Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was my volunteer day & I got home exhausted. That hour-each-way commute is too much for me.

"Design" photos are those where the subject of the photo is not the focus. In general, there are angles or curves, light and shadow, few objects in the photo. Sometimes, they are focused on a small section of an object.

After tomorrow's class, I will upload whichever ones she thinks are best.

Today is lunch and a movie with my DF.

Check back this evening.

Lynn
Old 02-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #347  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Thank you Bobbi for the info
Old 02-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Gayle, I have heard it both ways so I think whatever works for you is the best. I always get up and eat my breakfast first and then workout. They say that you should wait at least about 30 to 45 minutes after a workout before you eat anything. Sometimes I have an apple other times I just wait until I am hungry afterwards. The "burn" is supposed to continue working for about an hour or so after you stop your exercise. So I really think it is whatever works for you. This works for me. I wouldn't be so excited about working out on an empty stomach either..

Lynn, looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Ok--Need to get going and get my Wii done. It is pouring down rain here and 46 degrees! Sure hope that stops before I need to go and pick up my aunt.

Have a good day! And HI to everyone!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #349  
Want to feel better

Good morning all,

Copied this from Karen MO's Facebook this morning, but it applies here as well

Isn't it funny...how some of us have never met but, when I need help, you are there with a kind word. When I am in pain you care. If someone dies you send condolences, When it's my birthday "Happy Birthdays Wishes"! We share our families with each other. Life with my Golden Sisters is great! (Changed the last sentence for 3FC)

You all are wonderful ~ many thanks for your kindness and support

Last edited by glynne; 02-24-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #350  
Want to feel better

Good morning again,

I've been out for my walk. Ate part of my breakfast before I left. I think I will just keep doing as I have been doing and quit worrying about the shoulds and shouldn'ts. If I get too hung up on all the rules and it becomes difficult, I am apt not to do it. I still lost weight doing it the way I had been doing it. Maybe I won't lose as fast, but right now it is more important to me to just do it. Better to do it in some way than not to do it at all.

Ok, now on to the stuff I gotta do.

Be back later.

Take care
Old 02-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #351  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All....
The words of the day are "chocolate chip cookies"... and I've been drooling all morning! I'm restraining myself admirably from mixing up a batch, and this isn't quite the craving that Chinese food provides (the "gnaw the paint off the wall" type), but I'd sure like some!!! It might be a LONG day !

Lynn, thanks for describing the "design" shots, but I'm still unclear and so will very much like to see your photos when you're finished. Did you have to buy a new camera or were you able to get fixed the one that your kitties used as a basketball?

I am COLD today! The only thing I object to in winter is that my hands, specifically my right hand, ache all winter. It doesn't like cold. Neither do I... however, I like it better than that heat!

Nothing much to say. Everything seems calm. I do need to go and curl my hairs, just in case anyone wants me! Hope you're all well.

Everyone, warm, dry, and safe..........
Old 02-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #352  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! The last few days have been very stressful with family issues but today I have finally found peace about it all. A very dirty trick was pulled on us financially by a family member and we are left to take care of it. It will
affect our future for sometime. I was so upset but I'm ok about it now. I know it will work out somehow. I wonder if stress makes you lose weight...LOL...I'm keeping to my diet plan and losing steadily. Of course, no virgin pounds yet.

Let's talk about virgin pounds...just exactly what are they? I have been dieting for what seems forever and have been up and down a lot. Eight
years ago I got down to 145 lbs. and will never forget how good I felt!...but I have not been that low since. Even before that there were a few times in my 40s and 50s when I got down to 140....so how far down do I go to call them virgin? Right now my goal is to get back down to my sig weight of 158.

Karen3, no that jacket was black but it was beautiful. I don't want to buy it until I lose more weight. Congrats to those who are losing weight!

It is very windy today and the wind is quite cool. We plan on going to the street fair in Palm Springs tonight. We go there every time we are here. I just hope it will not be too cold tonight.

Because of the extra expense we now have we considered going home, but
the forecast is for snow and we won't cross the mountains until it's clear.

Ok,that's it for now...keep up the good work everyone and have a good evening.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #353  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
Well, I went right to bed last night, & was asleep by 9:00. When I got up at 4AM this morning, I was feeling pretty good. I guess that’s what I was needing - 7 straight hours of sleep. Now if I can just convince my body to go to sleep at 9PM every night.

I went & cleaned at my brother’s, & it was pretty much what I expected. I spent 5 hours on it (didn’t even stop for a drink of water), & then called it a day. It’s still not clean, but it’s a whole lot better. He’s happy, & has decided to go back to having me clean every other week. That’s a little extra money for me, & should keep it from getting this bad again. And, each time I can get it a little bit cleaner. He does try a little, Mom told me he went home last night & cleaned for a couple of hours, so it wouldn’t be quite as bad when I got there.

Gayle, Yay! for you on your 2 lb. weight release (you know, it just sounds strange to say it that way, maybe I should stop?). I think as long as you exercise, it’s still got to help, & good for you for keeping it up! And, as I think I’ve said before, I really think slow weight loss is best (& more maintainable!).

Donna, I sure am glad I ate right before I came here. Chocolate chip cookies & Chinese food, you HAD to mention both?! Hush your mouth girl!

Mary, so sorry for your “troubles”, but it’s great you’re staying OP. Hope things work out ok.

I’m going to go read awhile, before I put myself to bed. I’m already a little sleepy, so maybe I will be able to fall asleep at 9:00.
NCNancy
Old 02-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #354  

Yikes chocchip cookies..guess who baked a double batch with walnuts for her dh cuz he asked for them awwww gee that would be me..good thing i love him cuz its hard for me to do..they smell devine but must confess i ate one,only one small yummy warm and goey cookie and feel so guilty but i did it and own it..back on track! rosey
Old 02-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....am so weary. Spent the entire day at my desk getting everything ready for the tax guy. Had double duty cause had to do Nancy's estate, too. Hard to believe she lived 6 weeks in 2010 and I have file taxes. The brother who tried to undermine everything struck again. One bank sent the 1099 to her old address and he kept it thinked he get me in trouble. Hah, a simple phone call and it's all taken care of......Nice part about living in a small town.

Anyway sitting so long has killed my back. So back to ice is my friend. You'd think I'd remember that sitting doesn't work.....Duh!

Mary....I still have dreams about a soft gray/blue suede jacket. It was like butter at the Flemington Fur. The only thing more beautiful was a baby seal coat. No I won't wear it but it was beyond beautiful. I stood and petted the coat. Sorry that you have had some problems. But you won the challenge by not binging...good job.

Donna....get yourself a little bar of extra dark chocolate. If you have to have at least be good for your heart. I just looked and I still have 3/4 of the bar I got last summer. Looked to see if it was wiggling....guess I don't really like chocolate....Some one here does the gross self out picturing stuff....Like seeing those cookies with nasty stuff on them.....

Zoe....Isn't this the day she gets the results?

Just had a phone call from the drugstore robot. Had called in an Rx earlier and it was to be ready 2pm tomorrow. The Bot called back and said It's Ready. Hate myself when I start yelling at a robot.

Friend sent me a dessert recipe that includes apples crescent rolls and Mountian Dew....i'll tweek it and see if I can make it diet friendly. Some how mountian dew sounds interesting.....

Rosey...Don't you know just smelling the baking is full of calories. But they do make the house smell homey!

well back to my ice pack....some day my back will be all better...please????

karen3

The best is yet to come

Last edited by Karen3; 02-24-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #356  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Just a quick stop between bath and bed...omigosh, Lynn! What you said about an hour each way being too much for you! Just goes to further prove the theory of relativity, I guess. I found a quicker way to get to & from work, which has reduced my commute by a half hour, and possibly more, given that on heavy traffic days my commute could actually take two hours! This morning I was so amazed-delighted-awestruck because it "only" took me one hour exactly between my driveway at home and the parking lot at work. So, too much for you, but a welcome reduction in drive time for me! It felt like I had barely left home!
I will undoubtedly miss many of my dear sisters tonight, but my bed is calling my name ever so softly, and one foot is already headed in that direction.Please forgive.
No test results, Karen3, but another test ordered - this time a stress test on Friday the 4th. I hope they get to the bottom of this pretty darned soon....this is getting kind of nerve racking, to be perfectly honest. Sorry your back is acting up again! Jeesh!
Sorry to hear about the financial shenanigans, Mary. I don't think I could be quite so calm about it, myself.
Chocolate chip cookies, eh, PT? Now THERE'S something to think about as I lay in my bed wishing for one and knowing that it's about the last thing I need right about now....and after your comment, Rosey, I can just about SMELL them, too!
Love you all madly,

Z
Old 02-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #357  
Want to feel better

Good evening,

Well, I didn't get the stuff I had hoped to, done today. Sara called and wanted me to come over to her house. So, I went over and helped her. I'm glad I am here so I can do that. The other stuff can wait, and I love getting to spend time with her and the kids.

Corbin is here now ~ working on homework. We watched American Idol together ~ that was fun.

Ate some chips at Sara's, but didn't let it get out of hand, so hopefully I will be ok.

Hope you all are doing well.

Take care
Old 02-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #358  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

PS - I'm changing my avatar to a summer picture. It was taken when my sis came to visit last September. Happy times in the warm weather. I need spring!

Z
Old 02-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #359  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Just a quick stop between bath and bed...omigosh, Lynn! What you said about an hour each way being too much for you! Just goes to further prove the theory of relativity, I guess. I found a quicker way to get to & from work, which has reduced my commute by a half hour, and possibly more, given that on heavy traffic days my commute could actually take two hours! This morning I was so amazed-delighted-awestruck because it "only" took me one hour exactly between my driveway at home and the parking lot at work. So, too much for you, but a welcome reduction in drive time for me! It felt like I had barely left home!
Z
Hi Zoe,

I actually thought (guiltily) about you when I wrote that. I was so tired when I got home that I almost cancelled my next day's appt. with my DF for the next day. I felt like I would never be able to recoup my energy. Luckily, I just went to bed and did feel better the next day.

Either I am just not used to commuting/working or I am just too old to do it.

Stay warm and dry - I see you are getting another snow storm today.

Lynn
Old 02-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #360  

Here are some of my "design" photos.

Lynn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpTB2hVBAM.jpg (73.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Pearls.jpg (81.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Vines.jpg (76.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Stones.jpg (87.8 KB, 8 views)
Closed Thread