Old 06-27-2015, 01:09 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Hot. Hot, hot, hot. I know that I haven't done a bang up job on the weight loss program over the last year, but going to the hot place is not fair! It's hot in the NW if you can't tell.

Sam Since you're our poster girl for successful weight loss, I love how you mention the other changes that you've noticed -- being able to bear the heat more, enjoying being outside, and your plans for this weekend including not drinking because you don't want to waste the day off sleeping. These observations have really helped me -- makes me realize that I don't want to lose weight to look better or even feel better (although I'm assuming that those would be benefits), but to be able to live life better. Thanks for helping to put the important things into perspective. Also got a kick out of your mom helping by trying to paint the chairs, running out of paint, and then stopping. Not sure I'd put that into the help category, but got to give her credit for good intentions.
Rabidstoat Ditto Tootsie and Ubee. We've all done it. I imagine that it will happen again. Love yourself enough to get back on plan now before those bad habits creep back into your lifestyle.
Tootsie very nicely worded response to Rabid. Hope you're doing ok.
Ubee Staying on plan but I was disappointed this morning that there was no loss. Then I caught myself and had a little discussion about realistic expectations. My challenge for this week is to make and decorate my nephew's birthday cake and not resort to licking as in licking the beaters, licking the spoon, licking the bowl. Have you ever tried kale chips? I'm going to make some up today and see if I like them. The house is gray with white trim and red (a deep red not RED!) accents.

Today is house cleaning day so hopefully I'll get most of the upstairs down today. I have to give the downstairs a good cleaning since the kids move in next week. I should sweat off a couple of pounds since it's going to be 95 today.

Nothing exciting planned on the dieting front. I went to the grocery store yesterday in anticipation of the kids coming and bought meat and veggies. Has anyone else noticed how much their grocery shopping has changed in terms of what's in the cart? Hope everyone has a great day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:55 PM   #152  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy with getting my physical therapy (PT) set up. These folks are the ones who are going to restore my function—standing, walking, climbing stairs, and so on. My first real PT session is on Monday.

My therapist's name, believe it or not, is Pilgrim Lin. Pilgrim was very thorough in testing the strength of my various muscles, especially my legs. After that, he asked me to stand up in front of my wheelchair. I could squooch forward and put my feet on the floor, but I could not stand up. Pilgrim was so astonished, he invited a couple of his fellow therapists to come over and watch Fiona try to stand. My legs are strong, even my knees are strong, but the only way I can stand up is to have three handholds (two to use, one for backup) that I can put my weight on. I think y'all can imagine how frustrating that is. I was in tears!

I wish I could write personal commemts, but I'm just too weak and tired. I've had three falls since Thursday when we met Pilgrim for the first time.. In the worst of the falls, I landed in a sprawl all across my wheelchair, all four limbs going every which way. I even hit my head—very lightly, nothing to worry about. At this point I would give good money not to have to ever use the bathroom again! (Apologies if that's TMI.). I sure hope Pilgrim knows what he's doing. Bob and I both are about to go crazy over this whole thing.

Last edited by Fiona W; 06-27-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:17 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Checking in..no personals today.

Had to spend 2 hours today helping DH look for his partial that he misplaced after we got home. Went to the farmer's market and got a few things. Got the spray paint for my table and chairs for the patio and a sage plant. The herbs were slim pickins at the store so we're going to keep looking tomorrow.

Had a cheat meal today...first one in awhile. It was good but I'll be back to normal tomorrow.

Had a little bit of a rough day today emotionally. Still getting used to these meds. Don't feel like writing anything else....have a good night all
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:51 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hi everyone.
Sam was your cheat planned or was it due to your emotional day? Either way I hope your emotions will even out soon.
Fi thanks for checking in. You and Bob have sure been through a lot. How are the kitties doing with all the stress in the house.
Betsy how can you even work when it is that hot? Somehow I knew part of your house would be painted red. One day left to our challenge. I am in the mood where I feel like I need a treat. I am going to stay focused and remind myself that I deserve to be healthy and fit more then I need a sweet treat. 186 days to go.
I hate how impatient I am with weight loss. I want the scale to go down 2 pounds everyday. On a good note, I fit into a pair of capri's from last summer that I thought would be too tight.
Have a healthy day.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:49 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone.

Dgramie, welcome. I hope you will post more and let us know how you are doing. I also have more trouble staying on plan on weekends. I think it's the change in routine.

Betsy, do you ever take a day off? You always seem to be so busy. I hope once the kids arrive you will take a little time to relax and enjoy having them there. As for the hot weather, I sympathize. I know ours will be here eventually. Our temps have been cooler but still humid and for me with having asthma that means still having to have the A/C running.

Terra, great news about Scott's schedule change, and you will be able to spend more time together.

Sam, I love the rug for your patio. It's so colorful. I hope you will have better luck finding herbs today.

Rabid, I think we have all eaten something to help us feel better, and ended up feeling even worse because of it. I hope your mood has improved and today is a better day.

Ubee, so glad you're staying on plan this weekend. I find that avoiding sugar and flour altogether works best for me. When I have some I want more and when I don't have any I really don't miss it. I find that when I eat healthy my food bill increases from all the fresh stuff I buy. Interesting that yours goes down.

Fiona, Good luck with physical therapy tomorrow. I am sure that it will help strengthen those weak muscles and get those legs of yours working right again.

DH's colonoscopy went well on Friday, but he is glad it's over with for another 5 years. We ended up not going to Pennsylvania yesterday. The credit card we were going to use for lunch and gas and flowers is almost maxed out and I didn't really want to put anything on another one. I was disappointed but it was also my decision not to go. We still plan to go one day this summer, just not right now.

Staying home gave me an extra day to work on the house so I took advantage of that and managed to get a lot done. I am taking tomorrow off too so between today and tomorrow I should be able to get everything done, so Friday will just have to be a quick vacuum and dust for Saturday. And yes, I have stayed on plan this weekend.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:32 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Day 68 on Atkins Induction

A great day today.

Lost another 2 pounds

This makes 40 pounds lost on Atkins

I have been super busy building a project in the HOT Florida Sun and HIGH HUMIDITY.

I have been building an enclosed trailer to tow my motorcycle to the Albany area of New York State. DW and I head North to visit our children and grandchildren leaving on July 7th. My son and both grandsons as well as my stepdaughter all ride motorcycles and I am so looking forward to this trip.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:35 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Boy am I sore. I went down last evening. NO not on my motorcycle.
I was painting the frame work of the V-Nose air deflector for my new bike trailer. I lost my balance and I fell to the ground from the top of an 8 foot step ladder. Fortunately I bounced instead of breaking. My left ankle, left thigh muscle, back and neck all hurt. The worst is my ankle. I am just getting to be able to walk without a limp. I have decided that 70 going on 71 in a few weeks is too old to start a new career as a circus acrobat. lmao
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:37 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Checking back in. Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I was away this weekend, with trivia night on Friday (we came in second), working Saturday, and playing video games Sunday in between yucky household chores.

I am in a much better state of mind than I was on Friday, for all that it's Monday. My Friday was out of control -- I had TWO desserts that night on top of everything else! -- but I rebounded for the weekend just fine. I'll have to see how the work week goes. Weekdays are much harder for me as there's lots of junk food around the office, and I get stressed at work, and that makes me want to shove unhealthy food in my face. Not a good combination!
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #159  

Spent some time in my garden this morning. I tied up tomatoe plants that the wind had beat down. The plants are loaded but not sign of ripening yet. Squash is producing but slow going. I have picked 13 this yr which is ok considering all the rain and cool weather we had. I picked my first cucumber this morning. My peppers are just sad this yr. Not sure what's up with that. Oh well with a garden it changes from year to yr.
Hubby and I ate Mexican for lunch on sat. I had a shrimp cocktail and ended up sick. I'm afraid a shrimp was bad. I feel better this morning but don't think I want shrimp anytime soon.
Food is planned for the week.

I am 51 and run an in-home daycare. I keep 3 which is the state law. I have 3 adult children and 6 grands. Who are my world!!
I love doing crafts, but don't have much time for them.
My hubby is bipolar and disabled with it. So I understand the meds and cycles. It's a horrible illness.
Food today will be veggie based. Gotta cook up all the garden stuff I picked.
Have a great day everyone.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:14 AM   #160  

Good morning all. The wackadoodle weather in the NW made the national news so now I know that it is officially hotter than !

Fi Love your PT's name (reminded me of John Wayne for some reason), but hate that you're having to go to one. I think I can speak for everyone here in hoping that Pilgrim soon has you much more mobile -- you've been through enough!
Herbs Sam, hope that the meds even out for you soon. Sounds like your patio project is coming along -- love the colors you're using.
Ubee You definitely won the weekend challenge. I woke up on Saturday with bad sciatica and used it as an excuse. Some better today -- more limited to my right hip. Some would say that pain in the butt area is a fitting metaphor! The kids arrive today and the house is a small disaster area as I'm moving with a walker. Back on plan today -- having them here will actually help as I always "behave" better when there is an audience.
Cindy Yes, I take days off. In fact I took entire years off which is why I'm now having to spend a crazy summer trying to get caught up on everything. I totally understand about your not wanting to put anything else on credit card and glad you were able to use the "found" time to get some things done. Glad that the colonoscopy is over for DH.
Larry OUCH! So glad that you didn't do more damage with the fall and especially that you're decided against an acrobatics career. Have the children started in with the warnings to be more careful or did you wisely just not tell them? Congrats on 40 pounds -- WOW!
Rabidstoat Glad you've come back from the dark side. Sounds like you have a very active social life, and it is hard to stay on plan -- or at least it is for me. When I was working I always wanted to be stuffing something in my mouth -- far too often stress eating but sometimes to keep me from saying something that should remain unsaid. Totally understand the challenges of working and having bad foods around.
Dgramie So envious of you that you have a garden producing all that fresh produce. I'm going to be putting in raised beds later this summer (for next year!) as I live on the side of a mountain and the only thing that comes up is rocks. You sound very busy. I really admire people who provide daycare -- so needed and so few available.

I probably won't be posting much this week, but it's due to the kids arriving today (a day early) and they'll be living here for the next week. Plus with my nephew starting on painting the house, I'm sure that there will be a lot of questions. Hopefully everyone has a great week!
Old 06-29-2015, 01:21 PM   #161  

Hi everyone.
I stayed on plan and my scale is down 2 pounds this week!!!
Betsy sorry to hear you have a PITA. Please try to stay on plan and report in when you can.
Deb I am taking a break from Mexican food. It is one of many areas where I have no self control. I am doing well so I don't want to tempt fate.
rabid good luck. It sounds like you have a huge challenge at work.
Larry congrats on the 40 down. Be careful! You are giving me more grey hair.
Cindy good job staying on plan and not maxing out your credit card. You can do this!
Not much going on just enjoying our great weather.
Have a healthy day.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:19 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Not doing great the weekend was decadent. Barbecue Friday night , and ate chips etc on Saturday. And more junk on Sunday. And didn't workout either. Summer life is so busy..

I may or may not get a tooth extracted tomorrow so silver linings I may not be able to eat for a while .
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:44 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Ubee The cheat meal came about because I decided I wasn't hungry in the morning when we left and I thought I could hang on for a little while and ended up deciding that I was starving and haven't had a cheat meal for awhile so I decided to do it. It didn't have anything to do with the emotions I am dealing with. I've fought really hard with emotionally eating and am proud to say that I don't do it any longer. Great job on the 2 pounds this week!!!

Cindy DH put off the search until today so I'll be going soon to look again. Hopefully we don't come back empty handed this time. I love the rug too. I wanted to do my chairs orange but somehow DH talked me in to doing a light teal/blue color.

Larry Hope you enjoy your trip up to NY. Sorry to hear about your fall. Take it easy for a few days so you will be able to ride when you get up there. Hope all is well otherwise

Rabid Hope this week is a better week for you. My weekend was full of emotions so I can relate. I'm slowly getting back to normal but it's still hard getting used to this new medicine.

dgramie Your garden sounds lovely. I hope you are able to enjoy a lot of produce from it this year.

Betsy I hope by the end of the month the patio will be completely done. I'm excited I wish it was done already but it's been slow going since we haven't had any luck with finding the plants we want. Enjoy your week with the kids!

Silent Summer foods are always so good it's hard to stay away. I've struggled with it too but seem to be doing better this year than last year. Hope everything goes well with your tooth pulling.

I didn't post yesterday because I was not feeling up to talking to really anyone. I decided I didn't want to weigh in yesterday either. I couldn't handle what the scale might have said with the cheat meal on Saturday. With my emotions the way they are I figured it was probably best that I just kick butt this week and hope to see the scale or my measurements move this week.

Finished my cardio and getting ready to go to look for more herbs and plants. DH is making himself ribs and I have left over pork tenderloin for dinner. I'm trying to pay very close attention to my carb count in hopes that will help with the weight loss...even more so than I have as of late. Hopefully that will help..

Take care all...
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:18 AM   #164  

Good day.
Sam I love the teal/blues. Your patio is going to be such a nice retreat when it is finished. Take it one day at a time and soon you will be back to an even keel. You can do this. Sending you a big hug!
Silent only here would we understand how having dental work and pain would be a good thing. Keep posting and taking baby steps. Good health and weight loss will follow.

I am sticking to my plan. I am going to a movie and the popcorn will be tempting but I have a challenge to win on Thursday morning.
Have a peaceful day.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:38 AM   #165  

Good morning from a still sleeping house....except for the dogs and me! The kids finally rolled in here about 12:15 last night and then had to unload everything. The little guys were in bed pretty quickly, but my nephew found the frozen pizzas I keep on hand for when the little guys are here and fixed one as he hadn't eaten since about 10 yesterday morning. It's going to be a fun week.

Ubee Just spent about 3 minutes figuring out how you knew I'd bought some PITAs to have for sandwiches while the kids are here and finally figured out you meant Pain In the A$$. You are a wit and a half which is much better than being a half wit. I am getting back on track -- don't want to lose every one of these challenges!
Silent Ubee's right. Only here would tooth extraction be viewed as a positive!
Sam Some days being social is just more than I have in me so I completely understand. Glad to see you back today.

Off to get some breakfast ready and to corral the dogs and bring them back inside since they're barking like crazy. I need to back my nephew's birthday cake -- he's 44 today and I distinctly remember his birth (i.e., I'm the one feeling old today!).

Hope everyone has a great day.