Old 06-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Sum: I am super sore too! Especially my thighs! I have worked the last two days on a committee to interview candidates for a new principal at our school, and my thighs burned walking around the building today! I did finish my 100 squats for today though. I still have to walk and do planks and push ups. My inner goddess appreciates the pain also

Guacamole: that's pretty cool your insurance offers that service! Good luck with it!

Heidi: Love the new picture! Beautiful dress.

Moondance: I'm so sorry it's still burning there. I hope you stay safe.

Hope everyone has a great evening!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Walked again tonight...this is definitely becoming a habit.

I'm going to do some lunges with kettlebell now....

Ate low carb all day until I caved and had actinympiece of bread just now....

Just saw a new diet trend...butter in coffee...what next?
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Zumba: Congrats on the Job. Somehow I missed the actually posting. You must be so happy.
Sum and Jenn: So haven't started my strength exercise so go both of you for getting it in.
2 fat cats: I was actually referring to just holding the legs up in place. Although your right those flutter kicks did bring back awful boot-camp memories, however if I could get to be the same size I was in boot-camp........Sorry to hear that you have injured your tush. Who makes the s'mores ice cream?
Heidi: Glad to hear that life is getting back to normal for you. It's always nice having guests but nicer when they are gone.
Crow: Welcome back to the challenge
Moondance: So glad the biopsy is negative. Stay safe in those fires.
mboo: Good for you starting crunches.
Kelipa: Join the exercise challenge. Although I confess I haven't started it yet.
Rennie: congrats on the weight loss.
Guac: Welcome back to the new challenge.

So for me we are in memorial planning mode. I didn't get a walk in, have to do it first thing. Meet with the lawyer tomorrow to answer probate questions. Ate calories within range but no exercise. I was up a lb on the scale but think the stress of my mom passing made me get my tom a week early. Ugh. Think I am going to start strength training next week as I will be back to work and the memorial will be all done.
Have a great Friday.

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 06-21-2013 at 08:54 AM.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #49  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Morning

Scale and I are not friends this morning; I am so sore (legs) and I feel my PMS bloat everywhere. But I did over eat as well. So today I am following my eating plan quite strictly and watching my calories. I think I will have mostly a veggie and a fruit day. My dinner will have the "meat".

It is also "100 lunge" day, we shall see if I get past 1 Those suckers are doing my body good!

Hubby and I have been doing, slow, evening walks together. Usually around 3 miles. I have been getting mega steps per day because it is an addition to my daily power walk session. We have a cute downtown and this new house is in a walking distance to it, so last night we walked there to watch our son umpire a game. Later on we will walk there to have dinners out (once I get out of the 150's). -- We are working really hard to try to make things work out, I am cautiously optimistic. -- I started IC (therapy) just to have someone to talk to about this. Friends can be burdened only so much, and at the end of the day, it is not their problem anyways and I would be asking awfully much of them to listen my sadness day in and day out. So therapy works. Maybe later on we can try MC.

Sad rant over

Plan for the day
Meals
Bfast
Sliced tomatoes
Broiled Eggplant
Feta Cheese
Lunch
Salad with veggies, no meat and no cheese, vinegar dressing.
Dinner
Salmon
Rice pilaf
Asparagus
Watermelon as dessert

Exercise
Walk 4.7 miles
Lunges; "100"
Upper body weight lifting
Slow evening walk 3 miles

Weight: 153.8
Up: 3 pounds
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #50  

Hi all..rushing to aqua class....just want to say hello. I'm down a lb finally. Legs are a little sore from my walking.....this weekend is going to be all about working out and getting a diet underway.

Sum I love your list of food....

Tty later....once again this site is making my laptop act up..too many pop ups!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #51  

The scale is not my friend this morning either *pout*. It seems like I just get stuck around a number for three weeks of every month. This month it's 166-167. It's incredibly frustrating, but I keep telling myself that I've lost almost 40 pounds since January. It was slow going on, so it will be slow coming off. Today is a rest day for my squats, push ups and planks challenge, which may be good for my sore thighs. I'm going to walk and maybe, just maybe, finally get out my kettlebells! I have to go with DD for her wisdom teeth removal consult, so I'll try to catch up on personals later!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #52  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Quick note to lungers/ squatters and the Scale:

Remember those are big muscles you are engaging and they are going to hold on to water to heal. I go up .6 lb after workout day without fail. It's a good thing!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #53  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I love sum's food postings. I thought I'd post mine (after the fact; I don't plan in advance like that); maybe it will help me with accountability. Will come back and do personals later.

Breakfast
Homemade cappuccino
Whole grain hot cereal
Banana mixed in
Tiny nibble of homemade anise pizzelle

Lunch
Garden salad, no dressing
HM hummus & tabouleh
Roasted, carmelized brussels sprouts
2 plums

Snack
Plain Greek yogurt with strawberries mixed in
Small handful of nuts
3 lettuce leave with tabouleh in them
Peach

Dinner
2 vodka martinis
4 green olives stuffed with blue cheese
Pan seared scallops
3 bites of baked potato
Slice of birthday cake
Decaf coffee with 2 creamers

Last edited by newleaf123; 06-22-2013 at 12:05 AM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #54  

2FatCats: Thanks, I needed that. I'm hoping the scale is up from my increased exercise. I have walked 3.5-4 miles everyday and done 100 squats, 30 second planks, and 10-15 push-ups every day for last 3 days. Do you think that's enough to make scale go up? Also, any idea why squats only hurt my thighs? I was hoping they'd do a little more for my flat bum! Thanks! It's great having a fitness guru on here!
Old 06-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 271/222/175

Height: 5'3"

Proud Of All You Guys Keeping Up With THose Lunges.

I HaveDone Crunches 3 Days Straight My ABs AreFeelingIt.
mboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 156/157/142

Height: 5"4'

I am going to jump on the posting my food bandwagon.

Calories today = 1470. Home alone all weekend; DH is out of town with old high school buds. I feel like I ate a lot today, and yet it seems to add up to a reasonable number of cals. Mom and everyone else always insisted breakfast is important. But my natural inclination is just to not eat till lunch. Sorry Mom. It was hard to roast just one piece of chicken, hard to find the motivation, but it worked out deliciously and I feel so satisfied, unlike if I had gotten fast food.

Bfast: 3 TBsp H&H with 3 cups coffee
Lunch: Healthy Choice Rigatoni plus my own Asiago
Snack: Granola bar and peanut butter
Dinner: 1 chicken thigh, roasted w lime juice and sea salt, 1 serving creamed corn.
junem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #57  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Jennifer: thighs as in quads, right? Make sure you far enough down. Go until your quads are parallel with the ground or a little below (even better). Make sure when you come up that you use your bum, not just raise your whole body up as a unit. Exaggerate the movement when going down - first poke your bum out then lower your upper body. Same coming up - make sure that the bum moves first, then the upper body goes up. Then clench your bum at the top. At first it will feel almost broken up, kinda like two movements stuck together. Bum out, lower body/ bum up, raise body feels awkward but it'll get smoother. I find myself 'squatting' whenever I drop something. It just becomes a natural motion. Think about how babies squat down and then just kinda hang out there, then poke their bums out and stand back up. Heck, pretend you have a diaper dragging your bum down if it helps!
Also - you can add weight to the squats. It doesn't have to be a bar across your shoulders - even holding something in front of you would work. Google goblet squats then use something heavy.

Time for bed - hope all are well!

Last edited by 2FatCats; 06-21-2013 at 10:44 PM.
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #58  

Wow, I started writing personals to everybody and computer went nutty on me...I really think there's something about this siteand all the pop ups that i get that are making it hard, it isn't my settings..grrrrrr...anyone have any suggestions, i don't want to stop posting here

I have lost two lbs since starting this challenge, and this is durig PMS bloat, so I am a happy camper so far. I have decided to try and combine a little of everything that I have done in the past that as worked ...IF, IE and low carb....I also am punching up exercise. Now that it is warmer here I have taken my thighs out of hiding and they truly are hideous !! Im embarasse given that i am an instructor that I should look this way......awful. To top it off the cellulite has gotten out of control. What good is being a skinny girl if you're going to look like a pretzel dipped in cottage cheese?

2FAT..great description of squats , would you consider becoming a personal trainer? I think you should.

JUNEM: What is H and H?

JENNIFER It is true our muscles hold on to water when we start working out hardcore..it takes a while for that to level out....

SUM; I bought the box of sockeye salmon....now to actually eat it..LOL I go to therapy and it is very different than talking to your friends. it is important to have the right therapist. My life has been **** the past three years and the therapy has helped a lot. Do it for you, noone else.

CARMA I didn't read about your mom passing, I"m so sorry. thanks for congratulating me on the job , its only one hour a week but I have been wanting to get my foot in the door there for a few years now.

KELIJ I consume way too much red meat....im' more scared of it causing colon cancer than anything else....not sure what makes fish so healthy given that all our waters are polluted but it has to be a better choice than meat.

MOONDANCE what is it about work gatherings that always include bagels and cream cheese? LOL....I swear, I think back and I think I consumed more bagels the years I worked in an office than any other time of my life. they sure are good though....and a better choice than donuts.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #59  

Well I'm down two lbs since we started this challenge...woot...I decided to just go back to low carb and i'm also incorporating some IE and IF into the mix. All things that have worked for me in the past. Im still annoyed that isa gen ix was a complete waste of my time and a lot of money...

Now that the warmer weather is here I have taken my thighs out of hiding...completely hideious...Its embarassing given that i'm an instructor. all those hours of workout a week mean nothing . My thighs have always been my problem spot since as long as I coud remember....and now the cellulite has grown to epical proportions. I'll be wearing maxi dresses all summer and I probably won't be seen in public in a bathing suit. I decded when my divorce is over to get lipo on my saddlebags once and for all, something I probably should have done years ago....but until that can happen im going to work my thighs like crazy to try and get them less flabby....gross gross gross......I loathe myself.

thinking about going to a yoga class today.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #60  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Carma I hope you are doing alright... have you started your 5-minute meditations yet? How's that going?

Zumba Are you using any sort of adblock software or add-in? I don't get any popups with the site. Sorry that they are messing with you! The way I write personals is in a separate "Notepad" window. Then I just jump back and forth between notepad and my browser, until I'm done. Then I paste the notepad text into the post reply box, and voila! Even if the website gets flaky, I still have my original text in Notepad. Congrats on losing a couple of pounds!!

Moondance How are the pushups coming? I can do about 5; maybe I should try to build up, too. I am so happy to hear about your biopsy; what a relief! Having a "probable Chron's" diagnosis sounds frustrating. How is the no-meds experiment coming? Sorry to read about all the stress with the fires...

Sum How fun that your DS is umping. How old is he, and what age-group does he ump? I know that my 12-year-old would like to ump when he gets old enough. When you have broiled eggplant slices with breakfast, are they leftovers, or do you have ambition to turn on the broiler that early in the AM? Turning on the microwave is about as good as I get. Well, that and my espresso machine. I'm glad to see that you are cautiously optimistic about your relationship with DH; I hope that all works out for you.

mboo

LindaWW How are you doing with your family gatherings?

2fatCats What are chin-ups with bands? I also am working on chin-ups, using the weight-offset machines. Right now I'm at a 70 pound offset, having started with a 100 pound offset, so I'm getting there. It's a long way to no offset, though! I've been to FL in August before; HOT! We go amost every summer to visit my parents, but seem to have settled on early July as our preferred time. Lots of thunderstorms and still quite hot. How is your glute? So awesome about your BF%!! I saw your note on the last challenge, that I can probably eat more calories than I think in maintenance. I'm not sure. I'm not terribly high-energy and menopause does really change things. The calcs put my maintenance level around 1600

JuneM

kelijpa Like you, I have disappeared, and I always do better when I'm here. How are your pushups coming? Awesome that you got 10 under your belt the other day!

love2b150 How are you doing with eating OP and getting your exercise? What kind of eating plan are you following? I don't really follow one, other than the mantra of healthy foods & portion control.

crow

jennifer It's so nice that you and DH do all those walks together. My DH and I do some evenings, too. I really enjoy the time to reconnect. I am SURE what you are experiencing is water weight, with all your soreness; you are doing great!

guac I think your goal is a good one. Then you can build on that success.

Many of you talk about liking that feeling of being sore... honestly, I can't stand it. For me, it's a sign that I'm overdoing it; I'm just not gung-ho when it comes to exercise. Call me a tortoise, slow & steady.

Well, I hit my redline this morning, 155.1! I think it was a lot of water retention after the restaurant meal last night. I decided NOT to have a salad for a change, so I'm sure there was some salt bloat, and the 2 martinis didn't help either. I felt really dehydrated this AM and am hoping tomorrow's weigh-in shows a reversal. Had crap for lunch today, so the plan is a very light dinner. Ugh -- need to get on track here.

Breakfast
100% whole grain hot cereal
banana mashed into it
a couple of fresh strawberries
HM cappuccino

Lunch
grilled chicken breast
french fries
small ice cream in a dish

Snacks
nibble of HM pizzelle
peach
15-cal popsicle

Dinner
Small handful of nuts
Large garden salad, no dressing
HM roasted Brussels sprouts
Peach
Plain Greek yogurt with strawberries mixed in

Last edited by newleaf123; 06-22-2013 at 09:05 PM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote