Old 04-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #121  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Has anyone tried Big Mac in a bowl? Since going gluten free a few years back, I have craved Big Mac on and off...I remembered some ladies talking about this dish. I had some left over ground beef and I did not know what to use it for, so I decided to try it for dinner...boy it tastes just like Big Mac. 416 calories
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 175/162/145

Height: 5'8"

I just joined today, too, and hope to continue and succeed with treadmill daily. I feel better already and slept better last 2 nights since walking on TM twice daily for last 5 days. My goal for apr is lose 10 lbs by watching carbs and cals. Biggest obstacle is ice cream; we are somewhat addicted
Val69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #123  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Hi Val and
Old 04-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #124  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

2fatcats: Sorry that you continue to get negative reports about your girlie issues. I do hope the surgery last week will solve most of if not all your problems.

Val69: Welcome to our little group here and to the entire forum. Your goals sound very realistic and I am confident you will reach them by May 1st. I don't know what plan you are using, but if you can have greek yogurt, I saw in Walmart where they are now stocking frozen greek yogurt. If you find some near you, maybe this can satisfy your ice cream cravings. Keep up the great exercise you are doing on the TM.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 175/162/145

Height: 5'8"

Thx, ladies.. If I can get my husband to quit bringing me 'treats' I'll be okay. I haven't bought any Haagen Daz in weeks, but he sees this as an opportunity to bring home unbelievably beautiful desserts from his club, very hard to resist. I did tell him last night that he would have to start keeping the junk in the little fridge in his workshop.. He said he didn't know I was serious so he'll stop. He's tall and lanky, typical tennis player body, but even he doesn't need that sugar.
Val69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #126  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Struggling today. Ate way too many calories earlier in the day, then felt completely stuffed and had no desire for food for several hours, but just ate another 400. Done eating. Will head to the gym in a few to get some cardio. Really losing steam the last few and hoping this turns around soon. I just picked up some new dresses that I really need to drop another 5-10 before I can wear.

Will check in w/ personals later.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #127  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Finally below my pre-trip weight, yay!! Now to keep up the momentum... In an effort to cement my commitment to trying yoga for 6 weeks upon my return, I bought some yoga pants before the trip. I finally tried them on last night and I suppose they look alright; not really I look I go for, though! My DH gave it the thumbs up, and I trust his judgement.

Yoga starts on Friday.

Last edited by newleaf123; 04-03-2013 at 08:54 AM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #128  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Glorious Morning to you

It is going to be a sunny but chilly day here in MI.

Plan for today:

I am volunteering at the Finnish center till 3 pm. I am packing my own lunch for today;
salad with tomatoes, bleu cheese, egg, peppers, onions and grilled chicken. 470 cal
Dinner will be another Big Mac in a bowl since I have some browned ground beef left 410 cal
And snacks are TBD, when ever I get hungry.

No time for a long walk today, but I will do strength training at the gym for 45 minutes after my volunteer work.

Shooting for total calories of 1300-1400 cal.

SW 165.6
CW 163.6

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy day!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #129  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

I am so grateful for this site. When I was struggling yesterday I came here and read and was able to stop the spiral, so to the gym, and stop eating.

sum, great plan!

newleaf, that's fantastic!

val, welcome! I'm with you on the ice cream. I have it in the house because of DH and DS..I find if I keep a single-serving low-calories treat to have instead I can resist...

zumba, I am so proud of you for figuring out what works and doesn't work and never giving up!

2fc, keep listening to your doctor and doing what you're doing..you'll be great.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #130  
Fat to Fab and Fit

((natamars))
Old 04-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #131  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

First: Val69 Keep on walking!

Down again this am (154). I guess the hospital weight is leaving! Only 3 more lbs to be back to pre-surgery weight! I like to think the number on the scale doesn't matter but it sure did hurt to see 158 when I came home the same day of surgery!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the get wells - I thought I had big britches and cleaned yesterday. Not the best idea. Spent all evening on the couch. That's the hardest part - continuing to rest when I feel better. It's SO BORING! I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to Lowes and get some gardening supplies. But I won't. I get the itch as soon as the sun starts shining in April. A few of my seedlings have graduated to 'big girl' pots and have taken over the upstairs tub (clawfoot separate from shower). Not likely I'll be soaking anytime soon. *sigh*

To the icecream addicts (Val, Nat, myself included):

Made this recipe yesterday - 2 servings
93g frozen shredded carrots
25g allnatural low sodium peanut butter
40g vanilla whey protein powder
4T milk
dash cinnamon
dash all spice
splash vanilla
per serving:
Calories:173
Protein: 19g
Carbs: 11g
Fat: 7g
Sodium: 64mg
Sugars: 5g
Fiber: 3g

Chopped it all together with immersion blender bowl attachment- voila'. Ice cream consistency and kinda tasted like carrot cake. Fat is a little high - pb - but that doesn't bother me. The ratio of pro/carb/fat helps slow down digestion. Notice it has 3g of fiber...in icecream! We ate it immediately - not sure how it would freeze.

I'm trying it today with frozen pumpkin (maybe sweet potato)and pumpkin pie flavored protein powder. Yummy!
I have more recipes, too. Banana, strawberry, Choco/bana, etc.

Natamars: We're all in this together!

Zumba Hopefully the 'going away on it's own' thing is quiet and uneventful!

Heidi WooHoo on the scale # - never doubted you could do it for even a millisecond. I could never trust my hubs clothing judgement . . . see an earlier post about dental floss undies.... I am trying to get the lady across the street to do yoga with me on Fridays. I may just have to start going by myself. It's just more fun with a buddy.

Sum Cold and clear here today, too. Hoping to takes dogs for a walk tomorrow - supposed to be sunny and 49! That's much better than the snow yesterday...

Fire I found (and bought) a mix of greek yogurt/cream cheese at Wally last week! Who knew? It's got the bite of yogurt tamed down by cream cheese. Not bad. Also found uncured low sodium bacon at Wegman's. 3 slices and only 165mg!! I don't eat it - the sight of it creeps me out. When you try to peel it off the pack and it's all stretchy and stuff *shudders* but my husband was THRILLED!

Just heard FedEx guy drop my vitamins off - hope everyone has a great day!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 210/206/140

Height: 64"

2FC...thanks for the recipe...sounds delicious and has low sodium content so it's a good one for me.

I've read the rest of the posts, but don't have time to reply. Sorry about that.

Anyway, just wanted to say that you are all doing good, so pat yourselves on the back for me. Keep up the good work!

Kristy
trukmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I am "new" to posting. (I used to be active four years ago when I was struggling with compulsive over-eating.) You all seem like a supportive group! I would love to join in! My goal is to exercise more and eat less and eat more veggies and less junk. I would love to be down 10+ lbs by June 1.

I am currently on Spring Break with my kids but I am trying to still workout and make good food choices. I hope to really kick it down once we get home.
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Sum I want that Big Mac recipe!!!

I'm doing cleanse today..so far not so bad......

Down a bit more again even though I cheated on ******** last night..

Already feeling a bit debloated...yayyyyy..

Personals later,,,
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Apparantlywecare not allowed to use the word I sa gen ix....

Hmmmmmm.....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote