Old 07-05-2010, 11:50 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 225/221/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post

Last week I had a bout with not being able to go to the bathroom for like 4 to 5 days. By Monday or Tuesday, my stomach was so bloated I literally could not eat dinner. That was the first time that has happened to me since I started my journey. I know it has something to do with not enough balance in my diet so I need to go back to my old menu's and see where I am messing up. I also had to start keeping tabs on my water intake again because I think that may have been the problem. I drank some herbal tea and it didn't work in the 6-12 hours that it said it would so I drank another cup and dropped almost 3lbs. And felt much better.

Wholly Cow! I know too well of what you speak! Have had BM issues all my life. My husband laughs, because you can pretty much set a clock to his BM schedules. My latest and worst stoppage to date happened in April/May. I hadn't a movement in going on 10 days. My pants didn't fit right, could not eat and it was painful to sit up. Had someone told me I was full of $hit, they would have been right on the money! I tried a gentle overnight remedy, which knowing myself like I do; I doubled the dosage. No dice. Finally we went to the store and got what I call intestinal drano!

Magnesium Citrate!!!

It states to start out take 1/2 bottle. I drank the whole bottle....despite the horror stories I read online. After hours past the supposed result time, I drank another half bottle. Waited more without so much as a rumbly in my tumbly. Husband said drink the rest! I looked at him and told him he would be taking the kids to school if I was chained to the bathroom! Finally, after a day and a half ... results! Husband also thought it funny to weigh before and after... FYI 8# difference!

Last edited by WickedCrafty; 07-05-2010 at 11:55 PM.
WickedCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:56 PM   #32  

I would like to join. I responded to your initial post Annette, seeking a buddy.

I need to create a plan and come up with some goals, other than lose the weight.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:07 AM   #33  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

WickedCrafty I'm the same way. I have videos/dvds and have watched them (part of them, ok the beginning of them) but that was it. I may have even tried to do them, but if I don't have someone doing it with me, I'm just not motivated enough to keep it up. Maybe one day that'll change but at 44 it hasn't,

Zumba is hard for me, I haven't danced in years. I play around with the kids but it's my own moves, not a professionals steps. I know I'll try it again because it's supposed to help you burn 300 to 600 calories but not if I keep pausing, LOL.

I never really paid attention to the times I go to the bathroom before starting this new journey but this hurt and I knew that was the reason. Especially when I couldn't eat I knew there was an issue. I call my husband my Baby Alive doll what goes in surely comes out, LOL. Oh my goodness eight pounds, you had a baby. I know I felt much better, I'm sure you did also. My thing is you can't get you body use to taking that stuff so what should we do. I have tried to figure out a balance in eating and I have yet to do it. Diana on the accountability thread I post on recommended that Magnesium Citrate, but I know from my grandmother, if you take that too much, you will continue to need it. What to do?

oh I'll buddy up with you, if you want. Have a good night!

Last edited by love2b150; 07-06-2010 at 12:09 AM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:10 AM   #34  

I did the magnesium citrate stuff and it helped. I did not become dependent on it, and have not had to use it since the 'incident'. For me, it is to be used in extreme emergency, for instance; 10 days and no movement.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 250/215/155

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm getting back to working out every day. It's the only thing that keeps me on track diet-wise. I think I just feel better and also, maybe it gives me energy so I don't snack to relieve tired-ness. (which of course backfires anyway!).

Still trying to figure out a "diet". I need to follow a more specific plan at this point.

I'm putting my Body Bugg back on and will aim to burn more than I eat. Minimum goal- 500 calorie deficit a day, to 1000.

love2b150, so sorry about the tummy troubles! I am the opposite (if you know what I mean...) Although, I got really plugged up after I was on Medifast for a while last year.
I will join you too in the accountablity, if you want. We can just post calories here and maybe even exercise.
I will check my gym for Zumba! Did you say you have a tape? could you tell me which one?

WickedCrafty, Welcome!! I love your pic!

neurodoc, how's the plateau going?
I kind of feel like I shouldn't give any advice since I'm doing so poorly.... but, that being said... I do really believe in changing up the calories to get your loss going again. The body just seems to respond to variety like that.
And I have always thought an occasional fast day is useful, if you can also allow yourself to rest during it. Otherwise, I think you stress you system.
Good luck to you!

Annette, how are you?

Everyone have a great day. Back to a normal week after the holiday. I HAVE to post a loss this week.

-teresa
treepeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 331 HW 299 June 2010/288/180?

Hey Guys!
I had great intentions of posting every day I was off, but that obviously did not happen. But you cannot imagine the joy I had this morning to see all the activity on the thread when I came back today!

Just a quick post, since I have to do 10 hours of payroll in a 4 hour spot this morning since we were closed on Monday!

As for constipation, and the other side of that as well: My doctor once told me that I really need to listen to my body. More than 3 days of either issue is a signal telling me that my nutritional intake is way off balance. BUT to correct that you have to make small adjustments and wait. Like cut out wheat and dont make any other changes so you can figure out what is the problem (processed foods is a huge one, wheat and corn a tie for second) But most often it is a balance thing, like too much meat and protien, not enough complex carbs (grains etc)

I am doing some research and experiments with seaweed. From what I have discovered so far it soothes the digestive system in many ways. Various ways to use it, some are salty, some not, some needs soaking, some not, but all of them are very high in calcium, and various minerals and vitamins. Does anyone else use seaweed other than in sushi???

Food was fair this weekend, not great, but no huge slip ups. I did go into sparkspeople and make a 2 week plan that we are going to follow as a family, and getting my daughter to measure things like cereal and almond butter and such!

Todays meal plan
B- cherrios and milk, banana, coffee
L- carrots, hummus, cucumber
D- veggie stir fry with spicey terriaki sauce, ww noodles, pan fried tofu cubes (New to us--we'll see)

Emotionally--not doing so well, I feel so alone, and I am never alone. I always have people around me, my family is always with me--yet I feel very alone right now, not sure where this is coming from.

Scales--- I have weighed every day before and end up beating myself up, also losing sleep because I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and end up turning on the light, weighing, and then either getting excited or depressed, and not able to go back to sleep right away! lol
Right now I am weight about once a week. The daily fluctuations drive me nuts, but for some people it works great for them. I just become a scale slave.

Did I say it was going to be a short post? Yeah, I think I did

Suppose to be super hot here, hitting the triple digits this week, how about you guys, does the weather effect what you do with your meals? Good effects, bad effects?
Mikkijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #37  

Hey, does anyone know anything about Becks Diet? From the little bit of reading so far it seems that it looks at the mental aspects of dieting and being overwieght......one of the books offered an actual diet plan but the main concept is the cognitive behavior.......anyone familiar?
Old 07-07-2010, 01:49 PM   #38  
~Rennie

I've always had digestive issues as far as not going everyday, but it has never bothered me. I haven't had to take anything for it except for after I had the kids and that was an enema because stool softeners are a joke. They take too long to work and constipation and hard stools are murderous after child birth.

I just figured eating better would make BM's better. I am still trying to figure out the right balance. I wish there was one food that you could eat or drink everyday to insure that you'd go to the bathroom. Now really strong coffee will do that to me but I'm not sure that's healthy. Humm ?????

Treepeters, I don't have a Zumba tape/dvd, I have an old walking dvd. My friend wanted to order the Zumba tapes not sure where she saw them but she said they were like $70. I may check on ebay and see what they have. My upper back (from shoulder to shoulder) has been hurting me since taking that class. I think I needed a beginners class or something. The two ladies that I went with ended up needing heating pads to help with leg/thigh pain. One even went to the doctor. He told her it was too much stress on her muscles at one time. So for inactive people like the 3 of us no more than our walks I guess we should re-think going to more classes for now and maybe get a tape so we don't feel obligated to keep going.

Mikkijoe, I weigh often also. So don't feel bad. I'm up late using the bathroom also and I weigh almost every time. That's because I continue to drink water so that I won't eat late in the evening. I've started eating a cup of grapes as a late snack and that needs to stop also. Maybe I should drink a cup of prune juice before I go to bed but it has a lot of calories. I have only heard about the Beck Diet on here, never looked it up though. I get that alone feeling too, then I jump on here and talk. Helps sometimes

I'm not going to walk today, I have Bible study on Wednesday evenings and it's too hot to walk in the a.m. Last week was beautiful barely broke a sweat in the 60 degree temps. So I'll stay within my calorie limits and I may go break a sweat on the gazelle. I want a treadmill so bad ... ONE DAY
Old 07-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #39  

Hi Everyone,

First... Annette, the Beck Diet book is only the mental and emotional aspects. It's for use with any diet. She doesn't promote any over another really. It's very very useful and I would recommend it to anyone. I resisted for a long time and even when I started reading it, I thought, oh, I know all this...
But, it's good. It's worth reading and even implementing the tools if you are having trouble.
It's more about de-activating all the mental and emotional triggers we have and the ways we keep ourselves stuck.

love2b150, that's nuts about the soreness after Zumba! I can understand it though. Really with anything, one must start slowly. I do not understand how those people on the Biggest Loser do what they do without tearing something the first day. I can't imagine doing lunges now and a lot of them are 100 more than even me. It's madness.
That's why I love my elliptical machine. No stress, no impact. I can build my strength.

I also really believe in strengthening the abs from the begining of a fitness regime. It's so important to keep your back from getting tweaked. Strengthen the abs and you won't have back problems!

I was a massage therapist for years, so I have some opinions from that side of things too. And for me personally, I am just stronger with stronger abs.

My story for today is... DIET! Woo Hoo. I am finally started. I just got wobbly during the making of lunch for everyone and the clean up.
A voice says, "I don't care! I want to EAT". But today, I told it to shut up and went on with my day.
Yeah, me.

How are you all doing?

-teresa
www.gooddaytodiet.com
Old 07-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #40  
~Rennie

Teresa, what do recommend is a good start for the abs. I tried to do crunches not too bad I guess. I did about 30 don't know if I did them right, that was last week. That could be another reason for the upper back/shoulder pain, didn't think about that.

Well, I drank a cup of coffee about a hour ago now I'm all gassy. I also ate two boiled eggs for lunch. This gas is awful, I can't win for losing. Hope it's gone by 7:30
Old 07-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #41  

HOLY cow.....approaching triple digits, I am sure it will get there by tomorrow. This is not my favorite. I keep the office at 70 and my house at 68 (all year round) and I only have a 10 minute commute in an AC car....but I am still going to whine about it--know that! LOL

I ordered the Becks books. Cant hurt, I know for me that it is not all about the food. I have the nutrition thing down, I can come very close to accurate calorie counting in my head, and not too bad on fat grams.......its not the knowledge, its the baggage I guess.....I will give it a try and keep all y'all posted!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #42  

It is ugly hot out there. The humidity is horrid as well. Then toss in what they call a 'ozone action day' around here...and that's a recipe for staying indoors!

This evening, provided the thunderstorms don't come; both kids have sporting activities. The boy has a game at 6pm for one team and 8pm for his other team at another park across town. The daughter has practice for her team at the first park and will have to get a ride to meet us across town. Insane scheduling...I live for it!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #43  

Hi Everyone,

Glad to see this thread going strong. It is good to feel the momentum.

I kept away from the site due to Norton warnings and now I am down with a bad cough, slowly mending. Meanwhile, have kept up with good eating and was walking 45-60 min. a day. Saw a weightloss of 2 lbs and about an inch off the hips. But now TOM is approaching and I can already sense the bloating and the cough/body aches have prevented any exercise for the last two days. I am dreading the scales when I climb on next. Oh well, this too shall pass and hopefully I can soon join you all.

~jane
simplejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #44  
~Rennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplejane View Post
Hi Everyone,

Glad to see this thread going strong. It is good to feel the momentum.

I kept away from the site due to Norton warnings and now I am down with a bad cough, slowly mending. Meanwhile, have kept up with good eating and was walking 45-60 min. a day. Saw a weightloss of 2 lbs and about an inch off the hips. But now TOM is approaching and I can already sense the bloating and the cough/body aches have prevented any exercise for the last two days. I am dreading the scales when I climb on next. Oh well, this too shall pass and hopefully I can soon join you all.

~jane

Hi Jane, I think as long as you stayed away from the blogs you were OK. Oh well the warnings are gone now. I was on everyday with the warning, I just ignored it, I also clicked on site safe since I have never had any problems. I think it was just someone that wasn't happy and was trying to start something. I still haven't had any problems.

Hope you .
Old 07-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #45  

Hi Everyone,
Well... I'm still weighing every day, but I've got to up my workouts to make 20 hours for July. I'm at 3 now.
I'm struggling with the eating. I jsut can't stop slipping into an "all or nothing" mindset and so, when I go off I eat all the wrong things. Not so much binging as eating solid carbs.
More exercise!!

I actually need to dig back into that Beck book too.
Keep my little affirmation cards at hand.
And get someone else to clean the kitchen and prepare food for a few days.

love2b150, I know that I know some really good ab stuff, but I'm brain dead already tonight. I'll get back to you. For sure, you might have strained something even just doing crunches. Form is really important.
Do you have a big exercise ball? Do you ever go to the gym? Let me know and I will really think of what might be helpful to you. Really, even just isometrics will help to start with.

more tomorrow.

night all,
teresa