3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   JUNE Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/282958-june-chat.html)

junem 06-04-2013 01:39 PM

JUNE Chat

Ok, its my month. It is already the 4th of the month. I am starting a Chat thread.

Doesn't this make more sense than the very-cluttered challenge thread?

junem 06-04-2013 02:01 PM

need fashion help. My nephew is getting married on Saturday. Small church wedding followed by sit-down dinner at the Elks club. So dressy but not uber-formal. I don't have many dressier summer things. The forecast is for 77 and rainy. About the only thing I could put together in my closet is pictured in my uploaded profile pic. YUCK!! I seem to be too pale, and I have the "farmer" tan thing with my arms. And I barely seem to have a waist anymore. HELP. I have time to go shopping but little cash. So Kohls it is I guess. Cheap solutions, accessory ideas, any thoughts will be helpful.

Moondance 06-04-2013 02:26 PM

The skirt if nice. Try to find a top with bright colors for the season. omething light and airy, maybe sheer long sleeves (to hide the tanlines, but not too hot).
Something tucked in a bit just under the bust draws the eyes up. Or go for something with a built-in waist..it really is slenderizing. Mostly, enjoy! Weddings are so much fun!

newleaf123 06-04-2013 03:32 PM

June I agree the challenge thread is too cluttered... but on the other hand it gets impossible for me to keep up with 2 threads! I think your skirt can work, but you need a top that has a big, fun floral print or something. Or, a dress in a big, fun floral print. Can you tell I like big, fun floral? Have fun at the wedding!

guacamole 06-04-2013 05:48 PM

Hello! I am trying to keep up with the larger challenge threads, but kind of gave up.

I agree that brighter colors for summer events always look great. I also think a little color looks more youthful than going with all neutrals.

I have really been favoring uber long maxi dresses in colorful prints, myself.

junem 06-04-2013 10:10 PM

Resolution to my clothing dilemma. Cute black sun dress with white polka dots from Marshalls, and a salmon color shrug to brighten it up. I was concerned that polka dots were not age appropriate for some one nearing 50. But DH insists they are fine, and the outfit looks good. I don't know exactly how to add a picture to my post, or I would show you all.

newleaf123 06-05-2013 06:31 AM

Sounds really cute, June, I bet you look great; go with your husband's judgment!

2FatCats 06-05-2013 09:18 AM

JuneM: Glad you figured out what to wear- now you can just enjoy the wedding!

2FatCats 06-05-2013 09:19 AM

@Heidi: It's been AGES since you changed your avatar...what's new for today's viewing audience?;)

kelijpa 06-05-2013 06:08 PM

June- thanks for starting June thread I had good intentions, but goo for you actually doing it!

Sound like you got something nice, I've really been looking at what other people are wearing for ideas, I like the idea of wearing more dresses in the summer.

:sunny:

newleaf123 06-05-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2FatCats (Post 4763401)
@Heidi: It's been AGES since you changed your avatar...what's new for today's viewing audience?;)

LOL I did try to take a full body photo in the mirror today but didn't like how it came out...

Moondance 06-06-2013 10:52 AM

June, sounds like you came up with something cute and comfortable!

2FatCats 06-06-2013 02:20 PM

Thought for today:

“It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.” ~Old Chinese Proverb

kelijpa 06-06-2013 07:10 PM

I like your thought for the day 2FC!

rainy, dreary today, got in walk at work 10K steps today, so I'm calling it good.

Pizza party for one of our military retiring, hopefully they'll have a veggie tray like last time...

weigh in tomorrow!
best to all :sunny:

2FatCats 06-07-2013 01:26 PM

Thought for today:

“It’s not who you think you are that holds you back; it’s who you think you’re not.” ~Unknown

And a little bonus :
“None of us can change our yesterdays but all of us can change our tomorrows.” ~Colin Powell