Old 05-29-2015, 09:06 PM   #196  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Obsidian: Congrats! That sounds awesome that someone noticed your weight loss, and your shirt is less snug.

Ubee: Glad that things are okay in Ubee Land.

Sam: Good job on working out even though you had a busy day. . PB2 cookies? I must find this recipe. Haven't tried PB2 yet, but I may give it a whirl.

Betsy: Ouch! That sounds painful. Glad that you already feel a difference.

Where's Mountain? Haven't heard from her in a while.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:24 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I have not checked in lately but have been on plan. I had a routine doctors appointment with my pulmonologist for my COPD. The appointment went well but I noticed his scale and my cardiologist's scale show higher weight than my home scale by about 5 pounds. After the appointment I checked mine again and it still reads low. This means my starting weight was higher and my current weight is higher than I thought. My loss so far of 23 pounds is accurate but the starting and current numbers are different. I am adjusting my signature. I bought a good digital scale and it agrees with my doctor's scale. Now for the first time ever I have a scale that gives me readings to the closest 10th of a pound.

Today's food 15g Carbs, 111g Fat, 92g Protein
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:47 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Hi everyone. I don't think I'm going to be able to catch up with everything I've missed, but I will do my best.

Tootsie, I started out in March doing South Beach because I had success with it before, losing about 45 lbs. on it about 10 years ago. I still follow the principles of it, eating mostly lean protein, veggies, healthy fats and avoiding sugar and refined carbs. That is when I'm not eating everything in sight.

Obsidian, congratulations on being so disciplined with working out. But listen to Sam. She knows what she's talking about. I also share an obsession with the scale, so good luck going cold turkey with that. I can't do it.

Betsy, sorry about all the pain you are/were experiencing. But very glad you discovered the cause and are correcting it. My DH was on Warfarin for 3 years after he had open heart surgery. His cardiologist stopped it in January and felt low dose aspirin is now enough for him. This after being diagnosed with internal bleeding from stomach ulcers. Fortunately they have since healed.

Sam, kudos to you for working out even though you were already so tired. I hope you get some rest.

Ubee, I hope once you have your routine back we will hear more from you.

Terra, what did you make in cooking class?

Fi, I hope you are managing alright. Today is the day Bob was leaving, isn't it?

I am glad this week is over. It has been a busy one. I was supposed to go to a card-making class tonight, but I bowed out because I'm beat. There will be another one in two weeks.

My leg is feeling much better. I'm still using a cane but I can bend my knee now when I walk so I'm getting there. I've been back on track with eating for two days now. Not much I know, but it's a start. I am getting tired of this gaining/losing cycle I'm on, so I'm refocused and hoping it lasts lol.

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:23 AM   #199  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Bob left yesterday, in the wee hours of the 29th. Grace was supposed to come over, but we had a disconnect. We rescheduled for Monday, which is when the recycle bins are supposed to be out at the curb. =sigh= I hate asking Grace to do things like that for me, but I don't have any choice.

I feel terrible: minus-3. The cats are driving me crazy by making me play fetch with them. I haven't been upstairs in over a week. Sorry to be glum, but I said I would check in often, so I will.

Last edited by Fiona W; 05-30-2015 at 07:24 AM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:58 AM   #200  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Cindylh thanks

Fiona Feel better

Woke up this morning extremely sore...Remember the first time you worked out EVER, yeah that sore. I haven't felt like that in years? So no weights or any working out till Monday.

Scale is at 365, which puts me finally at 10lbs lost. I know it isn't a big deal, but it put a smile on my face. Also the lower I go the more my ankles will stop swelling, which I realize is my first goal. I really want to wear shoes comfortably.

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 05-30-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:29 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Ubee Glad your daughter will be getting together with friends. I'm sure she'll love that opportunity!! Glad you are doing ok...Thinking of you and hope that you are able to get back in better routine with this. Keep posting!

Obsidian Looser clothes is definitely and sign of fat loss, regardless what the scale says. I generally only take my official weight and measurements once a week. I may hop on the scale a couple times during the week just to see where I'm at but I don't take what it says too seriously. It's hard not to want to become obsessed with the scale but it's also a surefire way to get you discouraged if you don't see it move...been there, done that. I've learned to trust my body and how I feel overall even if the scale doesn't move. You're doing great, just give your body some rest so it can mend and make more muscles!! You are on fire lady!

Tootsie Yeah they sound good and something to curb the sweet tooth. They are still a little high on the carbs though at 15g a cookie. I ended up not making them because I forgot to enter in one of my snacks from earlier in the day and then I was already at a point where I probably shouldn't take in anymore major carbs for the day so I skipped it and just had PB2 by itself with some celery.

Larry Glad your doctor's appointment went well. I bought a digital scale at the start of my journey because my old one had kicked the bucket a long time ago. It definitely help and is way more accurate I think. You're doing so well even if you weighed a little more you're still doing it and that's what matters!

Cindy I have come to the conclusion that I do things even if I don't want to because I'm addicted to the results I get...I did end up sleeping pretty good last night because of how tired I was too hehe....Glad you are getting around better and HEYY!!! Two on plan days is good!! We all have to have that starting point so don't count it as not enough...You're doing great!!

Fi It's good to hear from you. Don't worry about being glum, we all understand that you are going through a lot right now. I'm sure Grace doesn't mind having to help you out so just let her do it. I know you'd do the same for her if she was in your position. I'm sorry you aren't feeling your best and I hope it gets better soon for you. I can understand not wanting kitties in your face when you aren't feeling 100%. Keep checking in, we want to know you're safe. (((HUGS)))

BTW Obsidian 10 pounds is a big deal!!! You made it to 10 pounds!!! I am glad that you are listening to your body on whether or not you need to rest!!

So I'm up and enjoying a strong cup of coffee. Not sure if I mentioned the other day when I went grocery shopping I found that Silk brand makes an almond milk creamer, so I got it to try it. I've thrown in the towel on making my own, you just can't taste the stuff in strong coffee. This isn't too bad. I don't taste the vanilla so much but at least it gives the coffee a little creamy texture. It has 1g less carb and 1g less sugar than my regular creamer I use and I think is lower than fat, I'd have to look at the bottle again. I'm going to try this out for a couple weeks and see how I like it before I give a full report on it. Since I use creamer as my only means to sweeten my coffee I have to have it...I can't drink straight up black.

Going to be going to the farmer's market in a little bit. DH had a rough night of heart burn so he stayed up late. I woke up later than I had wanted to. Was wanting to get to the farmer's market early to get some strawberries from my favorite vendor but I know they'll be gone by the time I get there. There's another farmer's market in the next town over, near the lake DH and I walked a couple weeks back. Maybe we can check that one out too and go for a walk on the lake. I'm not sure how DH will feel towards going on a walk since he had a late night last night but hopefully he wants to. I'd love to get out in the sunshine and have a different scenery to look at. I'm also going to take that shirt back today and exchange it for something else. DH was making fun of a pair of underwear I was wearing last night and said they looked baggy and atrocious so I think I might need to get some new ones while I'm there LOL...

Went to the neighbors house last night and met my friend's new boyfriend. He's moving up to VA at the end of the coming month to be with him. I'm going to be so sad when he moves, but his roommate is going be staying in the apartment so I won't have to worry about getting completely new neighbors. They all couldn't believe how thin I'm looking. Lewis, my good friend since high school said I look smaller than I did in high school which is a HUGE compliment. I need to take some progress pics soon and change my avatar on here. I'm thinking about doing it the weekend of June 14 since that will mark 1 year and 5 months since I started my journey. I haven't taken monthly progress pics in awhile but I still take progress photos as I go along.

Well I better get to thinking about breakfast and getting my but in gear for the day. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone. Bad food day yesterday and I'm feeling it in my joints this morning -- plus rain is coming soon and that always impacts them. Back to eating healthy!

Sam I know you're glad to get all that filing done, but 3 hours -- no wonder you were tired. I do wish you were my neighbor instead of living across country -- your motivation to work out even when your tired would maybe rub off on me!!!! Hope you're able to find some strawberries. One of the vendors around here has the early ones in, so I'm going to hunt for some when I go into town later on today. Yum -- love me fresh, locally grown strawberries that are red all the way through.
Ubee Thanks for checking in and letting us know that you'll be irregular. (Sorry -- that sounds like you're having tummy issues!) It sounds like your daughter's time at the center is good for her and good for you. Win-win.
Obsidian Keep those NSVs coming. In many ways, I think that they are as or more important than the scale victories.
Tootsie You're always so good about commenting on everyone else, but what's new with you? Hope you're having a good weekend.
Larry My scale is 4 pounds off from one doctor's, but 2 pounds lighter than the cardiologist. I figure as long as I'm measuring with one scale for my tracking that I'm good. It is fun to get a new scale that measure in tenths -- makes a day when you lose half a pound (do you have any of those -- you seem to lose in pounds!) feel like success was achieved.
Cindy So glad your knee is beginning to feel better! And good luck with throwing away the yo-yo dieting. I'm convinced that I've lost at least a ton of weight over my life time from yo-yoing back and forth!
Fi Glad you're checking in and definitely prefer Grumpy Fi to No Fi! I'm sure Grace doesn't mind in the least taking the carts out for you -- she sounds like she's a wonderful young lady. Hope you are able to get out of the negative numbers. Hang in there.

The afternoon spent with the boys was fun and fairly quiet. Bill took them fishing -- which they love -- and then we stopped and got pizza so that we wouldn't have a long wait at a restaurant on a Friday night. For some unknown reason, Bill agreed to go with a friend on a chartered fishing trip that left at 4:30 this morning. It's over on the Hood Canal, so he had to get up at 12:30 to get to the friend's house and then drive over there. That doesn't sound like fun at all. This is my first open weekend in what feels like ages. I'm going to get the RV cleaned out today, change the sheets in there and on my bed and get those washed up, cut the grass and run into town. Tomorrow is weeding day. Lots and lots and lots of weeding to do.

Back to faithfully recording my food in MFP. I'm hoping that with 3 days without an event that I can get me back on track. Does anyone else do better when there are no social events on the schedule?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 05:26 PM   #203  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy & Cindy ~ We made Taco's, Hard and Soft, I had 2 soft taco's

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 6:45 this morning. Its now 4:23 p.m. I got the dishes done but I have yet to go on my daily walk and vacuum my room. I should of vacuumed my room earlier when Scott was up but now he's asleep, Oh well I'll do it tomorrow. I hope everyone has been having a great day today. Take Care.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:35 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Hi everyone.

Larry, glad your checkup went well. I have 2 digital scales which are about 5 lbs off from each other. I only use one of them though. The other one only goes up to 300 so I haven't been able to use that one for a while.

Fi, thanks for checking in. Please be careful. We worry. I'm sure Grace doesn't mind helping you out at all.

Obsidian, congratulations on losing 10 lbs. It is a big deal. Be proud. Every pound lost puts you closer to your goal.

Sam, I hope you were able to find some nice produce at the farmer's market. At this time of year our available strawberries come from Florida but they're still yummy. I had some this morning.

Betsy, I have lost and gained back a ton of weight over my lifetime too. I'm hoping to keep losing this time. I definitely agree that I do much better with food when I'm doing the planning and/or cooking. Good luck with getting back on track. You can do this. One good day at a time.

Terra, I hope you're having a great weekend.

Well, my three days of being back on track must be working, because I've now lost 30 lbs. Monday is my official weigh in day but it's such a nice number I had to own and share it now. I am beginning to think that my days of "over-indulging" are somehow helping me lose weight. I know this is dangerous thinking but I was stuck at the same weight for weeks, and then after a week of eating badly and gaining weight I lost that weight quickly when I got back on track, and more with it. That seems to be happening this time too. Of course I could have and eventually would have lost more weight anyway by staying on track. I just think I shook things up a bit so my body doesn't know what's going on. I do think an indulgence once in awhile is okay. The problem is keeping it to only once in a while and not having it turn into a pattern. There will be bad days and there will be good days, but whichever I'm in this for the long-haul.

I hope you all have a nice Sunday.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #205  
rockin' my 60s!

Thanks so much for the encouraging words, y'all!

I slept a lot yesterday and today, and will probably do so for the rest of weekend: it helps me get out of the blues. I feel bad that I didn't see Grace on Friday, but I'm looking forward to seeing her twice next week—Monday and Friday. I'm at a pleasant zero right now.

My good news for the day is that I made it upstairs and took a shower, leaving the wheelchair at the foot of the stairs and making my way up & around in alligator fashion. =smile= I was too exhausted to crawl to my studio, but I'll try to get there tomorrow.

I'm listening to the radio right now: Sirius-XM. =ahhhhhh= The station is called "Little Steven's Underground Radio." On weekday nights I listen to my favorite deejay, Jim Ladd, from 7 PM to 11 PM, and on weekends Little Steven. Yes, that is indeed the same Little Steven who is Bruce Springsteen's top guitarist and best friend. Jim Ladd broadcasts from "high in the Hollywood Hills," and Little Steven and his pals from New Jersey, of course. So I bounce back & forth from California to New Jersey every week. Radio is so cool these days because satellite means no commercials. =grin=

Last edited by Fiona W; 05-30-2015 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:19 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Atkins Induction Day 40

Fiona W Cats can drive you crazy but they are a lot of good company also.

Obsidianbbw on hitting the 10 pound loss point. That is a big deal. keep it up.

SamIAm86 As a 21 year Navy Chief I love strong coffee but since being on Atkins I did what I thought was impossible and I decaffinated myself. Sure took me a long time to get used to the decaf taste but I have finally started to enjoy it.

betsy2013 I lost in pounds because my scale was a mechanical one and not capable of registering 1/2 pounds. Yesterday I repotted all my house plants. (and I have a lot) I have some indoors but most are out on the front Cracker style porch. I have been using Miracle Grow Moisture Control Potting Mix. I have become very fond of that product for my container plants.

Terra Hi

Cindylh on achieving 30 pounds lost. I am not there yet but I am working on it.

Today was a Great Day !!

My scale rewarded me with a 3 pound loss!!

That makes 26 pounds lost in 40 days on Atkins.

DW and I went to one of Florida's largest flea markets today. They have over 1,100 vendors and I got to walk for 3 hours in 91 degree temperature. We had a good time and I got some good exercise.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:25 AM   #207  
rockin' my 60s!

Betsy— Correction: Grumpy Fi is minus-1. Minus-3 is seriously dark-minded and painful like the pain of grief. It's not your fault, it's mine, for using a relatively upbeat word like "glum." "Glum" appies to Fi at zero or minus-1 while listening to creepy dark music (e.g., Amy Winehouse—who did not, by the way, kill herself or accidentally take an overdose of something—her drug of choice was alcohol—more on that point if you're interested).

By saying "glum" I was hoping to bump myself into that state of mind. Writing about what you want sometimes works!

Last edited by Fiona W; 05-31-2015 at 01:41 AM.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:58 AM   #208  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Cindy ~ My weekend is going good, Thanks for asking, How it yours going?

Larry ~ Hi Larry, How are you doing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 7:30 this morning, Mom and I are about to start our errands. We are going to Walmart and Dillions and I'm not sure where else. As always I do my daily walk outside if the weather allows it if it doesnt I work out to my exercise dvd inside. I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. Take Care.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:26 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone just a quick check in, no personals today...

I'm so tired from being out late last night, DH had a show so we were out until almost 3AM. I managed to stay away from McDonald's that late at night but made me a grilled chicken lettuce wrap at home instead. I already ate breakfast today and forgot to weight myself beforehand so I'll be doing that tomorrow as my weigh in for this week.

Supposed to go up town today to take that shirt back and go to the mall to look at some video games. Other than that I'll be taking a slow day. I'm still pretty tired so a nap will be in order I think. Going to meal prep too and I think I want to do that chicken salad again it was so good.

Have a great day everyone!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:25 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. May 31 -- where did this month go? Didn't meet my weight loss goal for the month, but at least I didn't end the month with a gain!

Terra I love tacos. What kind of fillings did you have available? I'm with you on the vacuuming -- there's always tomorrow (actually, that holds true for anything related to cleaning house!).
Cindy 30 pounds -- way to go! I chuckled thinking that when we have birthdays ending in a 0, we're not too happy. But with weight loss getting to another decade is so rewarding. I agree with you that shaking up the eating does sometimes help our bodies get back on track. Unfortunately, in shaking things up, it tends to lead me down the path to being out of control.
Fi Glad you were able to get a shower and that you're at a pleasant 0. Satellite radio is wonderful and I know you enjoy music a lot.
Larry Would you be willing to share your daily menus with us? I'm at a loss for how you keep the carbs so low and need some inspiration. I like the Miracle Gro potting soils, too -- they make a huge difference in how well things grow for me. Sounds like fun at the flea market and great exercise, but the 91 degree temps sound like torture to me.
Sam 3 AM -- I'd be dead on my feet!!! Good for you on foregoing the fast food. Hope you get some much needed rest today.

I didn't get as much done yesterday as I should have -- just felt like I needed a down day. So, I will get the RV cleaned out today and get the grass cut. I need to really clean the house, but that's going to wait until tomorrow. I'm reading a great murder mystery and I can feel it calling to me.

My tummy is growling like crazy -- and not in the I'm hungry way but in the you'd better not get more than 50 feet from a bathroom. Don't know what's up -- can't think of what I ate yesterday that would cause it. Another busy week coming up -- the battle with the yard continues.

Hope everyone has a good day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote