Old 07-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I swam 10 laps in the pool today! That's huge for me. I had a hysterectomy 3 weeks ago. So I'm trying to get into an exercise routine.

My kids were going to have an ice cream after the pool. I skipped the ice cream and chose a frozen fruit bar instead. 70 calorie no fat. I love the Edy's fruit bars!

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday! Thanks for letting me join.
sunflowergal40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:36 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 225/221/170

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the thread Lisa!!! Congrats on your 10 laps, especially so soon after surgery. Fruit bars are more refreshing to me on a super hot humid day than ice cream. Don't get me wrong, I do get my fair share of that creamery goodness too.

No Rules Annette! I adore you! I will have to give that recipe a try this summer.

Hey Teresa *waves wildly*

I was MIA all weekend. We had a long tournament weekend with the Teen Queen (daughter). They didn't play like themselves, which was a bummer. However, as a family we had fun. Especially since Rambo (husband) was able to come with us.

I have not been able to weigh myself. I will do it first thing in the morning. Food wise, I think I did pretty well. I logged all my foods into fitday and had a calorie deficit each and every day. Ideally, that should mean I LOST weight; but we shall see if the scale agrees. I didn't make extra walking time, just the usual walking to and from the lot to the fields etc. We did also swim in the pool a couple days, so that counts in my world!

Hope everyone else is doing and well. I look forward to hearing you guys chime in later this week!

Keep your sunny sides up!
WickedCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:18 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 250/215/155

Height: 5'5"

Hello All,

I'm really liking Mondays. Even though I did okay this weekend food-wise... Monday still makes me feel like digging a bit deeper and doing even better.

sunflowergal40, Welcome! 10 laps in the pool is fantastic. Great job getting your exercise going. How are you recovering from your hysterectomy? 3 weeks doesn't seem like that long.

Regina, waving back!

love2b150, Annette, Jura, Neurodoc, Hi!

I'm all for the "no rules" plan too, by the way. Just respect and support each other which seems like the easy part around here.

gotta work now,

Let's all have a great Reduction week!

-teresa
treepeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 331 HW 299 June 2010/288/180?

Hey there!

First of all, I want to explain that my postings on the weekend will be VERY slim, if not non-existant. I devote my weekends to my family time and rarely get on the computer at all, I do pop in sometimes to read on my phone, but it does not post well from my phone, often losing my posts.

But then again, we said NO RULES, huh.....so I am free from feeling that I have abaondoned anyone or avoided any responsibility.

Had a good weekend, we made a fantastic veggie lasagna. replaced half the ricotta with tofu, and did not notice the difference, scratch sauce had carrots, onions, green and yellow summer squash, and toms, and LOTS of garlic! Of all the lasagnas I have made in my life it was the best, and held up, was pretty and formed and layered just like it was suppose to be

We trimmed alot of the fat by changing the cheese, taking out the beef and added protien with the tofu.

Anyone else create something fantastic from a traditional comfort food that is high in calorie and fat????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg veg lasgana.jpg (41.1 KB, 2 views)
Mikkijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #80  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Teresa to you and everybody else

Sunflowergal40

Hope everybody had a great weekend ... my weekend wasn't bad. Got some new clothes on Saturday. Saturday and Sunday my calories were pretty low, but I guess it's all good since I didn't get my walking in. Had a bout with the runs yesterday my own fault. I drank some prune juice and forgot about it, whew. Finally made it out of the house only to realize we had forgot the Red Box movies and had to go back to get them. After making a u-turn we realized the truck had a flat so we drove back to our subdivision and the only walk was from the entrance to the house which is about 15 minutes walking briskly. Today has been on point so far. I know what I'm eating for dinner and walking shortly afterwards. Already got my 96oz of water in so I am GOOD!

love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #81  

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Teresa: Thanks for asking. My recovery is going great! I feel better than I have in years! It's really what's got me going and highly motivated to make positive and healthy changes.

I'm struggling to get food choices under control. But I'm happy to report I've added the treadmill and stationary bike to my exercise routine. I've logged in 20-30 minutes each day (sat, sun, mon) and actually enjoyed it!

Happy week everyone!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #82  

Thumbs up yaaay!

2 pounds gone this past week! whew.
I have been keeping track of my foods on FitDay. Everyday there has been a calorie deficit. So far, so good.

They say 3500 calories are in a pound. Which seems to be just about right. When I add up my daily deficits, I was just over 7000 total.

The best thing is that I am not walking through my day starving mad hungry and I am not depriving myself. I am also not chowing down on the entire tub of ice cream. Last night we went to the Comfy Cow after dinner and instead of a big waffle cone, I had a sugar cone with 2 scoops. I was satisfied and not overly stuffed. What a concept! *smacks forehead*
Old 07-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #83  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Not in a good place today. The scale is back up to 140 today (had been as low as 138 last week), even though I've been logging my calories and I'm pretty sure I haven't gone over 1300/day this week. And starting early tomorrow morning, I will be working 12-13 hour days for 8 days straight because of the nature of my job (I'm a doctor, and we take turns managing the hospital consultation service). This means eating the horribly unhealthy hospital cafeteria food, having no time to exercise, and being so ravenous by the time I get home at 8 pm that I can't stop myself from seconds.

I wish I had a saner job. I wish I had a faster metabolism. I wish I had a more optimistic personality.

Andrea
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 331 HW 299 June 2010/288/180?

Not in a good place here either ! Boy oh boy, its hard to rid of the 'stinkin thinkin'

Lets just say I begged for chocolate cake and DH went and got it, with ice cream and in order to not disappoint him I ate it......how stupid is that? First of all I was just joking by begging for chocolate........jeeeezzz

I am headed out of town at the end of the week, but we have a plan to pack some of our foods, to save money and save calories! I hope that goes well.

How is everyone else doing, lets here some positive stuff..........anyone???
Mikkijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #85  
~Rennie

to EVERYONE

I'm doing good. I just realized today that as of this morning I am down 4lbs for the month. I'm not doing as well as I did last month but I am losing again, got pass my stall so I'm happy. I haven't been able to attempt my 4 mile walk because it's either too hot to go out early enough or it rains. But 3 to 3.5 miles seems to be doing the trick. I've been wanting spinach and Alfredo pizza so I finally got that today. That satisfied that craving, now I have to work on the other ... fries and a burger . Even though my scale is not moving like I want, the inches are going down but since I have never taken measurements the only thing I have to go by are my clothes.

Well hold your heads up and smile, we can only get better and continue to push to be the women we want to be.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #86  

Hi Everyone,

I'm so happy to be working out again. It makes all the difference in my day and also helps me automatically make better food choices.

I'm not even looking at the scale. I know what to do and just have to keep doing it.

love2b150, Congrats on the 4 pounds! I have often heard and do believe that how your clothes fit and those inches are the real test. Way to go!

Andrea and Annette, I hope you're having better days.

sunflowergal40, How are the workouts going? I'm so glad your body is responding well to the changes. Imagine how much it will just keep getting better and stronger. That's really what I try and focus on for myself. I want to feel strong again.

Regina, I'm glad the math worked out for you! That's a good week.

Okay, off to work.
And I'm aiming for a little Wii fit/rebounder workout later. Or just jumping up and down with my 3 year old for 5 minutes straight.

take care,
teresa
Old 07-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by treepeters View Post

Regina, I'm glad the math worked out for you! That's a good week.

teresa
Yes, it was nice for a change. We'll see if it keeps up.

The thing of it is, I am who I am and I am good with that and so is everyone who loves me. Sure, I would like to lose some pounds, it would be nice...but if I don't it's not the end of the world. I would be singing a different tune if I was severely inactive or had medical issues I am sure. For right now, I am a healthy fat chick. My doctor always shakes her head when I say that. She says, "you are healthy, you are not a fat chick" I respond by telling her a sense of humor is required in this life.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #88  
~Rennie

Thanks Teresa
Old 07-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #89  

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Thanks for asking Teresa. I overdid it moving boxes trying to get settled into my new classroom. I didn't realize it until I got back from a strenuous 30 minute walk. We live at the bottom of a mountain so all walks have pretty steep hills. I ended up in the bed Wednesday night with my old pal Percocet.

I won't give up though. Yesterday I did just a 20 minute walk on a less hilly path. The food varies from day to day. I'm learning how to make better choices.

I don't weigh often as I would rather go by how I feel and how my clothes fit. But I did have to go to the doctor yesterday for lab work for an upcoming physical. While I was there I figured I would step on. It was down 2 pounds. That's a total of 10 since my surgery last month. I can live with that.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #90  

Hi All,

Lisa, 10 pounds down is awsome! I'm staying off the scale and hoping to get rid of some bloat before I weigh on Monday. It's kind of motivating me to do well, so I get a pleasant surprise.

I'm going to run now and squeeze in a little rebounder run before "grandmommy" leaves and I have my daughter back. I planned to do it with her yesterday and then never did it.

So, today it's part of "me time".

I hope everyone is well.

let's keep checking in... on good days and bad. This is a great group and such a nice support.
thanks to all of you for that!

-teresa
www.gooddaytodiet.com