Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #76  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi . . .

We have a and relatively mild day today . . . I must get out to play.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:41 AM   #77  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey there!

I guess once again our active 50s are off being... active! At least I hope so. I'm trapped at a computer all day today myself. But I WILL get out and walk at some point...

Jay
Old 04-06-2008, 10:12 PM   #78  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Just popping in to say hello. We made it back to MI after a wonderful trip to TN. The weather was a bit rainy, but we still managed to walk/hike almost 20 miles

I'm trying to get caught up with laundry and the like. Hopefully, I will be back to my 3FC posting routine tomorrow.
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
Old 04-06-2008, 11:39 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Hi, I'm new here, but not new to dieting...been doing it since I was a teenager. I am a great loser, but always manage to gain everything back...plus one or two more. I'm now 55, flirting with diabetes, and scared my planned very active retirement (which is still a few years away) is going to fade with my health! This time I'm determined to make it happen and keep it off...of course I've been there before too.

I'm down a little. I've been doing well on portion control, not so well on activity, but getting back on the treadmill is my next goal. I count myself as an active 50...I am either working or out socializing most evenings.

I look forward to getting to know folks here!

Pandora
Old 04-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #80  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey Pandora123a!

I know what you mean about the "active retirement" being in danger! But I'm here to tell ya you can change that. I am so much more fit now than before I lost the weight--of course, all that time at the gym doesn't hurt.

CountingDown, glad to see you back! Tell us more about Tennessee. I went up to Cookeville and thereabout a couple of years ago and really liked that area.

Jay
Old 04-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #81  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning all you busy little beavers . . .

and a great big to you, PANDORA . . . so glad to have you joining us. . . .

and a big WELCOME BACK to LAURIE, too.

Glad to tell you we are having another and relatively mild day -- that's two in a row, now.

Anyway, guess I'd better get myself moving and shaking . . . see you all later . . .
Old 04-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #82  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi Pandora. I retired almost 2 years ago and it took me awhile to get back into a routine after 31 years of following schedules (I was a teacher). It's so much better to be healthy and active after you retire because there are so many options open that you couldn't explore when working. Good luck on your journey.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #83  
Onward and Downward

Just back from the dentist . . . Phase I of the Root Canal was aabsolutely painless. Now, just gotta wait and see how it feels after the freezing comes out.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #84  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone, I know most of you, and hello to the ones that i don't know yet.

Linda, Glad to hear the your trip to the dentist went well. They are another one of those necessary evils

Counting, I'll be headed down South soon too. Looking forward to it. It should be really nice right now. My sister said the days are already getting very warm.

Pandora, I'm the same as you, I always lost the weight and then regained it. This time is the last time. I know it gets harder with age and i'm tired of doing this to my body. We need to take better care of our health. Just at the time we have some spare time to enjoy, we want to be able to enjoy it.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #85  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Just back from the dentist . . . Phase I of the Root Canal was aabsolutely painless. Now, just gotta wait and see how it feels after the freezing comes out.
Glad everything is good so far. I've had a root canal and that's all I'm saying.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #86  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Me too I have had several. I would suggest some painkiller before the freezing came out. Not a fun thing but the worst is over.....

Got to the gym yesterday morning but not this morning. It is so hard to get out of bed. But plan to go tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well....
Old 04-08-2008, 07:12 PM   #87  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey everybody!

meowee, I hope things are still OK with the pain management.

Nice to see you posting, hijude!

You know, you all have brought up such a good point. Lots of people are waiting for "someday" when they'll be able to go places, do things... but if we're not in good health when we get there, we might not be able to do those things.

That has been one of my motivating factors--wanting to be healthy in later life. That, and knowing it does not get any easier to lose!

Jay
Old 04-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #88  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post

You know, you all have brought up such a good point. Lots of people are waiting for "someday" when they'll be able to go places, do things... but if we're not in good health when we get there, we might not be able to do those things.

That has been one of my motivating factors--wanting to be healthy in later life. That, and knowing it does not get any easier to lose!

Jay
Jay, such wisdom in those words! It pretty much sums up my motivation this time. Not being able to do things when we visited the kids was such an eye opener for me. I had to own that my weight WAS affecting my quality of life.
While very painful, it really was a blessing. I can't believe what a difference it made this year.

I will also add - we don't know what the future will bring, so we need to start enjoying and doing NOW. I traded my last raise for an extra week of vacation. I am taking that time to go hiking and see sights that I would not have been able to see a year ago. I haven't regretted that decision one bit. Yes, it will affect my overall income and pension in the future. But I am gonna live life today and let the future take care of itself. Why did it only take me 50 years to learn this lesson?

Old 04-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #89  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi Pals,
Today I received the Biggest Loser book that I won here on 3fc on the thread to ask the nutritionist a question. I've skimmed it. I must say that I am very pleased that the diet section uses the words "vegetable(s)" and "vegetarian" in the appropriate text. The only time I saw the "ie" word used was in a quote by one of the contest participants, which is different from it being used in an instructional text. So I am initally impressed. And the illustrations of the exercises are great.
Jay, I loved your response on that other thread about breakfast. When I first read the subject heading I didn't know what it was about for a few moments! I thought maybe it was Barbie's new doll friend/sister/cousin or something. (Brekkie!)

I have not been physically active lately. Sorry! I've been working, reading, cooking, writing, playing fantasy baseball. But I have a training session tomorrow at 6:30am.

Oh, hey, what I am I thinking -- Welcome to all the new people!

CD - good for you to find your priorities and make them work. No surprise here but I like going to work more than travelling and hiking. So I work! One of these days I might find a vacation that I enjoy but so far this experience has evaded me. I live in an area that I like a lot so that helps.

Still in a funk but yet am finding that I am also very grateful for a lot of things. Gratitude is good.

jo
Old 04-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Hi to all...I learned the "live life to the fullest" a couple of years ago when my sister got breast cancer found in both breasts. She was lucky, it was discovered secondarily to breast reduction surgery, the doctors said that had she not had that surgery it would have been found by mammogram or self-exam much later, and would have been stage four. It was a wakeup call, and since then I have really reorganized a lot of things to make sure that I am spending my time in the ways that are important...more vacation, more fun and meaningful things, less busywork and computer games!

I do love my work, but I love my vacations as well. Some years ago my agency was in financial trouble and I passed on an increase. My Board in gratitude increased my vacation by two weeks, so I always seem to have plenty of time to travel. (Though not always the money.) Right now I'm trying to make sure the travel is active rather than food oriented. (My husband and I are going on a hiking vacation in August to Yellowstone and the Tetons...I want to be lighter and in better shape.

Glad to be getting to know you all. I'm doing okay on portion control, not so well on exercise...but its a process.

Pandora
Closed Thread