Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~December Golden Girls~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark?
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!

Old 11-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #2  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Happy December Everyone! It's 12:02 am here so it's December. Let's make this a good month.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

I agree, let's all have a Wonderful Month. Good Luck to us All!!
Old 12-01-2009, 02:55 AM   #4  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

New month, new picture, new squigglies....! This is a GREAT month, and there will be NO 7-10# holiday gain!!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:26 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Can it really be Dec. already? I don't think i'm ready! Where did the year go?
Old 12-01-2009, 08:33 AM   #6  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Freda, I am SO with you on this! I can hardly believe it's already December, four short weeks away from 2010!!! I haven't even started to THINK about Christmas shopping, but I did remind myself - yesterday, actually - that I still have five pounds to go in order to reach my 150-by-Christmas goal. Re-started my careful calorie counting yesterday, and plan to continue straight through Christmas eve. I went a little overboard during the long Thanksgiving weekend, but happily didn't regain any lost pounds.
Soooooo, Happy December to one and all!

Z
PS, Drove my new little Versa in to work today and absolutely LOVE it! I've always enjoyed driving small cars - had a little MG Midget back when I was first married that I had to give up when we had kiddos - drove minivans all the time the kids were growing up. Now I can drive whatever I want (provided there's SOME room for the grands, which there definitely is). Yay.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #7  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!
Amen to Jess's NO 7-10# weight gain! A bite here and a bite there won't hurt me, HA! I tend to nibble when putting out treats on serving dishes, This year I'm going to think of you girls, then when I report in I can say I didn't nibble. Right?
Quote:
This is a GREAT month, and there will be NO 7-10# holiday gain!!

Isabella...what are you doing up at midnight? I fell asleep sitting up watching TV last night at 8:30pm. I watch those make-over shows during the day sometimes and noticed the huge difference between modern homes and ours. We have the 6" borders (wall paper) matching the paint on all our walls and that's out dated according to the decorators. Bruce has a white tail deer, a bull elk, and bull caribou, half a coyote mount on our walls in the living room. I've always hated it but never said anything because it's his home too.
He too has noticed how our home looks like a zoo. I've been gradually taking stuff off the walls, like pictures, family and putting them aways. In the back of our minds we know at some point we'll have to sell our acreage and move into town. It's a lot of work out here, especially in the winter when we have to shovel/snow blow etc. Nobody would be inticed to buy our home looking like a zoo. So yesterday we decided to finish off the basement and he's going to make a man-cave down there for all his mounts. We looked into some knotty pine paneling yesterday, will put down flooring too. It was mostly finished off when we purchased it but the old carpet is long gone and only cement flooring is left. The outside walls are painted brick foundation. So we dug in and starting cleaning out all the junk down there, I have a large area full of boxes for mailing off ebay stuff. I sell 1/2 dozen things a week on ebay, sort of like a nice job and we're getting rid of stuff we'll never use. We got about half done, will finish today. So I better get started, you all have a nice day.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #8  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Happy December, ladies. I really want to post everyday this month. November was stressful what with T'giving prep and I have been sick for over a week, so no workouts for two weeks. I did manage to lose 5.2 lbs, so I can't complain. May I ask you ladies how much you lose during a typical month?

BOBBI ~I had to laugh reading about your home. I watch those shows too, and when I look at my house I get bummed. Too much stuff! I think a man cave is a good idea for all of that wildlife! What kind of things do you sell on ebay?

Z ~Only five pounds to goal! Good for you!

DONNA ~I'm with you, no 7-10 pounds this year. I quit eating junk in July, so I don't think I'll be tempted by all the goodies this year (famous last words?).

INSTITCHES ~Wow, almost to onederland!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #9  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello Gals. You've all got my vote on not gaining over the Christmas season. So much food around in the stores. Oh, my.

Bobbi, I was up watching TV and vicariously eating by surfing through recipes I'd like to try. Hahahaha. I'm going to be making polenta for supper tonight. I've never had corn meal as a savoury dish so tonight's the night.

I have most of my Christmas shopping done. Everyone got pajamas and some other stuff for the home, etc. MIL will get money as she's impossible to buy for. I'll get her a few dish towels and put money in a card. DH will probably have some tool picked out for me to buy and I'll get him a decent shirt or sweater to wear over the holiday season. He's so hard to get into nice clothes...sigh...

I got to go shopping in the car today. DIL and Baby were going to come but it was pouring rain-torrential at times so I sallied forth by myself. Yesterday was windy enough to blow the skin off your bones and today heavy rain and by tonight it's supposed to snow. The temperature is going to drop by 10 degrees Celsius by tonight. It's like a wet spring day out now and by tonight we'll be in winter wonderland.

I'm off to bake a few molasses jam-jams (sandwiched molasses cookies with raspberry jam in the middle) and shortbread cookies for the seniors home this weekend.

Take care and catch you all later.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hello & HAPPY DECEMBER!!!!!

How about we aim for a group loss from today to Jan 1? We each pledge a certain number of pounds to lose & see if we can lose x lbs in December.

I will pledge 4 lbs.

Lynn
Old 12-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Bobbi,

STRANGE occurrance. Since I have been doing the step exercising, I have no more pain from the bone spurs in my foot!

Only thing I can think of is that I've killed all the neves in there.

Lynn
Old 12-01-2009, 02:03 PM   #12  

Morning everyone..we are inthe middle of a snow storm..our power went out sometime during the night and i was stuck in my power lift chair..dh put new batteries in it with a flash lite so i could get up to use the brm..it was pouring rain on top of snow befor bed and got up to a foot of snow and still coming down..power came back on an hr ago..sheesh what a way to start the day..the joys of alaskan life but it sure is pretty out..heres to a no gain holiday for all of us..have a great day rosey
Old 12-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #13  
Bobbi

I have heel spurs too, but we're not stepping with our heels 1st like you normally do when walking. I noticed that I can cross country ski with no heel pain but I can't walk? I sent you the name of my stepper, anyone want to purchase one you can goggle it. They work great and only $69.00 with free shipping. It's called Wagan Tech Mini Stepper.
Quote:

Bobbi,

STRANGE occurrance. Since I have been doing the step exercising, I have no more pain from the bone spurs in my foot!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy December everyone! My Goodness this year hs gone fast! I need to get with the program here for sure!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #15  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all ~

What a goof ball I am ~ kept thinking it must be a slow day here ~ no message on the e-mail that anyone had posted. Duhhhh ~ new month

Just stopping in to say hi ~ off to work here soon.

Take care
Closed Thread