Old 06-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #136  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Zumba Congrats on your new and wonderful gig! I am so happy that you started out with a BANG! -- I never get dizzy or shaky when hungry, I don't know why. That is why IF seems so easy for me to follow. I don't even get hungry before 2 pm anyways and then those 3 hours usually goes by fast cooking and cleaning. Biggest obstacle; avoiding sampling during the cooking process, that takes a lot of willpower.

Off to my walk, so TaTa for now.
Just sending to all!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #137  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Sum Take the rest days! Or else you'll end up with a pulled...glute or something equally embarrassing. I walked around like I had a dirty diaper for a few days. Not pretty!

Rennie I hear you on the sodium. I can only have 1500mg or less a day. Boo Hiss. Mrs. Dash sodium free blends are my best friends. I can't imagine that many kids! My two girls are grown, gone and married with kids of their own.

Zumba Did not know that about eggs. I did find out the hard way that butter explodes in the microwave...but at least it was contained!

The gym wasn't so bad yesterday - only 72 so not too hot. I figured out which exercise did my glute in last week: single leg romanian deadlifts. As soon as I started them yesterday I felt the same pulling - did I stop? Nope. But I did drop down to a lesser weight. I'll never learn.

I'm off to walk the girls 3.5 miles and then another shower and go to town to run errands. In this humidity I shower at least 3 times a day. I sweat easily and copiously. We are under a flood watch this evening - 2" of rain expected tonight. After this humidity and heat I can't wait. Just hope it doesn't beat my garden up.

Hope all have a great and On Plan Day!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday! It's also National Bomb Pop Day!

I've been out of the loop the last couple of days. Work was busy (ever had to take care of a roomful of executives? They're like children!) then rehearsals and board meetings at night. You know you haven't been home much when your husband says "geez, these kitchen counters are getting pretty gross". I said "so clean them".

Food & exercise wise: doing well on the food (didn't retain too much water from the Japanese food). Haven't been in to exercise in two days and it's killing me. Today I'm making time before rehearsal for my full workout, which is 35 min cardio, 40 min weights plus push-ups and planks. How freaky that I'm excited about it! The good news is that the scale is being kind, which is making me think those meds really have been holding me back. I'm giving it a month though, to fully evaluate.

I've got a ton to catch up with now that the exec's are gone. I did read everything and will try to do personals later!

Keep up the good work Peeps!!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Good morning, everyone! I was down .6 pounds today, so I think my over, over-indulgence is starting to come off! I have to be super vigilant this week. I have also not been exercising except my walks, so I am back on squats, planks and pushups today!

Aspen: Your level of walking is amazing! I am addicted to hummus--yum! It's a healthy snack too.

Kelijpa: How are your pushups and planks going? I am ready to start again, but I am still at knee pushups.

2FatCats: Definitely go for grad school after 40. Life experiences just make you both a better student and future counselor. I think you'd be fantastic!

Moondance: I hope the no meds is working. So, today is Bomb Pop Day? Boy does that take me back to thee ice cream truck days of my childhood. I loved those things!

Carma: I can't believe you get up and walk that early! That's the kind of motivation I need.

Heidi; Falafel=yum Any Greek/Mediterranean/ Northern African cuisine is my absolute favorite!

Rennie: Congrats on the loss--you are doing great!

Zumba: Yay on the job! Also DG texting you is pretty interesting--I swear, boys!

Sum: I took 2 walks yesterday too--we got absolutely drenched during the first one and ended up jogging part of the way home. I hate running like you hate lifting!

Guac: Bonding time and exercise with DD sounds fantastic!

Sorry to anyone I missed! Have a great day!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #140  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hey, friends. Very busy here, only have time to skim. All is going well. Got a juicer yesterday for my DH so we've been drinking a lot of veggies in the last 24 hours LOL.

Will check in when I can, but don't worry about me. I'm on plan and staying that way!

(air conditioner is still broken - 2fatcats I can't imagine exercising in the attic of an antique house! I grew up in one, and many years after I moved away, my parents install AC, so it's possible... their house was from about 1840).
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #141  
a healthier me

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3" Age: 42

I hope everyone is doing well!

The day is off to a good start. So far I have had 24 ozs of water, just starting another 12 ozs. For breakfast I had a grapefruit and 12 ozs of skim milk with a serving of protein powder. I walked a little over 4 miles, just over 10,000 steps, so far. Will be getting lunch soon; a piece of toast, 10 baby carrots, and a serving of hummus. I am going to make either chicken or fish for dinner, vegetables (have not decided what yet), and a carb that has not been decided on. I also have not decided on snacks. With all the exercise I do, I usually have to have a few snacks during the day.

I saw another drop this morning! Yesterday morning I was 153.8, this morning 153.4. Slowly and steadily losing my extra pounds. Looking forward to my first 10 pounds gone (151) and getting into the 140s.

Go kick behind, everyone!!
aspen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #142  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi Jenn-got the push-ups and planks in today, starting to feel pretty good about them, added 5 knee push-ups and 10 seconds on one of my planks.
More later
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #143  
a healthier me

Did my afternoon walk, around 3.5 miles. This evening I will do another walk. I try to get in at least two walks but prefer three or four depending on the amount of miles of each.

For snack I ended up having a veggie omelet. Yum! And had my treat, a Schwan's ice cream cup. Dinner will be Tilapia, California blend (carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower), and roasted sweet potatoes.

Typical to FL summers it's looking like a storm is brewing. I enjoy sitting out on the lanai and listening and watching the rain.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all.....Had my zumba class this morning, then got my mammo and sonogram..winds up I need a biopsy even though they think its just cysts..so here we go...I went through this last year. I"m not going to worry about it. Its more of an inconvenience at this point than anythng else. Whiel everyone else is planning an enjoyable fourth of july weeknd Im planning a biopsy and then i'll be spending the rest of the weekend alone at home doing nothing. No wonder I eat....

I had two eggs today, some pot roast for lunch and an isalean bar. I feel a little worn out from spending three hours at the hospital getting tests done. I am going to try and get to the gym to lift weights tonight.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #145  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Zumba good luck with your biopsy! As you said, more often than not, it's nothing. Doesn't help the stress, though.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #146  
a healthier me

Zumba: I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you and praying.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Zumba, just went through it myself...and it was nothing. Hang in there!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #148  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Zumba- sux, but is for the best. I'll never forget when I was younger going through the compression one at the hospital, they must have done it four times, then finally sent me for ultrasound because they couldn't see through, of course they didn't tell me that 'til the end. Hope all goes well for you!

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 06-27-2013 at 05:41 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #149  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi ALL

Sum great going with the 11 days in a row. One day I'll be able to say that. Good for you on taking a rest day Fasting and still working out, I applaud you

Zumba good day planned Prayers and positive thoughts and strength are sent your way

2FC I call our house the fun house. I've had eggs do that with butter in the microwave also now I just cover them with paper towel and tada no mess

Moondance, LOL on you and hubby's conversation great planning on the exercises and even better that you want to do them

Thanks Jennifer and good job on the .6 down

Heidi have fun with your juicer

Aspen good job on the .4 down, slow and steady you had a great day

Keli work out done

I weighed in this morning a pound down at 191.2. My eating plan didn't go as it should have I caved during the kids snack time and ate 6 (yes six) vanilla creme cookies.

Here is how my meals went ....

Breakfast
yogurt orange cream and apple turnover
1/2 c spinach and artichoke stuff I made
~I used an entire container of spinach and 3 tablespoons of the spinach artichoke dip by Tostitos
apple

Lunch
apple slices
grapes
watermelon

Snack
6 unplanned vanilla creme cookies

Dinner
spinach and artichoke concoction with parmesan cheese to give it flavor
1 turnip
cup of low sodium V8

just had a very small piece of a 80/20 burger I cooked for day five. I don't know why I cooked them today. Maybe because I won't feel like it tomorrow and my Auntie just invited us over tomorrow for ice cream and cake. I don't want to not go since I told her I would come but birthday cake is a major weakness for me unless it is chocolate then I don't want it anyway. So hopefully it will be chocolate.

Tomorrow is day four -- as much as eight bananas and three glasses of milk and the cabbage soup.

Last edited by love2b150; 06-27-2013 at 08:25 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #150  
a healthier me

Well, finished my evening walk, did almost 3 miles. Now I am going to go see if anything good is on tv or watch something on the DVR...I need some mindless tv time. Need to go find a snack also. Maybe an apple with peanut butter. Right now my calories burned are almost 1,000 more than the calories in. Yay! I try for 500 to 1,000. So even with a snack I am good.