Old 06-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Go through "Photo Bucket", you can upload a picture there. Get the "direct link" then click on the little insert image icon on the message posting & you are done! I still have an issue with the SIZE of my photos, but I'm trying! When you are trying to upload a photo, do a preview...it'll help you see if you did it correctly. GOOD LUCK!!! Hope to see pics soon!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #17  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good thoughts, I love quotes!

MrsTA~I send photos to myself in email before posting to fb, it automatically will resize, I'm sure there's many other ways to do it, but that's the easiest for me, especially for multiple pics.

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #18  

Cool idea kelijpa! I'll have to try that! Cause sometimes I get a little frustrated with Photobucket...or at least how my computer connects to it. I did have a decent post almost ready to post last night...then we had a brown out! Just enough to have my machine shut down to protect it's circuits & stuff. Oh, well...so where was I? Hmmmmmmm...
Been busy with work & H's appts. If I'm not at work, I'm taking H to the dr. & if not at one of those...probably trying to get some sleep. That's okay though, H seems to be doing soooo much better. He still has to go in for his cumidin checks about 2x a week. But we are hoping that is almost at an end. Got his stitches out Tues. He is finally walking pretty much normal again. I go with him though because some of his meds make him a little light-headed at times.
We are trying very, very hard to get back on schedule walking & healthy eating wise. We want to get him off as many meds (safely) as we can by Halloween...his 53rd bd. It would be a gift we both would LOVE!!!
Well, I'm going to try & catch up with everyone. Hope everyone is doing well. It's been really hot here in N. CA. Hitting the triple digits, UGH! I think H & I need to move to a cooler climate cause the older we get the less we like the heat & we get a little (a lot?) cranky. Nothing worse than a crany old person, huh?
Anywhos, I took these where H goes for his cumidin check. Enjoy! Stay cool! Stay healthy!

Old 06-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #19  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Nice pics MrsTA, glad to hear DH is doing better, you guys have gone through some trying times, that's for sure. Just have to ask, how YOU are doing? We've been having the opposite, some days not getting much past 60 and rainy, we talk about moving to a warmer climate when we get older...lol thanks for the dust!!

I love the heron photo, it's stunning!

Old 06-17-2013, 01:52 AM   #20  

Doing pretty well. I'm walking nearly every day, taking H with me. Eating has slowly improved. I think it's because more fruits & veggies are in season! It's slow going, but I AIN'T giving up!
I took H fishing last week & got some pretty cool pictures. Enjoy!

The photo of the Osprey in the trees is because some BONEHEAD decided to park his car & run his dog RIGHT UNDER the nest! I wanted to hurt him...badly! Totally stressed out the parents & babies. They kept calling to each other til he left. Why park there??? There's a nest & no shade. DUH!!!

Hope everyone is well. Be healthy! Be strong!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 156/157/142

Height: 5"4'

Hi all.
Nice bird pics Mrs TA. I am glad to hear DH's health is improving.
I haven't run since May. Decided its time to go back to "Couch to 5K" progression. I jumped in at week 3 (of 9) and felt pretty good. We will see if I keep to it.
junem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #22  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Beautiful pics MrsTA thanks for sharing!

June, a guy we used to bowl with always quoted this line from a movie "never give up, never surrender"

Feels like fall tonight!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #23  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hi everybody. Sorry for the long absence. Sometimes things just get a bit crazy, and you don't realise how much time is going by... We finally have our warm weather again (after the darkest coldest May in about 40 years) and I'm loving the humidity. Crazy how most people seem to hate it, but I just thrive on it.

Anyhoo, hope to turn up for my long overdue weigh-in next tuesday. I'm interested to see what's been going on with my body, since I've kind of been ignoring for the last several weeks.

Mrs TA, I'm loving your bird pictures. We live right next to a river and herons nest there every spring. This year we seem to have a hawk or something. (Not so good with my birds of prey (not Klingons!) but it makes that typical cry as it circles overhead.) Glad Mr TA is better!

Missed you guy! Sorry to drop off the face of the earth like that!
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #24  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Welcome back. Magicsusan!

TOM paying a visit so not feeling 100% today but got a walk in at work today. It was a health function, then we had not so healthy but awfully good chicken BBQ for lunch, walked again after so hopefully not too much damage!

Best to all
Old 06-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #25  

Confession: Hula hooping is my secret ab workout. I think my one neighbor thinks I am a little nutty. I was wondering if there are any other secret or not-so-secret hoopers out there. I would love to learn some of the moves in the Hoopnotica videos but I haven't yet. I am not the worlds most coordinated person, alas.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #26  
mossfootrunner!

whoa, junem; I'm impressed. I have never been able to hoop, not even as a kid!
Kelijpa, sorry TOM is making a pest of itsself; I don't have any due to an IUD, but my hormones still mercilessly kick my butt whenever they feel like it. Feeling ugly and horny at the same time is a bad combo...
Old 06-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #27  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

lol MagicSusan, I'm sure that's not the best combo!

June, I recently read an article by Kelly Osborne talking about hooping being something she tried recently for abs, we were just at a festival and the hoopers do have great abs, I will admit to thinking about it...KO said that you more move forward and backward than swiveling your hips like you would think, is that what you're finding? I can't seem to get it swirling around so am hesitant to try. They were selling water hoops, she talked about that too, I guess it adds weight so gives you a harder workout.

I can hula hoop on the wii pretty good...lol

best to all
Old 06-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #28  
mossfootrunner!

Oh, I can hoop on the wii. Just not in real life!
Old 06-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #29  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Love the photos!! We see lots of nesting osprey in Sanibel, FL every year. I live seeing them grab a fish and fly off! Nice to see your husband out fishing
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #30  

I didn't know Kelly Osborne was a hooping proponent. I did see a fun video with Michelle Obama hula hooping.
I haven't seen water hoops, but I will say having a weighted hoop of the right size for an adult makes it a whole lot easier. I use a hoop that is 42 inches and 2 pounds. Yes, its more of a forward and back motion. It took 3 or 4 days to really get the hang of it. Again I'm not super coordinated. I find the easiest way to start is to but one foot forward slightly and propel it with that hip. Everybody has a natural direction, so try it both ways. I favor clockwise. And I like to try to go 10 minutes in both directions.

Last edited by junem; 06-24-2013 at 10:13 AM.