Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #106  
Andrea

S/C/G: 194/189.5/150

Height: 5'4"

36paws, the picture of your bird with the Christmas hat is hilarious. And your cats are gorgeous as well - what eyes!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #107  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok, fine. I'll let you in on the excitement.

My daughter is in the middle of her volleyball season. She's been playing so well this year, I'm very pleased. I had a friend's older daughter work with her this summer and it seems to have really paid off. As a team, they aren't doing great, but they have won a few games. She gets frustrated when they lose, but she has to learn to deal with that. School is going well for her this year, so that's good. I still keep on her daily, but she seems to have found her groove.

My son's football team is unbelievably good. They have been winning everything. The closest game they played was 30-14. All of the rest were blowouts. The one last weekend was against the other undefeated team and we won 55-0. I'm totally pleased with the coaches and the other boys on the team. This has been an amazing thing to watch as they've transformed into such a strong group. My son doesn't play as much as he would like to, but he's learning a lot from the older boys and getting so strong and fit. He's lost a lot of weight (a good thing) and he is doing well in school too. He was trying to get straight A's, but a couple have slipped to B's. I'm ok with that!

As for me, I am just floundering in my weight loss. I always hear how you need to make time for yourself and while I believe that, I just don't do it very well. My husband has his own business, so he is gone a lot. Not his fault, but he's not a lot of help. The sports seasons have really taken my time this year. Football, in particular, is demanding with many practices through the week. Volleyball has practice right after school, so that works for me, but the games are all over our valley, usually with start times between 3:30 and 5:30. Fortunately, I can take off from work, but that is tough to do sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I love the sports. I just wish the other stuff would go away... making dinner, cleaning the house, going to work... ha!

I think that many of you can understand this stuff, because you're there too. I know that I need to find some other time to get in more exercise, but my motivation (and my mojo) are low. I'm not unhappy or depressed, just busy and tired!

36Paws: Thanks for the photos. They are a day brightener! I have some talons and paws, too. (fins, webbed feet, and hooves as well) Fun to see their cute little faces.

Lovn: How much longer is your season? We have 3 more regular season games (3 more Saturdays) and then the playoffs begin. The "superbowl" is on October 22nd. But, then he moves on to basketball. My daughter finishes up volleyball by the 4th of October.

Rennie: I feel your pain on the dating situation. I think you need to offer her advice when you can, but I sometimes think that they have to figure it out for themselves, too. Sometimes when Mom is pushing too hard for something, they will push the other way! Hang in there. You've raised her right and she'll come to her senses! --If it could just be someone other than Eddie Haskell!! -- ha.

LetsGo: Have fun shopping!

Sillycat: How was dancing?

Have a good week everyone.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:03 AM   #108  
Andrea

Hi everyone, good morning. Another week is just about in the books. The weather here in the Nutmeg state this morning is gorgeous - crisp and clear with a bit of a chill in the air. LOVE IT! Although it's supposed to warm up again over the weekend, but I am enjoying the coolness while I can.

Diane - I love reading your posts. They're so...normal, for lack of a better word! I really admire how involved you are in your kids' activities, and how proud you are of them. It's very inspiring. And yes, you're right...many of us here are struggling with the same obligations - home/kids/work/older parents/you name it. It's really hard sometimes to carve out even 30 minutes to do something on our own - whether it's exercising or anything else. Heaven forbid you want to sit down occasionally and skim through a magazine, pay a bill, return a phone call, or just sweep the floor. *Sigh* Anyway, having just come out of a slump myself, I hear ya! Hang in there.

OK, I need to lose just ONE POUND to get out of the 190's, where I have been for almost a flipping year. ONE POUND. 16 ounces! If I can't do that in the course of the next few days, I'll be pretty peeved. So even though weekends are the hardest for me, I am determined to see an 8 after the 1 the next time I weigh myself!!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #109  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning girls.

I just dropped my kitten off at the vets. She's having the works today. Spay, microchip, shots and pedicure. They asked me if I wanted pain meds for her at home. Absolutely. I wouldn't have that done without something for the pain. Poor thing she was not happy. One of the cats in the vet's office is very taken with her and she wanted nothing to do with him. He was hanging around while I was waiting and she was hissing at him. I will pick her up at 5 o'clock.

I weighed in yesterday and gained that pound back that I keep losing Andrea I wish you luck, get into the 180's. I just want to get down to 190 at the moment.

Enjoy the day. I love this weather at the moment high 70's, cool nights. Can't beat it.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #110  
Diane

Letsgo: Hey, I'll take normal. Normal is good. Good luck to you in getting to the 180s. That's awesome!

Clyde: Poor kitty. But, she'll be better when she comes out of it.

Well, the volleyball game wasn't too good yesterday. They just seemed out of their zone. It happens. They have three games next week, so maybe they can bounce back. Then, the playoffs start the following week.

Looking forward to the football game tomorrow. This is a big rival of ours, so I'm hoping we win. I was so insanely proud of my son last night. He LOVES football, but HATES conditioning. Every so often they do this one conditioning drill where they run from sideline to sideline, kind of snaking up the field to the 50 yard line. It's about 10 times back and forth. Then, they come back. Brutal. He wasn't fast, but he didn't stop last night. He is getting so fit now. Sweet baby boy!
Old 09-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #111  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Default Hey girls

Just checking in on a Saturday - well it's still barely morning.

Clyde - how is kitty?? I'm sure that now it's a day behind her and she's on the mend.

36paws - wow is all i can say - i can barely keep up with my 4 cats.

Just finished Saturday run - even in the rain it felt good to get out there.

Gotta get in the shower and set out the food for the gal coming to watch my kitties - heading to the city tonight for phantom of the opera and dinner.

Diane - sounds like the volleyball game coulda gone better - next one will - have fun at the football game.

C.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #112  
Diane

Came to this thread and all I found was the sound of crickets.... Where is everyone?

Had a good weekend. The football game was very good, they won 34-0. We only have 2 more games and then they go into the playoffs. I hope they can keep them motivated. The last two teams that we play haven't had great seasons, but they need to keep up their hard work or they'll lose their edge.

My daughter was MOODY this weekend. Sometimes she can be such a pain. I try to be patient and I was good at that this weekend. She was so touchy, you didn't even want to look at her because it might be the wrong thing to do! But, 14 is tough, as I recall.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:31 PM   #113  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Diane,
My daughters (3) have all been moody when they were 14, they get over it and some even admit to being pills at that time of their life! Mine are all gone now, my youngest daughter just entered her first year of college. She was calling every day, now she is down to a few times a week. Last time she called was to have me make her some chocolate chip cookies and send them to her. I gotta mail them off this morning. Thank God, I don't want to have them in the house for me to think about.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #114  
One pound at a time.

Morning girls.

I haven't been posting much because I'm not eating very well at the moment

My kitten got on fine at the vet's. She was not happy when I picked her up on Friday night. However once she got home she got comfy and slept.

Toni chocolate chip cookies sound good at the minute.

Diane I can relate to moody teenagers having 3 girls.

My youngest is off school today she was throwing up during the night, so I kept her off just in case. She is much better now.

Enjoy the day.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:20 PM   #115  
Andrea

Happy First Day of Autumn to everyone. This is my favorite season of the year...even though it means winter is next, but that's OK, too. Just when I've had it up to here with one season, a new one starts. Works out just fine.

My son's doing fall Little League again this year. It's much more informal than spring ball. There are fewer teams and no playoffs - it's really an instructional league, to the point that some coaches don't even keep score during the games (although you can be sure each kid knows EXACTLY what's going on!). Anyway, DS had two games this past weekend. He pitched in the second game for two innings (that's the max for fall ball) and did pretty well - threw a good amount of strikes. Unfortunately, the fielding behind him was HORRIBLE (sorry to say). His team lost both games, but on a personal level, he did nicely.

Beyond that...a friend of mine's getting married this weekend. A small affair, just about 50 people. It will be held at a nice restaurant. They're in their 40's and it's the groom's 3rd marriage, so they're not doing the whole big "thing." I'm really looking forward to it. Amazingly, my friend planned the whole thing in about 4 weeks - got a DJ, photographer, florist, cake, dress - you name it. She even did the invitations herself and they came out great. I give her a lot of credit. I'll be going stag, as my husband will be at the last Mets game of the regular season with DS, but that's fine.

Weight-wise, just hanging in. Trying like MAD to lose one lousy pound so that I can be in the 180's.

I think I wasn't so nice either at age 14, at least not to my mom.

[Edited to add: down a half pound Tuesday morning...8 ounces to go to officially get into the 180's.]

Last edited by LetsGoMets; 09-23-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #116  
47er

S/C/G: 215/191/155

Default Hi everyone

I tried to send a message yesterday from my brothers dinosour computer but i don't think it went through. I am in Florida on vacation visiting my family. Thank God for the beach and my husband cause I would not survive. One of my brothers and my mom are not talking right now so I have to split my time with them which I hate. There is a lot of drama going on but we decided not to let it get to us. But it is getting to me. I have not really been following my diet and been drinking alot...to keep me sane. I don't have a scale to weigh myself but I believe I have gained a couple pounds. I will deal with that when I get home. I guess I just need to vent a little. Three days before we were leaving from vacation, my sister informs me that my older brother and his wife were getting evicted and begged mom to take them in for a couple of months, which she did and now there is no room for us to stay. My other brother lives in a 1 bedroom trailer with a closed in porch so we are staying with him on an airbed. Needless to say my husband and I are not sleeping well and my back is killing me and I am trying to not be upset at my mom for it. She kept calling and asking when we were comin out and I finally came up with enough money for the tickets, rental car, etc. but we did not have money for a hotel and she knew this. Need some perspective here and any advice to help me get through this.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:07 AM   #117  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Hi Karen and all...we just moved to the midwest so I have not been posting a whole lot. We are sort of settled in --whew! Never want to do that again! The good news is, I actually managed to stay on points (WW) the whole time except one night when we had to order pizza 'cause all our dishes were packed. I could not resist and just went for it. Who knew that I could eat half a large pizza from Domino's and still want more? But that's the first/only time I've cheated in over a month! So when we got to the new place and got the scale unpacked, I was frightened but decided to bite the bullet. I had lost a pound! Couldn't believe it. My treadmill isn't set up yet so I'm not exercising unless you count unpacking boxes (which I do, hah).

The vacation sounds nice Karen, except for the family members who are not speaking to each other :P DH's extended family is so totally screwed up and we finally had no choice but to get a permanent RO against his parents so I'm no help really.

Hope everyone is having a good mid-week. We woke up to storms but it is just breezy right now.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

I love autumn. It is such a chance for renewal and that is what we are all trying to do with our lives. Getting rid of the old (fat) and preparing for the new (skinny..or less fat). Just think of how the leaves go out with spectacular color. We can do the same with the fat. Feel good and radiate spectacular color as we are renewing ourselves.

Dolphinlvr: Family... I totally understand your frustration! I am sure you know that your Mom is trying to care for all her chicks in some way. She probably doesn't know how to say no to them. At the same time..she probably didn't want you to cancel because then she would miss out on seeing you. Or she might have thought that she would hurt you if she told you not to come now. After saying all that...I can totally feel your pain. Especially the back pain!! Try to find time for yourself and find a peaceful place to go have a picnic (healthy) with your DH. That might help.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:24 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 169/153.6/135

Height: 5'4

Hi, my name is Lori, I am almost 43, and I would love to join this group! I am in the middle of a divorce (cheating husband), and I have four kids, two grandkids (3 and 6 weeks), and I want to continue losing weight, and feeling better.

Hope you don't mind if I join in!

Lori
Old 09-25-2008, 04:16 PM   #120  
One pound at a time.

Welcome Lori. We love new people joining in the chat.

I'm really busy at the minute and haven't had time to post much. I weighed in today and was down 2 lbs. No idea how that happened.

Got to go. Have a good day.

Last edited by Clydegirl; 09-25-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Closed Thread