View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 01:10 PM   #6
RavenToy
Student of the Hoof

Hi there - I'm really new to this thread, and I don't keep up with things the way I should. But I read it constantly, because the whole principle is exactly what I'm striving for. This is a life change, not a diet.

Lessee now... I'm 42 years old, I have a 14 yo daughter and an 11 yo son, both of whom are now thinking I've been taken over by a pod person. I am a loner, a geek/nerd/computer type, and a hermit to a large degree. I love the net and 3FC because I can be alone .. with all of you! It's wonderful. I've had times in my life when I was incredibly fit - I was a powerlifter at the University in Alaska, I have a blue belt in Taekwondo - I think I really want to go into kickboxing instead of back into TKD, though. Now I want to get back to where I know I can be.

I have a great dane, a rat terrier, 7 snakes, 2 geckos, a cuban rhino iguana, a red bearded dragon, and Harley, my hedgehog.

I also have a BF (he's a computer nerd too). And a tattoo. And a tongue piercing. Uhm.

I've been fighting my weight since I was about 10 years old. I've tried a few things, but ultimately I know what works for me, and thats to watch my caloric intake and exercise. I'm doing interval training (walk/run), free weights, pilates, and WATP at this point in time. Skinny Cows are my life saver. Right now I've been OP for 6 weeks and I've lost 12 pounds.

'Fear is irrelevant if we make it so.' ~ Madcat

The Naked Hoof
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote