View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #183
Katzepatra
N00B

Location: Cardboard box in PA - not homeless, I've just spent half my life moving and I get uncomfortable when I don't move and I'm feeling the itch.

S/C/G: 193/181/130

Height: 5'6"

First name: Kris

Geographical location: Philadelphia Suburbs

Marital Status: in a long term non-married relationship, going on 4 1/2 years

Children/Ages: 0 birth children, 1 man-child

Occupation: Sales agent for a ticketing company and freelance hairstylist

Pets: 1 cat named Simon

Hobbies/Interests: Books, writing, more books, finishing my degrees as planned, hair dye (i probably have enough on hand to go any color but green), learning about various religions and philosophical POV, going on adventures and finding things - I am really good at finding things.

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes and red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 8th, 2013 - joined here when my own efforts felt like they weren't enough

Starting Weight : 193

Present Weight: 186

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: everyone I know is into food and it usually is the center of my friends and families social interactions. My boyfriend is also an amazing cook and is particularly good with soul food.

Following any specific plan: not really, just the idea of eating things closer to the way they naturally occur and if it doesn't occur naturally, I don't eat it. First step is no more processed foods and I'm 75% there. I want try to do more organic but my budget won't allow it. My sister is trying to motivate me with pintrest (still not on that bandwagon) saying that people post amazing things so perhaps I may try it. Support is support.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Looking at it as a health change, in fact the way I want to look isn't really reflective in a number on a scale - I just picked a little higher then my lowest weight for the sake of having a goal weight. I'd be fine with being 150 pounds if I had some serious muscle and was in great athletic shape.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I know a lot of people but don't have many real friends. I never realized how hard it was to make friends as an adult so I hang out with my little sister, my bf and my cat. The plus side is most of the few friends I do have live in other states so I have free places to stay when I get bitten by travel bug and can afford to bite back.
Katzepatra is offline   Reply With Quote