South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default On-Plan Support, 9/6 - 9/12

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

1: oatmeal with a few chunks of peach
2: big salad (lettuce, peppers, celery, tomatoes, cukes, radish), chicken salad
3: sf skinny latte
4: asian glazed chicken, broccoli

exercise (after being off for 3 days) - hopefully running 5 miles.

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-06-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Phase 2

B: fruit & protein smoothie
S: 1/2 c high fiber cereal, tea
L: beans, broccoli & salsa
S: apple, chia fresca
D: flatbread pizza on the grill, grilled, eggplant, squash & peppers

exercise - hikette up the mtn, ball crunches (it's been months, that's going to hurt)
Old 09-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #4  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Today will be challenging. In transit and with friends who never have to think about what they eat...

Phase 1, Day 8

B - coffee with almond milk, chocolate cheesecake smoothie (with yogurt & lf cream cheese) with protein powder
L - taco salad with refried beans, melted lf cheese, Romaine lettuce, salsa, and 1/4 avocado
Ss - raw broccoli and orange pepper slices w/ hummus, celery with Laughing Cow light, raw almonds (I'm bringing these with me)
D - the ultimate challenge. I'll bring veggie sausages in case we will be grilling (I can hope). If someone chooses a restaurant, I'm in trouble, but I'll do what I can. In fact, I've just decided I'm going to bring even more snacks so maybe I can get out of the group dinner altogether....
Old 09-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/144/145

Phase 2
B-Veggie Scramble and Turkey Bacon
L-Turkey BLT on ww, also a couple of slices of turkey pastami with laughing cow
D-Chicken stuffed with sundried tomatoes and kalamata olives, spinach stuffed mushrooms
Old 09-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Phase I, Day 2: fish, soup, peanuts, beans, fish and soup with 8 cups of water!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #7  
beachin'

1: blueberry smoothie - yogurt, blueberries, palm sugar, almond milk
2: edamame saute
3: chia fresca, peppers and hummus
4: hamburgers (sans bun), salad, sweet potato wedges
Old 09-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #8  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Well, yesterday was interesting. I ate way less than I had planned, but it was OK. When I finally had a chance to eat my snack of pepper strips and broccoli with spicy hummus - omg, it was the best thing ever! I had also packed dried green beans, almonds and celery sticks and Laughing Cow light (didn't get to eat that as I didn't think ahead about the difficulty of spreading the cheese on the go ... next time I'll pack them pre-made) Yay, I have to remember to always bring snacks! I have a small insulated lunch bag and I threw in a small ice pack and crammed the whole thing in my backpack. Perfect!

Phase 1, Day 9. I've been in love with my food recently so I am keeping things almost the same today

B - coffee with us almond milk
walk, yoga class
chocolate "berry" smoothie (with plain yogurt, soy protein powder, wild berry Crystal Light and cocoa powder) = so good!!
L - taco salad with refried beans, melted lf cheese, Romaine lettuce, salsa, and 1/4 avocado, decaf brewed iced tea
S1 - raw broccoli and orange pepper slices w/ spicy hummus
S2 - celery with Laughing Cow light, Tofurkey slices with light cream cheese and arugula
D - zucchini "lasagna" with spinach/broccoli/ricotta/pesto/tomato sauce, fresh green beans sauteed with walnuts/thyme/meyer lemon

Last edited by EmmaD; 09-07-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:06 AM   #9  
beachin'

We're going on a little vacation this weekend, so I'm busily trying to figure out snacks to bring along. I'm going to pack the soft sided cooler with stuff. I figure cut veggies, dried fruit, hummus, almonds and walnuts, cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs.

At least the hotel has a gym. I'm going to bring my running shoes and plan to get in at least a few miles both Friday and Saturday morning. I'm planning one off plan meal at an outrageously good tex-mex joint and that will warrant the running.

-
1: greek yogurt, flax, walnuts
2: edamame, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, yellow squash saute
3: cut veg and hummus
4: chicken with 40 cloves, mashed cauliflower, salad
Old 09-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #10  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Phase 1, Day 10
B - coffee with almond milk, egg crepe with "creamed" spinach, low sodium vegetable juice [note: I think I have to be done with eggs for now. Even this small amount of egg was hard to stomach ]
L - shiritaki noodles with peanut sauce, topped with fresh green beans, green onions and broccoli
S1 - Romaine lettuce leaves with lf tuna salad
S2 - yogurt with garlic/roasted red peppers/tomatoes
D - veggie sausages on a bed of sauteed cabbage, white bean salad, green salad

Last edited by EmmaD; 09-09-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #11  
beachin'

Emma, i love the shirataki with peanut sauce idea. unfortunately, the store i used to buy shirataki noodles at stopped selling them...time to find a new store!

how did you do the "creamed" spinach?
Old 09-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #12  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

I had to make a special trip to find the noodles, so I stocked up. I went to a giant mainstream store and found them in the "weird" vegetarian products section (I say "weird" as someone who buys these things routinely).

The creamed spinach is just 1/2 cup frozen spinach with 2 wedges of Laughing Cow light, heated until the cheese melts. I don't cook & drain the spinach first, as the liquid improves the consistency. I love this! My husband does, too, when I have served it as a side dish. He has no idea it's so low-cal.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 177/144/145

Have to cover 2 days since my modem was messed up yesterday.

Tuesday
B-HB egg
L-Leftover stuffed chicken breast, cabbage slaw
D-Turkey Blt's (addicted to these this week) and cabbage slaw (made waay too much )

Wednesday
B-HB egg
L-tomato and cucumber salad in 2 tbsp balsamic dressing, red pepper hummus, lettuce, and broccoli in a flat out
Snack-Celery with blue cheese flavored laughing cow
D-Kofta and Tzaziki with tomatoes in a ww pita
Old 09-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #14  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Phase II

B: Veggie omelet with Egg Beaters
S: RF Cheese stick
L: Picked the chicken out of a work provided meal, then went to the cafeteria and ate my usual very large salad with kidney beans
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte, carrots, hummus
D: Sauteed chicken breast with roasted onions, cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms
S: Almond butter

Last edited by murphmitch; 09-08-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:18 AM   #15  
beachin'

Emma, that spinach sounds excellent. I think I'll give it a try this morning. I have some of the chipotle laughing cow right now too.

traveling today. most meals are going to be on the road.

1: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
2: veggie whole wheat pita (ww pita stuffed with lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots and hummus) -- pretty decent for a quick lunch. i love that restaurant.
3: snacks on the road - brought cut veggies, laughing cow wedges, hummus and dried apples
4: i have no idea what we're having for dinner. i'm going to stick with lean protein and vegetables wherever we go - since we'll be in new orleans, i want to go seafood.
Closed Thread