Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #511  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

You people are all talking about gardens and it's snowing again here. Boo!

Kelijpa I always thought I was a pretty boring eater! Actually my bf gets pretty bored easily and I have to change things up a lot for him.

Down 1.9 this morning. 3 pounds to go and I'm done with this stupid water weight! TOM is over too, so that may help my cause a little.

Yesterday was a rest day exercise wise. Calories were 1646:

Hamburger patties with dill mustard and onion
broccoli with mayo dip
piece of salted dark chocolate
the last of the halibut
some cheddar stuffed sausage slices
one anchovie (had to try it - yuck)

I also had a spoonful of the potato whip I made my bf for work. I used two mashed potatoes, cooked asparagus, fried onions, whipping cream, butter, cheddar cheese, garlic and pepper. OMG. That may be a future cheat meal. I literally just throw stuff together and hope it works. That one definitely did.

Started my morning today with 3 free range eggs cooked in coconut oil and some carrots. Now that I've got most of the water weight off I'm going to start varying the vegetables a bit more.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #512  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitie9399 View Post
Question: This doesn't make sense to me, why does myfitnesspal add more calories to my daily allowance after I exercise--for me, eating more doesn't make me lose weight, I actually don't lose anything if I follow their advice. Why would they tell me to eat back the calories I just burned off?
Because they don't want you eating too few calories so it takes into account calories burned to keep you as close to daily allowance as possible..you can choose to eat them back or not, that's your decision to make just as long as you don't go above allowance and not below 1,200. HOWEVER, a lot of people overestimate calories burned so always assume less than what a machine or MFP tells you you've burned. I have a Sportsline that says I burn easily 500-600 cals after a 5k jog (I wish) but realistically I know it's closer to 300..or less. Depends.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #513  
Warrior Princess

I'm still lurking.. I've been very busy but I'm still on track.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:03 PM   #514  

S/C/G: tracker

Height: 5'4"

I don't post here often, but for some reason reading your posts keeps me motivated! My progress isn't as quick as I thought it would be.. it's been ages since I started but I can now finally say it: I AM NO LONGER IN THE 200's!!!! That feels AMAZING! I am 199-198 lbs, and I am not planning to go back. This makes me so happy!

Looking back, I feel like I lost nothing at all.. but seeing my tracker made me realise it: I was FAT. I mean, I am still fat. But I was REALLY fat. I lost almost 30 pounds.. my goodness. I still see myself in the "starting weight" range, but then I take a look at my tracker and realise I am halfway through. I am done with HALF my journey. That's mind-blowing to me! I can't believe I lost 30 pounds, and I have almost as much to go!

They say that the second half of your weight loss is what makes the true difference, I hope so.

Last edited by Health Nut; 03-28-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Health Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:43 PM   #515  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Novangel WALKING DEAD finale Sunday!!!!!!! I'm practically on pins and needles
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:55 PM   #516  

S/C/G: 150/146.6/120

Height: 5'4

Radiojane I know what you mean! It's snowing here too! Gardening seems like it's a looong ways away.

I weighed in at 145.6 today, which I was very surprised about since I went out for sushi yesterday night with friends! I didn't use nearly as much soy sauce as I usually do, so maybe I was just being very careful with the sodium.

B: Green smoothie
L: greek yogurt with sliced strawberries, walnuts and sunflower seeds; handful of carrots
I had a coffee with cream.
D: 2 eggs scrambled, smoothie, almonds

I managed to make it to a hot yoga class before dinner, which was nice. Lots of studying otherwise, I wish I was making it out to the gym but oh well! I'm going to have lots of free time to hit it hard after my exams!
thekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #517  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

The snow has melted on my garden, but I'm sure it's frozen hard as a rock, and they hinted at the possibility of a couple of inches of snow possible in the near future...I'm a bit jealous Larry, best of luck with your raised beds, they look great.

Health Nut congrats on reaching Onederland, it's nice to reach milestones, keeps you going.

RadioJane love the sound of that potato whip!

We had Chinese for lunch/dinner it was good, then we went to the rail trail, hit the nicest part of the day, it was good to be outside.

Diana hope you had a good day!

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #518  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Kelijpa I agree about the reasons for the flare up. It's funny since I feel that I am handling things OK. The mind/body is saying something else. I started yoga to help with the stress. I'm sure it does, but it's probably just not enough. I probably need to start the chanting out loud. No one would come near me or even want to risk stressing me. How did your DH prepare the Jamaican sweet potato?

Larry
Great job on the garden! I know you will enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Waterbunny Good job checking in!

Ian Keep working things.

Alaskanlaughter Enjoy your weekend.

Syckgirlsfv Sounds like you did a great job with your classes. It's not easy working and going to school.

Sum Hi

Radiojane Great job on the 1.9 pounds.

Novangel
Hi

Health Nut Congrats on Onederland!

Thekiwi Congrats on your weigh in.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #519  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1370 calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)

Grilled salmon 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Pyramid Power
GYBB Total Body Torch w/5's
Gilad's Quick Fit Cardio Classic
Old 03-28-2014, 11:49 PM   #520  

S/C/G: 229/216/180

Health Nut, my progress is quite slow too and I feel lately that I have not lost a pound in at least 2 weeks. Guess I'd better jump on the scale. But if I haven't at least I eat a lot better than I used too, though today I did indulge a bit, but not by how much I ate but what I ate.

B: 2 eggs with cheese
S: 1 scoop chocolate ice cream
L: 1 slice of pizza and chips
Waterbunny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #521  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

ETA: WE ARE OVER OUR POST LIMIT. I DECIDED TO START THE NEW THREAD FOR APRIL RATHER THAN START ANOTHER ONE FOR MARCH. YOU CAN POST AT THE NEW THREAD IF YOU WISH. THIS THREAD WILL PROBABLY BE CLOSED DOWN BY THE MODERATORS. HERE YOU GO: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...e-welcome.html

I definitely have a flare up going on. My face, lips, and nose felt tight when I woke. I feel a couple hives on my leg right now. Hopefully it will calm down soon. Still no signs of TTOM, though. Not sure what's up with that.

We are going out of town today. I will probably get back late and only have time to make a quick post tonight. I will take a rest day from my workout, too.

Calories for yesterday: 1370 +
Weigh In: 165
Up: .4

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-29-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:38 PM   #522  

S/C/G: tracker

kelijpa and Diana3271, thank you guys so much! It's such a beautiful feeling.

Waterbunny77,
I so get what you mean.. it was a very very slow progress for me. I lost this weight over.. 2 years? It took me a lot of small changes. I dieted for a few days here and there scattered throughout, but mostly, I started eating healthier GENERALLY. Before this? It was ALWAYS junk food, 24/7.. now I actually find myself craving a salad and pure fruits and veggies if I spent too many days eating junk haha!
Health Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:13 PM   #523  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Just a quick check-in, worked all day raking and clearing our ditch, full of leaves and rocks, now it's raining away. I'll check in at the other thread.
good night all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:29 PM   #524  
JUST TODAY!

S/C/G: 212/168

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone. I got rid of the human house guest and things are back on track. Thank you for the encouragement DIANA. I'm gonna head over to the other thread to talk about eating. See you on the other side.
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote