Old 06-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #76  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

aspen Welcome!! Always love having new chicks join the challenge... sounds like you've got a good plan. The fitbit sounds like a lot of fun. Sometimes I toy with the idea of getting one. I enjoy listening to Bob Marley when I work out, too. Are you familiar with any of Sinead O'Connor's reggae tunes? I love them! She has such a wonderful voice.

kelijpa I'm having a hard time being strict on the diet, too. Having a mental "red line" is helping so at least I'm not gaining. But losing has become very slow. Not because my body isn't cooperating or I'm too close to goal to lose easily, but just because I'm not being all gung ho about it.

sum First, 150.8 IS 150 in my book, so you did meet your goal. But as for the lashes, I guess it depends. Will you feel good about them because you got to 150, or lousy about them because you didn't get to 150 on time? That's the problem with time-based goals... I think you should get them when you know you'll feel great about them, which could be now, could be later. All up to you and your psyche. We both had the same salad today, you with lunch, me with dinner. Love that salad... Yum! On the topic of eggplant. I do love grilled eggplant, but normally I grill up the whole thing. When you do your breakfast ones, do you just cut off a couple of slices and put the eggplant back in the fridge? Will it keep that way? Or are you broiling up the whole thing? Fun re: umping!

zumba Bummer about losing your personals! I'm sorry you battle with the site so much, and am grateful that you still stick with us! How did your room turn out? And no... I'm not tiny. That's not a word anyone IRL would apply to me. The bodice of the dress was snug (as it should be) and the skirt portion was very loose and forgiving. I'm still fighting to get into an old size 10 pair of Levi's. Tiny I'm not. I wish!

I've had a good day, on plan. I even made banana muffins for the boys and DH, and didn't have ANY, or even any batter. I made a note on the recipe once that a muffin was 247 calories or something like that. Um, no. Not today, not for me! Nothing much to report. I'm waiting for this heat to break! Hoping to go kayaking with my DSs tomorrow.

ETA: Full disclosure here. Just had about 1/4 slice of chocolate birthday cake. Ah, well... maybe a slight loss for tomorrow AM, but I'm pretty confident it will at least be a maintain. And that's how it goes around here. See note to kelijpa above.

Last edited by newleaf123; 06-23-2013 at 09:19 PM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #77  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

We're having some much needed rain, it got pretty hot (hot for us anyway) and dry, so happy for my garden to get some rain. I was resisting watering, but was going to tonight, someone else taking care of it...lol

Thanks for the encouraging words, Sum & NewLeaf I think I'd be in real trouble if it wasn't for the inspiration I get from this site, was so bummed when I was having trouble logging on. There's really nothing else like it, is there ?

I did 3 sets of 5 Girly push ups 2 real ones, wow what a difference, then 1 set of 3 planks, 20 secs. Each, I'm hoping someday to look back at how pathetic my upper body strength was and laugh...someday!

Sum, I agree with NewLeaf and Zumba, depends on how you're going to feel about it, I think you totally deserve them , you rocked that challenge, but I always go with my gut, if it doesn't 't feel right...

Welcome Aspen, I love counting my steps, I use a life fitness pedometer and run keeper on my new phone. Seems like a lot of people love the fitbit. Maybe I'll have to try it, can't tell you how long it took me to finally upgrade to a smartphone, now I love it, in fact that's how I'm posting...lol

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #78  
a healthier me

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3" Age: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
aspen Welcome!! Always love having new chicks join the challenge... sounds like you've got a good plan. The fitbit sounds like a lot of fun. Sometimes I toy with the idea of getting one. I enjoy listening to Bob Marley when I work out, too. Are you familiar with any of Sinead O'Connor's reggae tunes? I love them! She has such a wonderful voice.
Thank you!

I highly recommend a fitbit. I have the Fitbit One. The Fitbit dashboard is so user friendly. I can not talk too highly of it.

I will have to look into Sinead O'Connor's newer albums. I only know her older work. She has a great voice. Any suggestions of albums?
aspen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #79  
a healthier me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
We're having some much needed rain, it got pretty hot (hot for us anyway) and dry, so happy for my garden to get some rain. I was resisting watering, but was going to tonight, someone else taking care of it...lol

Welcome Aspen, I love counting my steps, I use a life fitness pedometer and run keeper on my new phone. Seems like a lot of people love the fitbit. Maybe I'll have to try it, can't tell you how long it took me to finally upgrade to a smartphone, now I love it, in fact that's how I'm posting...lol

Best to all
We had a lot of rain down here in FL today. We have a mourning dove nest in one of our palm trees and the poor thing was getting soaked while protecting the nest.

Thank you for the welcome!

I avoided having a cell phone up until about 6 months ago. Then my ex-husband said he would get me one and put me on the family plan (my son already has one). I could not pass up that deal.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #80  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Heidi, I have FitBit One as well, and that little sucker is so motivating. I traveled 18889 steps yesterday. Not nearly as many as Aspen tho I can't catch up with her, she is a maniac -- About the eggplant; I just cut up 3 slices each morning until the plant is gone; usually lasts about a week.

Keli That is how I want to feel about my lunges; laugh back We can only get better/stronger, right?

Zumba I keep imagining you in those dresses (does that sound freaky) and thinking you must look amazing in them with your small waist. Did you get your cleaning done? Clean house always makes me feel better. Kinda like having messy house reflects my somber mood. Clean house clears my head too.

-------------

I hit my 140's!! I DID IT!! I also had NSV. My bras have been huge - I bought them in January, size 38E - I went and bought some new ones in 34E and they fit beautifully. I only bought 2 sets for now; bras are so darn expensive and because of my size I have to get them from speciality stores or online. I got two very sexy, lacy ones with matching panties, of course

Plan for today

Meals

Bfast
None

Lunch
Veggie medley with salmon ( I love fish!)
Apple

Dinner
Pulled pork, slowcooked all night
Baby potatoes
Cantaloupe for dessert

Exercise
Walk 4.7 miles
"100" lunges
Swim 45-60 min
Maybe an evening walk, if not too hot. We had to skip last night's walk.

Weight 149.6
Down: 0.4 pounds
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #81  
Heidi

sum CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so happy for you!

aspen the album with reggae is Throw Down Your Arms from 2005. You can probably listen to some of the tracks on line. Some are songs you may already know, others not.

Weight went down, 152.7 this AM. Another good day ahead today, where the only obstacle is me. Trying a new recipe tonight for baked felafel. Looking forward to it!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 156/157/142

Height: 5"4'

Sum, You did it ! You did it! You did it ! You are in the 140's, which is something I have been working towards myself. Congratulations!

And as for the sexy bras, I don't want to be nosey about your relationship, but I hope your husband appreciates your new found sexiness. I know new lingerie has never hurt my marriage.
junem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #83  
a healthier me

Sum: AWESOMENESS!! So excited for you. I am going to have to go bra shopping soon also. LOL, about me being a maniac. I am so very surprised of how much I have pushed myself. I will need to slow down soon though.

newleaf: WooHoo! Those 140s are definitely in view. You'll have to let us know how the new recipe goes. I will have to go check out the album. I am in the process of making a walking playlist. I put I Like To Move It on and that one really makes you move it.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 271/222/175

Height: 5'3"

CongratsOnBoth Sum!!

i Am Getting Frustrated WithMY Slow Weight Loss I Know I Have To Hang In There
mboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

SUM congratulations..I am so happy for you.... Youve been working so hard , you deserve the success...I hear you on the bras.I am a 32DDD and have to go to specialty stores....it must be nice that you got new things...and a smaller size, yoiu will be more comfortable now.

NEWLEAF I want that falafel recipe!!!

Well I caved last night and had graham crackers. It was a rough couple of days..reality is setting in about how lonely I am going to be after the divorce....you can have a ton of friends and things to do, but at the end of the day when you don't have your family you truly have nothing. I loved being a wife and mother, I don't want to be anything else. I know in time this too shall pass and I will get used to being alone.....I hate it. Anyhow the graham crackers didn't effect me , I didn't gain from it...so all is well with that. I had my monthly visitor today so I don't feel as hungry. funny how hormones control how ravenous we are. I did a really intense toning class today so I don't feel guilty about not working out again tonight, IK"m too tired and need some TLC. By the way for those that have been following my love saga I have not texted or heard from diversion guy since last Wednesday and I have decided to close that chapter. It makes me sad but it is for the best. I don't care how lonely i am I am NOT contacting him...he can sit and wonder about me for a change..and if I never hear from him again I will have my answer about how much I meant to him.

It is going to be one LOONG SUMMER...

Trying to be positive.....and trying to be and 140 by the end of this weekend..wish me luck everybody...

xoxooxox
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #86  
Heidi

Good luck, zumba. You are going through a very rough time but it sounds like you've got your head on straight... I'm sure these months will be difficult; we will be here for you! My felafel are in the oven as we speak; they smell sooooo good. It's a Mark Bittman recipe, and I got it online here: http://drsukol.teachmed.com/2013/06/...ini-sauce.aspx

I'll let you know how they turn out.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #87  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Congrats Sum! That's awesome, can't wait for that day myself, but baby steps... You're doing great

Zumba- you will adapt and overcome, you've got lots to work through and you're strong enough to do it!

Things are going good here, had a good day today, feeling strong for tomorrow, plan on doing the same thing, my 3 sets of 5 girl push ups (I was feeling yesterday's push ups today!) 3 20 second planks, juice/fruit/veggie day, getting my water in, and couple of good walks, I'm at 12K steps today.

best to all

going to check out NewLeaf's recipe
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #88  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hello Everyone

Zumba I just make a new tab. I read in one and type in the other. It has definitely helped with not losing all that I have typed

Heidi that dress is so cute

Carma so sorry to hear about your Mom

Sum not sure what the situation is with you and your hubby but if you want things to work out I will pray for the best for the two of you. As I do for my husband and I and every other marriage. I wish I could afford to have and unbias person to talk to, I'm sure it would help.

Heidi, Thanks for asking about me I try to follow healthy eating but it rarely happens. I have good days and days that I just don't want to talk about. I have only exercised once and that was last Tuesday. My weight just continually goes back and forth and I know it's all due to lack of control. I have a ton going on in my life and it feels like time is flying by so I don't have time to do much of anything correctly. I am at a loss as to what to do to get my groove back. I'm diabetic so I really need to do it for my health so that I can be here to see my children grow up.

Please keep posting your meals those that do. I need all of the help I can get

Oh my goodness, I'm so behind. I kept my page up from yesterday and you all have typed a whole new page, wow

Last edited by love2b150; 06-24-2013 at 06:53 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #89  
a healthier me

(((((( Big Hugs, Zumba! ))))))

My ex-husband left me when I was 3 months pregnant. We lost our first to miscarriage and I had a scare with our son. His way to handle it all was to walk. My son is now 14. There was hard moments (not so many any more) but then my son and I are very, very close and I think it's because it has been us against the world. I think what hurts most is the fact that he ended my dreams. I always wanted 4 to 6 children. I wished/wish my son could have siblings (I run a family daycare, so he has always had *siblings*). I used to feel sorry for my son but he has wonderful male role models in his life and I have decided he actually isn't missing anything, it's my ex, he is missing out on knowing a truly wonderful person. He sees him every once in awhile but never will truly know him. My son is such a wonderful soul.

Remember to take time for yourself, care for yourself. You deserve it.

Last edited by aspen13; 06-24-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #90  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Aspen I'm new also

Heidi, what does egg plant taste like?, thanks

Keli, took me a long time to get rid of my BB but once I got use to my android it was great

Aspen, Sum and Heidi, do you have to have your phone on you at all times to start and stop it or does it activate itself when you start to move? I have the Nike thing in my shoe and I have to start and stop it with my phone while walking and I can't do that at work. or maybe there's another way and I just don't know how to work it yet.

Sum great NSV with the bras and undies Congratulations on the 140's, way to go

mboo even if it's slow you are still losing so give yourself a big pat on the back. It is surely more that I can say for myself

Zumba best of luck to you on reaching 140 you can do it

Ok I just recorded my weigh at the beginning of June I weighed 194.0. There ar 7 days left for me to get under that to have a loss for June. I weighed in today at 197.0. Can I do it????? Help me ladies please .... How????
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote