Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 05:44 PM   #16  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to post this before reading back over recents messages.

Remember the email I posted here a while back that I received from the magazine? The one about a "certain person" being fooled into going on a different current affairs TV show, so the one covering the Slimmer of the Year competition had spat the dummy and wasn't going to air their item.

Well... the item was on last night! I didn't get any notification from the magazine that it was going to be on, and of course, no apology yet about accusing me of making them lose lots of money in advertising and magazine sales. People at school had seen the ads for the show and I was there, in full colour, as part of the ad. So at least we knew to record it.

I was out at the school's drama production last night - a FANTASTIC event - and had SO many people tell me that they had just seen me on TV. It was lovely. We watched the show when we got home and it isn't too bad, except there are a couple of GLARING mistakes.

1. It says that Suzanne lost 88kg, which is more than I had lost (87kg/192lbs) and she had lost 68kg.

2. It says that none of the contestants had signed up for a particular program and TWO of them had. One was with Jenny Craig and one did the "Cohen's" program. I think the third was even on a program for a little while until she went out on her own.

So, that was a little disappointing, but I am SO over the whole thing now that it didn't bother me as much as it would have done if the show had aired straight away after the winner's luncheon.

Anyway, I thought I would post the link to the page where you can view the article. The video certainly isn't the best (well, it wasn't when we checked it out) and it may stall for a little while here and there, but you may be able to get the general idea.

Here's the link:

http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/video

You may all be sick of seeing me, but some of you asked about the show, so I figured I would just give you the latest update. I will be interested in whether I actually hear anything back from the magazine or not. I would also like to hear something from the other contestants, as they received that email as well, but I am not holding my breath for either.

As you can see in the video (if you manage to see it) I decided on the steel grey top and the lighter pants. I think I looked OK, even if I DO say so myself.

Now, off to do some catching up.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 10-27-2006, 06:57 PM   #17  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

I'll jump on with more of a post later, just wanted to say...

Zelma: I watched that video & its was pretty awesome. You looked FABULOUS, very glamerous. It was very neat to see someone on tv/video that I "knew", especially in such a great story. Sorry that the whole thing didn't play out like it should of or like you would have wanted it to. But you did look fabulous!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:21 PM   #18  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you Andie. Everyone I saw last night told me how good I looked on the show, and when I saw it I was pleased that the camera didn't add those 10lbs they always talk about. It is so nice to actually look at myself and not go "YUCK".

I'm not sure how long the video will be on their site for. The 'Current Affair' site still has the other video, as it is one of their features, but this one could just be up there for the one day until another one takes its place.

I hope you all have a wonderful start to your weekend. Our forecast for today is find and 29C/84F, which makes for a very nice day in my books. Hubby and I are getting the shopping done early (very soon) and then we are hoping to get a walk in somewhere.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 10-28-2006, 02:04 AM   #19  

hey everyone-

Jill~Hope you are feeling better!

Patti~congrats on your loss!

Lilion~Yeah we took the photos yesterday afternoon. 52 is a nice temp!
Thanks for the light suggestion. We try to use the full spectrum lights. They are like natural lights. Its better than the regular lightbulbs. Its so hard around halloween to watch what we eat. Have fun at the party!

Valerie~Thats great about your job. I bet you are excited! Hope it all goes well for you! Your right about the snow and sand. I really feel it in my legs from walking. I will count those minutes!

Lavandel~You are doing great! 14 lbs lost in a month is really good! Keep up the good work!

Zelma~thanks for sharing the video. You looked wonderful! So inspiring! That must have been so fun to do that with the photo shoot and makeover. You should be so proud!

Well I didn't get any of my exercise in today. I am worried I am falling off the wagon with working out. And I have to work out! So I am kicking my butt back into gear! Not much went on today just we had a bit of a snow storm. So basically staying inside. I hope you all have a great weekend!! Stay OP!
Old 10-28-2006, 08:18 AM   #20  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone!

Hope you are all doing great on your plans... go for it!!!

Zelma, the video is super! You look wonderful and so happy! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Yikes I am up at 5 AM getting ready to go pick up my friend and head for the pool. The water aerobics are wimpy and neither of us want to waste time and $$$ on them but there is a 45 minute lap swim at 7 AM -- half the pool is marked as a gigantic slow lane so I can do water aerobics in that.

Happy Saturday, everybody! Hey, did everyone see the thread about the presidential challenge site where you can earn medals for your exercise, and join a 3FC group? I wish I had known about it as I would undoubtedly have medals by now but I joined it now and am on my way!!
Old 10-28-2006, 08:34 AM   #21  

Height: 5'9

Hey everyone,

I had kind of a rough day today and am trying hard to avoid the kitchen at the moment. I just finished two peaches that I shouldn't have had as I've already had my fruit for the day (but better than binging on chocolate or chips I guess!) and I'm feeling kind of discouraged.

I haven't exercised today as my asthma has been acting up something fierce. I did walk another 25 minutes yesterday though and that was great. Today the temperature dropped a lot and we've gotten dumped with several inches of snow very quickly. I think the temperature drop is what made my asthma act up.

We also went over to my MIL's house this evening as she was taking the last kitten we were giving away of our cat's litter. Now, usually visiting her is great as she's a lovely person and is pretty encouraging as she lost 60 lbs last year on Atkins and has been very encouraging toward my goals. However she and my husband went out to pick up something at the store and while they were gone as I was sitting there staring at the walls I happened to look at a print out of an email that was sitting on her coffee table. I know I shouldn't have looked - we always hate ourselves for these things after, don't we? And I hated myself for it and had a hard time looking her in the eye afterward. It had some rough statements about the beginning of my husband and my's relationship in there and made it sound like she didn't really approve of our marriage at all. After five years of being married maybe that shouldn't bother me but it did and since we've gotten home earlier I've been battling every minute not to drown my anger and other emotions by stuffing myself with food.

I guess I'm definitely an emotional eater, not that I didn't realize it before but it was almost physically painful to try and deal with the emotions without drowning them somehow. I ended up with a terrible headache. Lots of tea and some meditation helped but I'm still feeling a bit hurt. I'd never let on to her though, of course.

Anyway enough whining out of me I hope the rest of you are having great days, congrats to those of you that posted losses today
Old 10-28-2006, 08:59 AM   #22  
Each step gets me closer

Good Morning Chickies.
Ugh, yesterday was a bad day for me. I'm not sure why. Got a case of the BLAHS. Thats the only way I can describe it. I just wanted to stay in bed all day. I didn't do any exercise and I went from hardly eating anything early in the day to eating too much in the evening. Just one of those yucky days you wish you could erase. Oh well, I recognize it and move on. Feeling better already this morning. Of course my bad night had to come right before weigh in this morning. I stayed the same. Thats annoying. I did very well the whole rest of the week but because of last night I didn't lose. Oh well, atleast I didn't gain. I will be weighing again on monday for a month total, hopefully I will be down a little by then. Sucks that I don't get to move my ticker!

Michelle: Those pictures are amazing. Its beautiful but so remote looking. Like you are the only person for miles. I would love to vacation in that sort of place but don't think I could live there.
Thats awesome that your clothes are fitting looser.
Don't feel bad about missing exercise. I missed yesterday too. Lets jump back in it together.

Zelma: Congrats on getting TOM to visit.

Wyllenn: That fact that you are "no one special" makes you all the more inspirational. That means that I can do it too. And you are special.
Thats awesome that no one recognizes you, lol. I'm sure that helps you realize how far you have come.

Katt: Congrats on becoming a landlord! DH wants to get into the rental business & the property flipping business. Gotta win the lottery first.
Also congrats on not wanting any of the goodie basket goodies.

Katy: I too have a husband who like to bring home stuff to be nice. Its hard to say no when you know they are just trying to be nice. I had to tell my husband that I really appreciate the thought but to please not bring me anything to eat from now on. I get flowers now instead!
I hear ya about cleaning the house. I have to rest periodically too. I have an 18 mos old that destroys my house on a daily basis & its alot of bending down to pick up. Its definately a workout cleaning up everynight.
For halloween I plan on taking DD trick or treating so won't be home to hand out candy but I did buy those little mini packs of raisins in case we get a few while we are home. I don't like handing out candy. They also sell cute little containers of playdo made for trick or treating, maybe you can do something like that so you don't have to be tempted. Or buy candy that you will never eat. Its funny, we are taking DD trick or treating for the experience but we don't let her eat candy so I'm not sure what we will do with it. I am gonna find someone to just give it to.
Ooh... I want to do belly dancing one day too. I have a dvd for beginners belly dancing but I can't get my fat to move that way, lol.

Melissa: heres your kick in the butt Sorry you are having a hard time. You have the right attitude, just gotta put it into action. Keep at it. We only fail if we stop trying!

Jill: Hope you are feeling better.

Lillion: Good Luck at your party tonight.

Valerie: Glad you are back on track! Enjoy your last few days of freedom.

Lavendel: Happy 1 month anniversary! 14 lbs in a month is awesome!
Have a good weekend away!

Brenda: Good luck on South Beach.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:17 AM   #23  
Each step gets me closer

Misti: Thats awesome that you think the aerobic class is "too wimpy" and you are making your own. You rock! lol
I have heard of the presidential challenge but didn't know that 3fc had a group for it, I'm gonna check that out.

Katy: Hang in there, don't give up. We all have yucky days, I had a bad one yesterday.
Don't feel guilty for eating fruit. In my book thats one of those things that you can have as much as you want of, fruits & veggies. Yes, fruit has alot of sugar & blah blah blah but if eating those peaches keeps you rom eating a bag of chips, then go for it!
Asthma is not something to mess with! If you feel its acting up then please take it easy. Never feel guilty for protecting yourself. What good would the exercise do if you keeled over from an asthma attack!?
Sorry about the email you read. Why on earth would she have something like that sitting on her coffee table while you are there?? Did she really want you to find it? Sounds kinda rude to me. You can't make people like you. If she doesn't like you then oh well, thats her problem. I have a crazy MIL and we don't get along. She never really liked me & at one point was trying to talk DH (then boyfriend) into leaving me. Now that DD has come along she acts like I am her best friend. Nope, sorry, too late. Thankfully she lives a few states away and we only see her twice a year. Don't beat yourself up over it. Nothing you can do about it anyway.
Just hang in there. Bad days suck. Just push forward. And rant here if you need to.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:26 AM   #24  

Andie... here you go; the link for the challenge

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66271

And LOL the water aerobics class IS wimpy. I did such hard, vigorous ones all summer I don't want to go backwards. I hear there is one teacher who does really vigorous ones but not at the times I go. My friend called to cancel going but I am going anyway. I am just heading out the door.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:45 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Andie -- Ah, you got my point! I AM no one special and, yes, that should mean others can do it too! As for no one recognizing me, it's really only people I don't know well. People who know me well seem to have no problem recognizing me, though most seem to notice the weight loss!

Be patient with those weigh-ins. Remember all the other ways to measure progress!

Katy -- I know it doesn't feel like it, but you are doing well! The very recognition of wanting to eat and struggling against it is a step (as opposed to the just mindless eating)! One of the many challenges of weight loss is that life doesn't stop as we do it. It keeps throwing us those curves.

Just before I started my journey last summer, my parents had started going through the divorce process. This was very difficult on me, and I kept wanting to turn to food. I think I didn't because, while I couldn't control anything that was happening between THEM, at least I could control what went in ME. Not binging became a bit of a lifeline.

As time has gone on, I have slowly started to learn that when I feel angry and frustrated, eating doesn't really help. In fact, it makes things worse in the end. Not only are the effects of "feeling better" momentary, afterwards there is a) the guilt and b) the extra food I just ate. I have started to learn that exercise, in fact, really DOES make me feel better, and that afterwards, I have also burned calories.

Now, I'm not yet at the point where I feel stressed and angry and automatically think of exercise. But I get around to thinking of it sooner AND am more likely to actually go do it.

This whole journey is a process. No one expects us to be perfect (except sometimes ourseives)! You will slip up sometimes, and that's okay. I like to reflect on those experiences afterward so as to try to prevent the same problem from happening in the future!
Old 10-28-2006, 10:24 AM   #26  

Andie~Sorry you had a bad day. And don't worry to much about the no weight change. It will happen! Do you take your measurements? I usually can tell a difference in my clothes before the scale shows a loss. Yes it is really remote up here. Its kinda creepy sometimes to think there are no roads out. We rely on airplane totally in the winter months. Ships can come in during the summer. Its so strange living in such a small town. (4500 people) And actually in the summer its really pretty here...if you look back on the picture page I posted some pics from the summer. A lot of people visit here during the summer this is considered the top of the world.(nothern most city in USA) Oh and I agree we need to jump back into exercising!

Misti~Have fun doing the laps! I miss swimming!

Katy~Sorry you are having a rough day! I agree with andie..eating too much fruit can't be too bad right? At least you aren't eating a bunch of bad things. I have to keep the junk out of the house because I know I would just grab it and chow down. Sorry you saw that e-mail. I know that had to hurt. I have had similar issues with my MIL. Its hard for sure. I am lucky my MIL lives 4500 miles away now! We don't really get along. And I turn to food as well when I get really upset. Its been hard changing my mindset about turning to food...but I just have to! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Ok well its about 6:20 am here and I have still not gone to bed!!!! My husband is on the midnight shift this week. He works 12am -8 am and I have a bad habit of getting on his schedule. And this schedule does not work for me! It makes me feel so miserable. Not to mention it knocks everything off..exercising etc. I hope to get on a normal sleeping schedule by tonight and hopefully I can get back into the swing of things. At least I am staying OP with eating. WEll I am heading to bed now...Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Michelle
Old 10-28-2006, 10:26 AM   #27  
Each step gets me closer

Misti: Thanks for the link. I had actually already found it before I saw you post it, lol. I joined up! I am going for the first type of challenge, the one with the stars. If I can complete that then I will start going for the medals.

Wyllenn/Katy: I agree with exercise helping out in a stressful mood. I find that if I take a walk while I am upset, by the time I am finished I feel much better about the problem & I have burned some fat! Its a win/win. You just have to convince yourself to get going, which while you are upset can be hard to do.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:18 PM   #28  

good morning everyone! i dont know why but i lost another pound this morning.. i could really get used to this lol!
Old 10-28-2006, 12:19 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
You just have to convince yourself to get going, which while you are upset can be hard to do.
Andie -- BINGO! You are so right about that. It's taking me time to make the connection and I do require less "convincing" than before, but that's the tricky part, isn't it??
Old 10-28-2006, 02:22 PM   #30  

Hi everybody!!! Hope your Saturday is going well!

Heather, you always post such encouraging comments... I really appreciate you!

Michelle, I know what you mean about swimming. I got so into the water aerobics this summer until our pool closed! But I am enjoying this beautiful pool not so far from me too... just end up going once a week on Sat morning usually.

Andie, glad you joined up for the challenge. I decided to go straight for the bronze medal since I have logged so much exercise already these past few months. The patch would be neat to have though to wear on a jacket or something.

Patti yay! Good for you on the visit from the FFM!

I went and did the early water aerobics during lap swim time... then I noticed there was a new teacher for the shallow water aerobics which were just starting and I could see she was GOOD. So I jumped over and joined in her class... wow it was a great workout! So I got in TWO hours of water aerobics this morning, including about 30 minutes of that was water jogging! Yay! I have to go report in on the exercise thread... I am going to make my goal for the month yippee!
Closed Thread