Old 07-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #91  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Wow, what happened to us? It's been 3 days ... woo whooo ... where is everyone? Hope you all had a great weekend, are doing well and have a pleasant day
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 225/221/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Wow, what happened to us? It's been 3 days ... woo whooo ... where is everyone? Hope you all had a great weekend, are doing well and have a pleasant day

I've been out of town all weekend for another softball tournament! Crazy hot and humid weather with some severe thunderstorms thrown in for good measure. Which of course delayed and eventually canceled out 2 games.

I managed to log my foods into my notebook, still have to log them into FitDay and see where I stand.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying cool wherever you might be!
WickedCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 331 HW 299 June 2010/288/180?

Hey guys, back from an out of town trip.

Did well on first day, only fair on the second, but I KNOW it could have been much worse and I need to give myself credit for that.

Here is a thought to ponder......

SO, I have a question for everyone.... something that just dawned on me this weekend. Here's the question, and then I will follow up with the story as to how I came about this pondering.

How many mirrors do you have in your home? Did that number of mirrors change for those of you who reached goal or are getting very close?

I was at the hotel this weekend and baffled by how many mirrors were in such a small area. One opposite one of the beds, The front of the closet door and a huge one covering the whole wall in the bathroom. I was shocked at how much mirror surface there was, and then I got to thinkin'....no this is not that unusual. This is common........
At my house....ONE mirror, and it is the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. NO full view mirrors. NONE. At my last house I had two bathrooms, and two mirrors, small sized that is....
What I thought was over-mirrored is probably common, and what I thought was normal was probably under-mirrored.
So why is that? denial? Just because I cannot see it in the mirror does not make my clothes smaller......but in a way I guess it is denial.

Thoughts anyone?
Mikkijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #94  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Mikkijoe, I have NO full-length mirrors in my house, only the mirrors in each of the bathrooms (that came with the house when we bought it). There is no question in my mind that when I "feel fat," I avoid looking at my reflection, and when I've lost a few pounds, I go out of my way to examine myself in the mirror. It's kind of pathetic, really, how tied up my ego is with my appearance. But there you have it.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #95  
~Rennie

Welcome back Regina and Mikkijoe

Neurodoc

I was going to list the mirrors in here but I just realized they are every where. I don't pay much attention to then though. They are part of the decor
Old 07-27-2010, 01:54 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 225/221/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkijoe View Post
Hey guys, back from an out of town trip.

Did well on first day, only fair on the second, but I KNOW it could have been much worse and I need to give myself credit for that.

Here is a thought to ponder......

SO, I have a question for everyone.... something that just dawned on me this weekend. Here's the question, and then I will follow up with the story as to how I came about this pondering.

How many mirrors do you have in your home? Did that number of mirrors change for those of you who reached goal or are getting very close?

I was at the hotel this weekend and baffled by how many mirrors were in such a small area. One opposite one of the beds, The front of the closet door and a huge one covering the whole wall in the bathroom. I was shocked at how much mirror surface there was, and then I got to thinkin'....no this is not that unusual. This is common........
At my house....ONE mirror, and it is the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. NO full view mirrors. NONE. At my last house I had two bathrooms, and two mirrors, small sized that is....
What I thought was over-mirrored is probably common, and what I thought was normal was probably under-mirrored.
So why is that? denial? Just because I cannot see it in the mirror does not make my clothes smaller......but in a way I guess it is denial.

Thoughts anyone?
Hotels, condos etc tend to use mirrors for decor or to make a smaller area appear larger and more open. It also helps to direct light in darker places such as a hotel with one window.

In our home we have the vanity mirror in the bathrooms, 2 full length mirrors and one by the front door for a quick face check.
WickedCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 250/215/155

Height: 5'5"

Hello Everyone!

I hope you're all well today.

I've been so stalled which usually leads to a slow creaping gain...

Today is startng out great and I feel really hopeful and confident.

Annette, as far as the mirror question... i have so completely put mirrors out of my consciousness that I have to think too hard to even answer your question. But I can tell you that having a small child is what woke me up to reality because of all the photographs we are taking now. The Horror!

I'll check in again later.

Good Luck to everyone,
teresa
treepeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #98  

Stuggling, but not giving up! Down, but not going under.

Going to teach myself to make sushi this weekend, starting with California rolls. Sea weed has great nutritional value, so I got some while away last weekend in an Oriental market. I will start with the obvious, then find other places to use it. A full CA roll, 8 slices, is only 240 cals! We will make them with real crab, or cooked shrimp, so there is no sugar (as in imitation crab) and use avacado and cukes....Probably make one with cucumber, red pepper, and shrimp too.....Then off to find other uses for sea weed, but not so much in the soup mood right now since it is approaching 100 degrees!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #99  

Oh, I love seaweed!
I like to use tofu too. Extra firm. It's nice, low cal and no carbs either. It helps the seaweed get nice and softened/chewy.

I had a great "DAY ONE" yesterday.
Now for the treacherous day two...

I actually mostly used the medifast products I still have in my cupboard. It was nice to just have little packets I didn't have to think about.
For me, getting started is all about minimizing time in the kitchen and trying not to overthink about food.

I hope everyone is well!

-teresa
Old 07-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #100  

So, how is your mind?
How is your body?
How is your spirit?

For me? My mind is in a very dark place, my body is annoying the crap out of me. BUT my spirit has alot of fight in it! I will not give up!
Old 07-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #101  
~Rennie

My MIND is a tad bit loopy the last two days ... just life ... but it does settle down in the evenings, ahhhh

My BODY is good except for the off and on bloat ... but it is much better than it was 60 days ago

My SPIRIT is great because I am prayerful that things will always get better and what seems bad isn't really bad at all. Just me complaining and not seeing the positive ... ahhhh RELIEF

TO ALL.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #102  

Hi All!

Annette, Yeah for the strong spirit! That will get you through. I feel the same. I know I'm not giving up no matter what.

For me:
mind: cloudy but still managing some productivity
body: fat and sluggish but still did a workout today
spirit: really happy today

I even posted some photos of myself on my blog. Actual, fat as I am photos.
I've always avoided this, but I feel like it's an affirmation of my belief that I am changing this reality now.

gotta face it to change it, I think.

take care everyone,
teresa
Old 07-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #103  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Mind: sharp and focused today.
Body: achy hips and knees (too much jogging) but feeling strong.
Spirit: somewhat demoralized. Feeling undervalued at my job and overused at home.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! I've been out of town also. We tried to get away for just a few days before school starts back. I'd like to say I made all good choices while away. But I'd be lying! Food choices were not good. I did go to the on-site workout room 2 of the 4 days.

I like Mikkijoe's response as it suits me as well...struggling but not giving up, down but not going under.

A new month is right around the corner...a great time for all of us to feel better and tackle new goals!
sunflowergal40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #105  
~Rennie

Hi Ladies, just stopping in to say hi
HAPPY AUGUST to You ALL!