Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default The Wordly Chicks_September 2016

There you have it Ladies--short and simple for our September Thread.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #2  

I am so looking forward to the 3-day weekend. Our weather is going to be so lovely, warm temps and low humidity.

I am excited to share that I had a 2.2 lb loss at TOPS last night!

My doctor's apt is at the end of this month..working hard to reach my ticker goal by that date and surprise the primary care doctor.

Happy: I hope your pain will be slight while you go without any pain reliever before surgery. Find those ice bags and ointment that help you with the pain and use them often to keep that swelling down.

Ceejay: I saw you got the U-hual and headed out. Good luck with unpacking and getting settled in.

Laura: That is good news that BF's mom got to go home from the rehab facility. Did you end up staying the night with her or was someone else there? If you didn't stay did you make it to Zumba at the Y.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 09-02-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:01 AM   #3  

Bumping up the September Thread
Old 09-02-2016, 05:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I am in my new abode. I like it a lot. Still need to sort through boxes and locate things. I bought a new shower curtain for the second bathroom today at Lowe's.
We are going to Branson to eat dinner tonight with my cousin and his wife that helped me move. Still have to get used to the location and surroundings but that will come.
---------
Susie
Congratulations on the weight loss. And thanks for setting up the new thread.

Happy
When are you having knee surgery? Will be sending you good vibes.

Annie
How are you doing? I saw your grand sons pictures on FB. They are adorable.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Sorry I haven't been around much. The pain in my back has reappeared and it was very bad the last couple of days. Took myself off down to the doctor yesterday and then he sent me to get CT scans of the area. Should have some information back by Monday. Meantime, it is anti-inflammatories and pain killers. I'm still amazed that I got to the doctor and he was on time and then got a CT scan the same afternoon and they were on time as well. Heck, what is happening around the joint. I need to get an appointment sorted for Monday to hear the verdict.

Ceejay - by now you will be well on the way to retirement in Missouri. May you have many years of health and happiness in your retirement. Guess we won't hear from you for a couple of days while you get your bearings and start a new life although it seems that you have already posted that you are in and settling down.

Happy - coming up time for the knee operation. Hope it all works out satisfactorily and you can begin to enjoy life without pain. If you ever get to miss the pain, I have some here I can send over. Good to hear that the deck is now usable and you can get in and out of the front door. What a lot of work the DH has put into this. Maybe he should set himself up as the reliable odd job man. Sad that the weekend away wasn't as good as you remembered. Sometimes it seems that one should not go back over old ground but just find new and better things to work on. I must say that with so much political turmoil going on in your neck of the woods and the hatred towards ones fellow man, it can't be a good time for business to operate efficiently.

Laura - glad to hear that b/f's mum is home and happy about it. Naturally you will be missing Coal. He was a big part of your life for many years. Are you going to get another dog later on? You can't replace them, but you can give love to a dog who would otherwise be in a cage and waiting for their forever home!

Annie - guess something is not right in your house since you are asking for prayers for 3 people. How is the ankle doing?

Susie - thanks for starting up the new thread. I was supposed to get around to it yesterday, however it was a painful day and I just didn't get to do much at all. Still waiting for this painkiller to kick in - hopefully soon and then I can get back to what I was supposed to do yesterday.

Dee - where are you?? Have you sold your house yet? Are you on the move?

Took ODDU for a walk early this morning. He didn't get one yesterday and he was extremely good about it. So we went out early this morning. Walking seems to loosen up the back somewhat - but throwing sticks doesn't do a lot for it. Anyway we had rain overnight and I think ODDU found every mud puddle in the bush. And he rolled in the wet grass. To put it mildly, he is somewhat smelly and will need a bath before his folks get home. He loved his walk this morning. Would have carried on but his grandma got tired.
I should get out the lawn mower, but just can't be bothered at the moment. It will happen soon enough and it is a bit too damp out there for mowing anyway. Then it will need fertilising and weeding (Weed and Feed) sprayed over it. What used to be a nice lawn is no longer. Doggy has seen to that.

Had lunch with my niece and a niecelet during the week. Niecelet is such a tiny little thing. Eats like a horse though. Surprising she had a kids portion of Fish and Chips and she ate the fish and hardly touched the chips. I was somewhat amazed. Kids are not usually that good with fish. Niece is going through a bit of a tough time with her partner. He has lost his job (again) and is now doing under the counter stuff. He thinks that 'someone' should give him a job doing IT stuff. Never mind that he doesn't have any qualifications - although he is quite good with them - and is not inclined to get any. You don't necessarily need a degree for that but some experience in the real world is somewhat necessary. It would surprise me if he got a job and then stayed with it. He is not known for consistency and doesn't think things through. He got really mad when he got pulled over for a traffic offence and the cop asked to see his (non-existent) licence. Yep, he doesn't apparently need one of those.
I'm surprised that he and niece are still together. If it was me, I would have shown him the door a lot earlier. Anyway, not mine to worry about.

Windy and a bit cool today. Nice out in the sun tho' but the wind is likely to blow me and my plants down to Sydney if I go out and try to work in the garden.

Okay - off to make a start in the kitchen. The benches are covered in stuff. I have been sorting out the pantry one shelf at a time and the stuff on the counters are for different shelves that I have done yet. Another 2 to go and that job is done. Oh and yes we have pasta coming out of our ears and will be all Italian before it is finished. Sometimes I wonder, but then who am I to say how a person should shop and what they should buy by the truckload. ODDU is sleeping in his puppy bed. He is much to big for it and only the back half is now in the bed. The front half is on the mat. Same with his puppy pool, if he gets the front half in, the back half is hanging out the edge - but he just loves that water. Since it has got warmer again (Spring has sprung) I half filled the pool for him. He takes a running jump to get in (although the pool is less than a foot high) and get a surprised look when only half of him lands in the pool. What a dog.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:22 AM   #6  

We have a beautiful day in Ohio today. Warm sunshine, and low humidity. It might just be that it is the Labor Day Holiday but you can tell that fall is around the corner.

DH and a friend of mine are going to a musical event with friend this evening. A musical group that came to our church is coming to The Schuster center in Dayton.

I am looking forward to the evening. I have never been to the Schuster and I cant wait to see the building. It looks like a beautiful place.

Last night we went out to dinner with our neighbors to local place in Xenia OH. On the spur of the moment our neighbors went with us. We ate out on the patio and they had a DJ playing music and also kareoke. The food was good, the company was enjoyable and music was played....my idea of a good time.

Shad: hopefully they wil know what is going on with your back and get you out of pain. Did the chiropractor do an adjustment for you?
ODDU is such a playful dog and has so much personality!

Your niece's boyfriend sounds like he needs to grow up a bit. I always wonder why smart, lovely girls put up with guys like that.

Ceejay: enjoy setting up your new home!! I would love to see pictures of your new area and you enjoying your retirement on Facebook. It is like you are starting a new chapter of your life...that sounds exciting to me.

Hello to Annie, Laura, Happy, Dee and Michelle.

I need to get busy and get the house in some sort of order and get started on the day.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 09-03-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:48 AM   #7  

Morning all. Another lovely day out there. Perfect September weather.

Susie - thanks for setting up our new thread. I didn't stay overnight w bf's mom, just picked up some fruit, milk, deli stuff & stayed about an hour. Didn't get to Zumba class. Your dinner last night sounded pleasant. I hope you enjoy the music tonight.

Shad - Sorry your back is hurting again. We'll see what the doc/scans say. Sounds like you're enjoying time with ODDU. What a character! We'll certainly adopt another dog at some point, but not too soon. Some big changes to come when bf finishes his billing/coding program, passes the exam & begins work in the field. And see how his mom does with her limited mobilty & other health challenges. AND whatever comes our way with my mom moving back to the area. We'll settle into new routines & then consider an addition to our household. == Sounds like the niece has made her life (more) difficult with her choice of a partner...

Ceejay - Glad you're happy with the new digs. Take your time with the unpacking & enjoy getting to know your new surroundings. How was dinner last night?

Howdies to the rest of you.
==
It was so nice to get home a bit early, and a nice quiet beautiful (but short) pedal home from the train. I gathered up the donation bags & dropped them off. Hit the school pickup traffic in our neighborhood on the way back, oops. Went out in the yard to read a book, but of course ended up doing other things. Uncovering the chaise lounge frames & hosing them down, as well as the inside of the covers (today will be turning them right side out again & hosing the outside ), watering the flowers..

We went out to eat with a friend and his father for the friend's birthday. Nice.

Today I skipped exercise because of laziness and my hip. It's been sore for about a month, not severe, but not fading, even after at least a week of aleve that I took for the pulled hamstring. Maybe it needs to be moved more! What a thought! I'll do something tomorrow. So the past two weeks I've done two workouts per week - want to up that. Margaret Richard had 30% off her workout videos this weekend , so I ordered her body bar workout, now that I own a body bar.

Tonight we'll meet friends and watch a couple local bands at a fest. I think the trip to WI to overnight at bf's friends new house is off. We'll go to another fest in town that's a labor day weekend tradition for us.

I'm taking Tuesday off work so yay for a nice long weekend.

Time to get dressed & get busy. TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 09-03-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:17 PM   #8  

Just spent a couple hours cleaning an area rug and then cleaning the machine. I'm pooped. Have to take a break before I hop in the shower to clean me. May sell the cleaner and bring the rugs to a pro cleaner in the future...
Old 09-04-2016, 09:03 AM   #9  

Hi everyone. We had a very nice time yesterday and the music at th concert was so uplifting to my soul. We got home pretty late last night and DH wanted to sleep in this morning so we arent going to church this morning.

I am up by myself and enjoying sitting in the quiet and reading.

I over indulged a bit last night as we went to cheescake factory last night after the concert and I had the chocolate truffle cake. Today I will be cutting back and watching what I eat. I want another good loss at TOPS on Thursday.

Laura, your weekend plans sound very nice. As for the area rugs, I used to clean mine but now I just get them cleaned when I hire someonw once a year to come clean the living roon furniture. So that is the way I would go.

You will have to let me know how you like the body bar dvd and what it is called. I have worked out with a body bar before and really liked it. I need to get back i to a little weight training and thinking about going that way.

Good for you for committing to 2 workouts a week. The workouts that count are the ones you will consistently do!

Hello to the rest of the wordlies!
Old 09-04-2016, 10:24 AM   #10  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Thanks Susie for setting up the new thread. Sorry I haven't been posting - seem to be doing alot of flitting lately.

Glad you enjoyed the concert Susie and are finding more time to take a few minutes for you instead of frantically working all the time. I have never tried a body bar - did you like the results? I'd be afraid I'd drop the thing on my foot Eating out on the patio with friends - a perfect way to spend the dwindling summer nights. I like you always get a bit melancholy around this holiday. I really try to enjoy each day while it's still nice out.

Next week our temps are supposed to drop to mid 60's during the day and start to dip into the 40's at night. Need to get the boat out of the water and clean up the garden this week. DH said I have a few red tomatoes but I think they have holes from pests in them.

Laura - regarding your hip pain - I had that twice - bursitis in the hip (inflamed bursa sac in the hip joint). Moving more did NOT make it better. Got so that I could not lay on that one side in bed. At least it's a temporary thing - fixed with a shot of cortesone. Just something to keep in mind if it doesn't remedy itself soon. Sounds like you are also enjoying the fall weather. Do you and BF do bike rides in the woods once the maples turn golden? Some day the right pup with find you and tug your heart strings and you will increase your family

Shad - sorry your back is hurting. That sounds pretty intense. I hope it's something easily mended. ODDU looks like such a pretty dog. And a good size too judging from the picture on his bed Good luck with sorting through the kitchen - I think the overabundance of pasta comes from going to the store and finding all sorts of things that look like good ideas and then never making them. Or stocking a few things on hand for quick and easy meals and ... never making them. I used to do that - getting better at less on hand now.

Ceejay - glad you made it safely to your new home. Good luck exploring and getting used to the new area. Hope you don't get lost! Can't wait to hear of your new adventures. Anyone want in on betting how long until Ceejay gets bored in retirement?

Annie - please check in and let us know how you are doing. I know you're on your phone and it's not the easiest thing to post, but it would be good to hear from you.

Hello Dee

Not sure if I posted this but we too an overnight trip on Tuesday. That was sort of a bust and waste of time and money. Yesterday I got a prescription in the mail from the orthopedic guys with no note - just the prescription. It's for an arthritis pain reliever - not sure if that's supposed to tide me over right now when I can't take the over the counter aspirin stuff or if that's for after surgery. Sure would be nice IF THEY COMMUNICATED stuff. I called the office - of course they are closed. Nice person from the answering service said they will have the on call person call me. Still waiting for that call... don't expect to get one. Got my hair done on Wednesday with the new girl. It's short in the back and a bit of a bob in the front to just under my ears. Very easy to style - in fact you use a bit of dry shampoo to fluff it up. Ingenious I suppose until I wash my hair and get a head full of dough from all the powder Not that we have the time but today we are headed over to friends house. He just had lung surgery for cancer and DH will mow the lawn for him as he is unable and his wife, like me can't figure out how to work the tractor mower. Today would have been a good day to take the boat out of the water and maybe one last ride, especially since the weather is supposed to turn cool and rainy after today. Too much to do.

Just wanted to check in. I need to go get dressed as DH wants to leave soon. Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:27 PM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi all. Lots going on. My ankle has been swollen the last two nights. Too much running around during the day. Oh my kids. Just stuff. Ribs are feeling much better too. It is getting late. I will try to post more tomorrow. Hugs

Special hugs and prayers to Chelle. Putting down Santa had to be awful.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #12  

Hi! Today we are staying home with the exception of DH going to Walmart for groceries and we will visit his dad later today.

I have the bathroom to clean and the living room to dust. I will do that when DH is at the grocery. I find it hard to clean when anyone but me is in the house.

That is about it for me today.

I am posting from my phone so I will do personals another time.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:24 PM   #13  
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

Busy day for me for a holiday but then again, every day is a holiday in my life. Wanted to go out on the boat but it's extremely windy up here - gusts to 25 mph yesterday and today is only slightly less breezy. It just pushes the boat all over the place and makes it very hard to dock it. Not sure it was worth us putting it in the water as we have only used it twice since we moored it. But that is the weather - it was either rainy with a chance of thunderstorms or if it was sunny like today - too windy to go out. DH is going to spend the day staining more deck boards - he said he has about 50 more to do. I have a big pile of stuff that needs attending to and inside my head I am shaking my finger as I have 3 and a half days left to get everything ready for surgery.

I never did hear back from the doctor's office on what I was supposed to do with this Celebrex prescription

Yesterday we made grilled pork chops - a friend gave us a small jar of habanero peach jam that DH topped his chops with. He said it was good but very mild as habanero goes. He liked my peach sauce with peach chunks (a peachy version of apple sauce) better. We had fresh corn on the cob - the corn season is done with I'm afraid as now it's getting tough and starchy. And my one compromise to boxed food - Rice A Roni - a favorite for DH. I am trying to clear a large enough space in my freezer to hold a six pound bag of ice as I have to ice my knee 20 minutes on the hour for the first 2 days or so. I am also going to get 2 bags of frozen green peas but I don't know how well they refreeze once you've used them. Peas work well as they "surround" the area better than an ice pack.

Michelle - I'm sorry that you had to make that difficult decision and put Santa down but it sounds like he was very sick with the seizures and they were just getting worse. Never an easy decision and I'm sure it will leave a giant hole in your heart.

Annie - oops on the foot hurting. I will use that as a lesson that it's not a good idea to push too hard while you are still healing. Were you walking or on your scooter? That's one of the things they warned about over and over - do the therapy strengthening exercises but be mindful of too much walking around. I'm sure you must be antsy and eager to just get on with things... Glad the bruised ribs are starting to heal too.

Laura - saw your friend's post on FB - were you at a festival / carnival this weekend?

Susie - I'm with you on that one - I get so much more done when I am by myself. Even if DH is outside, it always seems when I am headed to the sink he beats me in and takes 90 minutes to wash something or is always underfoot. Can just focus better when you're alone. Maybe you need to send DH out on more errands

That's it for me. Enjoy the holiday today. The bad news is that summer is over, the good news is that autumn is around the corner and we can enjoy that last month of gorgeous weather.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,

Lordy but this site is flaky. Cursor shot off to I don't know where and gave me a new tab, but I couldn't get back to this one. Therefore I have lost my post. Fortunately it wasn't very long at that point.

I went off for my CT scan and have the results back. Last couple of days have been a bit odd. To put it simply - ie, not in the language written on the report - I have Osteo Arthritis in the Lower spine. There is no rupture of the disc and no compression of any nerve roots. So that explains the pain. Apparently there can be flare ups and this is one of them. I am informed it will subside. When is another story.
As well the CT showed I have a calcified aorta, a calcified uterine fibroid and a possible ovarian cyst in the right ovary. So now a pelvic ultrasound is required. Bah humbug. I rang them up and requested the scan and they wanted to know all about it. So I read the paragraph about the ultrasound complete with all the rotten words medics us - she was laughing at me when I was trying to get my tongue around minimally ectatic at 22mm just below ??? of super mesenteric arteries. Yes the ??? is in the letter.
So when I went to translate this letter, I find that calcified arteries are what used to be called artherio schlerosis or hardening of the arteries - which is what my father had and what one doctor told me that 'ladies' do not get. Guess I am not a lady.
Anyway, I am to present myself at the x-ray place at 12.30 on Thursday with a full bladder. Apparently I have to empty it at 11.00 and drink a litre of water by 11.30 and then get to the x-ray place which is just down the road a bit and not pee on the floor before I am dragged in to the ultrasound. Nice. Sorry if that was TMI.

Happy - I would not be happy at all at taking that Celebrex. I know it is a pain reliever, but it has some horrible side effects. I looked it up. Can't they find something to fix something without all those dire warnings. Anyway, you will be getting ready for this procedure and I hope it goes well for you and you are relieved of the pain you have been in. You can always refreeze the peas, but they won't probably make good eating afterward. Maybe just consider them to be an operational cost? Unless you crush the ice, you are always going to have a problem fitting it around the joint.

Susie - hope you got all the housework done. If finished, come and do mine. It will be an exercise in stretching and dusting and avoiding the dogs kisses.

Annie - get back on the couch and let the kids run around after themselves. This is the time you must take to get that ankle healed. All their crap can wait.

Laura - sounds like you have your head in the right place. B/F Mum will probably take some settling in to her new pad. What is b/f going to do when he finishes school stuff? The ODDU is certainly a character, sometimes too much of one.

Ceejay - you certainly look more relaxed now. There were some great photos of you on Facebook. Retirement may have been just what you needed. The family seem to be happy you are there too.

Well I guess it is time to feed the screeching cat and the quiet one as well. Sometimes forget he is there until he tries to trip me up in the kitchen. Didn't get all I wanted to get done today but there is another day tomorrow (probably) without interruptions (presumably) and - oh yes got to remember, the doc said could be a good idea to lose some weight. How many years have I been trying for that??
Old 09-06-2016, 10:48 AM   #15  
Choose your hard

Hi ladies,

I have a list of errands a mile long today and of course it's raining buckets out there. Oh well... good thing I am not made of sugar!

Shad - I am sorry to hear of the various ailments. Yes, I too was horrified at the information on the Celebrex I found. On the fence about taking it. I think that's actually true of any arthritis type drug on the market right now. Lyrica can also cause many issues - I got off that right quickly too. Right now I can't take my usual pain reliever and Tylenol (safe before surgery) generally does nothing but this weekend I found Tylenol for Arthritis pain. Despite the warnings of impending liver failure I have been careful to take only 2 tablets a day (6 is the maximum dosage) and just those 2 seem to take the edge off the pain to the degree that I can hobble around and get some things done. If I am on my feet for too long I just have to sit down for a bit and then get back to it again. Since it's your lower spine you might benefit from an ice pack followed by heat once or twice a day. We have a linament that DH says sometimes helps his back, sometimes not but worth a try. Man what a bummer about finding the extra things on the test. Is this something to worry about or just natural aging? Last time I heard the term "hardening of the arteries" was with my grandmother - and yes, she was also a lady Maybe the doctor needs to re-read his medical books! My Mum's doctor tells her that aging naturally stiffens them - and her occasionally puffy ankles and poor circulation are an end result of that. Thank you for the comment on the frozen peas - I knew I would not be eating them once I used them on the knee, I should have clarified that I was unsure if once they thawed on my leg, would they re-freeze into a giant lump or would they again break up enough to cover the knee better than a bag of ice. We'll see I suppose! I can always bust it with a hammer I can just see DH cussing with a sea of green peas all over the floor and a broken bag - I TOLD you to put it in another ziploc bag before you attempted to break it up! Thank you for the good wishes. I hope your test results are good too with minimal intervention. Although that full bladder test would not work very well with me. Best give me a pan I can shove between my legs while I waddle over to the x-ray - don't lay me near any electrical cords

Annie - are you staying off the computer because you are in funky land again? Or are you just bored and over this recovery thing?

I need to jump in the shower and shave my legs. I scheduled a pedicure today. Wasn't sure I would be able to get in so a week ago I trimmed my nails. Since I can't see detail on my toes very well I cut them short so not sure there is much to pedicure but at least hopefully my feet won't be at their ugliest on Friday on view for the world.

Have a good day all. Will check in later for updates.
Closed Thread