Old 09-18-2016, 02:15 PM   #46  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

LadyPocketz Well done on the water intake, that's great!

RubyLeprechaun That's awesome!!!

About Me After having a bit of a slip up on Friday night by eating cake and stuff, I have been really good for the last two days so I am hoping that I have been able to save it. I really want to see 290 on the scale come Wednesday which is 1.9lbs less that last week. All I can do is hope mind!
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:27 PM   #47  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Had a bad weigh in today. Up 3.4 pounds. I got lazy on my portions this week, and I'm just reminded that I can't wing it.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:36 AM   #48  
Determind Member

ChuggingAlong I just noticed that You came back into the conversation, I saw your post last month and replied to you on this months thread hoping that you would see it. How are you getting on?

Phae1963 Well done at joining a new challenge! Also I would say that a herbal tea would count as water, I always have a 39calorie hot chocolate at night because I don't like herbal tea's sadly. But I would say that you count count that for sure.

CatherineM Ok, so don't worry about it too much, it has taught you a good lesson and now you will learn from it. I believe that one day you will be able to judge your portions more accurately in the future. Maybe spend the next week or so really concentrating on what 100g looks like or whatever you are cooking. Maybe that way, the next time you do "wing it", the results will be surprising. Good Luck!

About me Well I seem to of got all clogged up again this week after finally getting some senokot to prevent my painkillers from doing just that. I have taken the senokot and its doing nothing now. I just wish I could get the damn ops on my arms so that they can heal and I can stop taking painkillers.

Last night I made a lovely stir fry and I dropped it all over the carpet, I could of cried right there and then.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:32 AM   #49  
742,000 calories burned

I'm off to the pool.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:12 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Scotsgal - I feel for you - somedays it feels our bodies are against us - and sounds like more oft then not for you - I would HAVE CRIED if I had dropped a lovely dinner I made...

Catherine: Deep breath - but maybe not to deep in the pool - you can do it... I have taken to using smaller plates to help with portion control I had a friend who bought a ceramic paint and painted her hand on a plate to help her-worked like this protein went on the palm - at about 1/2 of it and the rest of the hand was used on carbs like rice or pasta or legumes or starchy veg like potatoes corn olives or yams - white type beans like baked beans or kidney beans .... fruit goes on the rest of the plate, outside the hand along with veggies like mushrooms green beans or carrots
How are the water work outs /walking going ... do you just do laps at the moment...

Phae - check out the herbal tea packets... depends on the tea... I think they do count as long as you don't sweeten them

Chugging along: Hi and WELCOME .... .

thought you all might like a laugh - I did a dive into the pool at work and out of my shorts!!!!! well I was surprised .. at least my swim togs stayed on

Last edited by Karencat; 09-20-2016 at 06:12 AM.
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:38 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Karencat- I love the idea of the hand plate. I'm horrible at visualing guessing a measurement so I have a half cup measuring cup sitting next to the plates. Also I know it had to be embarrassing at the time but I'd love if I lost enough weight for my shorts to fall off.

Phae- thank you for the kind words! Where did you sign up for the challenge? Is it on this website? I haven't really explored much past this board.
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #52  
742,000 calories burned

Today is a kranking day. I have a hand crank stationary bike thing. I do that every other day. Yesterday and tomorrow are pool days. Just trying to take everything a day at a time.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:11 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 310/305.4/unlimited goal

Height: 5'6"

Hello all!

I hope to post more personal replies tomorrow. I have given up daily coffee and carbonated beverages. My doc and i determined at the beginning of the month this was contributing to the burning sensations in the mornings. I have been off of them since sept 1. I dont have my normal urges for carbs in the morning and it is getting easier to feel fullness now. I had a loss last week and hopefully again this week. I feel so much better without a burning tummy and my bloating has decreased as well. It is surprising to me how that change really made a world of difference for me.

We are stronger than we think.
Opine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:41 AM   #54  
Determind Member

Hello everyone, My laptop has been on the blink the past few days and it has really impacted doing some work for my new business. It was also a local holiday over the weekend and I have been chasing insurance companies who all all seemed to be closed just when I needed them.

I have decided to start drinking cranberry juice in the morning and in the evening so try and sort my bloat out, it seems to be working as I have never been able to drink it without instantly needed to go to the toilet lol, who needs a hot curry? not me!

Today I weighted in at 291.7 which is the same as last Friday before the bloat attack. Luckily it means that I have lost 1lb this week, but it isnt what I was hoping Aww well got to try again next week!
Old 09-21-2016, 06:16 PM   #55  
742,000 calories burned

Got my two kilometre run in. One day I hope to be light enough to do it on the ground instead of the pool.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:36 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 338/296/150

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone. I haven't gotten very consistent at posting daily yet. I really need to work on it. Right now I am working an overnight shift at work, so it is making things a little more difficult to manage, time wise. We do, however, have an onsite gym, so in the middle of the night when I get tired, I go to the gym and walk a mile on the treadmill, so the overnight shift has helped increase my exercise a little. Sleep is a struggle, though. I'm really looking forward to getting back to a normal routine.

Just returned from a two week vacation with my daughter and had prepared myself to gain weight while we were traveling. Shockingly, I must have made decent choices and actually lost a couple of pounds! Now I just need to find new ways to motivate myself to get even more active.
Chuggin Along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:58 AM   #57  
Determind Member

Chuggingalong Well done on the surprise loss, it is always a complete bonus when then happens.

Well I seem to think I have found a new low, which is great!! But does anyone else know if they weigh in lighter, if they slept in longer? There has been a few mornings where the dog has woke me at about 7:30am when I could of had a lay in. I go pee, then step on the scales and go urrghhhh then go back to bed, only to take the weigh in after I actually wake up (and pee again). This morning I did this... I weighed in at 292.2 at 7:30am and then had a nice long lay in and weighed in at 11 at 290.7??? the only thing I did was have an extra pee!!

So I am currently 32.3 lbs down, I would love to be 287 (which is 3.7lbs away) by the time I go to Germany on the 10th of October...
Old 09-22-2016, 07:58 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 310/305.4/unlimited goal

Height: 5'6"

Hi Scotsgal,

I have experienced that as well. Usually on the weekends when I get a chance to sleep in. Our bodies sure are a mystery at times! Looks like you are on your way to meeting your goal.....

Chuggin: Good for you! For me the best part of vacation is losing weight. Unfortunately then I gain it back when I return. For me it is the new environment and the ton of activity I do on vacation. Maybe it's the lack of stress also. I usually go on long road trips and have no timeline, and just go with whatever happens. I've had some amazing adventures that is for sure.

I work at a desk all day; go in sunrise to sunset usually. Exercise is something I am working on becoming consistent with.

Last edited by Opine; 09-22-2016 at 08:06 PM. Reason: I cannot spell.
Opine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:27 PM   #59  
742,000 calories burned

Had some emotional eating today, but didn't go nuts so that's a plus.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:24 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Phae: Thanks! I guess I'm going to have to do some exploring.

I've been thinking about joining a workout class. It's a circuit one so I guess I wouldn't be bored. I just don't like new places and the thought of people looking at me really bothers me. I'm trying to talk my bf into coming with me to take off the pressure. Plus I'm not going to lie...the thought of an actual workout scares me. I'm currently only walking and that's already pretty hard. Positives for today are, I discovered laughing cow cheese spread. It's super low calorie and helps me enjoy all the veggies I'm eating. I've never eaten this many vegetables before and it's getting boring.
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote