Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #361  

Morning everyone..its really windy out today but not to cold. if i ever eat another cookie please bonk me in the head. i spent most of the nite in the bthrm ugh it so wasnt worth it,but the scale said -2# i'll take that! my house needs blessing again,dishes and laundry..wheres my fairy house keeping lady hope your days great rosey
Old 02-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
Stopped in early, because my internet connection seems to be working ok, for a change. Thought I better take advantage of it, while I can. Zoe, as I was scrolling through the posts, I saw your avatar pic, & thought, “Whoa, who’s the new hot chick?!”. I backed up, & it was you! Wow! You look like a movie star.

SO made it through his first whole week back at work with no problems, except being tired. I’m relieved, as I was afraid it might be too soon. I guess I’m starting to get back to my old routine. I managed to get 7 hours of sleep again last night, plus an hour nap after SO left for work, so I’m feeling pretty good. Still wanting to eat all the time, but am managing to distract myself, catching up on things I let slide while SO was home. I think I might have gained a pound or two this week (weigh-in tomorrow), but I’m trying not to let it get me down. I’m still smaller than I ever thought I’d be, so maybe I should try to be happy with just maintaining for awhile?

Rosey, so sweet of you to make cookies for your DH. He deserves to be pampered a little after all he’s been through. And it’s great that he feels like eating. It’s a shame though, that you had to suffer for eating one little cookie! But, 2 pounds down, Yay!

KarenFL, sorry about your back. Sure hope it’s better today! Did I really hear you say you don’t really like chocolate?!!!

Lynn, nice photos. I’m glad you’re sharing them with us. I’d like to take a photography class sometime. I love taking pictures, but they hardly ever turn out like I want.

Gayle, I overcame most of my craving for potato chips by only eating Pringle’s fat free ones. I like the taste, but something about them (maybe the Olestra?) makes me not want to eat very many, even though I tell myself I can eat as many as I want (the calories aren’t that bad). I’ve got a can of them that I bought about 2 months ago (in case of a potato chip emergency - I try to be prepared), but haven’t even opened them.

Time to fix supper. Might check back later, if my internet connection will let me.
NCNancy
Old 02-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #363  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Nancy...I tried those chips once, geezzzzz......I just about blew myself out of the house! It's also a good way for me to drop a couple of pounds, if you know what I mean.
I found this joke on another thread, I'd read it before but laughed all over again.

Quote:
The best divorce letter ever

I'm writing you this letter to tell you that I'm leaving you forever. I've been a good man to you for 7 years & I have nothing to show for it. These last 2 weeks have been ****. Your boss called to tell me that you quit your job today & that was the last straw.
Last week, you came home & didn't even notice I had a new haircut, had cooked your favorite meal & even wore a brand new pair of silk boxers. You ate in 2 minutes, & went straight to sleep after watching all of your soaps.
You don't tell me you love me anymore; you don't want sex or anything that connects us as husband & wife. Either you're cheating on me or you don't love me anymore; whatever the case, I'm gone.
Your EX-Husband
P.S. don't try to find me. Your SISTER & I are moving away to West Virginia
together!
Have a great life!
---
Dear Ex-Husband,
Nothing has made my day more than receiving your letter. It's true you & I have been married for 7 years, although a good man is a far cry from what you've been. I watch my soaps so much because they drown out your constant whining & griping. Too bad that doesn't work.
I DID notice when you got a hair cut last week, but the 1st thing that came to mind was 'You look just like a right tit!' Since my mother raised me not to say anything if you can't say something nice, I didn't comment. And when
you cooked my favorite meal, you must have gotten me confused with MY SISTER, because I stopped eating pork 7 years ago.
About those new silk boxers: I turned away from you because the £49.99 price tag was still on them, and I prayed it was a coincidence that my sister had just borrowed £50 from me that morning.
After all of this, I still loved you & felt we could work it out. So when I hit the lotto for 10 million pounds, I quit my job & bought us 2 tickets to Jamaica But when I got home you were gone.
Everything happens for a reason, I guess. I hope you have the fulfilling life you always wanted. My lawyer said that the letter you wrote ensures you won't get a penny from me. So take care.
Signed,
Your EX-Wife, Rich As ****, Freeeee!
P.S. I don't know if I ever told you this, but my sister Carla was born Carl. I hope that's not a problem for you!
Old 02-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #364  

Height: 5'1"

Good Evening golden/sisters,

Would you believe we got more snow last night? 2 more inches to add insult to injury! I worked last night and had to work at Curves this morning so I was out in the mist of it all. got the new SUV 2 days ago and still not used to all the buttons and stuff that my other old car didn't have. onstar, bluetooth, payradio. Last night my DGD called my husband and started asking DH questions about it, how much did it cost, what was the color, how much did we get for trade in...She's 7. Her did told her "you don't ask papa questions like that" She said "ok, i'll wait untill mema comes home, she tells me everything". I'm really happy that she thinks she can ask me anything and I'll tell her the truth.

Z, Hope the stress stest turns out well, and you start getting some answers to all those tests. BTW, the picture looks great, pretty lady.

Gayle, I agree with you. maybe eating at a certain time might help you lose more, or more quickly, but getting the exercise is the important thing. Do what makes it more likely for you to get out there.

Lynn, good pictures. I tend to cut heads off or put a thumb in front of the lens or make things blurry.

Mary, Sorry about the problems with your family. They can hurt us much more than strangers any day.

Rosie, Looks like you got a full case of "dumping" with the cookie. Eventually you will be able to eat some sweets, just not a lot. hard way to lose weight! But, congrats on the 2 lbs.

Nancy, You mentioned one of the reasons I don't like DH home all the time. I just can't seem to get some things done.

Karen, Hope your back feels better soon.

Donna, Did you get your aaunt in to see the ortho guy yet? I talked to the lady at Curves this morning that had the inj. and she said it was still working great.

Bobbi, Liked the joke. Justice is sweet!

Everyone, Hope your weather is better than it is here!

Freda
Old 02-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #365  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, All...
Just came from a meeting, which means that my nerves are frayed, and I'm in total RUDE mode! One guy hijacked the meeting for the first 40 minutes and said NOTHING. The inane blather makes me CRAZY and uses up my entire cache of good manners, breeding, and patience. Blech!

Anyway...

Freda, no, Granny/Mom's ortho appointment is on Wednesday coming up. Did your friend from Curves mention if the injections are painful? I hate to inflict more pain on the poor old girl!

Lynn, those pictures were really good. Thanks for sharing them!

KarenFL, your tip might be a good one for me, since I'm not a chocolate lover, either! In fact, I had one of those big bars of dark chocolate in my refrigerator for so long it turned to dust. A little bite might be enough to take off the edge. Don't panic, NCNancy! I get migraines from chocolate. Skittles are my main vice!!

KarenMO telephoned me this morning to tell me that her internet has been out since last evening and that she's fine, still loves us, and hasn't disappeared. See, everyone, it's GOOD to have contact numbers for each other!

PT/Zoe, your new picture is fab-u-lous, dahlin'! It's really good. You look happy and perky and gorgeous!

Bobbi, you haven't mentioned the headaches for a long time. Dare we say they're a thing of the past?

Rosey, my girl.... good news from that big ol' dumb scale!

Nothing much else. I hope you're all warm and dry. It looks like the NE is getting hammered again, so be safe, everyone!

Last edited by jess1; 02-25-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....Doing that same happy dance! 1st again. Winning is great fun, but actually just having high scores off a pair made my day. Condescending snobs and we creamed the 2 of them. No gloating at the table but home here....YES! Sometimes I don't think I'm out of grade school.

Lynn...pictures are interesting...

Zoe...Another week until the stress test. Get thy self to a tanner. And 2 weeks after the test daylight savings starts and what 3 weeks until Spring. Then the juice will start to flow and your engery level with rebound. Mean while fill up on twinies hugs.

Rosey....ugh on eating and revisiting the same cookies....but you are in the2's yeah!

NancyNC...I forgot about Olestra. Like Bobbi it is like Grant thru Richmond. But i have been having an constant belly ache and thinking about Olestra reminded me that neutrasweet also bothers me. And Dh made the last pitcher with crystal lite ...thanks, i'll even pore this last glass out.

Bobbi....funny joke.

Freda....Sorry for the nasty weather. The national weather map has looked awful recently. Bet you are bushed tonight.

Gotta figure out something to do this weekend. Too much sitting home fooling with the computer. Think I'll have Dh take me for a boat ride tomorrow. Just as long as it isn't a 6 hr trip...he's done that to me before.

night all...sweet dreams.karen3
Old 02-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #367  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening,

Almost time for bed here. Work tomorrow and Sunday.

Well, I walked 4 out of 5 possible days and rode my granny cycle on 3 days. Hope to keep up the walking trend. When the hot weather starts, that may help me to get in the routine of walking before eating, as I will be wanting to get that walk in before it gets too hot.

Did a lot of puttery mending/altering stuff today, so didn't spend as much time on the computer. But feel good about all the various things I got done.

Well, guess I'd better get off and head to bed.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Take care
Old 02-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #368  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Awwww, thanx for the "attagirls" re: my new avatar pic. I just needed a boost (badly), and when you suffer like I do from SAD, thoughts of sunny times are what gets you through the grayness. I REALLY needed a reminder that winter isn't the only season around here. Pretty hard to believe, though. We've been inundated by snowstorms, frigid temperatures and treacherous driving conditions forever, it seems. Today we actually had torrential rains that melted away some of the snow, and then guess what....it snowed again tonight! Not too much, by the looks of it, but snow is snow (whimper, whimper...).
VERY good going with the walking and biking, Gayle. I think you're getting in the groove, now. Once it turns into habit, you've got it beat.
Good advice as always, Karen3. Yup. Those twinnie hugs make up for a LOT of gray. I'm seriously thinking tanning bed. A little teensy tiny bit concerned about the UV rays and all, but heck...I brown up out in the natural sun all summer long...can't do much more damage than that, can I? Congrats Ms. Bridge Champion of the world! You are one winning woman!
PT, did I miss something? What meeting are you just coming from? Hah! If it's even remotely like the ones we have at work, no WONDER you're in rude mode. After I've sat through one, I'm ready to chew nails and spit 'em out.
Freda, those grandbabies are precious, aren't they? And wow, that sounds like some car! All those toys? Yikes! I wouldn't have a clue what to do with them!
Rosey, the woman at work who had the surgery says that she's lost @ 36% of the weight she needs to lose in three months. She says average, according to her doctor, is a little better than 30%, so you are actually BOTH ahead of the curve. Good going on the additional 2 pounds, and bummer about the cookie. Hope you can eventually have one once in a while. Life requires the occasional cookie, I always say. (Of course, I always ACTUALLY say a half dozen cookies, but that's only when I'm in my "who gives a dang?" mode.)
Bobbi, that letter was sooooooo perfect. I know you've never been divorced, but trust me when I tell you that those of us who have, have DREAMED of being able to send a letter like that. "I won the lottery, and see ya later, gator!" Oh, YEAH!
Nancy, I swear, you really know how to cheer a person up! It's just the glasses. The "movie star" look, I mean. The truth is that I look like a prune with a mop on it's head, but I flat out don't care. Come summer, I am on the beach whenever I can get there...grew up on the ocean, and don't feel right when I'm too far away. If I turn to leather, so be it. Oh, honey, take it from me...you look great at your present weight, but don't let yourself get too comfortable. That way lies disaster. Been there, done that, and always find myself gaining back too much (like now) and having to fight to get it off again. Better to stay on top of things before you start to slide. In the end, it's the easier road to take.
Lynn, you're no older than I am, and if you had to make the commute every day, you'd adapt. (I'm glad you don't have to, though, and I'll be glad, too, when I don't have to).
Mary? I'm figuring to get to my virgin pounds, I'd have to go back to my childhood!
Hiya Lyn...hope your weather's going to be better than ours this weekend! Hi Bunti & Tea, and Hi Karen31! (We're glad you got a message to Donna that you're okay. I was wonderin'...)
Off to beddie-bye for this ole' chick.

Z
Old 02-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #369  
Donna

Good Morning, All....
Had a good sleep last night and am feeling very nice and calm!

PT/Zoe, the meeting was just some stupid thing that happens every once in a while with my business. As soon as I walked in and saw this particular guy draped over his chair, I knew we were in for it! He thinks he's God's gift. He's wrong.

I read Bobbi's "divorce letter" and could only think that I hope they're already divorced, because otherwise she's going to have to split that lottery money with her soon-to-be ex and his tart! My favorite revenge story is the one about the woman who put fish in the drapery rods in the house that the husband demanded for himself and his tart. That was good for some out-loud guffaws!

I hope it's warmer today. My hands are so tired of aching!

Everyone, have a good weekend! Later.........! Be warm, dry, and SAFE!

Last edited by jess1; 02-26-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #370  
Donna

CURTAIN RODS:
She spent the first day packing her belongings into boxes, crates and suitcases.
On the second day, she had the movers come and collect her things.
On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining room table by candle-light, put on some soft background music, and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar and a bottle of spring-water. When she had finished, she went into each and every room and deposited a few half-eaten shrimp shells dipped in caviar into the hollow of the curtain rods. She then cleaned up the kitchen and left...

When the husband returned with his new girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few days. Then slowly, the house began to smell. They tried everything; cleaning, mopping and airing the place out. Vents were checked for dead rodents and carpets were steam cleaned. Air fresheners were hung everywhere. Exterminators were brought in to set off gas canisters, during which they had to move out for a few days and in the end they even paid to replace the expensive wool carpeting. Nothing worked!!!
People stopped coming over to visit. Repairmen refused to work in the house. The maid quit. Finally, they could not take the stench any longer and decided to move. A month later, even though they had cut their price in half, they could not find a buyer for their stinky house. Word got out and eventually even the local realtors refused to return their calls. Finally, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to purchase a new place.

The ex-wife called the man and asked how things were going. He told her the saga of the rotting house. She listened politely and said that she missed her old home terribly and would be willing to reduce her divorce settlement in exchange for getting the house. Knowing his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed on a price that was about 1/10th of what the house had been worth, but only if she were to sign the papers that very day. She agreed and within the hour his lawyers delivered the paperwork.

A week later the man and his girlfriend stood smiling as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home ........ and to spite the ex-wife, they even took the curtain rods.

Last edited by jess1; 02-26-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #371  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Good Morning Ladies! there was a hilarious although slightly off colour joke postd to my facebook this am by a friend. so enjoy with no offence intended!
Why do men get circumcised??? Because a woman will grab anything that is 20% off!!!!!
Have a great day all
Old 02-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I'm Back!! YAY!! I don't know if I will ever get caught up with all the posts!!

Anyway, when I weighed yesterday I was down 1.8 pounds! I hope it continues!

We called Friday morning on the internet and we were told that that there was "trouble" in our area.. I went all day yesterday and no one came by or called and still had no internet. When I got up this morning and found we still didn't have internet I said I will call and find out something definite today!! I DID!! And to the tune of $100 I had to buy a new modem...and the trouble in our area---- wasn't even close to us!! Some people!! But I'm back and have so many emails, facebooks and here to catch up on! Missed everyone and thanks for caring so much..
Old 02-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #373  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Afternoon All - Not much new here.........it's still really cold still. And snowing a bit today (AGAIN!!). For all that have lost weight - YAHOO! For any that haven't...hang in there - next time! :vibe: I had a stressful week (not going to go into details-it's over now) & ate everything in sight for 3 days but am now back on track. I hope it won't affect my Tues. weigh in but with my luck, it will but I'll keep on plugging away. Thank goodness I have all of you for support, etc. THANK YOU! Went out for dinner & a great community play last night with 30 Crown Jewels gals (formerly red hat society). Way too much fun! I felt soooo much better after laughing all evening. Friends do that to you, eh? Love the divorce stories & "sale" joke! Everyone have a great evening....ttyl
Old 02-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all...Really quiet day. Took that boat ride around noon after icing self with a ton of spf50! Saw a couple of gators, lots of birds including one trying to open a snack cookie bag and the mullet were jumping. Dh was fine and we came back when I asked. No pink cheeks or tender spots. Usually see some wild hogs but only things wild were the partyers over across the river at the state park. Not even any manatee. Weather has been warm enough they don't need the spring water.

The neighbor across the street has rented his place out to a flock of lady kayakers.....they actually look like a bunch of Golden Girls. Been sitting watching them try and get organized every morning. Have no idea how I keep myself from going over there and just doing it for them. Hate dithering.....

After whining about the kindle I realized today I have downloaded 20 plus books.....erased several . They make it so easy. Next thing is twitter not!

3 Weeks from Monday is the first day of spring.....Zoe you can make it!

Gonna do a NancyNC and go curl up with my book....happy quiet weekend all...karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 02-26-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:53 PM   #375  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Smile

Hi GGs,

I was discouraged this am when I weighed in..up a couple pounds..must have been Bday cake and that batch of chocolate chip cookies I had the urge to make last Friday. Oh well, I did make it to the gym yesterday and today.

For all you joke-tellers - thanks for making me smile.

We did have a dusting of snow after a day of winds up to 70 mph yesterday and lots and lots of rain. Glad it wasn't all snow.

Can't really remember all the previous posts - but I know some of you have released more pounds!! Good for you.

Anyone read the Mitford series (Jan Karon) or the latest ones where Rev Tim goes back to his boyhood home? I know they're a bit sentimental, but I was in the mood and am into the one called Back to Holly Springs. It made me tear up in spots. Of course, my DH kids me because I cry at Hallmark comercials too.

DH is watching Jeapordy and I'm waiting to put a movie in the DVD player. Don't even know what Netflix we have yet...just want to put up my feet and veg for a bit. We took 2 loads of stuff to the dump today...between that and the gym I'm pooped.

Well, bye for now chickies.

Lyn
Closed Thread