Old 01-14-2015, 12:31 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi OzDeb! I used to hang out on the 20-somethings forum back in 2009/2010. I haven't really been around much since then. I lost a lot of weight using this forum before but it's only THIS TIME that I'm back and fit into this group! Well... I've moved below 300 now, and I hope I never see that number on the scale again!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:37 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 362/311/187

Height: 5'7"

I had put it behind me in November last year too Everlasting, but I have had a rapid regain due to a lot of stress in my life which happened after that time. I've been to see my doctor today and I am seeking help and being proactive again, so I hope to be back under it again. However, I feel that since my heaviest weight was over 360 I still belong here well and truly! Anyway, here's to being below it again
OzDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:01 AM   #93  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Sue— Welcome back! I look forward to getting to know you, when you're ready to tell us more about your situation. =smile=

Everlasting— Gee, that sounds like a hard way to maintain a marriage and raise a child, to only see your husband every eight weeks for four years—that is, if I understood you correctly. Thanks for telling us about yourself. And please don't feel you won't belong here when you go into the 200s. People who have been 300+ have particular challenges, all their lives, even if they get down to Onederland. We are a community here, giving high-quality support. We are committed to helping each other, no matter what the number on the scale says.

Well, y'all will be relieved to hear that the situation with Grace—my great niece, a freshman in high school, whom I am mentoring for all sorts of things, especially collage art, which is my calling—has improved a whole lot. She finally worked up the nerve to ask her parents what would happen with our Fridays. They talked privately for a while, then came back with the following: "Be home by 10:30 PM this Friday." That's A-OK with me, and is in fact is the time I was aiming for, before that one late night and the ensuing fiasco. I'm kinda disappointed they didn't guarantee anything about not schedulng other things into our Fridays, and that they didn't give any more explanation or want to discuss the matter further. But we will make it through this rough patch, one Friday at a time.

Much more disappointing is the fact that my mood has not improved. I'm still having episodes of -3, even -4, every day for hours. All the same, I did finish the collage I had to make. I still haven't written the swap I'm hosting, but that's next on my list. Meanwhile, I'm doing everything in my power to get my mood much better, so that I can have a fabulous Friday with Grace.

Foodwise, I appear to be done with the binge episode and back to my normal routine of modified Atkin's. I haven't been consistent about doing my leg exercises every night, not in a long time, and I really want to get there because having strong thighs & knees makes my Qigong exercises go more smoothly. And Qigong is my big mood-improver, these days.

As soon as I upload it on ipernity, I'll give you the link to my new collage, which I think is funny. But then I do have a weird sense of humor. =grin=

Last edited by Fiona W; 01-14-2015 at 08:29 AM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:18 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Deb and Fiona - I'm trying not to stress about the 4 years. I was a lot at first but I'm looking at it now as when he will be home the next time, 8 week stints. It might be longer in the winter depending on weather, but the more time he works the more time he gets off, so if he is away 3 months he will get 3 weeks home... his last drive home was horrible and too 2 whole days! When he's home its for a week to two weeks, so he has time to spend with us. We could move to be with him but it would be pointless because the housing where he is is ridiculously priced, and our trailer/land here is paid off so there are no rent/mortgage payments. He is living free in company housing where he is, but it's a bunker... not for families. I do hope to take a road trip this summer when the weather is nice to see where he is working and spend some of his off time there as I have never been 'out west' before.

I think I need this page and need to check in on here often until I get myself into a good routine. Getting up to 300lb was very easy and it's not going to be so easy to lose it and keep it off.

I did a 13 minute ride on my new exercise bike this morning. Doesn't seem like much but it's a good start for me not having been on a bike in 4 years. I have stayed on my meal plan for 15 days now and feeling great about that! Lots of housework to get done today to make up for the last four days when I was really feeling yucky with TOM and a migraine.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:15 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning from what is rapily becoming the fog capital of the world. In spite of the lousy weather, I'm in a sunny mood -- the work on the house is almost done, I get to go back to the gym today (never thought I'd be excited about that!), and the new sofas will be delivered on Friday so that I can sit in comfort in the family room again. Now, if I can just string together a few days of staying on plan to remind me that I can do this, I'll be over the moon! (No, Ubee, outer space is not where I usually reside!)

So many posts yesterday -- that's wonderful!

Fi -- Good decision on just staying out of it after I read your first post about Grace's schedule. I imagine she has played a role in getting overscheduled, but was very glad to read that at least this Friday is on. And glad that the binge attack is over. Just realized that it's almost like we need a defense against them. Hhhmmmm -- wonder how to develop a good defense strategy (other than just will power). Keep enjoying the kitties -- they're good for what ails us in so many ways.

Terra -- Have you developed any new eating approaches with the new year. Sounds like your exercising is getting back on track.

Sugar -- So glad to see you back here with us. We've missed you. It is hard to stay positive and not only think but truly believe that we can get down to where we want to be. But, believe in yourself. You can do this and we'll be with you all the way.

Institches -- Hi! Glad you're joining our group. We share a lot -- not only about our dieting and eating and binges and successes, but those every day moments that make us all very special and unique.

Everlasting -- Welcome and thank you for sharing your story with us. You can probably tell by now that you're not alone in your efforts, the fact that you had a big loss followed by a gain, etc. But having had a big loss, you know you can do this. You have a lot going on in your life including several pretty big challenges with your husband's job. Sounds like you're handling things well and moving forward. I love your new decor for the living room -- sounds reasonable to me!

Deb -- Welcome and add another person to the binge food du jour (or sometimes, the binge food de hour ).

Ubee -- No way would I ever roll my eyes at you. Actually, I was thinking of what low cal sparkling beverage we could serve at the Seahawks victory party. And, yes, I will be below 300 pounds by 2016. Tired of not being able to do anything due to toting around two small people with me.

Sam -- Get some sleep!

After reading that the DASH diet was again rated #1, I ordered the book. Actually, I eat like that already, except that I do have more meat than DASH allows. What I realized is that a) I truly do have to BELIEVE that I can do this and not just think I can and b) portion control is about measuring not eyeballling it. Evidently, I have very large eyeballs -- picture one of those old horror movies where one feature is out of proportion (besides my tummy, boobs, and hips that is). That would be my eyeballs when I'm serving myself. I'm going to look up standard portion sizes, write them on an index card and tape it to the cabinet in the kitchen -- it will be that decor item I've been missing. Then I'm going to fix my luncheon size plate and measure/weigh everything. With any luck it will be cold by the time I finish, and I won't want to eat it all anyway.

OK, off to the gym for the first time in almost 2 weeks. Becky is staying here and with all this fog they brought in enough mud and dirt that I'll be cleaning for a month. Love the dogs and must focus on their positive qualities! Have a wonderful day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:11 PM   #96  
rockin' my 60s!

Betsy— I've always heard that the size of a portion should be no larger than one's fist. But that sounds pretty dubious to me, since a portion of salad isn't the same size as a portion of noodles or whatever. And my own fist is way too large: I have big bones and big hands. (I wish I had gotten my father's height along with his frame!) My hands are too big for me to make the tiny collages some people make, like on playing cards. The way I imagine I'll cope with eating less, once I've lost the weight and am maintaining, is that my stomach will be smaller and my artworks will be larger. I'll invite you to visit, Betsy, because your oversized eyeballs will be perfect for viewing my oversized collages—Ha!!

Speaking of collages, here's my latest, titled "when all the ice melts..." Someone asked me if box #10 was a self-portrait. Since I've been angry and beleaguered of late, and my collages usually refer to my emotional state, I said, "Yes." =grin=

Last edited by Fiona W; 01-14-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:18 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

@Ubee - thanks, lol I am so uninteresting these days and I haven't been around so you should be use to dullness now or found your liveliness in other sources.

Besty - Enjoy the gym!

Terra thanks for the WB

So its slow going, I am probably eating too much now that I am working out again, there in lies the rub, I am hungry and eat more when I work out but you are suppose to workout to maintain muscle mass and health. its just not great for weight loss and me! lol.

Both workouts this week were less than enthusiastic I am patting myself on the back for even "showing up". lol
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:25 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Wow lots of posts the past few days!!! I hope I don't miss anyone!

sugar Welcome back! Glad to see you posting again!!

Silent Great job on showing up at the gym! One day, one rep, one pound at a time you'll lose this weight! I believe in you!!

Terra Love the new photo! I can see your face slimming!!

Sue Welcome back to the group! You got it this time!! We are all here for you!!

Debbie Welcome to the group!! I hope you'll stay awhile and post as much as possible! This group is great I have gotten so much love and support here that I couldn't possibly ever leave!!

Everlasting Welcome!! I am so sorry to hear of your miscarriage. I can imagine how terrible you've felt these past couple of years. I have PCOS and have been wanting a baby for a good while now and has been my biggest motivation to get healthy. Thank you for sharing your story, it really resonates with me. Posting here is one step in the right direction. You have lost this weight before and I know you can do it again!! I bet your husband will be so surprised next time he sees you!!

Ubee How are things today my friend? Sounds like your eating is going well...how about the exercise? You can do this!!! I'm here for you!!

Betsy Glad the workers finally showed up. Great job on getting to the gym!! I took a rest day today myself and plan to go to bed early tonight.

Fi Oh honey I'm sorry your depression has worsened. I'm glad the Qigong is helping though. Glad things for this week with Grace are going to go through. Be strong!! Love the collage!! The fire godzilla is awesome!!

Donna How are things today lady!?

I hope I haven't missed anyone and I sincerely apologize if I did. Today marks exactly one year since my journey!!! I can't believe I've made it this far!!! It's been a long road and lots still ahead but I'm ready for it!! I meant to weigh myself this morning as a weigh in for my anniversary but I woke up late and forgot. I will just use my Sunday's weigh in day as my yearly to keep it on track.

My boss left for NC but will be back on Friday. But then next week she's going on a cruise. She paid for a cruise and doesn't even know where it's sailing to. Does that seem a little odd to you guys?

Anyhow, not much else going on. I'm slowly planning to paint my room and bathroom and do a redecorating in here in the coming months but first I need to continue with the organization.

I'm calling it an early night to get caught up on sleep but hope everyone has enjoyed their day and have done ok staying on plan!! Tomorrow is cardio day for me at the gym...take care everyone!!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:11 PM   #99  

Quote:
Speaking of collages, here's my latest, titled "when all the ice melts..." Someone asked me if box #10 was a self-portrait. Since I've been angry and beleaguered of late, and my collages usually refer to my emotional state, I said, "Yes."
That's amazing, Fiona. You're very talented!

Last edited by OzDeb; 01-14-2015 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:33 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

Everlasting Welcome back! Wow, your hubby's work/home schedule sounds tough, but seems you've adjusted as well as you can. Great start back on the bike. Hey you have to start somewhere! Sounds like you're doing great staying POP. Awesome!!

OzDeb Good Luck with your new plan of action! I also know how hard stress can be, staying POP.

Fiona Thank You for the welcome. So happy for you and Grace, that you will have your Friday visit, I hope they continue, every Friday. Sorry about your unhappy mood, hope the week improves that for you. Now, what is Qigong? I do agree exercising is a great mood lifter. Tried Zumba today for 1st time. Could not keep up, but had 50mins of fun!

betsy2013 Thank you for the welcome, still haven't read every post, but I'm going to try and catch up with everybody from here on. I love how you describe this group, I do feel welcome and plan to visit often. I do like your comment about writing down a sample of a proper portion. {Ha Ha big eyeballs, you're funny}

Silentarctic Sorry things are just ok this week-but you're working out and that is Awesome! Hope your week improves!

SamIam86 Thanks for the welcome back! Yay on your 1yr anniversary! I can tell by your profile picture all your hard work! So excited for you! Yes, very odd in deed, to not know where your cruise is taking you! Well, have fun at the gym!

My week is going good! Since the new year, been trying again to lose weight, gained a lot due to stress and depression. My story is long and boring, but I'm now dealing with stuff much better, and finally, back on track and getting healthy again. Look forward to talking again! Tomorrow I get to spend the day with my 2 favorite granddaughter's, Emily-4 and Lillian-2. They are pure joy to be around! I also have 3 grandsons, but they live about 2hrs away.

Have a Great Thursday Everyone
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:05 AM   #101  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Debbie ~ Your welcome for the chair exercise youtube videos

Betsy ~ Nope I havent done any new approaches to my eating, I'm still trying to find my new way of eating.

Sam ~ I wish my face was slimming but the profile pic is from 2007, I wanted to use it on the forum as a motivation.

Silent ~ Your welcome, Like I said before, We are so glad you are back posting on the thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 4:50 a.m. this morning, Its now 6:03 a.m. Mom and I are gonna do our weekly shopping at Walmart after she gets done walking this morning and then I'll start watching for my bus at 10 a.m. and then tonight I'll do my 30 min. walking dvd. I have school today, I have cooking class and peer support group today. Anyway I hope everyone has a great Thursday.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:47 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Morning!
Yesterday I helped a friend and then my day got away on me. I sure do miss it when I don't post.
Fi glad the binging has stopped. I knew Grace would get it across to her parents how important your time together is.
Sue bravo on realizing it really all boils down to us helping ourselves! Now if we can just remember to do it.
Terra what did you make in foods class?
Welcome Everlasting! Life has sure thrown you a curve but I love how you are taking the reins and regaining control over your life and health.
Deb good luck with craving that lettuce. When it happens let me know the trick.
Sam just want to say I am so proud of you this last year!
Silent what are you doing for exercise!
Darn I have to run Hi to everyone and Betsy just pretend I said something sassy to you. Fi I will check out your collage later.
Have a peaceful day!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #103  
rockin' my 60s!

Sue— Qigong (chee-gung) is a branch of ancient Chinese medicine. The exercises I'm doing are supposed to raise one's level of Yang Chi (yang chee)—more light, more heat. My psychiatrist is the one who suggested I see a Qigong instructor, and so far, it's a great mood elevator.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:24 AM   #104  

Hey, everyone. I wish I could say I'd had a fantastic day but unfortunately it's been a major downer. I have a lot on my mind at the moment but the most pressing thing which came to a head is that in the next couple of weeks I'm going to have to have my 18-year-old kitty put to sleep. Now, I don't have children so my pets are like kids to me, so I'm finding it all very sad and troubling. The reason I mention it at all, though, is that a little bit of good news has come out of it. I've cried buckets of tears today because I told myself that I had permission to feel whatever I need to feel. And guess what? The urge to binge has now reduced by about 75%. It's still there a bit but it's gone from an extremely loud and demanding, insistent shout to a rather non-committal and far quieter voice. This voice I can handle easily. And I'll be OK, in time, about my poor old kitty because I know it's the right thing. At least we can do this humane and loving thing for our old pets who are starting to suffer but that doesn't make it any easier making the decision.

Fiona, is qigong anything like Tai Chi in terms of the type of exercises that you do?

Ubee, nice to see you passing through.

Terra, are the walking DVDs you have Leslie Sansone ones? I have a couple - I used to use them a while back and I found them pretty good. Although, of course, being in Australia, we really never have to be concerned about weather so bad that we HAVE to walk indoors or risk being swallowed up by a blizzard, so I do prefer walking outdoors if at all possible.

Institches, I can certainly relate re the stress and depression, but hang in there. I'm certainly trying to.

SamIAm, just checked out your ticker. What an amazing job you've done!

silentarctic, so you should congratulate yourself for "just showing up". It's still a big improvement on not doing anything. Who cares if your heart wasn't in it? Good for you - the intangible "mojo" that makes you enjoy it more and get pumped about it, it'll be back.

I also hope I haven't left anyone out - this is my first attempt at a big reply post in these forums!
Old 01-15-2015, 12:21 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Just a quick Hi, on my way to see my girls! Hope everyone is having a great day! talk to you all later
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote