View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
Happy Canuk

Default Fibromyalgia #198

Hi Candice, Joanne and Yami no Ryu.

Candice - I got your card, thank you. I did send you my PC, as a reply on your note. I used to send out cards, but now I find it a source of irritation so haven't done so now for the second year. My fingers hurt a lot, and that is the problem with writing out cards. Your family has grown and you are all looking wonderfully well (especially you, when you are sick). You know what they say - "But you don't look sick!" Yeah, right!

Joanne - I am sorry to hear that your son and DIL are still there and not planning on making a move soon. I love my kids, but I don't want to live with them, or have them live with me. When my son moved back home for a short time, several years ago, we reverted back to the MOTHER/SON relationship instead of moving forward. I believe that is just natural, but still I was used to having my house the way I wanted it. Enjoy your time at your daughters and a bit of a respite. Hope you keep feeling not too bad.

Yami - nice to see you here. I can't tolerate any of the pain meds either, so I have had to look elsewhere. I have OArthritis as well, and I have been able to manage it and the FM, through chiropractic treatment and massage, and a few other things over the years. I am better now than I have been in years. Not so much pain from the FM anymore either, but still get that darn fatigue and brain fog. I try to eat lots of fruit and veggies, and protein. I have done well with staying away from sugar and starches (in the form of bread, pasta etc) but eat potates and they don't seem to bother me. I have recently been diagnosed with Hypoglycemia as well, and that plays into the Atrial Fibrillation that hasn't been too good the past couple of months.

Take one day at a time, copy the letter you read here, and give it to those that need to understand.

I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year.

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote