Old 08-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 225/221/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowergal40 View Post
Regina,

I don't know that I have any suggestions, just thoughts. I can definitely relate to the carb sensitivity. I suspect that you may be right in thinking that's the problem. You seem to be right on track as far as tracking your calories and all. I use the one on sparkpeople also. Wish I had more to say to help you. I can send lots of encouragement your way.

How is everyone else doing?

This second week of school was better for me. I made a choice to come home earlier each day, getting dinner going, and walk on the treadmill. I've exercised 5 days this week. So, I keep telling myself that has to make a difference. Weigh day is tomorrow...we'll see.
*sigh* Yep, I gained weight. Back to the drawing board.
Going to keep counting calories, but drop my carbs to around 100 instead of the 135-252 that SP shows I should have.

It's great that you are getting home to get dinner made instead of eating out. It makes a huge difference. Congrats on getting in your exercise 5x too!!!
WickedCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #137  

Hellooooooo in here
*echoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo*
Old 08-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

I'm here...a newbie maybe...but I'm here! lol

I haven't read the entire thread but figured I would post in here to brag,vent and whine. Am I allowed to do that?

First the bragging....managed to have 3 PERFECT days (food,water,sleep and exercise).

Next the vent....my head is killing me as my body is screaming "feed me sugar".

And lastly the whine...why can't I have a body that willingly accepts the need for less sugar?! I would love to have my body,mind and soul all work together for a change rather than try to sabotage each other!!

OK...I'm done.

Maddie
MaddieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:51 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Maddie! Glad to have you join us! When you figure out how to get mind, body, and soul to work so harmoniously please let me know!

Yep, the eating at home and working out 5x last week paid off...little butterfly is closer to becoming a beautiful pink flamingo! My ticker cracks me up!

Not much to report here. Just trying to hang in there and continue with what I did last week. I am trying to add in some weight training too. And I've increased the distance I'm walking on the treadmill. I keep telling myself it will make a difference...slow and steady wins the race, right????

Yeah Regina I'm feeling the echo....hope everyone is ok and just blessedly busy!
sunflowergal40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #140  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieD View Post
I'm here...a newbie maybe...but I'm here! lol

I haven't read the entire thread but figured I would post in here to brag,vent and whine. Am I allowed to do that?

First the bragging....managed to have 3 PERFECT days (food,water,sleep and exercise).

Next the vent....my head is killing me as my body is screaming "feed me sugar".

And lastly the whine...why can't I have a body that willingly accepts the need for less sugar?! I would love to have my body,mind and soul all work together for a change rather than try to sabotage each other!!

OK...I'm done.

Maddie
Maddie!
Sure come on in here, brag, whine, vent, boast, build up, ***** and moan all you like. I prefer a board that we can do all of that in one rather than having to visit many boards. Then again, that's just me.

I am not sure if body, mind and soul are meant to play nicely together. if and when you find out how to make them behave, let us know the secret!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowergal40 View Post
Welcome Maddie! Glad to have you join us! When you figure out how to get mind, body, and soul to work so harmoniously please let me know!

Yep, the eating at home and working out 5x last week paid off...little butterfly is closer to becoming a beautiful pink flamingo! My ticker cracks me up!

Not much to report here. Just trying to hang in there and continue with what I did last week. I am trying to add in some weight training too. And I've increased the distance I'm walking on the treadmill. I keep telling myself it will make a difference...slow and steady wins the race, right????

Yeah Regina I'm feeling the echo....hope everyone is ok and just blessedly busy!
Hey there Lisa!
I have found that eating at home *really* helps a lot! WTG! Keep up the hard work, you keep me motivated. Which some days is no easy task!

I'm having a hard week. Fat girl frustration I like to call it.
I feel larger than life, my pants are tight due to carb bloat and now the PMS decides to rear it's ugly head too. 40 is fab...pms and peri-menopause all at the same time. Life is grand! It's a bizarre and wondrous place. I've decided I'm just gonna roll with it.

This morning was LOVELY! Finally a morning in the 60's. We have had the MOST days above normal this summer, making us the hottest city in the US. Or so I heard on the radio. I am originally from CT and am not a fan of hot and humid, so this cool morning was a welcomed change of pace.

Looking forward to Autumn, my all time favorite time of year!!! It is when my sunroof on my car gets the most use. I love driving down back roads with the leaves falling all around with the occasional leaf finding it's way into my passenger seat!

Hope everyone has had a good week and will have a GREAT weekend!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #142  

Hey Regina! I can definitely relate to fat girl frustration. I love your description of 40! I've joked that I didn't go over the hill I stumbled and have been rolling down it ever since! It is definitely a strange place. I think your idea of just rolling with it is the best plan.

Thanks for saying I motivate you! WOW! No one has ever said that to me. I must finally be getting this healthy lifestyle stuff right! I feel the same way about you though. I know that I can stop by here and see how things are going for everyone and be accountable to someone.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. It's finally cooling off here too!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 309.5/297.5/175

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone
I am new here and this thread sounds like where I need to be ! ... I am 43 years old, mother of 3 grown children, divorced but have been living with my bf for the past 10 years .. phobia on marriage....for some odd reason. I have dieted my entire life and have had success then slid back ... way back ... I love that here I can be accountable for what I put in my mouth and how much I move. I work full time up to 60 hours a week. I know its hard and I have used that as an excuse too long now ... I have to MOVE to lose weight.
justmerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:53 PM   #144  

Hi and welcome! It's been pretty quiet around here lately. But it is a great place to post about how you are doing. I've used the work excuse for a long time too. Only in the last couple of weeks have I finally learned that I must make time for exercising. I feel so much better when I do!

Last edited by sunflowergal40; 08-30-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #145  

Where has everyone gone to?!?!?!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Kids are back in school, vacation is over yada yada yada. lol That's where everyone is!

Well not 100% convinced that I have mind,body and soul completely working together...however....I would give them a grade of B+. I am doing an anti-candida diet and I am into week 3 of it. Cravings (body's realm) are next to nil...eating choices (mind) are totally on track....and attitude (soul) is just so much more positive and happy. Even my kids notice a big difference. And in spite of having a cold and an infected cyst...I've managed to lose almost 6.5 pounds in about 2 weeks.

Maybe by the end of the month,I'll be giving out an A+ LOL

Maddie
MaddieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 242/see tracker/150

Good morning! I'm new here - I'm 40 and soon to be 41. I'm also a late starter - married at 36 (one day shy of my 37th birthday) and a mom at 38. My little boy is 2.

I have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism which helped me gain a lot of weight in my early to mid thirties and then I lost 20 pounds, and managed to gain (I'm guessing), maybe 45 pounds during pregnancy (they started weighing me around month 3, and I gained a ton in the first 2-3 months beforehand). Now I'm really ready to lose this weight after settling into a post-pregnancy level of about 235. I'm really missing the 195 of my wedding, the 172 post-breakup weight I had at 32, and really the 150 or so that worked really well for me in my early 20s.

This is probably TMI for a first post, but it occurred to me this morning. I'm using meal replacement shakes and someone on another thread warned me against that. However, I used to maintain my weight in my late teens and twenties with shakes and bars and things were pretty steady. I liked them and not having to worry about those meals. At 21 I started dating someone who was into health food and told me to stop eating "those chocolate-covered vitamins". He also worked really hard to make me stop eating white bread, processed foods, all the stuff I grew up on. Sounds like he had my best interests in mind, but he was really controlling.

Here's the thing. When we moved in together he monitored my diet - and so I'd eat well with him, but then started sneaking food he disapproved of even more than meal replacements. Candy bars, white bread, etc. I had been at a good weight, maybe not making the healthiest choices, but not sneaking my food or binge-ing. I thought he had my best interests at heart so didn't get mad at him but felt the need to eat what I wanted to eat when I could.

We were together nearly 11 years and I gained about 40 pounds, going from 150 to 190. When we broke up I lost nearly 20 pounds without trying.

My husband is a bit of a foodie, loves sweets and cooks dinner most nights, and with the pregnancy and the hypothyroidism I've gained about 40 pounds in the four years we've been married. In a weird way, I want to try to go back to the pattern of eating I had way before I met Mr. Health Food. Two meal replacements and a healthy dinner were par for the course then. I think I can do that and participate in dinner with my husband, so I'm optimistic.

I think I tend to fall apart when I have to think about food choices during the day. I have the voice of my ex telling me not to eat things, the rebellious voice telling me to eat the things he wouldn't want me to eat, the voice of my husband encouraging me to eat whatever looks good and that he'll love me however I am, and the frustration of not feeling nearly as attractive or healthy as I used to.

So I'm trying this. I'm exercising. I want to be able to keep up with my husband and son who are both full of energy and unable to sit still. I'm glad there are sites like this where we can get support!

Thanks for putting up with such a long post!

Daisy
DaisyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieD View Post
Kids are back in school, vacation is over yada yada yada. lol That's where everyone is!

Well not 100% convinced that I have mind,body and soul completely working together...however....I would give them a grade of B+. I am doing an anti-candida diet and I am into week 3 of it. Cravings (body's realm) are next to nil...eating choices (mind) are totally on track....and attitude (soul) is just so much more positive and happy. Even my kids notice a big difference. And in spite of having a cold and an infected cyst...I've managed to lose almost 6.5 pounds in about 2 weeks.

Maybe by the end of the month,I'll be giving out an A+ LOL

Maddie
LOL if the kids are back in school, they should have MORE time to play online! hahahahaha
Old 09-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #149  

Hey there Daisy!
Welcome to the board
It sounds as if your ex did quite a number on you. In a way I can understand the wanting to go back to shakes and bars during the day. It tends to make life more simple not having to actually 'think' about what to make or eat. I know I tried those prepared meal diets in the past just for that same reason. The downfall for me is that I like my food to have taste, and those diets just did not offer that!

You need to find what works best for you, and that which you are able to stick with. I am still determining what works best for me. :/
Good, bad or indifferent, I am still me no matter what the scale says or what size I wear.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #150  

It appears this thread has died a slow painful death...