Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #31  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning gang . . .

I did manage to overindulge yesterday in (of all things) Kashi Go Lean cereal after dinner. My story (and I'm sticking to it ) is that I needed the starch to soak up the excess salt from the ham. Sounds good if I say it quick enough and often enough. HOWEVER . . . the result was a two pound water gain overnight. Oh well, it will go again soon . . .

Must go out and get a few groceries and other stuff today so hopefully I won't bump into any half-price bunnies that I can't resist. We hve a beautiful sunny day and fairly windless as well. Too bad the predicted high for the day is still below the freezing mark.

Hi again MandM, I already said hello the other day in the Getting Lighter thread and gave you that link to some ******** threads around here. Hope you managed to find them. Always nice to meet another Linda; even if you are just a little spring chicken compared to me. BTW, I have to agree with JAY on the Atkins point as well as the ******** point.

Have a great day . . . see you all later . . . try to keep things moving and shaking . . .

Last edited by meowee; 03-24-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #32  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi Linda and welcome -- I hadn't heard of ********; so I googled it. I'm glad it is working for you. Unfortunately it wouldn't be my kind of plan; those plans that require you to buy their shakes and bars aren't for me; I don't even care for "fast food" milkshakes and candy bars so the special diet varieties are definitely not going to turn my crank. But if it works for you that's great!
I did try one of those Gnu brand high fiber bars and thought it wasn't bad for that kind of product. I'm just not much of a meal or snack in a bar kind of person (well a meal inside of a bar establishment that serves food, yes, but not the kind of bar you hold in your hand...)
Old 03-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #33  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi Linda (mandmsgirl) - welcome!

Linda (meowee) - I'm betting that 2 lbs is water with the salt intake you had I agree, it will be gone soon!

We are supposed to get another snow storm -Jay, I'm wishing I was down your way right now!

I'm biding my time until the weekend - TN is calling. Mom said the dogwoods are in bloom, and the Bradford pears!
Ahh...
Oh, that reminds me to pack my allergy meds

Hope you are having a POP day!

Laurie
Old 03-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #34  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Not as much sun today . . . and it's still very cold . . . but I'm going out this afternoon anyway because tomorrow we are supposed to have snow.

OMG . . . Laurie . . . you are going to have such a wonderful time enjoying the mild weather.

Well better get my bustle in a bunch and do some moving and shaking. Have a great day, everybody . . .
Old 03-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #35  

OK, not to grumble, but there was a foot of heavy, yucky snow in my driveway tonight.

I'm off to find hiking trails in the Smokies for next week

On the bright side, it was great exercise to move all of that snow
Old 03-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #36  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Thanks LAURIE . . . I can hardly wait to get the snow that's in our forecast . . . so far nothing but overcast skies, though.

Got up way too early and already did a bit of exercise . . . hopping around on one foot. Had to go to the bathroom and Mouse (the big, grey, hairy cat) had thrown up right in front of my bedroom door. So . . . as you can imagine, by the time I cleaned my foot and the carpet . . . I was definitely 'awake'.

Nothing too exciting for me today . . . hope everybody else has great moving and shaking plans . . .
Old 03-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #37  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Sorry to be MIA for awhile... things are nuts here for me... I'm still managing the gym, but basically I'm overscheduled and will be for a little while longer...

Hang in there, folks!

Jay
Old 03-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #38  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Hi everyone. Have stopped by to read but been so busy here at work have not had time to leave a note.

Things are going ok with me. I finally have been getting to the gym
and it is all because of you guys and my brother who goes to the gym everyday. It is good for me to hear and for me to stop procrastinating. I have the " I will start on Monday" complex. I am heading there tonight at 7pm for an hours workout. Look forward to it. I did a couple of hours on Sunday. Not got to doing it every day but am heading in that direction. Hope to lose 30 pounds by summer so I had better start moving. That would put me below 200 and that has been years.

Life is not so simple I am afraid. But I have made a note to myself that first things first mean looking after me and my health. So I am getting onto the right track. Nice to hear from everyone and keep up the great work.

Jayel: I love the way you watch over the emails...hahahaha

Jude better late than never!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:56 PM   #39  

Hi all! What IS it about this week that everyone is crazy busy? I'm the same. I didn't make it home from work until 7 tonight That is another 12+ hour day. But I did do the full Zumba Cardio Party tonight - and my tongue is hanging on the ground. There is a reason that everyone in the video is 20 something. They killed off everyone older!

Seriously, Jude - :clap: get back at it girl! and YES - do what you need to do for you!

Jay - glad you are making it to they gym. You are an inspiration!

Linda - my cats (and dog) have left me such wonderful presents too! Why is it ALWAYS right in the middle of the path to the bathroom?

More snow predicted for tonight! I gotta get my posts up and start packing for TN The dogwoods are calling my name - where IS my Claratin? LOL
Old 03-27-2008, 11:20 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

I haven't been here for a while because I was feeling like I wasn't doing anything active, but I do have a NSV to report. I have been doing some stomach and shoulder exercises pretty faithfully over the last month or so. Yesterday, I tried on a whole bunch of stuff that has been too small and it fit!!! I haven't lost an ounce, but I got smaller. I also gathered up all my big long-sleeved stuff that I won't be needing now that the weather is getting warmer (sorry, CountingDown, about the weather, that is). I am shipping that and anything else I don't like off to the thrift store. My closet is looking lean and mean.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #41  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey gail! And hijude! Glad to see you both back again!

I'm glad to hear about your NSV, Gail--that's great when clothes suddenly fit!

Totally swamped here... Catch you all later.

Jay
Old 03-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #42  
Onward and Downward

Sorry I'm so late to the party today, gang . . . it has been a wierd one . . . As you know, I'm a Diabetic . . . when I got up this morning my sugar level was a little high (probably stressing over my dentist appointment at 11:00 for a root canal). Anyway, I decided to delay eating breakfast for a bit and then (believe it or not) I totally forgot until I was pulling into the parking lot at the dentist's office and felt those nasty symptoms of a hypoglycemic event (dangerously low blood sugar) coming on. I immediately took some glucose tablets and everything would have been fine in another couple of minutes, but was still staggering a little when I walked into the exam room. Anyway the dentist freaked out and decided to reschedule -- probably a good thing. I mean who needs a nervous dentist playing in your mouth with very sharp instruments. Also a bad thing, of course, because now I have to wait until April 8 to get this blinking root canal done.

Other than that SSDD . . . the sun is shining, but it's cold . . . LouLou and I did our normal Thursday mall-crawl and I'm ashamed to say that I definitely overdid it at lunch today. That's what happens when you skip meals -- you get over-hungry and then all H--- breaks loose.

Sorry that I don't have time for more chatting right now . . . but I'm really running behind with my 3FC rounds . . . see you later . . .
Old 03-27-2008, 10:03 PM   #43  

Just a quick flyby before packing. I will be in TN until the 5th. I will check back then.
Have a GREAT POP week
Old 03-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #44  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

Cold (nothing new) and overcast today with some little fluffy white stuff falling out of the sky. In other words . . . WILL THIS WINTER NEVER END?

So far my only activity today has been wiping cat hair off the furniture, for what seems like hours. Could keep doing the same thing all day and still find more of the stuff -- how come my cats aren't bald yet?

Well . . . better get going and do something a little more exciting than that with the rest of the day . . . . . . See you all later . . . try to keep things moving and shaking.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #45  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Gosh, meowee!! I hope sping appears soon!

Where is everybody? Are you all out doing exciting things for a Friday evening? Hope you'll come back and share!

I went to the pool for a swim today instead of going to the gym. I just love swimming! I have a chronic sore shoulder, and swimming is just the best for it! It was a sunny, warm day here.

See ya!
Jay
Closed Thread