Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Bikini Ready 2012 Challenge!

WELCOME TO THE BIKINI READY CHALLENGE OF 2012!

Hello! I did a Year End Goal challenge last year and I wanted to take the same format and make it BETTER for a Bikini Ready Challenge! "But wait, I don't think I'll be ready for a bikini this year!" I hear some of you cry, well don't you worry you sexy muffin panda, this challenge is all about losing weight for the summer months so there's a spring in your step and you feel more confident with your body than ever before - bikini ready or not!
"But wait, the challenge appears to already have started! I really want to join!" No problemo, my friend! The beauty of the spreadsheet format is that you can join in any time.
"I know all my weights from the previous weeks, is it ok to enter them as a new member?" Of course it is! There are weekly charts for everyone's weigh in, it would be better if you had your weight from the week before you start so you have a chance of entering the challenge chart!
Make sure you read all the rules and information and you're all set!

The rules are simples!
  1. Go to spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VN2dKT1E#gid=0 (For older participants, this URL is new which is why the original spreadsheet doesn't work. Please update bookmarks!)
  2. Enter your username, start weight, then scroll over to the right and enter your goal weight. Please remember when entering your starting weight it's the weight that you're at starting THIS challenge - not you're overall starting weight. Also, please do NOT put __ lbs as your starting weight, it messes up with the spreadsheet formulas!
  3. As this challenge is already a-go, please can all newcomers enter their starting weight and current weekly weight as the same thing. Since this challenge has a lot of people involved I can't remember who is new and who isn't, so if I see blank spaces I will automatically move you to the stand by lists.
  4. Each week enter your weight between Monday and Sunday, whichever day you prefer to weigh in.
  5. Finally, LEAVE THE LAST 3 COLUMNS ON THE RIGHT ALOONNNEEE. DON'T TOUCH THEM! AH AH! I SAID NO TOUCHING. YES, BACK AWAY. THANK YOU, PLEASE. You may thinking entering your own data manually is helping - it's not. I am your monkey slave for this challenge so let me take care of everything.

The random bits of info you also need to remember!
  • Please be careful when using the spreadsheet, I've had to rearrange columns and re-enter data because of carelessness. I'm doing my best to make sure the spreadsheet is neat and tidy!
  • If you don’t weigh in for more than 2 weeks, I will move you to the stand by sheet. Your information is still there, but it just cleans up the main spreadsheet so the people who are actively participating are only shown. If you jump back in PLEASE DO! Just post in the thread that you want to hop back in and I’ll move you back onto the main spread sheet.
  • I also created a group on Fitocracy for any users who want to be accountable for exercise during the challenge. The group is here: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4702/ - if you want to join the site then I have 9 invites going!

AND FINALLY, LET'S NOT FORGET THE CHALLENGE SIDE TO THIS AWESOMENESS!

This year I really want to emphasise that this is a challenge as well as a great way to stay accountable. "What do I have to do?" Nothing! Just keep entering your weights every week and I will sort out the rest. But basically I'm going to be monitoring your progress each week to find out who are our biggest losers for the week and giving the top 20 people points based on where they rank. So for example if you're the number one for the week you get 20 points and if you're number 20 you get 1 point.
"How are the ranks decided?" By your percentage of weight loss, which basically means how much of YOU you have lost, not how many pounds you have lost. This is fair because people who are at a higher weight tend to lose more pounds than those who are close to their goals. It's also how they decide who's the winner on The Biggest Loser

Below you will see 2 shiny charts, one is the overall ranking of who has lost the highest percentage of weight loss, and the other is a chart based on who is kissing a$$ each week and getting all the points - so basically the challenge chart!

Overall Chart:

Challenge Chart:

The challenge started the first week in January and will go for 25 weeks, which takes us to June. Remember the thread is always there to talk and discuss how you’re doing, so please pop by and say hello every so often =).

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-30-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #2  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

I'm in!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165|135|135

Height: 5'6"

awesome!! i'm definitely in.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #4  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

I don't know about a bikini but maybe a monokini for my trip to Vegas in July...
Old 12-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #5  
Metamorphōsis

S/C/G: 220/ticker/117

Height: 5'4"

Oh, this is the first time I join spreadsheet challenge. I'm in!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/165

Probably not a bikini, but would definitely like to have a better body for bathing suit weather! I'm in!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:38 PM   #7  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

I'm in. I need to get back on the wagon. My mind has gotten comfortable with my current weight and I stopped working out for a month now.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Yay! I can't wait! I'll officially join on wednesday!!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #9  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Glad to see people signing up! Don't worry, it's not strictly for people who are going to fit in bikinis it's just a typical summer weight loss icon!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #10  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

I want in!

I'm only about 12 lb from my goal weight, but I feel like this should help me stay on track for the first little bit of maintaining once I get there.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

I'm in! I want to lose 30 more pounds....and my original goal was to wear a 2 piece (not sure about bikini!) at my 25th birthday party at my moms. Parties at her house are always pool parties.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #12  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I'm in
Old 12-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 135/131/110

Height: Five ft 1 in

Count me in.
Love that you have a spread sheet. Hope it helps everyone stay on track!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #14  
tallnthick

S/C/G: 203/193/180

Height: 5'9"

Im in. HOpefully I can remember to weigh in!! Lol
Old 12-19-2011, 07:50 PM   #15  
Metamorphōsis

S/C/G: 220/ticker/117

Height: 5'4"

Oh, is the spreadsheet supposed to randomize itself? *was remembering the row number she signed on*
Closed Thread