diabetic normal. Just barely but it was within the parameters. I expected it to be high ...so wondering why...maybe the protein, or the cinnamon or both Suppose I should join the thread on dieting with diabetes but I have enough trouble posting to one right now.

Lynn - I have never watched a whole show of American Idol. Don't know why just can't get into it. On Survivor, I like Russell usually but am not sure how he's going to do this season. I think he is coming on too strong too early and that country boy may just send him to Redemption Island. I was sorry they sent Matt to the RI as I liked him but it may turn out in his favor, you never know.

When I read the website (before the season started) I remember it saying that one of the quirks of this season was that Rob and Russell could not be eliminated until after 7 weeks, but I have not heard them say that since the show began. I know that most people seem to hate Russell but to me he has really made for good entertainment the past two seasons, but only time will tell this season. Rob is good looking and a smooth talker. I think he is playing much better than he did the last time, but I have never really liked him. I find his coniving ways more offensive than Russell's because he is so smoothly deceitful whereas Russell is so obviously a rascal and I like watching the twinkle in his eyes when he's lying and pulling someone his way. The little gnome. Just my opinion. I realize we all have our favorites. My favorite on Amazing Race would be the Cowboys but they sure didn't play well in the first show. Hope they do much better from now on.
I haven't seen the show you mentioned.

On another couple shows I have recently discovered and like pretty well are:
Harry's Law and The Defenders.

I don't usually pay much attention to the tenths of a pound either Lynn...but I mentioned it because it meant I not only didn't lose at all but even gained a bit! Frustrating...but I know it 's me...I am still not consistently OP. You do so well, I just get too hungry to eat so little. I try to get as much fiber as I can but recently have had trouble with that. Also I like a lot of variety in my eating. It helps if you can eat about the same all the time I think. Think I read that somewhere too.

I enjoy exercise, buy I need someone or something to spur me on. At home I usually take classes as the social part seems to help. I enjoy walking with someone with whom I can chat (dh doesn't talk much) and where I can see interesting things (this part is fine in the RV parks). I like weight lifting but again I prefer a class or I get bored easily. Need to get back to my 25 reps a night, Bobbie. I admire you guys who are so disciplined.

Well almost lunch time so better get off this computer.

Last edited by maryea; 02-27-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #386  

I'm back....out from under! Thanks Lynn like that horoscope much better. How much fun to be taking the course with a buddy.

Last edited by Karen3; 02-27-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #387  

Darn pc has a ghost or goblin...It just posted itself. And this is a BrightHouse set up. Whole house is wired for cable, phone and internet. Spent 20 yrs with a dish and loving the cable. Wind blows and cable stays.....except when it rains and the palm fonds fall on the lines.....see nothing is perfect.

Jan Karais' Mitford books. I listened to them on tapes. Our library in Md had them all and it was wonderful listening to them the 50 miles each way I drove. They also had Stephen King's "The Green Mile"....when I went to get the last tape it was missing......and they didn't have the books.

Mary...Cinnamon is supposed to lower bs. That may be what happened. Problem here with cinnamon is we use it on the wrong things...like apple pie!

Donna....Stephanie Plum should kinda be like that Theresa on NJ House Wives. Loud mouth with lots of make up and self awareness. And a real jursey accent. Lived in that area many years ago and Chambersburg is really a burg!
It's a small town inside a city.

Made a tub of fresh fruit again for Dh.....yeah that tub! Have to watch his bs this week and see if they stay as good.

Need to figure out what to do for dinner. Have choice, stuffed flank steak or grouper fillets....Wish the cook would just do dinner....in my next life!

Bobbi....Did you ski?

Spring is coming....its 84 for right now and i promise to push it all North. Remember come August/Sept/Oct when am worried about hurricanes.....every area gets some nasty stuff

later....karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 02-27-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #388  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning and Yipee, tomorrow is March 1st. (I set up the March Golden Girls) I have never had such a boring 4 months as this year. So much snow, have cabin fever. No Karen, we didn't get out skiing yesterday because we went to MIL to visit. Today I have a dentist appointment at 1:00, teeth cleaning. We plan on going after we get back. This morning it's 6 below zero and I don't want my nose froze off. Later Gator!
I just edited this, did 17 minutes on my new old bags work-outs. It went good, I liked her work outs.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-28-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #389  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! I did really well at the party yesterday. I had a very small (paper thin) slice of cheese and a glass of tea! No cake or other goodies! I really surprised myself!! Just thought that I would pop in here this morning and say HI and now I need to get my wii workout in-- my aunt needs me to take her to a Dr. appt. this afternoon. Still waiting for her insurance company to do something about her car!! She isn't very happy with them.
I'll catch you later. Have a great day!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #390  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Good (icky) morning, Golden folk! Heavy, icy rain, here. I know I’m just thrilled. Karen3, Please, please, PLEASE with sugar on top, send us some spring! Oh, yeah. I changed my avatar pic again. The summery one was just too much of a tease. Better I should be realistic and show myself in tweeds and scarf, which is, of course, what one must wear in these parts if one is to avoid frostbite. Oh, I stopped reading horoscopes years ago. I think it was when one of them told me that my current (now ex) husband was the “love of my life”. More like bane of my existence. Much as my (now) dh sometimes overwhelms me with his constant presence and attentiveness, it’s about a zillion times better than the way the ex was.
Lots of spin-outs on the roadways today, lots of fools trying to drive 80 mph despite slippery conditions. I’m an 80mph gal myself when the weather is clear (if you don’t keep up with the traffic flow, they’ll run you right off the ‘pike!) but maintained an even 60 today in the middle lane, and stayed safe if a bit late. Who cares? Certainly not me. I’ve just come one month closer to retirement – 10 to go. I can do it; especially with some nice breaks along the way – vacation time, some *sick* (and tired) days, holidays, and 3 judiciously scheduled personal days. Roughly, I have 189 days left to actually work. (Would have to double-check my math to be absolutely sure of accuracy) which is just a tad over a half a year. I’d love to say, “Heck! I can do THAT standing on my head!”…but I don’t really think so. I know it will actually go by pretty fast, because time in general seems to fly these days, but it’s not so much the time in general as the minute-to-minute, and hour-to-hour tedium at work. I will be absolutely thrilled to NEVER write another proposal again once I leave this job, but THEN, I may want to accept a few consulting gigs, which could supplement my retirement funds rather nicely. Maybe after I’ve taken a few months to travel around OR to just lie in my bed until noon every day if I feel like it. Maybe not. I guess that can remain on my T/B/D list.
Okay, my breakfast today is a snack baggie filled with blueberries (I don’t know where our grocery markets are getting them this time of year, but they’ve had lots over the past two or three weeks – big, beautiful and sweet.) AND another baggie with a cup and a half of the Fiber One frosted shredded mini-wheat cereal. It’s really yummy. Hardly feels like I’m cutting back, but I most definitely am; I’ve made up my mind (again) and I’m not going to play around anymore with this. Winter depression (and eating) is officially giving way to “get ready for spring, no matter how depressing it is out there!” Plus, since my heart & lungs are apparently in good shape, I can’t use all my shortness of breath and fatigue symptoms as excuses anymore. It’s looking rather annoyingly that my symptoms MUST be the result of my own inactivity and overeating. I don’t know what the point is of the stress test at this point, but we’ll see how that goes.
4 below zero, Bobbi? Omigawd. That is simply inhumane. You have a very NICE nose….by all means, don’t freeze it off!
Hope you enjoyed your Chinese food, Nancy! And, I didn’t mean to lecture you, you know. (Hope it didn’t seem like that). I just know SO danged well what happens when you start feeling like you’re finished and can start acting/eating “normally” again. Unfortunately, “normal” for people like me is just way too much! You just keep up the good work, and don’t pay any attention to me, you hear?
Are you going to post some of your organic/geometric shots, Lynn? I’d love to see them!
Karen31, that thermometer hitting 64 degrees made me downright green with envy. Just one more reason for me to ask myself WHY I am still living in New England A.K.A. “the frigid northeast”.
Lyn, you seem far too active to be holding onto those pounds! Maybe you’re weighing at the wrong time? Seems like you might be seeing water weight? I’m no expert of course, but I’m wondering if you could be retaining water? Might be something to consider.
Hey Sherry…glad you’re back on track. Me too. Let’s stick to it now, okay?
PT, why is it that there are SO many great ideas for making ex’s miserable now that mine’s been gone for 10 years? I would’ve loved doing some of this stuff to that nogoodnick. I had to content myself with cleaning out the bank accounts and neatly packing up his belongings (left them out on the front porch because I had the locks changed on the house while he was at work) in such a way (SO neatly) that he couldn’t see that all his ties had been cut in half, all his suit jackets were cut horizontally at about waist height, his pants all had the flies cut out, his shirts were all cut in half….oh, my….I could just go on and on, but you get the idea. Of course I would never do such a thing now that I have become such a mature and level-headed person , but back then I was pretty enraged, let me tell you. Shrimp shells in the curtain rods is just SO fabby; of course the only problem with that is that he moved out; not me.
Hey Freda, Gayle, Mary, Bunti….hope you all have a terrific week!
Rosey, where are you?
Okay, over and out,

Z
Closed Thread