View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #95
mallorita

S/C/G: 155/142/122

Height: 5'5"

Talking I'm so excited to be here!

Good afternoon fellow chicks! I'm really excited to have found this site. I can tell that everyone here is extremely supportive and in just a few minutes of browsing I have come across several fantastic ideas and inspiring stories.

I have been a major yo-yo dieter since I was about 18. I was a chubby kid growing up and when I went to college, I decided it was time for that to change. So I basically starved myself, took diet pills, and eventually went from an all-time high of 175 to an all-time low of 119. Since the unhealthy 119, I have yo-yoed up to 145, down to 130, up to 165, down to 140, up to 155, and now I'm at 142lbs. But this time I have absolutley committed myself to REASONABLE, HEALTHY dieting and exercise. Feeling strong and healthy and knowing that I am doing all I can to age gracefully and always be an active woman who takes care of herself and enjoys life is a much more important goal for me than seeing any particular number on the scale.

I can tell that I will be surrounded by amazingly inspiring and supportive people here, and I'm really stoked to meet you all! HUGS!

Screen Name: Mallorita

Age/Age Range: Soon to be 27

Family Life: Married, no kids.

Occupation: I teach English as a Foreign Language to professionals and university and high school students in Quito, Ecuador.

Hobbies and Interests:International politics, human rights and sustainable development, cooking and baking all sorts of things I shouldn't be eating, walking, writing, reading...

Favorite Music:Alternative rock, classic rock, some folk.

Favorite Color(s):Any shade of gREEn!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:I LOVE walking! I walk home from work every day (about 3 miles), and like to go out for walks in the park or short hikes on the weekends. My current exercise routine also includes Jillian Micheals Shape Up videos and Rodney Yee Yoga Now, but I'm starting to get bored with it and want to find something new to change things up a bit.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to feel STRONG, light, upbeat, and full of energy. I want to be able to go hiking and not feel like the dead weight of the group.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Two people in my life were diagnosed with cancer within a short period of time and I decided that life is too short to be wasting being a binging emotional wreck of a couch potato. I decided that I needed to start LIVING.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional eating, snacking that turns into binging, and not being able to get back on the wagon after taking a little spill off the edge.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1) I would really like to become more disciplined about keeping a food/emotion journal. I think it would help me tremendously to see on paper how my emotional and physical well-being are intertwined. I just need to get myself to stop for a few minutes every day to actually scribble down some notes.
2) I need to find some better coping mechanisms to avoid binges and also be able to stop them once I have started.
3) I've gotta start loving myself! I can be a real b**** to myself some times. I'm working on this one, but it's a big challenge for me to recognize and stop those destructive thought patterns.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
I want to look as good as a girl I went to college with. She is hot, she is beautiful inside and out, and if she can do it, so can I, damn it!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I keep envisioning the day I can go to the beach and feel comfortable in my swimming suit, SANS cover up or T-shirt or sarong. That will be true liberation!

Last edited by mallorita : 07-08-2010 at 07:00 PM.
mallorita is offline   Reply With Quote