3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again #1042 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/96814-300-ready-try-again-1042-a.html)

Vilandra485 10-27-2006 05:29 AM

300+ And Ready To Try Again #1042

:welcome:

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!

Vilandra485 10-27-2006 05:31 AM

Why do I do it?

Hi Ladies...No 'real' news, again! :shrug: Except for a rant...be warned! I feel I'm as much OFF plan as I can be without breaking my main rules (no fast food, chocolate bars, or potato chips). Maybe I've overreacting, but I feel so crappy. I think I'm up a couple pounds AGAIN...I just can't seem to leave the 320's behind!! This week I've eaten Chinese food TWICE (huge meals, too :(), barely exercised properly, and (the thing I'm really mad at myself over) I ate something (heavy to boot!) when I *knew* I was ALREADY FULL!! GRRRRR!! :mad: What's going on with me lately?!?! I mean, I've lost 30 something pounds, which - of course - is great...but I keep feeling like I need to "give myself a break" and go off and not think about calories, exercise, etc...but that's what my mind is thinking, NOT ME - I *know* this is bad, I don't wanna keep this up...but it's like something else is controlling me...I need to regain control - AGAIN! I am not going in a downward spiral, not now, I didn't spend 5 1/2 months being disciplined to mess up now. I want 180 so bad I can taste it, and I will NOT get there by taking "breaks" everytime I have a good weigh-in! ARGGHH!! :mad: Well...I am trying now...as I sit here with my stomach aching cause I stuffed myself I know this is not right...this is not what I want for myself...I have to take over with full control and not let my mind play tricks on me anymore! I know in my heart this is not how I want to live...granted the -30+ pounds I've lost IS something to be proud of...but not something to let myself slip up for. NOTHING is good enough to let my body slip up for, and EVERYTHING ahead that's waiting for me is worth it for me to NOT slip up for. I need a kick in the rear ladies! I'm going to try harder...take a minute to think before I act. "Won't I enjoy (healthly food) just as much as (unhealthly food) and also feel much better later for the decision I will make?" I will have to keep that in mind. Thanks for listening ladies. Hope you're all doing well.
Stay OP chickies!!

Melissa

mechell81 10-27-2006 06:06 AM

Hey everyone-

NANCY~Hope the thing at work gets better whatever it is! I agree about the weighing. I try to just weigh once a week. But sometimes I have to peek! I love that show LOST! I wish they would just tell us whats on the island already!:lol: I have heard Battlestar Gallactica is a good show. Congrats on losing 2 pounds!:cheer2:

LAVANDEL~Congrats on losing two pounds!:bravo: I struggle some days with eating enough. My body is so used to my bad habits of skipping breakfast and lunch sometimes.

KATT~congrats on your loss! :cp:

POCHITA~Hope to see you posting more! Jump on in here! :)

VALERIE~Congrats on getting the job!!!:congrat: :woohoo:

ANDIE~Thats great you thought to get exercise in the parking lot while wating!

AMMI~Glad you are feeling better!

ZELMA~Glad TOM has come for a visit! Never thought I would tell someone that!:lol:

ZIGGY~Hope everything went well from the move!

WYLLENN~Wow what great NSVs. That must make you feel proud! You have come so far! And yes there is hope...sometimes hard to see that but there is!Thanks for sharing! :)

KATT~Congrats on closing on the house! You must be excited!

MELISSA~Sorry you are having a tough time hun!:hug: You have come far! Losing 30 plus pounds is awesome! The thing is I guess we can't beat ourselves up for messing up...we just have to do better when we do. Ok so you had a few days or a few weeks of bad eating...tommorow is a new day! You can do this! Hang in there!:hug:

Well I didn't get exercise in AGAIN today. But we did go to the beach and I got quite the workout from walking in the snow/sand. I guess that does count as exercise! I do want to get back on my routine though. My sleeping schedule keeps getting messed up by DH shift work. And it just throws everything off! Anyways...I will try to get my walking in later today. Well I am up late 2 am here! DH went to work 2 hours ago. I better get some sleep! Hope you all have a great day!

***also I posted some pictures in the picture page thing. Just a pic from yesterday at the beach. The first pic is of me...sort of hard to see me though. It was 7 degrees outside!!!! I was freezing!:lol:

Oh and today my jeans and jacket are getting way loose! I may have to buy a lower size jeans before we go down to Anchorage in Nov.:carrot:

Have a great day everyone! :hug:

Michelle

Misti in Seattle 10-27-2006 07:08 AM

Good morning everyone, and happy Friday!

Welcome to the newbies! And if any other lurkers are reading this please join in and don't hesitate. You ARE very welcome here!!! :yes:

Yay, it's Friday... 4 AM and here I am up again getting ready for work.

Congrats to those who have had visits from the FFM.

Katt, LOL I cracked up at your comment about the FFM visiting me "on a regular basis" or something like that. After 6 weeks I FINALLY got the scale down another two pounds... and it is up 3 again this morning. That doesn't feel like anything close to a "regular basis" but hey I am happy with what I get and at least it seems to be moving a bit. :)

Ammi, so glad you are finally feeling better! Yay!!!

Keep OP everyone!!!! :cheers: When you are tempted with the "bad stuff" remember the consequences and you do NOT want them! :nono: :kickbutt:

Heather 10-27-2006 07:23 AM

Melissa -- It sucks to feel that way. If the "breaks" are bothering you, you are right, you can't take them so much. Does it help to ask yourself why you think you need them?? You're rewarding your weight loss with food! Are you rewarding yourself because you feel deprived? Then maybe it's time to give yourself permission to have small bits of the things you want? Or are there other reasons (fears?)

I don't have the answers, but my question is always "Why".

Anyway, you know it doesn't help to beat yourself up about it. You can't change the past. But you can change the future.

And coming here and ranting isn't a bad thing!

jillybean720 10-27-2006 07:38 AM

Oh, dear, I seem to have missed an entire thread yesterday. I was not feeling well yesterday at all. My chest felt congested, which was causing me to cough quite a bit, my nose was stuffy in the morning (luckily that cleared up throughout the day), my upper back hurt from the Tae Bo I attempted on Wednesday morning (I guess I know it works, right?), my lower back and lower abdomen were aching with cramps, I was extremely tired from having only had about 4 hours of sleep, and TOM made his grand debut for this cycle. I ate pretty much everything I could get my hands on yesterday. I did get up and do my 30 minutes of WATP yesterday, but this morning when my alarm went off, my cramps were so bad I didn't feel like moving at ALL, so I skipped this morning's workout. 4 days of exercise in a week is still an improvement over the 0 I was doing 3 weeks ago, but now I can make 5 days my next goal. I'd like to get in the habit of working out every weekday morning and taking the weekends off, and next week, TOM will be on his way out (as opposed to his current state of barging right in and making himself at home).

So yadda yadda yadda...today has already started off as a bad food day, but that leaves me some room to improve for the rest of the day, right? Having a McDonald's breakfast doesn't mean I have to trash the rest of the day as well. Of course, I forgot to grab my lunch this morning, so I have no idea what lunch will be today, but dinner will likely be Panera since we're going to the movies to see Saw 3 tonight, and Panera is right near the theater.

Oh, sugar, boss just walked in (half an hour earlier than usual), so I'd better go act more productive!

toofatforu 10-27-2006 08:30 AM

good morning everyone .Melissa hang in there we all have those kind of days! just take it one day at a time.Congratulations to everyone on their losses. i was lucky again to day my scales moved down again.. oh happy me!

Lilion 10-27-2006 10:48 AM

Morning Chickies!

Michelle – Saw your photos. Those were yesterday? Suddenly, I feel a lot better about it being 52 and raining here! :lol: You've mentioned the sleep problem and the 24 hours of darkness thing. Have you considered buying a sunlamp or even lots of florescent lights? I know plants grow under grow-bulbs or florescent and they use sunlamps for people with Seasonal Affective Disorder…might help you.

Melissa – It's so easy to "deserve" a "cheat day" or so. DH and I once got really burned out and decided we were going to have a weekend where we just wouldn't think about it. I had biscuits and gravy and all the old, bad foods. "Just one weekend" I told myself "Back to work on Monday"…NOT so easy as it sounds. I get so TIRED of thinking about food…but it is much harder to get back OP than you might think, as you know. The fact that you are paying attention…the fact that you WANT to be in control, is something to go on. I imagine in the past, you didn't think about what you ate or care about it that much. If you can think of getting back in control I believe you can do it! :hug:

Heather – Your story was so funny…about people not recognizing you! I bet Zelma's had that happen too! A while back a woman stopped me on the street and said "Oh my GOD! How much have you lost? I almost didn't recognize you! You look GREAT!" and we chatted a moment. I walked away thinking - "Who the Heck was that???" :lol: Apparently, I've lost my mind along with my weight!

Jilly – I'm sorry you are feeling so cruddy! I hope you get better soon! Hey, at least you did WATP – that's impressive the way you feel. Have you ever posted at the official WW site? I wondered because I saw someone with the user name Jillybean there.

Patti – Glad to see you had a scale victory!

Well all, I overate in a really stupid way yesterday. I wasn't hungry really for dinner and couldn't think what to eat. I had 11 pts left! I ended up making chicken salad with canned chicken, FF mayo, grapes, celery and ginger and it was okay, but not great. I got two pieces of flat bread and made two roll-ups and ate them BOTH even though I was full after one. The stupid things you think when overeating…the flatbread is getting old and needs eaten…there's not enough chicken salad to bother putting in the fridge…stupid! Especially when I'd been thinking of getting ½ a Roly Poly sandwich for dinner…not two! Didn't go over on points, but still…why stuff myself? Then, bless my hubby's heart, he'd gotten a candy bug and decided to make Peanut Butter balls. I LOVE them…ate FOUR! That's 8 pts right there! And I wasn't even hungry! Ah well, I still have plenty of flex pts and it's done now. Now if only I do well at the Halloween costume party tomorrow. Cupcakes and Cookies and Snacks – Oh MY!

Time to run! Hope you all have a great Friday and a good weekend if I don’t get back!

NoLifeWithoutHorses 10-27-2006 12:50 PM

Thank you ALL for both your good wishes and all the congrats on my new job! I’m excited – expecially about actually getting control of my own paycheck! My tax returns last year SAID $55k, but all of it went through hubby’s hands and I only got the money necessary to pay the horse board (usually late) and money for food, which he whined went too fast. Control of my money, my life and time at home were the things I wanted, and while I’ll be working 12 hour days at this new job, at least the $$$ is good and the control of it is mine. I used to LOVE driving when I first started, and now I find I’m loving it again.

Thru yesterday I’ve still been recovering from a combination of Bill being home, the popcorn ball fiasco, attack of TOM, and whatever other excuses I could come up with. But as of today, I’M BACK! OP 100%! I actually started using the log sheets for food, exercise, water and vitamins that I made up last week. I’m off to a good start with my 90 minute workout, and food logged of: apple, peanut butter, asparagus & salmon so far, plus I took my vitamins & downed 4 cups of H2O, ta boot! The next question is, do I go play at the new gym today, or do I go over to Borders and use my $10 gift cert towards the “Loser” workout video with Bob??? Maybe I could stop off at Curves on the way back? Ah, decisions, decisions. I better enjoy my last few days of unemployment while I can!

HEATHER, Those two failures to recognize you were two of the coolest NSV’s ever! Made me wanna just GIGGLE with delight!

ZELMA, Congrats???? On TOM. I suppose when things haven’t been working quite as expected, it IS quite a relief to have them back to normal… and in this case, then gone again. ;) I hope your usual sweet, non-monster self is back already and you’re feeling good again.

AMMI, It’s so good to see you perking up and feeling better. That tummy bug had to be horrible, especially because it lasted SO long! It’s good to have you back, and I’m sure that you’ll find your stride again with the exercise and eating again in no time. You’re a leader in that regard, and I have absolute faith in you!

KAYLEY, Good luck with those exams, on Monday and the Spanish one. I liked Spanish in high school, but after I took first year, they didn’t have room in second year, so they jumped me ahead to third year Spanish. Can you imagine? Just SKIP a year of a language?? Needless to say, I flunked out. I’ve wished I knew it on many occasions, so I commend you for taking it.

KATYDID, That’s tremendous, the success you’ve achieved in your everyday tasks getting easier. It’s wonderful when you can FEEL the progress of your efforts! Things will just keep getting better, too!!! Good for you!!!

MELISSA, As Batman would have it: WHAM! ZOWIE! BAM! POW! Oh, yeah, and :kickbutt: ! That said, I’ve just come thru a week like that myself. One day I was on a tremendous roll, going for that 20 pounds in 6 weeks, then a few factors combined at once and I was tumbling.
:^: Like you, I didn’t just go off the deep end, but I had some things I shouldn’t, or too much of things even if they were relatively OP, and the exercise fizzled away…taking my mood with it. I went out to movie last night and to dinner afterwards, and I didn’t go whole-hog – no candy with the movie or dessert after dinner or sweet that I knew I’d suffer more for today - but I let myself indulge more than I normally know I should because I planned the deadline of this morning to get back on track: back to exercise class, back to logging my food. I’ve been struggling for days to get back 100%, but setting a specific future start plan helps me, where just saying “I shouldn’t be doing this!” “I’ll make up for it tomorrow.” “I can’t believe I’m Doing this!” – those things don’t help because there still part of a self-destructive, negative punishment mindset.
:) Will that help you? To plan to indulge – NOT self-destruct, just indulge a little in relatively OP items – with a fixed date/time and a set plan/schedule to get back on track with a specific exercise activity.
:lifter: Look Melissa, You’ve done brilliantly so far. I’ll tell you a secret. I’m very competitive and I try to use that to my benefit. I’ve watched your exercise minutes this month BECAUSE you’ve been doing so great and you’ve been such an inspiration to me. I know we’re not competing with each other, but when you’ve been ahead of me in minutes, I’ve been driven to put in more time on the TM, or walk more, or do SOMEthing because you set such a good example. I owe you! I’m getting back to this, and I ABSOLUTELY KNOW that you can and will too! Just pick your own time when you’re ready… and then kick my butt on those minutes, K? This is your choice: We can send the FFM to your house…. Or we can send Batman. What’ll it be?

Heavens, MICHELLE, walking in the sand/snow is DEFINITELY a workout! I walk in the sand in the riding arena at the barn sometimes because I can feel it in my calves, hamstrings and butt so much more. It can really pump your heart rate up, too! I’d count those minutes if I were you.

JILLY, Yup, sure looks like your exercise is improving if you’ve increased it from 0 to 3-4 days a week! GREAT! And no, McDonald’s for B-fast doesn’t mean the whole day is shot! PANERA??? OMG! That’s one place I should definitely stay far away from! Good luck! OOP – quick, duck! ‘fore the boss sees ya!

jillybean720 10-27-2006 01:11 PM

ha, boss is in an interview now, so I have a few minutes ;)

Valerie--I LOVE eating out at Panera because not only do they have all of their nutritional info listed on their website, but I can get a half Chopsticks Chicken Salad and a cup of soup for not a bad deal calorie-wise, whereas I know if we went to a different restaurant, I'd probably end up with something fried :devil:

Sounds like a lot of us are in (or are just recovering from) a rut food-wise. For me, I think it may be the change in the weather in addition to TOM. It's finally COLD here for the first time this season, so I think I'm reaching for more comfort foods (earlier, I even had a big mug of tomato soup with croutons--if that's not warm comfort food, I don't know what is!). Time to focus on ignoring the weather and making my new routines into new HABITS!

NoLifeWithoutHorses 10-27-2006 01:45 PM

Yes, JILL, the WEATHER! I'll have to add that to my list! :D Seriously, all the dark skies and rain don't help, do they? * As for Panera, I think the SMELL of the bread when I came thru the door would add a pound or two, and knowing me I'd leave with a loaf in each hand. For the time being, I just can't be trusted! But the soup & chicken salad sound yummy. I even had chicken salad for lunch out yesterday. Not a choice I'd normally make to have out because of the mayo & whatever, but yesterday was my 'indulge, but not far off the path' day. It certainly helps when the nutritional value is available.

Lavandel 10-27-2006 02:10 PM

ello ladies :)

Its such a good vibe in this chat. You just have to love it!

Today is exactly one month since I started with this jurney. I dont belive I managed the whole month..wow. The result is: -14,77 lb :D I love it! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Just wanted to say this :D

Im off as quick as I came lol need to do some more packing, am going away with my bf for the weekend...oh I need a few days free!

Have a great weekend all, when I come back please dont make me read how you gain :nono: I wanna see looses ;) (I hope I wont be the one gaining :o )

And god please help me be OP this weekend :^:

Ciao...:hug:

going to lose 200 10-27-2006 02:39 PM

Hi Ladies
Lilion~ you weren't the only one eating peanut butter balls last night! Guilty here as well!

Val~ Congrats on the job. :dance:

Melissa~ :hug: I'm right here with ya girl! I'm having a go at it this past couple too. Hubby and I are planning on detoxing with South Beach again. I need to feel that control that I had before. I know the carbs....grrrr carbs.... are the reason and I just have to. I am going to work so hard at getting things back on track. Monday morning is it. Back to South Beach I go!! I liked it there. I was in control there. Good luck getting back on track. I am here if you need to talk!

K, I have to run again. I am going into the city tonight and have to get things in order, dinner prepped so we dont eat out and have my shower etc. Talk to you all later. :hug:

Brenda :wave:

jillybean720 10-27-2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLifeWithoutHorses (Post 1452057)
I even had chicken salad for lunch out yesterday. Not a choice I'd normally make to have out because of the mayo & whatever, but yesterday was my 'indulge, but not far off the path' day. It certainly helps when the nutritional value is available.

oh, heh, the one I was talking about at Panera (Chopsticks Chicken Salad) is just a salad with grilled chicken and an Asian dressing--not actual chicken salad. I agree...I steer clear because of all the mayo and who-knows-what-else prepared chicken salad can have in it.

But yes, definitely add the weather to the ever-growing list of excuses ;) Along with free food in the office, Halloween, TOM...

Nightkatt 10-27-2006 05:15 PM

Hi all

Melissa - Hun get the beating yourself up over with asap and get back on track ... you have to know from reading the posts on here that everyone has a hard time thru the journey ... and I am sure that over the next 2 months there will be a lot of "Oh NO" moments with the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Xmas/New Year seasons coming up ... so dont get too upset, and work yourself back into the routine again :) Big Huggies hun .. you CAN do it :)

VAL - I know what you mean about nice to have the money you earn in your own hands :) Im sure when you get your first pay check you will just be elated :) WTG hunny.

Today is a beautiful day and Scoot and I are gonna go up town to get some shopping done .. have to get him some new clothes .. I love clothes shopping ..,. for other people anyway rofl ...

Have a great day everyone ... will write more later :)