Old 09-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #76  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Nikkinicole Once you hit your target I hope you take that trip You will love Scotland We are very friendly.

Robertscm83 WELCOME!!! Your reason for joining is the reason we are all here. I would of said that I was in the same position as you a few years back, but my mum seems to of put on a lot of weight, my brother also, yet none of them are over 240. I am lucky in the sense that I have a long back and I hold my weight pretty well. When people find out how heavy I actually am they gasp, they all think I am also around 240 (started at 323 and now 290). I have always been the overweight kid, but I have always been surrounded by good supportive family and friends. This isn't always good though, because it means that no one really see's your weight as an issue. I have decided though to get down to 154 or close enough for my 30th birthday in January 2019. This will hopefully motivate my surrounding family members to move their butt and see that if I can lose weight, so can they. Mum has so far lost 20lbs I am so pleased for her! We are a community of people to motivate each other, I hope you stay

RubyLeprechaun I feel ya! I actually just now live with my mum as I start up my business, she is not a child, yet I feel like she uses every single dish in the kitchen, it is only the two of us living here, yet that dishwasher is on twice a day . I am also the one who does the cooking, so she can't even blame it on that! Today I have drank far to many cups of tea to keep my mind off of it. Good luck! Throwing you some motivation your way!! just see it as an extra work out.

CatherineM I graduated in June and I looked like a whale, the picture now sits in my grans house showing everyone just how huge I was. I sit mine on my fireplace for a reminder of how I will never go back to that, next year I will be able to happily compare my skinny body against it lol. All you can do is look your damn best and just be fabulous! then maybe this time next year you can look at your pics and smile, smile because you will be able to show everyone just how far you have come in your journey! Try and turn it into a positive If not..... Lots of wine lol

SamIam That has actually made me boiling mad reading what's going on with you. I would not want to be in that position. My sister is quite strict on my niece who is 7 and I stand there thinking, what the heck did she do for her to deserve that reaction or treatment. She would never go as far as the extent you are talking about (I hope), but I fully expect my niece at 14/15/16 to be turning up at my door A LOT! I feel sometimes the problem in the US (with this type of situation) is the age limit on certain things. Your 16 year old's are very much treated like our 12 year old's, at 16 we are classified as an adult, we can leave home, we can leave school, we can live wherever and with whomever you wish. This would be beneficial in your situation right now. Sometimes, things pop up in life where planning and going to the gym is just not possible. I hope the damage on the scale hasn't been too bad, and I hope things settle down in order for you to be able to take some time to focus on you again.

About me Well the last week has been a bit disappointing. I hit a new low last Thursday (which seems to be my lightest day of the week) at 290.8 and I was super over the moon about tackling the 280's and getting past my dreaded first big weightloss goal. But since then all I have done is bloat right up! it got me super annoyed to the point where I ordered TAKEOUT!! What an idiot!! It was a healthy choice of chicken veggies and noodles, but it was a much bigger portion than I would usually have if made at home, and I stuffed it all in my face. The last few days have been filled with workouts and very low calorie days to try and save it and I have only Just. Today I weighed in at 291.2 (+0.4) I may have saved my gain of the week, but I have made no loss and it makes me mad!

I think I will need to spend the rest of this week on a super low calorie diet and do my exercises every day. I need to see 288 on the scale next week to of fully saved my butt!

Oh well.... Onwards and upwards

Last edited by Scotsgal; 09-29-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:15 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Samiam: I'm so sorry you and your family have to go through this. I hope your mother is able to get her rights.
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:15 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 317/*tracker*/165

Height: 5'9

SamIam That makes my heart hurt hearing all you are going through. I work in law enforcement in CA and runaways are not charged with anything around here. It pisses off the parents but we don't see why a child should be charged for something like that. So, on that end, I want to shake my fist at SC Law. She's obviously running away for a reason ... and that is something they should be looking into more. I am glad that she has loving grandparents and I hope they get their custody and ... I hope for you that there is a light at the end of this stressful tunnel!!
Stress is so hard on our bodies. SO HARD.
I hope everyone is doing well.
nikkinicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:03 AM   #79  

I'm having trouble staying on track with my step count. I'm trying to do things gradually so my goal was only 5000 steps a day.... yeah... I think I might have hit that once. I'm not trying to make excuses (ok maybe I am) but I do work 3 rd shift and only getting 2-3 hours of sleep days that i work is not helping with my motivation. It will be nice when my daughter starts school because I can sleep while she is there but that's a couple years away. At least I'm doing really well on my calorie intake. I only went over once on the first day

EDITED: I forgot to ask. Does anyone take any vitamins or supplements? Some of the material I've been reading has recommended them.

Last edited by RubyLeprechaun; 09-30-2016 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:24 PM   #80  
Determind Member

RubyLeprechaun I completely feel where you are coming from with the steps. A friend of mine who has a masters degree in nutrition and sport and stuff told me to start aiming to get in 10,000 steps per day. I thought yeh i'll try that out and see how I get on. Now I don't know what he does for a job, but I don't have enough time in the day to walk 10,000 steps lol. In the morning I take the dog a quick walk before I start doing work (at home) and it only logs about 2,200 steps. Then at night after I have finished work and made the dinner and done some house work. I take the dog out for another and slightly longer walk which will sometimes only just make me over 5,000 No way could I hit 10,000 unless it was a day off from work.

I take Vit C because my whole family constantly have the bloomin cold lol Luckily it keeps me healthy and cold free. I also sometimes take Folic Acid to help my hair grow longer lol
Old 09-30-2016, 10:28 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Popping into wave hi and goodbye to the month of September

I'm slowly plodding along with my WW journey

walking 10,000 steps - gotten to 13500 now... means I have to take an hour to go for a very long brisk walk to get there though
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:34 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 249.9/213/180

Height: 5Ft 7In

HIHi all! I am kinda new to 3FatChicks (left for a while and now I'm back). I know that I don't exactly meet this groups criteria (I haven't been over 300 lbs in many years) but I was wondering if I could join? You all seem so awesome and supportive!
DoxieMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:45 AM   #83  

I'm doing better with the walking but now I think I have a shopping addiction. It's been so rainy here the best place to walk with a stroller was at the mall. I don't think that going to work out. I keep ending up with stuff. I tried walking at the park and they had a farmer's market..i ended up with more stuff. Sigh. At least my count is up. Yesterday I was a bit over 4000

Phae: So nice only gone the once to the circuit. I have trouble talking to people in general and adding sweating and lack of breathing doesn't help so my bf was supposed to be coming with me. Unfortunately we are having a bit of scheduling difficulties. I really need to suck it up and go by myself but my self esteem only goes so far.

Doxiemommy: Hello! I feel the same way about this board. I'm so glad I found it.

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm down to 336. My first ten pounds are gone. Success

Last edited by RubyLeprechaun; 10-02-2016 at 05:46 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:05 AM   #84  
Determind Member

Phae, I totally missed your comments because you are still in September lol Come join us in October

Thank you btw, it is always nice to see someone who has the same issue as you, no mater what it is. Like you said, while I may of looked 250 when I was really between 290-323, it also means that it takes a lot to notice it. I have lost 33lbs and now people go, oh have you lost a little weight? or have you changed your hair? lol
Old 11-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 308/308/190

Height: 5'3

Hello! I am new... well kinda, I joined in 2013 and never really followed through. But I'm here now, right?! I am ready to make some big changes! I am currently at right around 300. My big goal is 190! I know I can do this... I just have to actually do it!! I look forward to making new friends and supporting one another through this journey!
skywingss is offline   Reply With Quote