Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #16  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hmmm... that makes me think of all kinds of unsavory things....

Ask yourself, whom would I want to live with?

Jay
Old 03-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #17  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Hmmm... that makes me think of all kinds of unsavory things....

Ask yourself, whom would I want to live with?

Jay

Old 03-22-2008, 05:01 PM   #18  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

All right, chickies, I have another idea to go along with the GBPI foods. Enforced Exercise Machines! Now, these machines are made in such a way that if you haven't exercised that day and you walk past them, they reach out and drag you onto them and clamp you in place for a 20 minute workout whether you like it or not. Combined with GBPI foods, the EEMs would have a person dropping pounds in no time!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 03-22-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:57 PM   #19  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Know any manufacturers that ship to Canadian addresses . . . I really need one of these. . .
Old 03-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #20  

Jay - you are on a roll! I think I NEED an EEM! It's the new thneed!
The children's librarian in me is waxing poetic
(and Dr. Seuss is rolling over in his grave)

An Enforced Exercise Machine is something that I really need.
JayEll, our moderator, has taken the lead.

She's invented a device that will keep us all fit.
I'm 100% certain it will be a huge hit!

It will reach out and grab you, then strap you in
With this fabulous device, you surely will win,

Admiring looks from those passing by.
This is one invention you surely must try!

Yet JayEll has more gems in her back of tricks
We are blessed to have here here at Three Fat Chicks.

Last edited by CountingDown; 03-22-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #21  
Onward and Downward

Wow . . . you are a poet, but I didn't know it . . . however, I guess you did.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:15 AM   #22  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Jay
Old 03-23-2008, 08:34 AM   #23  
Onward and Downward

. . . HOPPY BUNNY DAY . . .

We have a lovely morning on the go -- and I find that very comforting for Easter Sunday -- unfortunately it's also very windy and cold; but one out of three ain't bad.

Hope everybody has a really great day . . .
Old 03-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #24  

Cold here too, but glorious sunshine. I always feel that we should have sun for Easter - it completes the day.

All the PowerPoint presentations of the week are now behind me I can relax a bit. They went well, but sometimes I wish I wasn't such a perfectionist with them. 5 hours to put together a 3 minute pictorial presentation. I felt I had to design and compose each slide "just so". ARGH, sometimes I wanna kick myself. It was very well received however, so - all things considered - I probably won't learn to lighten up any time soon.

I think it is time for a nice nap. DS1 called last night, so we were 1.5 hrs later than usual getting to bed. Darn time difference

Last edited by CountingDown; 03-23-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:09 PM   #25  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
. . . I read "somewhere" (but cannot remember) about the difference between a 'naturally' skinny person and a 'wannabe' . . . it's backwards from what you might expect . . .

The 'wannabe' says, "I will not waste my calories on anything that doesn't taste absolutely terrific." The 'natural' says, "Food doesn't have to taste good as long as it's nourishing".

think about it.

Well, I am in the wannabe group here. If food doesn't taste good, I don't see why I should eat it. That said, I think a lot of "junk" food doesn't taste good. But the philosophy of the above quote definitely fits me in with the wannabes. It would be like having a job that you didn't like, but it just paid the bills, or clothes that you didn't like, but they covered your body, or... lots of other things that would seem kind of sad.

Along those same lines of thinking, I sat next to a woman at a restaurant/bar in the bar part recently who was probably in her 70's, she was pretty lean, and commented that she ate because she was taught she was supposed to eat three times a day so she did, but she didn't really enjoy it. She got a chicken breast and some potatoes, and then a scoop of ice cream after that because she always learned that you were supposed to do that too. I didn't sense that she was enjoying any of this procedure. Hmmmm.

I don't know if eating is something that we do for the purposes of rip-roaring enjoyment, anymore than anything else, but at the same time I think it would be good to appreciate everything. Jay - am I getting close to Buddhism yet?

jo
Old 03-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #26  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Happy Easter

Happy Easter from the Easter Kitty and me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg easter kitty 1.jpg (31.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #27  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey Spinymouse! Great pic of you and kitty!

Buddhist philosophy would likely say that food may be enjoyable, or awful, but we should seek to be free of both attachment to the enjoyment and of repulsion for the awful (although one doesn't need to keep eating, in my opinion!)

In a way, that might be like saying food doesn't have to taste good as long as it's nourishing. But the point isn't to avoid enjoyment or to embrace the awful! Mostly, just stay mindful of what you are doing when you are eating--of the fact that food comes from other living things. And if the food is enjoyable, have as your wish that all living things may know such enjoyment, that they may never suffer from hunger.

Also, foods that we crave are an opportunity to see grasping behavior at work. We want some--we want more--we want to repeat the pleasure--we want it never to end. From that we get insight into the patterns that "trick" us into overeating, so to speak.

Beyond that, Buddhist thought might say that all tastes are really just one taste. But most of us aren't quite there yet.

And that's my spiel for this evening!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 03-23-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:42 PM   #28  

Jo - LOVE the picture! You look GREAT (and so does Easter Kitty). I'm comparing your picture to the one you posted 10 weeks ago for BL challenge. WOW - I know it has been a rough couple months for you - but - hey girl - keep up the exercise and eating - you look fabulous!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:33 AM   #29  

Default Finally, A Little Success

My name is Linda. I am 60. I was too thin until I had my first child. I am 5'1'' and I have weighed almost 200 lbs since my 20's. This has caused me incredible social problems but my health has always been excellent. Losing weight has been incredibly difficult for me. I lost a lot of weight on the Adkins diet when it first came out but it messed up my entire system and made me incredibly ill. I was almost hospitalized. Now I have low blood sugar because of it. I finally am having some success on ********. I have lost over 30 lbs. and feel great because of the cleansing agents. Has anyone else tried ********? I'd love feed back. Linda

Last edited by mandmsgirl; 03-24-2008 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Grammer
Old 03-24-2008, 07:23 AM   #30  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Greetings, mandmsgirl. I'm glad to hear that you've been losing weight. Atkins isn't the cause of low blood sugar, however.

I hope you haven't joined 3FC just to promote ********, because the site owners don't allow product promotion. Just a word to the wise.

Plenty of us here in the Age 50+ forum know what you mean about weight loss being hard work!

Tell us more about yourself...

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 03-24-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Closed Thread