Old 06-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #31  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

zumba congratulations on the job!! They saw what we see, and we all believe in you!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Rennie:

Crow: Great to see you back!

Zumba: You will ROCK your new gig!

Sum: Lunges are tough! I think 50 is great!

Heidi: You did great with house guests, and I'm sure you'll hit your goal with no distractions!

Mboo: I often don't feel sore till a day or two out.

Moondance: Yay! I'm so happy for you. What a relief!

2FatCats: You really are a fitness rock star! Thanks for all the great advice and inspiration. I like planks better than crunches, so I'm glad to learn they are so much better for me!

A big hello to anyone I missed (can't scroll back on iPad!). DH and I just finished our evening walk and I'm getting myself psyched up to do my fitness challenge. I am still up on scale to 167.2, so I'm hoping to go down soon!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Jennifer: I took a walk also today. It was such a beautiful evening.

KeliJpa: I used to do planks all the time (hard for me to believe i was ever that strong)..they engage the core muscles big time .....

Sum: Classy? who me??? 50 squats is better than no squats....I need to start doing them again also, I got up to 100 and then stopped.

Moondance, I know nothing about Crohns disease and won't pretend to..but I thnk you are smart to look at the medication weight gain link.....meds have all kinds of side effects, not all of them listed either!! Of coures being Crohn's free is more important than weight loss but if you can get by without the meds to see if that is the culprit here then good..i look forward to hearing your findings..

Crow, I get hormone bloat also...some months way worse than others....bleh..glad you are back.

Newleaf, i laughed wwhen you said woo hoo after your inlaws left..

Love2b welcome!!! this is a great group...
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #34  

Hi all,

I'm nto going to pretend that I ate healthy today, but I did eat low carb..so Im hoping that shows a little bit of a loss on the scale tomorrow. i took a really long walk with a friend this evening....have shin splints so it wasn't the most comfortable walk....but I did it...

PMS is definitley here..i have a huge bloated gut and my boobs are KILLING me....happy when this will be over....

i need some major wooshes between now and fourth of july....

Oh and diversion guy is still texting..not sure what to think of him but right now have enough of my own problems to give a flying hoot about him and his committment issues.......

I am going out on friday, it will be the first time in a long time that i'm goingout but it will be a non threatening atmosphere...and i'll try and make good choices.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #35  

hey all...down a few ounces....I know it would have been more if it weren't for this bloat and the salty foods I had last night ....(taco seasoning is a ziilion milligrams of sodium). As soon as I get my next check I'm buying a box of salmon from BJ's....figure if I have fish a couple of nights a week for dinner that will help....

how is everyone today???
Old 06-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Good morning! I am down a couple of ounces too, which is better than the stall I was in. but still not where I was a few days ago! I am definitely starting to feel the squats in my thighs though--last night walking upstairs after doing 100, my thighs felt like wet noodles!! I would like a whoosh!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #37  
Heidi

zumba I make my own sodium-free taco seasoning and keep it in a jar in the cupboard, so maybe you could try that? Fish a couple times a week is good, too!

152.4 this AM. Yay!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #38  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I did 10 push-ups and one plank for about 20 seconds this morning, I felt the engagement...lol...definitely looking forward to getting better at both.

Zumba-we've been eating fish a few times a week now, we get frozen cod loins at Sam's, I read an article recently where they're saying there may be some link between red meat consumption and diabetes.

More later...best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #39  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

mboo, Thanks for the Welcome

Keli, thanks for the Welcome and any tips you have for diabetics please do share

Carma, thanks for the welcome and I have never even thought of raising my legs while on my back, if it will help get rid of this major pouch I have I will surely give it a shot

2FC on the 40lbs GONE thanks for the welcome

Sum thanks for the welcome I have a question what does egg plant taste like?

Jennifer, Zumba and Heidi thanks for the welcome, I hope I haven't missed anyone, you all are busy

yesterday I weighed in a 197.2 today I weighed in at 196.8 down 1.6. Not sure what that is all about since for dinner I had 2 doughnuts and tea but I'll take it. I didn't get any exercise in which will be the norm for Wednesday's but I will this evening for sure.

Have a great day Everyone
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #40  

My class was cancelled (grrrrrrrrrrr) so I'll be getting my workout tonight at the gym , i'm ready to start lifting weights,,,trying to figure out a schedule. I will be teaching class five days a week now so any workout of MINE has be done either early in the morning or in the evening......

Right now im kind of locked in as far as working full time or going back to school so this summer im just "doing me"..... Part of that is opening up my chakras and finally losing this weight.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Thursday! It's also Recess At Work Day!

Yesterday was a complete spurge/indulge day. Celebrated a co-worker leaving with bagels and cream cheese. Had a luncheon to distribute company awards, then happy hour as a "thank you for all you do". I really tried to make good choices, but I know I went way over on calories. Plus no workout. Oh well. It's only one day and I'm back on plan today.

Don't know if I'll work out today. We have new fires burning and the smoke at work and at home is thick! There are health warnings out, advising to stay indoors. Sitting here at my desk, I smell smoke. Not a good thing.

I've been trying for 3 hours to get to personals and I just can't. One of my job responsibilities is Crisis Management and with all the smoke, people are freaking. I'll try again tomorrow.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #42  
Heidi

Figured you guys were all sick of looking at my rump! New photo is from the wedding we went to last Saturday. The shoulder in the background that I am leaning away from so I don't get jabbed is my just-turned-14-year-old son. He's over 6' -- ack!

At the wedding, people seemed to really notice that I had lost weight since I was wearing a simply-shaped dress with no place to hide. It was funny, because I have seen these people quite frequently over the last year but they have never commented. My MIL said, "You have lost A LOT OF WEIGHT!! How much did you lose?????" To which I said "A lot! -laugh- thank you for the compliment!" LOL My in-laws don't need to know how much weight I lost...

Last edited by newleaf123; 06-20-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #43  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Moondance- sorry you guys are going through that out there. I'm always sad to hear about wildfires. Take care of yourself, stay safe!

Newleaf- funny how something triggers people to notice! It's a good feeling.

We had a walk today at work, them chicken BBQ lunch. Ate too many potatoes...well that was my big meal for the day. Might still take the little dog out for a walk, we're going to camp tomorrow night, so have to make sure we have all the tent parts on one place...lol

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #44  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I am so freaking S-O-R-E!!!!!! I can not imagine doing these lunges all over again tomorrow -- Inner goddess in me is so happy, closer to babehood with each lunge!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #45  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, all! Nice to see a new thread. My goal for this challenge is to not gain any more weight. Also, to get some walking and biking in at least 4 times a week. I joined a weight management program through my insurance company. They are sending me resistance bands, a pedometer, telephone coaching every 2 weeks, and someone calling me for referrals to therapists who deal with emotional eating. We shall see how it goes. I called in to a few overeaters anonymous meetings this week too. Somewhat helpful, but still not really my style - I tried their approach about 1 1/2 years ago. Things are still hectic at my house with kids home. Trying to keep up with logging calories in MFP.

Stay motivated, everyone! You are all doing terrific!

Last edited by guacamole; 06-20-2013 at 06:35 PM.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote