Old 04-18-2009, 06:31 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 231/220/180

Height: 5' 11"

Hi there. I just joined and you are the first person from Newfoundland and Labrador I've 'met'.
Eia Wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:07 AM   #167  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Eia Wa, can I buy a couple of inches off your height? I'd give my pinkie finger to be your height.
I have spring fever this morning because we worked outside all day yesterday pruning and cutting back winters dry plumage. I wanted to bring the deck furniture out but DH says to wait until he puts a sealer on first. DH, bless his heart is the worlds biggest procrastinator, around July he'll get it done unless I ride his back side. I have to run again into town this morning, got a note from the hair dresser at MIL place and she wants some advice of how to get MIL into the beauty shop to have her hair done. It seems my MIL who always prided herself in how she looked is refusing to have her hair done. It did look like heck last time I saw her.
We have a burning band in our neck of the woods, it's been so dry and nobody can burn anything. They ok'ed grilling out but no camp fires. We have a ton of fallen branches from winter that needs burning, it'll have to wait.
You all have a great week-end!
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Lynn....My Saturday nights are Brit nights with all the old comedy shows. Rereruns still make me laugh.
Hi Karen,
State of Play was GREAT! They did an EXCELLENT job of turning a multi-hour British TV series into a 90 min movie. Kept everything important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Gail View Post
I had a bowl of cereal for a nighttime snack - GrapeNut Flakes. What would be a good snack? At least it was not ice cream!
Hi Cindy, one of my favorite nighttime snacks is yogurt + peanutbutter. You can control the calories/carbs by the type of yogurt and peanutbutter you select. I try to get the low-carb/low-calorie type & use Simply Jiff peanutbutter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning Girls!
Lynn...I've used that cherry pie filling w/splenda before, it's yummy. I mixed cooked rhubarb in it for a delicious sauce and also mixed some cherry filling into chocolate pudding, They also have it in apple with splenda but I haven't tried it yet. We have 4 apple trees and have plenty of apples.
Hi Bobbi,
The pork chop recipe turned out REALLY good. Now I have a bunch of the cherry pie filling left. Maybe I’ll pick up some low-carb vanilla pudding & mix together. Thanks for the idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Good Morning!! Well, it is SPRINGTIME in the Rockies!! We have about a foot of snow on the ground and it is supposed to continue snowing through tomorow!!
Hi Karen, Will be good when you get out of there. Is weather better where you will be living?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada1 View Post
Good morning everybody,
Lynn, I wouldn't want to be on Biggest Loser either. They turned weight loss into a sport. I read the posted recipes and they sound soooo good-all of them.
Hi Jada, I never looked at the BL recipes. Must you join to get to them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eia Wa View Post
Hi there. I just joined and you are the first person from Newfoundland and Labrador I've 'met'.
Hi Eia – WELCOME!

Today is my DD’s and SIL’s “bring home the rescued cat day.” Her cat (that she LOVED VERY much) died last Fall. She recently decided to adopt a rescued adult cat from a local “save the cats” group. Today she selects her new family member.

I read Bobbi’s article about stress eating. I do most of these & am OK as long as I’m in my own home.

• Get your trigger foods out of the house, get your crutch foods out of arms' reach
• Go for a walk or jog. Physical activity relieves stress.
• Do deep breathing and relaxation exercises
• Keep a reminder of your goal handy
• Talk to a friend
• Visit and post on the support message boards
• Surround yourself with positive reinforcers, like pictures and people
• Keep a journal that includes your best personal accomplishments
• Track your eating patterns, including when and why you pick up food.

My problem is more about “peer eating.” The problem for me is choosing to be influenced by what my family/friends are eating when I’m out or visiting or on vacation. I am embarrassed to be like this. At sixty-four, you would think I could stick to my own plans. The worst part of this is that I can wipe out 5-6 weeks of losses in 1 weekend/vacation/visit!
Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 04-18-2009 at 10:11 AM.
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everybody and welcome to Eia Wa

Bobbi, Great article on emotional eating. I think my problem stems from enjoying to make large portions, like lasagna, spaghetti, and taco meat, potato salad (which I have stopped doing). I keep picking at them throughout the day. I liked to keep extras for my sons when they visit. Now, I just keep Rootbeer in my fridge for them, because I don't drink it, and I order in when they visit and have them take the leftovers. My goal is to stop the food thing all together.
Your working outside sounds wonderful.
Karen3, I'm so glad your food went over well. I look forward to hearing the details.
Lynn, When I mentioned the recipes, I was referring to the recipes on 3FC. The pork chops with cherry filling sound good and unique. It's fascinating to learn eastern cooking, compared to southwestern.
I'm glad you enjoyed your Play.
Meowee, I missed seeing your post this morning, and I hope everything is going well.

Hugs, Jada
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon....I'll been doodling around and haven't accomplished a thing and I don't feel guilty. Yesterday was hard. The new room is laid out wrong for card tables. It is used on weekends for bingo with a stage. They put the computer etc up on the stage so it it was up and down the steps all day. Then the aisles are too narrow and when you asked some one to let you thru they raised and lowered their chair, but didn't move in. Have decided I am not too fat just too short.....If I was taller my belly could slide over the top of the chairs! Before I did up to 6 miles of walking per game, bet I did 8 yesterday because I could never get there from here. So my legs are tired and have bruises on my tummy. Told DH glad I had already told them I was done. Can't believe at my age I came home looking like I had been playing war games.

The 97yr old was thrilled. Do you ever say thing that comes out tongue tied and ends up even better than if you planned it. I meant to ask her to stand and instead asked everyone in the room to stand and sing Happy Birthday! It got everyone invloved in singing and she was blushing. She thanked me over and over for the cake...apparently homebaked really got to her. And looking like a 40lb cake! (did I admit to decorating it with rabbit peeps and jelly beans...which looked like rabbit poop?)

Won't stop doing a lot of cooking....DH had asked 2 couples to dinner next week. Gonna show off with my Smith island recipe for Md crab cakes. Do corn pudding and old fashion corn bread....my kids always called it wet corn bread, but actually is a spoon bread. English peas and new red potatoes. I would bake sweet potato biscuits, but the last time I made them they were hard stones. I'll eat a big salad for lunch and just stir some food on my plate.

The winds has been blowing all week and kept the pool temp down so no swimming. Just looking now and have white caps in the pool....sighhhhh

Off to the library.....hugs...Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 04-18-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #171  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Rainy weekend here ~ thunder and lightening.

I have been having fun playing around on that Facebook thing. My brother and a couple coworkers got me hooked up there. I connected with one of my girlfriends from grade school. We hadn't talked for probably over 20 years. Her brother helped us connect and she called this morning and we had a nice long visit ~ catching up and sharing old memories etc.

Off the weekend ~ doing laundry and stuff.

Sorry to hear about your cousin Linda.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:25 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Okay Susann first . . .

Beside the little quote button that you've already conguered to put things into your reply, there is another little button that looks like quotation marks on a piece of paper. This is the multi quote button. Click on it for each of the posts you'd like to quote EXCEPT the last one. On the last one, click the normal little quote button.

Thanks Meowee for your help, I'm going to try it now. I'm so sorry about your cousin, have a safe trip and we'll all be thinking about you.
susannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #173  

hello Eia Wa, it's great to have you, this is a great place!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #174  

Quote:
Lynn, When I mentioned the recipes, I was referring to the recipes on 3FC. The pork chops with cherry filling sound good and unique. It's fascinating to learn eastern cooking, compared to southwestern.
Hugs, Jada
Hi Jada, Aha! I thought you meant the BL website. Yes, I’ve made bunches of the recipes on that thread. Just one warning – those of us on this board are on all different types of diets. You need to sort through to find recipes that fit with what you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Won't stop doing a lot of cooking.... I'll eat a big salad for lunch and just stir some food on my plate. ...hugs...Karen3
Karen, what are some of the other ways you manage to keep from eating what you are cooking? I just gave up & ONLY cook low-carb/low-cal foods. I used to be the “cookie lady” for my family. I haven’t made cookies since I started my low-carb/low-cal way of eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Hello all,
I have been having fun playing around on that Facebook thing. Take care
Hi Gayle,
I want to learn how to use Facebook to do genealogy. I signed up, but cannot figure out how people use it in this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by susannp View Post
Beside the little quote button that you've already conguered to put things into your reply, there is another little button that looks like quotation marks on a piece of paper. This is the multi quote button. Click on it for each of the posts you'd like to quote EXCEPT the last one. On the last one, click the normal little quote button.
Hi Susann, The other trick relates to how you insert your text. Each person’s message will be inside 2 [ ]’s with the word “QUOTE.” You must keep your text after the last “QUOTE” box to have their text show up in a box.

My DD and SIL adopted their new adult rescued cat. Seems very sweet.

I’m making a low-carb dinner – chicken cordon bleu. If it turns out good, I will post recipe. Jada, my recipes are more about my dietary needs bc of type 2 diabetes than about my area of the country. I subscribe to a Weekly Menu service that sends me 7 recipes of low-carb meals each Tuesday. I generally find at least 2 that I make. This helps me keep my diet interesting. Otherwise, I sometimes get into a rut & then get bored.
Check back later.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 04-19-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everybody

Karen3, I enjoyed reading your post about your last day at bridge. I wasn't sure if you were giving up bridge all together, or just your position. I admire the way you entertain. Your food sounds sooo good. I'll have to try to make crab cakes one of these days.
Gayle, I'm happy for you that you talked again to an old friend. I hear a lot about Facebook, but I haven't figured it out yet. I'm sure it's very easy.
Susann, You're braver than me. At least you're trying to learn the quote button. I'm already worn out from trying to learn new eating habits.
Lynn, Chicken Cordon Bleu is my absolutely favorite. Your weekly menu service sounds great. I used to have recipes sent to me by email, but it stopped. I guess I'll have to look for another one on the Internet. I like the Southern Cooking recipes, so I'll start with that, but not until I'm under 200 lbs. I can freeze the extra portions. I'm not so likely to snack when the food is kept in the freezer.

I was thinking last night that I could start keeping steaks in the freezer to quickly cook up for family visits, rather than give up on the cooking all together. I used to love it when I would visit my mom and dad and they would barbecue pork chops, yams and corn on the cob for me. I also thought that mozzarella string cheese is a good snack.
When I woke up this morning, I felt bloated and sure I gained weight, but when I got on the scale, my weight had gone down. What a pleasure that was. I hope everybody has a great Monday. I'm going to check out Facebook again.
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 231/220/180

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
hello Eia Wa, it's great to have you, this is a great place!
I'm already feeling at home. I still have to find my way around.
Eia Wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi--I hope everybody has been having a good weekend. We looked out this morning and we have a mama fox and 4 babies!! They are so cute! I just hope they make it OK between Eagles and cars!! I have had a good time watching them in between packing boxes and stuff. Just wanted to share with you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2240.JPG (31.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2242.jpg (16.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2247.JPG (39.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2248.jpg (39.3 KB, 3 views)
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:49 AM   #178  

Good Morning all,

Hope you all had a great weekend, mine was just kind of blah, I did ok on my eating, but didn't exercise at all, maybe that was one of the reasons that it was blah. I did some cleaning on the house though, and straightened things up. I don't know if I told you or not, but we now have our house on the market. So, I want to keep it in good showing condition.

Karen31, how neat that you have the mama and babies. Isn't nature just amazing??? We have lots of deer and possum, raccoons, and fox, and see lots of babies, but haven't seen any baby fox, I can just imagine out cute they are.

Well, it looks like the "quote" thingie is not sinking in just yet. I have so much other stuff on my mind, maybe one of these days I'll try it again....but not right now.....lol. Jada, maybe we can learn together, one of these days...haha.

Ok, time to get up and get my exercising started. Today is cardio and weight training. Going to whup me since I haven't done anything for 2 days....lol.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Susann
Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #179  

Quote:
Good Morning Everybody

Lynn, Chicken Cordon Bleu is my absolutely favorite. Your weekly menu service sounds great. I used to have recipes sent to me by email, but it stopped. I guess I'll have to look for another one on the Internet. I like the Southern Cooking recipes, so I'll start with that, but not until I'm under 200 lbs. I can freeze the extra portions. I'm not so likely to snack when the food is kept in the freezer.
Hi Jada,

I'll post the recipe in the sticky area & I'll PM you the link for the menu service I use. You can select low-carb; or low-fat; & several others. You can also select for 2 people or for 4 people. I like the recipes - they are easy and don't involve unusual ingredients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eia Wa View Post
I'm already feeling at home. I still have to find my way around.
Hi Eia,
Please feel free to ask questions here. New websites are always a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Hi--I hope everybody has been having a good weekend. We looked out this morning and we have a mama fox and 4 babies!! They are so cute! I just hope they make it OK between Eagles and cars!! I have had a good time watching them in between packing boxes and stuff. Just wanted to share with you.
Hi Karen,
My DD & SIL had a fox in their backyard last summer. What a STRANGE cry! Be careful of your babies. I was surprised at the size of the fox - pretty big.

Quote:
Good Morning all,

Hope you all had a great weekend, mine was just kind of blah, I did ok on my eating, but didn't exercise at all, maybe that was one of the reasons that it was blah. Have a great Monday everyone!

Susann
Hi Susann,

I get energized with exercise. Yes, it's REALLY tough getting back. When I'm in my zone, I can do 20-30 min on the eliptical (in addition to my bike and treadmill). After a break, I must begin back at 10 minutes.

Yesterday I saw a friend whom I had not seen for a couple of months. She has been quite ill & looked TERRIBLE! During my career in education, she was my mentor. I'm supposed to spend some time with her today. I'm hoping she is on the road back to health.

Tomorrow I enter the last week of my online course. This has been one of the worst classes I have had in terms of the level of skills of the students. 9 of 15 dropped out. Of the 6 who are left, 3 are failing. I can't help but think that the University is admitting students who are NOT ready for graduate school.

Have a great day everyone,

Lynn
Old 04-20-2009, 11:17 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5' 7"

Hey Everybody,
Haven't posted for awhile but lurking around. I'm still trudging along with my WOE.....Happy to report that I'm 20 pounds down now<---still a long way to go, but FINALLY a substantial loss to report. I lose so slowly! Now for the other 45.........

So my BMI started at 33.7 and now is 30.5<---still obese but almost into just 'overweight land'. So still plodding along.......going to be in that 'healthy zone' no matter how long it takes!!!!

Have a great day!
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote