View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #66
coldbrightday

S/C/G: 171/ticker/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

Default Back again...

Hi y'all! I'm introducing myself here for the second time, because i let myself slide right back to where I started over the last couple of years. (Here's my original intro, back in January 2008. Of course I'm upset that I regained everything I lost, but in many ways it's very uplifting to compare these two intros because I've accomplished a lot in the meantime.)

So here goes:
Screen Name: coldbrightday

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: live with my girlfriend of 8 years, and our two dogs

Hobbies and Interests: Gardening, Running, Cooking, Knitting, Quilting

Favorite Music: This second? Grizzly Bear.

Favorite Color(s): Purple, gray, green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Running, yoga

What are your fitness/health goals? I know I can LOSE the weight, because I've done it before... more than once, actually. Maintenance is clearly my weak point, so my biggest goal is to maintain my loss, and to be smart about addressing whatever barriers come up. Also, I have some serious bingey tendencies, that I want to confront honestly and head-on. I need to be able to eat a cookie now and then without going completely off the rails. Finally, I want to run a marathon. I ran a half marathon last month and am SO, so proud of myself for that. I like having a specific running goal and not just a weight goal.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
First my skinny pants stopped fitting. Then my fat pants stopped fitting. That's when I knew it was time -- I wish I'd turned it around sooner, but I'm glad to be here now.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
See above. Binging, and not maintaining when I DO manage to lose.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Consistency. Being kind to myself. No more diet soda.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Still my sister.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Same as before: tall sexy boots!

Mini Goal #1: 157 lbs. (normal BMI)
Mini Goal #2: 152 lbs. (pre-breakup weight!)

Overall goal:

Last edited by coldbrightday : 05-20-2010 at 05:55 PM.
coldbrightday is offline   Reply With Quote