Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hello Ladies,

I am up a bit ...... I know it is because of the candy one of my students gave me for new years...although I appreciated the thought it was really detrimental ....I have no control and for whatever reason I'm having a really hard time getting motivated this time around.

Breakfast: coffee
Lunch: Bagel , no cream cheese (ate it in the car while driving, it was one of those days)
Snack: sliced cheddar cheese
Dinner: Baked balsamic chicken thigh, sautéed zucchini , four French fries (baked) and a slice of Italian bread, small piece of soft mozzarella cheese.

Overall not a healthy day..bagel was a definite mistake.....carb overload!! I haven't gotten a chance to dig out my southbeach books....every day I say I'm getting serious and yet here I am....
been too busy to reach
Old 01-07-2014, 07:09 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Tomorrow is a new day
Old 01-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #213  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Come on girlie...get those books out, I need a buddy!

I am making all sorts of yummy SBD foods. Plus I am exercising like a mad woman. Scale is not being kind to me though, it is testing me and my patience. I lost 5 pounds last week and none this week...but TOM is approaching, that may be the one I should blame.... the whoosh should be glorious once it arrives here

Last edited by Sum38; 01-07-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #214  

Sum..I'm sure it's bc of PMS....
Old 01-07-2014, 11:40 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

127.0, I guess I'll take that back down 0.5.

B - 2 hard boiled eggs, light Blueberry yogurt
L - Shrimp fajita salad, black beans, about 12 chips, salsa
S - Orange, Coffee with creamer
D - Basil pesto tilapia, salad, animal crackers, orange
S - no sugar added Ice Cream, MRC Cappucino, berries, Magic pop rice cake
E - 30 Day Shred, 10 minutes on elliptical.
W - 8+ cups

will put my "chatty" comments on the chat thread.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:28 AM   #216  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Sum, five pounds in one week is a lot! I found that I lost weight in drips and dribbles: 2 or 3 pounds one week, then no loss for 3 weeks, but it all averaged out to just about exactly a pound a week in the end. Keep doing what you're doing and your body will catch up!

B: oatmeal with dried cherries, banana and walnuts
L/D: chips and salsa, chicken fajitas
S: lightly buttered popcorn, bengal spice tea with coconut milk creamer
S: 1 oz. dark chocolate, coffee

Exercise: 45 minute walk, 50 minutes of upper body strength and cardio

Last edited by Cattails; 01-08-2014 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:13 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Marlene, you always have such yummy menus .

Sum38 - I bet you'll have a massive whoosh in few days, or after those horrormones are gone.

I wont repost my menu - leftovers - egg foo young, red cabbage and sausage, creamy mexican crockpot.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #218  

Sum I left the SBD book at the other house (( but I did take the cookbook ...so I can make things from it. right now I need to be spoon fed this diet...a plan in place for me to follow, I shoudnl't be allowed to make my own choices. Going to see if my ex threw out all my stuff that I left at the house and if not I'm getting my book.....or maybe I can go online eand get a food plan. for today I'm following a low carb plan, similar to atkins. I think yesterday was some kind of turning point for me..so tired of feeling bloated and exhausted and just yucky.

Have a good day everyone....will log in later...
Old 01-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #219  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Yay, PMS is here with its cravings and bloat, fun times; ugh. I did not weigh in this morning because I am sure the number would had depressed me. So why ruin my whole day.

Yesterday I ate more than I should had, all SBD allowed items though. I had an excellent exercise day though.

Meals
B - Green tea/hibiscus tea
L - Pinto bean dip w/celery, California wrap (2)
D - Spaghetti squash, pasta sauce w/meat, Mocha Ricotta Creme
S - apple w/pb, Mocha Ricotta Creme

Exercise
Treadmill walk (4.2 mph for 60 minutes), weight lifting 45 min, swim 45 min

Weight
No W/I

Last edited by Sum38; 01-08-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
Marlene, you always have such yummy menus.
Thanks Tammy! Hope that someone gets some ideas from them, but posting them keeps me accountable to someone. Yesterday was actually a hard day to get balance in eating because of the stuff I had going on. I ended up just over 1200 calories, I try to keep between that and 1300. Had to have more evening snacks because I didn't snack during the day. 126.5 this am, but I'm sore from 2 consecutive days of Jillian & 30 Day Shred. Think I'll skip her today, I have a yoga DVD, maybe do that instead.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #221  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I'm waaaay behind, gah! I don't know where yesterday went. My whole Monday was spent with my parents at their house and then that night we watched my beloved Florida State Seminoles win the championship game in a come-from-behind thriller (GO NOLES!). I know nobody here cares, but I love me some football, so I had to say it!

In other news, I always advise people not to get wrapped up in their partner's/spouse's weight loss journey, but I'm still excited to report that my dh is "on the wagon" and lost 3.8 pounds at his first weigh-in this morning. Lucky him, he can do a "moderation in all things" kind of plan, but I'm proud he managed to get over the holiday eating and make positive changes the first week of the new year. Hopefully he can maintain his enthusiasm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
I'm happy to report that I have reached a new low on my journey, this time . I weighed in at 174.4.
CONGRATULATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
Mrs. Snark - thank goodness for redbox and only 1.27/night...we finally watched hunger games tonight. What a bizarre movie! Just....bizarre.
I wasn't a big fan of the movie, and I thought the books were only okay-ish, though of course they are aimed at young adults, so I'm probably judging them too harshly.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #222  

Yeah for spouses who see results! Mine is on a weight gain program so he eats tons of calories. Luckily he chooses things that are healthy and don't tempt me in the least. Like a big bowl of cottage cheese with figs chopped in it at 20h00 at night when I'd happily eat popcorn or chips if they were available.

I'm still a bit up but I am confident I will see the downswing again.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #223  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Cattails -- love your new avatar!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 01-08-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

My DH seems to become a bit competitive when I start exercising again. Now that I'm running again he's decided to train for a triathlon. It's good for us both because I don't feel "guilty" leaving him with all four kids to exercise, and vice versa. I'd love to start doing some weights again but running is the easiest, for now. It's quite hilly where we live so I can get a proper work out in just 30 minutes, if I have to. I'll weigh tomorrow but I think it's all working. DH is still lighter than I am though!
Old 01-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'6"

Ugh, Mrs Snark, you're right. Never compete with your dh. Mine's in a 'fitness mode' again and he was relatively fit to begin with. He's now uber disciplined with food and running, unlike me, lol!

Have to say though I'm managing the 3 times weekly exercise so far and upping my activity level seems to be working even without changing my diet or lowering cals so happy about that.
Closed Thread