View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
chimpchamp

EAS AdvantEDGE ready to drink "shakes" in vanilla, chocolate fudge, double chocolate, strawberry, and mocha caramel cost about $5 for a 4-pack of tetra-paks. Available at WalMart and almost every grocery store. I'd give the flavor 3 stars although I really do not like the mocha caramel at all.

Premier Nutrition ready to drink "shakes" in chocolate only cost about $24 for an 18-pack of tetra-paks. There is a coupon valid through June 5th or 6th in the Costco Coupon Book. Crazy, but my husband and I bought 20 of the 18-packs b/c at about $1 a "shake," this was an incredible deal. 180 calories and 30 grams of protein so no more than 1 per day. 4 stars for flavor.

Cytosport's Muscle Milk Protein +
in vanilla or chocolate powder. Do not confuse this with regular or lite Muscle Milk. This is Protein +, available at Costco for about $28 / 40 servings. About 130 calories, 3 carbs, and some sodium and potassium. 4 stars for flavor.

Pure Protein Tri-Phase Infusion I drink this before bed b/c of its sustained release of protein lasting up to 7 hours.

I drink a drink for breakfast as soon as I wake up and while I'm having my coffee b/c I'm hungry and so I can keep the ketosis going.

4 egg whites and 1 egg yolk in lieu of the IP omelet pack

3 oz tuna or salmon in lieu of any IP pack; doesn't seem like much b/c it's not so I usually allow myself 4 oz.

Believe it or not, I may allow myself 15-20 almonds per day or about 5 kalamata olives just to keep myself on track. I'd rather have these "real food" sources than a protein bar that has lots of sugar alcohols, etc.

Last edited by chimpchamp : 06-01-2010 at 07:28 PM.