Old 06-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #31  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

I was thinking of trying the hardware store. I've never seen hoops except for little kids here. I'm not even sure the hardware store will help- it's not such a diy country...
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #32  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

We've been going to some music festivals this year, there's always someone selling hula hoops! This last one they did a really cool show along with one of the bands with flaming and lighted hoops (after dark... ) Let me tell you those ladies and one guy had no flab on the bellies!

We're going to another one this weekend, I never paid attention to where else you might get one, do they ship them...

Had a good OP two days this week, not sure why it was suddenly easy to stay on plan but not complaining for sure!!

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Everyone! I haven't checked in for awhile - and it's been showing up on the scales!

But I've been back on track this week - in fact, yesterday I ran 10K on the treadmill in the morning and then did a 5K night glow race! (uh, probably not wise, but oh well)

I'm at 155.75 pounds - (yes, I'm taking credit for that 1/4 pound )

And I've lost 2.5 pounds this week! My new strategy - only fresh fruit before noon (I can't believe how much fruit I'm eating, but I love it!), a salad with some form of protein (either fish or veggie taco meat) for lunch, and dinner - also veggies and protein - when I'm at goal I will allow myself a serving of whole grains at dinner. And I can still enjoy my wine (in moderation).

I think my problem before is that I was so restrictive that it wasn't a lifestyle diet it was just a diet - so then when I went off I went OFF. I can live with this lifestyle - in fact, I feel really good!

Well - just wanted to come and check in! Hope everyone has a great day!

Sheila
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #34  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Sheila:

Glad you're back! We have kind of moved our 'chat' over to the Friendship Day challenge. Not sure how or why but it just worked out that way!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:30 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 275/262/145

Height: 5'6"

Been away for a while but I am still working on losing weight. Not sure if anyone remembers me..my dad died, I lost my job two weeks later..4 months later we were hit by a drunk driver...anyway..I had started a journey of losing weight just a week or so before my dad died...then when I lost my job I decided to go into nursing with starting out as a CNA. But I thought the drunk driver ruined my chances..I have been working two 12 hour shifts a week.. still in pain from the wreck and it would take a ll week to recover from my two shifts. But the weight started coming off slowly with how physical the job is. I am being sent to pain management and have lost 20 lbs so far just from working at work. Last week I did start walking on our local walking trail and started water aerobics again. Some exercises aren't the best and I may have done too much last week so I am slowing down again until I can get into the Pain Management doc next week. My clothes are fitting a little looser and I can see my tummy has shrunk. Since I have so much to lose 20 isn't that much but I am happy with everything that has happened that I am still losing and not gaining.

I have turned out having slipping rib syndrome from the seatbelt...the doc doesn't really want me working at a CNA...I am waiting right now to see if I get into LPN school..if not I am going to do some college courses on medical office because I do know I can't do CNA work for too long due to the pain.

I hope all is well with everyone else..I know it sounds like I have a sad story but I am much happier this year than I was this time last year before my world fell apart. Everything is happening for a reason and I have found out i am much stronger than I thought...for some reason I think that is helping me with my weight loss even though it is slow going. This past 11 months has taught me so much about myself...I believe all of this has not only motivated me in my weight loss journey but some how showed me I was worth it...
onmiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 156/157/142

Height: 5"4'

onmiwei. Let me be the first to say Welcome Back! Your story resonates with me because my Mom died and I 'finished' a job I had hoped to continue, all in the same month two years ago. I have continued on my weight control journey since then, but my career path and emotional state took a real blow, from which they have not fully recovered.

CNA's and LPN's do such important work. and they are underappreciated in our society. I realized this when my mom was in need of care. Wishing you much success with that path.
junem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #37  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Onmiwei- I remember you, glad to hear you are working towards your goals, sounds like you have the right mindset to do things in a healthy way that will allow you to continue healing.

Wishing you the best
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #38  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Onmiwei, I'm sorry you've had such a tough time and I admire you for dealing with it so well. Are you thinking of medical secretary? Is that what medical office means? That might be a good choice. Good luck whatever you choose, and we'll be here for you on the rough days.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 184/184/150

Height: 5'4

Default Is it ok if i join you?

Hi, I'm new to the forum, hoping I can join in. My name is Lori, I'm 47 yrs. old, separated, not yet divorced, and mom to 4, plus 2grandkids. Hoping to lose 30 pounds or so!
LoriDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #40  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

LoriDawn-

Welcome,

Come over to the friendship challenge thread. That's where we tend to hang out!http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-s...llenge-19.html
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote