Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all. It was a lovely, warm weekend, untill......Sunday evening we got tornado warning and some very heavy winds and rain. The sky got so dark for awhile, really scary. I kept thinging maybe i should go to the basement, but didn't.

I had never heard of the Belieb Net thing, but it sounded interesting. According to them I am a 100% reform judiasm. 98% orthodox jew, and only 69% liberal christina, which i really am.

I've never been to a chiropractor. Not that I don't believe in them, but my back injury is work realted and the doctors at work really frown on going to a chiropractor and of course my insurance doesn't pay for it either. Losing weight has made some difference in the amount of pain. I've never done yoga but i am thinking about that too.

Laurie, Can't imagine what would be comming up in your garden like that. But anyway, gardening is such good exercise and beats the treadmill.

Freda
Old 06-09-2008, 08:20 PM   #17  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quick fly in today. Work was busy, blood bank was crowded, and they almost missed my vein, so it took almost 2.5 hours to get through AND - I have a big nasty bruise to show for my efforts. Then a meeting at church - whew - I'm beat.

Hope you all had a great day - I hope to have more time to post tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #18  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

the slim me, MD doctors often frown on chiropractors--depending on the part of the country you live in. After all, what if you got better without their care? Chiropractic isn't terribly expensive--my insurance does cover it, but I have a high deductible. I just don't even bother billing the insurance--pay for it myself.

CountingDown, I stopped donating blood because the last time I had a bruise for two weeks.

Things are getting busier for me--the A/C annual service is this morning--down here, you really want to make sure everything is OK... and then it's time to start thinking about the trip next week--I mean really thinking--as in, what to pack, etc.

Have a good one!
Jay
Old 06-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #19  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . . I'm running very late this morning, but wanted to say a quick HI . . .
Old 06-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #20  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies, it rained all night and looks like it's going to rain all day. Nice for the flowers and the lawn, not so great for me! But, as my grandma used to say "don't question God's work".

Laurie, Sorry you had such a bad time at the blood bank. You too Jay. I know sometimes it's annoying and you can get a bruise. But blood is so vital. Not very long ago the hospital was so short of blood that we weren't allowed to transfuse anyone unless their HH was below 6. usually we transfuse at 8. My husband and son are type o and get called all the time to donate.

Jay, I know the doctors are threatened by the prospect that a chiropractor might actually do some good. I work in rehab, so you know there is some competition there. I would like to go just once to see what they say. But it is pretty expensive here. You're going on a trip next week? If you mentioned it I must have forgotton. We're going on vacation next week too.

Take care, Freda
Old 06-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #21  
Onward and Downward

Wow . . . what a strange day this has been so far -- we had a very heavy morning but then a band of really wild thunderstorms went through just before 8 am and you'd think it was a completely different day now. Sunny, mild (but not hot), and a little breezy. Hope this is what continues for the rest of the day.

Hope the rest of you hve a great one -- keep things moving and shaking :crrot:
Old 06-11-2008, 02:14 PM   #22  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

I'm on a public computer at the library--our phone service is out, and the DSL with it. Grrrrr...

It's my day off from the gym, and I'm going to enjoy that!

Jay
Old 06-12-2008, 08:54 AM   #23  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, Chickies . . . hope everybody is planning a great moving and shaking kind of day . . .

Our weather is going to be quite cool (high of only about 67/68 is predicted) with half sun and half cloud -- a good day for the usual Thursday shopping afternoon -- so lots of walking seems to be in my activity plans today.

See you all later . . .
Old 06-13-2008, 07:08 AM   #24  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Where are our regulars? Looks like we have a few MIAs...

We're finally getting some rain in the afternoon--it's about time! Things are burnin' up.

Time for me to get ready for my trip to Utah. We'll be mostly in the Salt Lake area, hangin' out, seeing the sights, meeting with friends. Someone I knew in my 20s is going to meet us there--she's lost over 50 pounds on WW! So, we can help each other not to stray too far off track.

It's hard not to treat vacation like an eating bonanza, but my attitude is, "It's just life in a different location."

I'm not leaving until Monday, and I'll have internet, so I'll be dropping in...

Jay
Old 06-13-2008, 09:58 AM   #25  
Onward and Downward

Morning JAY . . . have a great time on your trip . . .

Amazing how people come and go around here isn't it. Hopefully they will all wander back again soon. We miss you guys.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #26  

Well, we got enough rain for everyone - over 10 inches last night. Hail, wind, funnel clouds, uprooted trees - the whole shebang.

Thus, my inability to post. We spent about 4 hours in the basement while the tornado sirens kept going off as new funnel clouds were reported. Minimal damage - lots of flooding, but very little REAL issues.

Hope everyone is doing well! My crazy busy end-of-school-year is winding down, so hopefully I will be back to my normal posting schedule soon

Have a GREAT weekend all!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:41 AM   #27  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

CountingDown! How scary! Glad things are OK!

Jay
Old 06-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #28  
Onward and Downward

Oh wowee . . . that is scarey . . . Glad it has calmed down and hope it stays that way.

We are getting rain today, but the wind has calmed down, so hopefully it's not going to amount to anything really nasty -- just a dull and boring day.

Decided I'd do my own little 5K on the Gazelle today, but in three segments -- so the first mile is down; two more (and a bit) to go.

Hope everybody else gets to do some moving and shaking outside . . .
Old 06-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #29  

More storms tonight - just hail and wind and rain. No tornadoes

We ended up with 10 inches of rain during that last storm - nasty, nasty flooding issues. But, NOTHING like Iowa and other parts of MI.

So, I am counting my blessings!
Hope you all have a wonderful, safe and dry Sunday!!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 07:18 AM   #30  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . . . . . and Happy Father's Day.

Our rain yesterday was quite localized, unfortunately. Today it's difficult to even guess at the weather by looking outside. There is a very large out-of-control brush fire raging just this side of Halifax (about two hours from here, luckily) and the smoke is definitely blowing this way. About 5000 people have been evacuated and so far there is only property damage but they just cannot seem to get control of the fire yet.

Other than that, guess I'll be having another indoor kind of day mostly because of the smoke in the air -- maybe I'll try for another 5K on the Gazelle.

Have a good one, everybody . . .
Closed Thread