Old 01-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #1  

Default Still Hungry..

I've been low carb for a while, but lately I'm traveling nonstop. A lot of my travel is for work, and I have no access to a fridge or microwave. I do have an expense account for meals though, so price is not a huge concern within reason.

My biggest issue is that many towns I travel to are tiny, and that means my food sources are very limited. I do whatever I can to eat low carb, but for whatever reason, even though my calories seem higher than usual when plugged in, I'm famished!

Today, I had a lot of bacon and some scrambled eggs for breakfast. I had a Caesar salad (cheese, chicken, lettuce, dressing, tomatoes). I then had a bacon ranch grilled chicken salad and a mcdouble no bun no ketchup for dinner at mcdonalds (caesar dressing).

yesterday, I had scrambled eggs with Colby cheese, ham, bacon, and sausage with sliced tomatoes for breakfast. I had 4 grilled chicken breasts, peas, green beans, and raw carrots for dinner.

Both nights I worked out about 30 minutes, and both days I had about 1800 calories. Both nights I've gone to bed hungry. What am I doing wrong? Is it possible my fat is too low? I usually am fine on 1200-1400 calories...
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:21 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I've only been at low carb for about 2 weeks so I hope I can answer this the right way. It could be several things. It could be stress. Stress can stimulate hunger for sure and I know that when my husband travels he is stressed. You could be dehydrated. Are you drinking enough water? Finally, I would suggest adding some almonds to your day as snacks. I am extreme but I am right now avoiding carrots and tomatoes due to the sugar content. I hope I don't get criticized for that, but it's just a temporary thing while I try to limit my carbs. Oh and exercise helps me to control my appetite so if I work out I tend to eat less. Just some random thoughts....I hope you can figure it out.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #3  

Stress or water intake could definitely be it. I had water at breakfast and while working out, but none throughout the day.

Tomatoes don't stall me, but this is the first time ive had carrots in forever. I really wasn't sure about them, but I wanted some form of raw veggies and that's all I could find, lol.

I suppose I'll just monitor my weight this week and see how the higher calories hit me. I'll look into snacks like almonds, and I'll definitely up the water!!
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #4  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Someone told me that after getting big cravings from a mcd's salad
she saw that their seasoning had sugar. I know whenever I have grilled
chicken from mcd's I have hunger and cravings later.
Although it's not super low carb, in a pinch I have a small chili from
wendys. It's got a lot of fiber and protein and I find it very filling.

You may need to scope out a grocery store for some rotisserie chicken
or other safe protein .
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/ticker/120

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

I always have problems eating out due to the hidden sugars and seasonings that are put on meals. I would take a little cooler (if refrigs are in rooms) so that you can take some protein and carbs snacks of your choice to munch on or supplement your meals.
thelast20 is offline   Reply With Quote